Common Enemy

Arnav (recovering):  Princess...we don't boss...

RK (defending):  Exactly!  We just simply give a nudge in the right direction...for their own good.

Tara (irritated by the interruption):  Daddy...Superstar...you boss.  Only Tara is allowed to boss.  OK?  Mama and Mima are smart girls.  So no bossing, ok?

Arnav:  We'll try baby.

RK:  No promises kiddo.

Tara now bites her fingernails as she tries to think of other ideas to impart on her clueless daddies.  Arnav quite enjoys looking at his baby girl.  She looks just Khushi when she gets worried.

Tara (thinking out loud):  Mama and Mima...love food.  (Liking the idea) Yes...daddy...Superstar...take them out to eat!

Arnav (muttered):  Khushi will probably eat the whole restaurant out.

RK (muttered):  Madhu will probably go to the kitchen herself to make sure the food is prepared properly.

Tara crosses her arms over her chest, looking quite a bit like her daddy, and glares at the men.  How dare they mock her suggestions?  They have inadvertently hurt her feelings.

Tara (pouting and tears in her eyes):  Meanos!  You're making fun of me.  I'll tell Mama and Mima...they'll yell at you.

Arnav (panics):  No...no baby...Daddy is not making fun of you!  You're my princess...your idea is brilliant baby!  Daddy will definitely take Mama out for dinner.

RK (explains):  Little Star...your Superstar would NEVER make fun of you.  (Holding his throat) Pakka wala promise.  What other brilliant ideas do you have in that little brain of yours?

Tara (mollified):  House of Hope.

Arnav and RK:  Huh?!?

Tara:  Mama and Mima love House of Hope.  They are smart girls and want ALL other girls to be strong and smart.  To not get hurt, or let anyone hurt them.  Important to Mama and especially Mima.  Cuz it was set up to help girls like Trishna massi.  Trishna massi gone...bad people took her away from us.  Show interest in House of Hope. (Nodding her head) Help Mama and Mima make them smart, strong girls.  So no one can hurt them.

Arnav and RK are once again shocked by this little girl.  They understand now that she's talking about a battered women's shelter.  She is just a child yet already understands the importance of helping others.  Especially women, or girls as Tara puts it, to be strong on their own two feet.  They hearts swell with pride for their wives and the munchkin.

RK (leans down and hugs Tara):  Sweetie...that's a brilliant idea.  Love you baby girl.

Arnav (picks Tara up in his arms and kisses her cheeks):  Sweetheart...I am the luckiest father to the smartest little girl...EVER.  Love you baby girl.

Tara (squirms down Arnav's arms and giggles):  Thank you...I know...I am a smart girl.  Big girl too.  (Holding up all 4 fingers proudly)  I am 4!

Arnav (laughs):  Yes...baby you're a big girl.  But just remember...no matter how old you are...

RK (finishing Arnav's sentence):  You'll always be our little girl.  Now any other brilliant ideas missy?

Tara, completely exasperated, throws her hands up in the air.

Tara:  Superstar...I can understand daddy needing help...

Arnav (interrupts):  What the...!

Tara (continuing):  But you filmy...do filmy things to win Mima.  Tell daddy ideas too to win Mama.