Changed Tides

Arnav leads Khushi to his private study and as she sways past him he looks at her feminine form appreciatively. His eyes drinking in his fill like he has been parched for 5 long years. How is it possible for her to be even more beautiful than before? Her luminous porcelain skin and that thick lustrous hair, she is far too beautiful for his peace of mind. And that dress? Damn! She looks good enough to eat and he is starving! His Khushi and fashion? Never in a million years did he think it was possible! Damn! But he just wants to peel that dress off her with his teeth and make love right then and there.

As Arnav keeps staring at Khushi, slight smile on his face, she turns around to face him. She takes out the divorce paper from her purse, sets her purse on the desk and stares at his dazed expression. She slightly raises her eyebrows at him.

Arnav (snapping out of it): Khushi...it's so good...

Khushi (interrupts him and hands him the divorce papers): I want a divorce. Here sign this and then we'll be done...forever.

Arnav (shocked): What the!

Khushi: Ohh...do expand your vocabulary Arnav. Just sign the damn paper!

Arnav (slightly raises his brow): Arnav? So I am no longer Arnavji?

Khushi (shrugs her shoulders): Ji is added as a sign of respect. That does NOT apply to YOU. I have none for you Mr. Raizada.

Arnav (annoyed with her answer): Why now? Why after 5 years you show up asking for a divorce?

Arnav slightly thinks, is there another man in her life? And she wants to move on with him? What the...! No way in hell am I letting that happen! She's mine and mine only!

Khushi: Ohh come on Arnav. Don't you want to be free from your gold digging wife? (Mocking) What would the world think that the Great Arnav Singh Raizada is still married to a gold-digging whore? Tsk...tsk...one who was after HIS OWN brother-in-law.

Arnav (livid): Shut up! Just shut up...Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada!

Khushi: Just Khushi Kumari Gupta, Mr. Raizada. And the truth hurts. Perhaps you've forgotten, so let me remind you of our original contract. Yes...contract. Did you forget that ours is a contracted marriage of only 6 months? Well...I've fulfilled my end of the bargain. So let's just end this sham of a marriage.

Arnav: Ohh...yeah? And what about your love for each other? I was ready to marry you and complete the wedding the dammit!

Khushi (sarcastic): Yes...you were doing me such a huge favor Mr. Raizada. Remarrying a poor, middle class girl out of familial pressure. And don't you DARE bring up love! What is love without trust? Huh? You NEVER trusted me. You blamed for EVERY SINGLE thing that went wrong. You left ME for a misunderstand that occurred 20 years ago! I had NOTHING to do with it, yet I was still punished. I was nothing but a plaything for you. Once used, just discard! So please...do us both a favor. Don't talk about love. It's a mockery to hear that sacred word out of your mouth.

Arnav (gritted his teeth in anger): How dare you?!? How dare you say this to me Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada?!?

Khushi: Again? It's Khushi Kumari Gupta. (Sarcastically) Ohh dear...shame on me. How dare I speak to the GREAT Arnav Singh Raizada in that manner? Who am I but just a shameless, middle-class gold digger?

Arnav: Shut up Khushi!

Khushi: I don't know why you are being so difficult Arnav. Just divorce me. And if you really like your current marital status, marry the first nubile girl who throws herself at you. I am sure there are plenty of them milling about.

Arnav: You jealous Khushi?

Khushi: Not at all. I pity the poor girl, whoever may end up with you. Poor dear would have to constantly put up with your anger and your famous line, what the.

Arnav: Shut up Khushi!

Khushi: I will...just as soon as you sign the divorce paper. Don't worry...I prepared it myself. Ohh...wait you don't trust me. Hmm...maybe you should have it looked over by Mr. Roy. Just to make sure this gold digger doesn't rip you off your properties.

Arnav (ignored her last comment): YOU prepared the document yourself?

Khushi: Yes...Mr. Raizada. I am a lawyer. I know...it's hard to believe that this brainless female actually managed to graduate top of class.

Arnav: Dammit! I never said you were brainless!

Khushi: Arnav...if I counted the number of times that you said I lack a brain, we'd be here all day long. And even then we won't be done counting. Anyway...let's just move on with our lives and end this sham of a marriage amicably.

Arnav throws the paper on the floor in a rage. He stalks over to Khushi and grabs her shoulders.

Arnav: I am NOT signing any divorce papers. Do you get that?!? I WON'T LET YOU BE ANYONE ELSE'S!

He grabs her head and roughly pulls her in for a kiss. Arnav bites down on the lips and as she gasps in pleasure and pain, he thrusts his tongue inside her mouth. They kiss and moan into each other's mouth. Their tongues twisting and twirling and mating with each in a rhythm as old as time. Arnav's fingers runs through Khushi's glorious tresses. Khushi grabs holds of his shoulders, lifts herself up and wraps her legs around his waist. They continue to kiss as her hands play with the hair on his nape. After a few minutes, they break off to get fresh air. Arnav gently slides Khushi down till she is on her feet. He holds on to her tight till she gains her equilibrium.

Arnav (touching her swollen, thoroughly kissed lips, whispers): You can't tell me that you didn't feel anything.

Khushi steps away from him and turns around. She sets about to fix her clothes and hair. Taking a deep breath, she grabs her purse from the desk and turns around.

Khushi (reigning in her unshed tears): What just happened...well...it doesn't...it doesn't mean a damn thing. See you in court Mr. Raizada.