Vitriolic

Arnav turns around and is shocked to see Sheetal. He angrily shoves her hands away and yells at her for her audacity.

Arnav: Sheetal! How dare you?!?

Sheetal: ASR...I was just...

Arnav: Just shut up! I know girls like you...always sticking around and trying to trap a rich man. Well let me tell you! It won't work on me! I am Arnav Singh Raizada and I DON'T fall for such ploys! Now get the hell out and don't come back. You're fired!

Sheetal (in tears): You...looked so sad...so...(gulps) I was just trying to...comfort you.

She sobs loudly and runs out of his office. Arnav closes his eyes and takes a deep breath to calm down his anger. Against his will, he remembers similar words he has often thrown at Khushi. Each and every single time he hurled those hateful words at her, how her eyes reflected the deep wounds he inflicted. He still remembers clear as day, their last encounter, the day of their wedding. Correction. The day they would have gotten married.

Flashback

Arnav: Your mother is a gold digging slut and she ruined my parents' marriage. You are JUST like her! A gold digging slut...! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Khushi (in tears): Arnavji...what are you saying? And my amma didn't do anything... Your dadi is wrong. How can you believe such a vicious...lie? And I thought you...you...you...said you...trusted me?

Arnav: Please...it's a mistake to trust a gold digging slut. This was all a game by you and your mother to trap a rich a husband. (Sneers) Well...let me tell you...you've failed in your task. I am NOT marrying you!

Khushi (sobbing): Arnavji...did...did...last night not mean anything to...you?

Arnav: Not a damn thing. You don't mean a damn thing to me Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Flashback ends

Arnav turns around at the unusual noise coming from downstairs. All of his employees are gossiping amongst each other. His sharp ears pick up on the buzz.

Employee 3 (to the group surrounding him): Did you all hear ASR? He is familiar with gold diggers, eh? Bet his ex-wife was one. Did you know she used to work for AR Company?

Arnav's blood boils upon hearing those hateful words. He opens the window and thunders at all present below.

Arnav: BE QUIET!

All the employees jump at Arnav's bellow. They stand still, quaking in their shoes, and wonders who will be the unlucky fellow to get the axe. Arnav turns to glare at the offending gossiper.

Arnav: YOU! (Pointing at the Employee 3) You're fired! Now get the hell out of my office! The rest of you get back to work! I don't pay you to gossip! MOVE!

Arnav slams the window shut. Stalks over to his chair and slumps down. With his head spinning, and his heart yearning and bleeding for his Khushi.