Patis on Mission

Malik House

Huddled in the kitchen, Khushi and Madhu are munching on jilebis.  They are impatiently waiting for their doll to return home.

Madhu (licking the syrup off her finger):  So you want to tell me what prompted you to make jilebis?

Khushi:  Mmmm...whatever do you mean?  Can't I make jilebis for the heck of it?

Madhu:  Nope...only when we beg you to make it or you are bothered.  Since, none of us asked for it this evening, it's the latter.  So spill the beans.  What's bothering you?

Khushi (sighs):  I saw Di...I mean Anjali Jha at the Oberoi today.

Madhu (comprehending):  Ahhh...that explains your sudden disappearance for a few minutes.  So what is she doing here?  Hmm...so Arnav brought his Di to Mumbai?

Khushi (munching):  Not exactly.  It seems Mrs. Jha is on her own adventure...hmmm...should I say misadventure?

Madhu (picking up another jilebi):  What do you mean?  Since when did you start calling her Mrs. Jha?

Khushi (swallowing last bite):  Well...the seemingly pious Mrs. Jha is not has she seems.  She is having an affair.

Madhu (shocked):  No way...!

Khushi:  Yes she is and I would have understood given the snake of a man she is married to...he certainly deserves no loyalty.  Dearest Di is having an affair with none other than Rohan Malhotra.

Madhu (drops the half-eaten jilebi from her hand in shock):  What?!?  But...he's MARRIED!  And please don't tell she doesn't about his marital status, EVERYONE knows.  How could she do this to another woman?  She of all people should know better!

Khushi (scoffs):  I could not believe my eyes. (Showing picture on her iPhone) I even took picture of her kissing Rohan, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  I thought she was so sweet and innocent.  I looked up to her and loved her like my own sister.  And here's the kicker.  She called me a ****.  A woman who uses her charm to entice rich, married men.

Madhu (furious):  What a ****!  I can't believe that you kept silent for this woman's happiness.  Uggh!  She deserves no consideration.  Are you going to tell Arnav?  He needs to know that his precious Di is not worth all the sacrifices that he has made on her behalf.  I mean...bloody hell...he married you to protect this witch's marriage!

Khushi (sadly):  I don't know Madhu.  It's really not my business to interfere and tell Arnav about his Di.  I don't think he can handle knowing...her true face.  And...well...I don't...

Madhu:  You don't want him to get hurt.

Khushi (sighing):  Yes.  I hate him...but I also love him.  Blast it!  She is more than a sister.  She is also like a mother to him.  If he finds out, it will be a huge blow.  He will question everything in his life...I don't know if he'll be able to recover from it.

Madhu (sympathizing):  I know.  Wish there was an easy button to stop the love we have for those blasted men!

Door Rings

Ahh...that must be the boys returning with Tara.  They leave the kitchen to open the door, but Nargis zooms by them.  Ohh...no...Nargis will not let her mistresses take away the pleasure of inviting in the piece of hunks into HER humble abode.  Today...she will NOT let them leave till she has fed them with her own hands.  Watch out boys!  Nargis is on a mission!

Nargis (opens the door with a welcoming smile):  Tara...!  Sweetheart...did you have fun today?

Tara:  Hi maasi!  I had fun...we went to the beach!

Nargis (Stepping aside from the entrance): That's great dear. (To Arnav and RK) Please come in sirs.

Arnav and RK rush in through the door.

Arnav (to Nargis):  Where's Khushi?!?

RK (at the same time):  I need to speak to Madhu!

As soon as the words escape their mouths, they notice their respective wives standing a few feet away.  The girls just raise their brows wondering at their errant husbands' erratic behavior.

The boys quickly cross the foyer and end up in front of Khushi and Madhu.  They open their mouth to speak but are interrupted by a loud, booming voice from the stairs.

What are you doing here?!?