Foiled!

Khushi: Ohh...you know damn well why I didn't tell him! He doesn't know I am married...to YOU! And I am keeping it that way.

Arnav unfolds his hands and closes in on Khushi till they are just a hairbreadth away from each other.

Arnav (leans down and whispers): Then you have nothing to worry about. (Normal voice) We can work together and no one will know a thing. So what's the problem?

Khushi (furiously): I know! It goes against MY standard. Against the ethical standard that I hold MYSELF up to. I am not going to let YOU manipulate me into working with you. Sorry MR. RAIZADA but that's not happening!

Arnav: Well...MRS. RAIZADA, I only see two options for you. Option 1. YOU work with me on this merger deal. Take me on as a client. Or Option 2. Disclose to the firm YOUR PERSONAL reason for not wanting to COOPERATE and offer me your legal assistance. Choice is yours. I myself prefer that you go with Option 1.

Khushi: Cut the bullshit Arnav! I do have some...no... quite a bit of weight and power in this firm as a junior partner. Just because I DON'T want the firm to know about my personal business and my iffy marital status does NOT mean that you can blackmail me. If it's necessary, then I WILL disclose.

Arnav (shrugging his shoulders): Sure...if you want to be under scrutiny. I wonder how they would feel that you've withheld this information from them, what else can you be hiding? And imagine how the firm would feel that because of you, they lost one of their biggest clients.

Khushi is itching to slap Arnav. How dare he threaten her?!? How dare he use the knowledge how important the firm is against her?

Damn him! I can't stand to see the firm suffer any losses or lose a client due. Arnav Singh Raizada you are not taking away my hard-earned respect. Khushi think! There's an option 3, you just need to find it! You're a good lawyer. Don't fall into his trap.

Khushi: You're so damned full of yourself! Do you honestly think I am scared of that threat? And how did you know I am with this firm?!?

Arnav: I am Arnav Singh Raizada, finding information is easy for me. (After a small pause) And you dropped your business card in my study...when you opened your purse.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! How could I be so careless?

Khushi (sarcastic): So you came up with your brilliant plan to try to corner me.

Arnav: I am Arnav Singh Raizada. I have a clever mind, so of course it's a brilliant plan.

Khushi just rolls her eyes at him. He's so arrogant!

Arnav: Now shall we go out to lunch? Business lunch. To discuss the merger (smirk).

Khushi opens her mouth to protest but she notices Madhu leaving her office for lunch. Madhu looks over at Khushi's office and on seeing the desperate look in her eyes, interrupts Arnav and Khushi.

Madhu (walking into Khushi's office): Khushi...I see we have a new client.

Arnav (turns around in anger and faces Madhu): THIS is a private meeting.

Madhu: Ahh...you must be Arnav Singh Raizada. Khushi's sorry ass of a husband who abandoned her. (Holds her hand out to Arnav) Can't say it's a pleasure to meet you.

Arnav (furious and refuses to shake Madhu's hand): What the...! Who the hell are you?

Madhu: Madhubala Malik. I am Khushi's partner in crime, best friend and sister.

Khushi: Madhu...Arnav insists that I take him on as a client.

Madhu: Ahh...so he wants OUR legal expertise.

Arnav: Just Khushi's.

Madhu: Mr. Raizada...we handle cases together. We are partner in crime. We are like Bonnie and Clyde. Bunty and Bubli. Sonny and Cher. You get my drift don't you Mr. Harvard graduate?

Khushi (stifling laughter): Madhu. Mr. Raizada wants to go out for lunch to discuss the details of the merger.

Arnav (sputtering): What the...! Khushi...the lunch...it's for you...and me.

Khushi (slyly): But Mr. Raizada...you said yourself that it's a business lunch. Since Madhu is going to be part of YOUR legal team for the merger, she should join us. Don't you think?

Arnav: Damn it Khushi!

Madhu: Don't worry Mr. Raizada. As tempting as it may be to screw you over, we are professionals. Now let's go to lunch. I am famished!

Khushi silently thanks Madhu with her eyes. The three of them leave the office and go downstairs. Arnav is now in a rather foul mood. His alone time with Khushi just has been spoiled. Madhu and Khushi are doing their best to not dissolve into laughter. After all, it's not every day that you get to beat the great Arnav Singh Raizada at his game.

Arnav's car is brought around to the front. He opens up the passenger seat and indicates Khushi to take a seat.

Khushi (looking at the watch and exclaims): Can't believe I forgot! I actually have a deposition hearing in half an hour. I am afraid I will have to bail out on this lunch. Mr. Raizada fill Madhu in on the details and she and I will discuss with you at another time.

Arnav: What the...! Khushi!

Just then Khushi's silver Mercedes M-Class is brought around. She waves at Arnav and Madhu and drives away.

Madhu (smiling at Arnav): Well it's just you and I Mr. Shaatir Dimaag. Now I can get to interroga...I mean we can discuss the details of the merger. I hope you're ready.

Arnav sighs in frustration and holds open the door for Madhu as she gets in.

Driver of a white Ferrari, witnessing only the last few seconds of the interaction, stares in anger. Madhu smiling and getting in the car with a supposed strange MAN.

Thanks for reading and please comment!