Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 97

711 25 3
By cliffordpunkrock

Ashton and I headed up to our room after Gracie was tucked in bed and began to change into our pyjamas.

"So can I ask you a question?" Ashton spoke as he took off his shirt.

"Yeah." I sat down on the bed, putting my hair into a ponytail.

"Why did you never go to university?"

I froze.

I knew Ari and Jason we're going to bring this up to Ashton at some point. I thought they were going to do it when we had dinner together for the first time but they hadn't so I had assumed they'd  forgotten.

"I knew Jason was going to tell you." I sighed, dropping my hands in my lap.

"Well why didn't you tell me? Carter that's freaking amazing!"

He grinned at me, obviously excited.

"It's not nice to brag." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes.

"Carter, come on. This is something to be proud of. Baby, that's incredible. CIT, Oxford, Stanford; those are the top three schools in the world!" He exclaimed, still very happy.

"I know that." I told him before crossing my legs up on the bed.

"Why didn't you go to Oxford?" He asked me, looking at me in disbelief.

"Because I wanted to stay here with Ender and run the business like I was supposed to do."

"So you can go on tour with me but you couldn't go to Oxford, one of the top three colleges on the planet?" He emphasised his words to make his point.

"Well at the time I would've gone I wasn't engaged nor did I have a four year old daughter." I gave him a pointed look.

"Exactly." He said. "Baby you are smart, you're really freaking smart, and I think you need to
do something with that. Follow your dreams."

"Dreams change, Ashton." I folded my arms across my stomach.

He crossed the room and came over to sit on the bed before pulling me into his lap.

"Tell me about your dreams." He murmured and I looked up at him before sighing.

"Well, when I was five I wanted to be a princess-" I began and he flicked my ear causing me to smirk.

"Smart ass." He rolled his eyes and I kissed his jaw. "Now tell me."

"Well until my parents died I wanted to go off to university, I didn't really have any destination in mind, but once they died I wanted to stay here, I had to stay here." I said and he nodded.

"And now?"

"Now it's that I want to get married to you, and work the business, have babies, and grow old with you." I leaned my head back against his shoulder.

"I like that plan." He moved his head to kiss me.

I kissed him back before sliding out of his grip to change into my own pyjamas.

"But in all seriousness, I'm really proud of you Carter. Not a lot of people accomplish something like that." He said to me and I felt my cheeks heat up in a bashful blush.

"Thank you." I murmured.

He was being really sweet about this even after I hadn't told him, and I decided to throw him a bone.

"Ari's mom made me this book of all of my awards and gave it to me for graduation if you want to see it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'd love to." He sat up grinning and I went over to get the black book from my desk and handed it to him.

"You won the Beazly Medal, the Endeavour Award, the Science, Engineering and Technology Student of the Year Award, the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence, Australian Student Prize- holy crap Carter!" Ashton read down the list. "What's your IQ?"

"I'm not telling you my IQ." I shook my head.

He pulled out his phone and typed something in.

"It says the average IQ is 90-110." He read.

"I'm not telling you." I sang as I pulled on some sleep shorts.

"Carter!" He whined, standing up from the bed.

"No."

"Please?" He continued to whine and I looked up to see him giving me the puppy dog look.

"Ashton." I sighed.

"Why won't you tell me?" He asked.

"Because it's embarrassing!"

"It's embarrassing to be smart?"

"I don't like making other people feel bad." I said, my shoulders dropping.

"You're not going to make me feel bad, baby. I just want to celebrate you because I'm really proud of you. This is amazing. Academics may not be my world but it's yours, and I don't want you to be embarrassed to be yourself around me."

I bit my lip.

"165." I finally answered and Ashton looked back at his phone, typed something into it and scrolled for a minute before his eyes widened and he looked up at me.

"Carter you're a genius!" His mouth gaped open in shock. "That's five points higher than Einsteins IQ!"

"Yeah." I shifted awkwardly.

"Holy shit!" He jumped up before crossing the room to pull me into his embrace. "Oh my God, I'm so freaking proud of you! That's incredible!"

"Thank you." I laughed and hugged him back.

He moved down to press several kisses to my lips.

"Wow!" He kissed me again.

"Okay the highest is 220 so it's not that great."

"That's still pretty freaking great." He hugged me again.

"Baby that's so amazing. I really am so proud of you." He squeezed my shoulders.

"Thank you." I smiled, kind of enjoying the praise I was receiving.

When he let me go I went to go lay down on the bed while he put the book back on the desk.

"I hope our kids get your brain genes." Ashton said and I snorted.

"Brain genes?"

"Yeah. Like I hope they inherit their intelligence from you."

"But you're smart, just in a different way. I may be book smart but when it comes to anything musical I'm clueless. I get so lost when you talk to the boys about anything music related, and so I hope they inherit that talent from you." I smiled up at him.

"You're sweet." He smiled at me.

"But I'm being serious. Being smart isn't everything."

"Well you're smart and you're everything to me, so I'll have to disagree with you there." He said smirking.

"You're such a dork!" I exclaimed, falling back on the bed.

"Oh yeah?!" He teased and jogged over and jumped onto the bed but instead of him going over to mess with me the bed snapped beneath us and we both went tumbling to the floor.

A squeak left my lips as this happened and Ashton flung out an arm in attempt to catch me but it happened so fast and we both hit the blue rug.

"Ow." I rubbed my arm where I landed and sat up alongside Ashton, looking to see our bed lopsided.

"Ashton you broke our bed!"

"It's not broken, it's just needs to be put back in the slot." He moved forward and then sat back.

"Okay yeah it's broken."

The two of us burst into laughter at the circumstance and I went to get the toolbox from downstairs and when I came back up he had his computer out.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down next to him.

"I'm going to do a live stream." He said.

"A live stream?"

"Yeah, it's like a live video so the fans can watch us."

I nodded silently.

'Carter and I are doing a twit cam
in a few if you guys want to tune in!' Ashton tweeted while he set it up on his laptop.

"I still don't understand why you're doing this." I said while I sat beside our broken bed.

"It's fun, plus it gives the fans a chance to see us in our natural habitat." He explained while he typed.

"Natural habitat? We're not animals." I laughed.

"Shut up." He chuckled.

I messed with the broken board, trying to get it back into the slot while Ashton typed for another minute.

"Are we on? Are we working?" He asked. "Can someone tweet me and let me know if this thing is on?"

I listened to him while I realised the screw had popped out and tried to screw it back in.

"Yay we're on! Hi everyone!" He said cheerfully. "So I'm here with Carter who's right there, doing something I don't know."

"I'm fixing it." I said like it was obvious and he started laughing.

"So we broke our bed." He continued to laugh. "It just like snapped and we fell off, it was pretty funny."

"Help me fix it." I whined.

"I'm not good with tools."

"You told me you were!"

"I'm good with a certain tool, which you should know better than anyone." He said suggestively and I hit his arm.

"Stop talking." I giggled, embarrassed at his mention of having sex with me.

He chuckled before setting down the laptop so it was facing us and he joined me, laying down on the floor.

"Shine the flashlight right there." I pointed and he used his phone to hold it there while I screwed the screw back in.

"Okay that should be good." I said, pushing and pulling on the board to make sure it was sturdy.

We moved out from under the bed and he moved the laptop so it was back in front of him and then reached over to pull me to his side.

"So this is Carter, if you don't know, she's my fiancé." He put his arm around my shoulders to pull me even closer. "And I'm probably going to embarrass her a lot in this thing."

"Oh great." I chuckled and he grinned down at me.

He kissed my forehead causing me to blush before looking back at the laptop.

"How did you break your bed?" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where did you get the question from?"

"There on the screen." He pointed but I could only see ourselves.

"Where?"

"They're right there." He took my hand and pointed to the screen where I saw the column of tweets.

"Oh." I said and he laughed.

"So how did we break our bed? Uh, it wasn't anything sexual, surprisingly. I mean I always thought that would be the reason we broke the bed." He began and I widened my eyes.

"Why did you say that?" I smacked his arm.

"What?" His voice raised an octave. "I said that wasn't how we broke it."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him.

"Tell them the real reason. And to correct, you broke the bed, I was the innocent bystander."

"Why don't we leave the bed a mystery on how it broke?" He laughed and I could tell he was getting embarrassed.

"Oh no, I think we should share. So I was already laying in bed, and this loser decided he was going to jump onto the bed and when he did it broke and we fell off." I said and his cheeks flared. "My fiancé is literally a twelve year old."

"Shut up." He laughed before placing his hands on my sides and starting to tickle me before I could stop him.

"No no no no no!" I squealed, trying to move away from him but he held me tightly.

"Okay I'm sorry sorry!" I gasped for breath and he stopped tickling me, keeping his hands on my sides.

"That's what I thought." He nodded in satisfaction.

Suddenly my bedroom door was flung open and an annoyed looking Ender stood in the doorway.

"Can you two please shut up, I'm trying to sleep." He grouched at us.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"What are you even doing?" He walked over to us.

"We're doing a twit cam." Ashton smiled.

"A twit cam?" He asked and we nodded. "Whatever, just keep it down."

He closed our door on the way out and I laughed.

"We just got sassed by an eleven year old."

"Better than getting sassed by our four year old." Ashton remarked and I rolled my eyes again.

Ashton leaned forward and began to read the tweets on the side of the screen.

"What is the purpose of this twit cam? Are you making an announcement?" He read aloud. "Uh no we are not making an announcement, we are just hyper right now and I thought it would be fun, there's really no purpose. Unless you want there to be a purpose I don't know. You can like send us questions and stuff and we'll answer."

I began to wonder what people would want to know about us.

"But while you send in questions I'll give you a tour of our room." He said and stood up, taking the laptop with him.

I followed and moved to the bed, sitting down.

"So as you have seen, this is our broken bed that is no longer broken." He angled the screen so you could see. "Then this is the desk." He moved over to show them. "And here is the closet, that is really empty at the moment. And here's one of Carters thongs that she left on the floor." He picked up the black lacy garment before trying to put it over the top of his head.

"Ashton!" I exclaimed and he just laughed as he continued to walk around the room with my panties on his head.

"Then this is Gracie's toy chest, and our dresser. And then this is our nightstand." He opened the drawer and closed it quickly. "Uh and yeah, this is mine and Carters bedroom, where we sleep and do other things."

"Ashton!" I exclaimed again causing him to snicker.

He came over to the bed and set the laptop in my lap before climbing over to his side and then moving it so it was on both of our legs. I yanked my thong off his head and threw it back down on the floor, Ashton giggling.

"Alright, let's answer some questions." He said and began to scan the tweets until he found one.

"Why is your closet so empty, it looks like no one lives there? Well, the reason it's so empty is because Carter and the kids are coming on tour with me and the guys, so right now almost all of our stuff is in suitcases downstairs." He responded. "Why don't you pick a question." He nudged my cheek with his nose.

"Okay." I said and began to read. "When are you and Ashton getting married?" I laughed. "Well we haven't set a date yet, but it's going to happen sometime in the near future." I smiled up at Ashton.

He giggled before choosing another question while I leaned over into him, turning on my side so I could rest my head on his chest.

"I feel so bad for Carter, she has to deal with Ashton's weirdness 24/7." Ashton read and then made a face as I busted into laughter.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm actually thinking of starting a support group." I joked and Ashton reached down to flick my ear.

"Brat."

"You love me, shut up." I looked up at him with a smile.

"Yeah I do." He chuckled before leaning down to kiss me to which I blushed.

"Uh more questions." I laughed awkwardly after we broke the kiss and he sent me a wink.

"Okay, someone wants you to show them your rings." He read.

"Alright." I moved my right hand in front of the screen. "So this is the promise ring Ashton gave me the first time he told me he loved me which was super sweet." I switched to my left hand. "This is my engagement ring, and that is the ring I got for Mother's Day." I pointed to the fingers.

"And then I have a ring," Ashton held up his hand, "And on the inside is an engraving with our initials and her promise ring has the same thing."

"Mhmm." I continued to smile.

"Okay let's answer some more." Ashton put his arm around my shoulders. "Uh, if we could describe each other in one word, what would it be?"

"Um...I would say amazing." I decided with a smile.

"And I would say incredible." He squeezed my shoulders. "Alright next one is, Carter what do you love most about Ashton?"

"I love how genuinely caring he is and how he is such a sweet fiancé to me and an amazing dad for Ender and Gracie. I don't know, I love everything about him." I answered.

"Aww." Ashton cooed and leaned down to give me several more kisses on my face. "You're sweet."

I just batted my eyelashes at him angelically.

We went back to looking at the computer screen and Ashton looked for another question.

"Oh this ones interesting. My boyfriend and I are thinking about breaking up. He says he wants to give us another chance but he wants to wait a few months before we try us again. I really just want to either be with him or not be with him at all but I don't know how to end a relationship. Do you have any advice?"

"Oh gosh that sucks, I'm so sorry." I frowned. "But my advice would probably be that, in a relationship if you really want things to work out with the person, you will do everything you can to make it work. You deserve to be with someone who can't stand a day without you, let alone a few months. I know you really like him, but you need to put yourself first."

"I agree." Ashton said. "And as for ending it, be honest about why it's ending and just do what feels right. Breakups suck but if it's what's best for you both then you have to do what you have to do, because eventually you'll find that person of your dreams and you'll wonder why you spent so much time with people who weren't right for you instead of being with the person you're supposed to be with forever."

I knew the context behind what he was saying, and tilted my chin up to smile at him while he smiled at me and then kissed me.

"Look at us, giving relationship advice. We're that couple." Ashton said cheekily.

"Yeah." I laughed as we high-fived.

My phone went off next to me while Ashton continued to look at questions and I leaned over to get it.

It was a text from Ari.

'Jason and I are watching the twit cam, you and Ashton are adorable!!!'

I showed my phone to Ashton and he read the text.

"Aw." He chuckled with a grin.

'Thank you. We love you both!" I texted her back and then leaned into Ashton again.

His fingers came up to play with my hair while we looked.

"Oh here's one. Does Carter have any musical abilities?"

"That would be a no." I laughed.

"You can sing!" Ashton exclaimed.

"No I cannot."

"She can sing, she just won't admit it."

"Nope, nope." I shook my head.

He snorted a laugh.

"Oh wait I wanna show them something." Ashton jumped out of the bed, leaving me with the laptop.

"Wait what do I do?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Just talk to them."

"I don't know what to say." I whined. Looking back at the computer I pouted. "I'm so awkward, oh my God."

Ashton giggled.

"Okay so I'm going to narrate what Ashton's doing because I don't know what to do. So right now he's standing by the closet." I commented. Ashton shot me a grin before he went to take off his shirt.

"Wait why are you getting naked? What are you doing?" I widened my eyes even more. "He's literally taking off his clothes I don't..." I trailed off as I watched him stop before taking off his boxers.

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was hot."

"Then turn on the fan don't get naked."

"I'm not naked I still have boxers on." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"This is literally what I live with every day." I turned the laptop around so they could see Ashton who started laughing.

I turned the laptop back around as he grabbed something from the desk and then came back to the bed.

"What did you get?" I asked him as he climbed over me and I smacked his butt causing him to burst into giggles.

He got situated again, having me sit halfway on his lap and I saw something I hadn't seen in a while.

"So Carter got me this memory book for Christmas, and when she gave it to me she had like the receipt from when we went diving, and the movie ticket from when I took her and Ender to the movies for the first time, and it was really sweet. So over the past months I have been putting things in it and it is now filled up, but I wanted to show you guys my favourite memory that's in here."

I looked up at him in awe, my eyes a bit misty and he just smiled, kissed me, then began to flip through the pages until he reached one towards the middle.

"This is a photo that I took of Carter and the kids when we went to the zoo. It was like our first family outing, and it was a really good day, but it's one of my favourites because that was the day that I realised we really were a family." He showed the picture to the screen and I bit my lip.

"Aw." I sniffled. "I forgot about the memory book."

"Well I took it with me everywhere." He smiled and I fanned at my eyes for a second. "Don't cry, baby." He laughed.

"I'm not I'm just happy." I giggled and pressed my face against his bare chest, Ashton bringing around a hand to lightly pat my cheek.

"Read more questions." I sniffled and he chuckled before going back to scroll through the tweets.

"Okay what is Carters favourite food? She says its carrots but I say it's anything with chicken." He said and I laughed.

"That's probably true."

"Is Carter okay? Yes she's fine, just sometimes my awesomeness amazes her and-" He began and I sat back, shoving his chest lightly.

"Whatever."

He laughed before turning me around again so I was facing the camera.

"You two are literally couple goals, why are you so cute?" Ashton read and we both laughed. "Well thank you. I think we're pretty cute. I mean she's definitely cuter than me but..."

I giggled.

"Where's Gracie and was that your brother that walked into the room? Gracie is downstairs asleep and yes that was Carters younger brother Ender who walked in and told us to shut up."

We laughed for a minute.

"I'm like craving salad right now." I said randomly.

"Said no one ever." Ashton chuckled.

"Come on." I tugged on his arm.

"Now I have to get dressed." He pouted and I rolled my eyes.

We got out of the bed and he set down his laptop while he pulled on his basket ball shorts and tee shirt while I put on my slippers and then we headed out into the dark house.

"So I would show you our house but it's kind of dark coz all the lights are off." He commented as we walked down the stairs into the kitchen where I turned on that light.

"Oh you can see better now." He shrugged. "So I'll give you the grand tour while Carter is making her salad at freaking midnight."

He began at the laundry room. "So this is where we wash our clothes and then over this way is the dining room where you can see all of our suitcases and stuff that needs to be packed." He moved to the living room. "Then this is the living room and there is Gracie sleeping." He angled the laptop so you could see her. "And then this is the kitchen. Here's a stack of bills that have my name on them because now that I own the house I get to pay bills. Yay."

I snorted.

"Look, Ashton Irwin and Halle Chase, isn't that cute we have our names on the envelope." He chuckled and I just smiled at him while I made my salad.

"Oh and my mom gave us this sign up here that says Irwin house established 2015, which was super sweet of her." He showed them the sign Ann gave me for Mother's Day. "My mom seriously loves Carter more than me, like she's so excited we're getting married you have no idea."

"She's so sweet." I laughed and finished up my salad.

We headed back upstairs and Ashton turned on the ceiling fan in our room before we got settled back on the bed and I took a bite out of my salad.

"You're so freaking weird." Ashton shook his head.

"Yeah, well, you're marrying this weird so." I shrugged, taking another bite.

"That's true. Should've thought of that before I proposed." He shrugged like a dork.

"Can't back out now Irwin." I smiled up at him and he laughed before reaching into my salad bowl and stealing one of my carrots.

"Hey!" I smacked his hand.

"What?" He asked with wide eyes as I hit his hand again. "I'm hungry too."

"You're the one who was making fun of me for having salad at midnight."

"Yes, and I thought that since you are I might as well take advantage of the opportunity to have a snack."

"Oh my God." I rolled my eyes, going to read the tweets.

"Haha they're all telling you to leave me alone." I pointed at the computer screen.

"See she doesn't get to be left alone now, when you're engaged and almost married that's no longer an option." He moved his arms so they were wound around my waist.

"Great." I rolled my eyes playfully before kissing the tip of his nose.

Ashton answered questions about the band while I ate my salad and took a drink of Ashton's water once I was done.

"I'm going back down stairs, do you need anything?"

"I'm good." He smiled and let me go so I could take my bowl downstairs.

I heard noises once I left our room and furrowed my eyebrows as I walked down the stairs only to find Gracie sitting in the middle of the living room with her dolls and tea set.

"Gracie." I frowned and gave her my "Mommy" look as she turned around with wide eyes.

"You know you're not supposed to start playing with your toys if you wake up." I said and she poked out her bottom lip.

I took my bowl over to the sink to wash it out and then went back over to her, picking her up and grabbing her bunny before walking back up the stairs.

I opened the door and Ashton was talking, stopping when he heard the noise and looked over at us and smiled.

"Hey Gray! What are you doing up?" He grinned.

"Someone was playing tea party with their dolls when I went downstairs." I said as I walked over to the bed.

"Gracie, you know you're not supposed to play with your toys when you wake up at night." He told her and she nodded. "Come here, come see Daddy." He reached out his arms and I placed her in them.

He set her down on the bed so he could move the laptop then brought her into his lap.

I slid in next to them and Gracie looked over at me so I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Are you watching movie?" She asked as she pointed to our laptop and Ashton laughed.

"No we are doing a twit cam, so right now there's a lot of people watching us." He told her and she looked up at him.

"Me too?"

"Yeah, they can see you too." He smiled and she clapped her hands together as she gasped happily.

"Do you want to say hi?" I asked her and she nodded before waving her hand at the computer.

"So this is Gracie." Ashton introduced her. "Ands she's mine and Carters four year old daughter." He moved some of her hair out of her face.

"She's our baby." I smiled as I touched her cheek and she began to giggle.

"I'm not baby Mommy." She laughed.

"You're my baby." I kissed her cheek.

"Mhmm. You're our baby." Ashton leaned in as well to kiss her other cheek.

"I baby in tummy." She patted my stomach with her hand which she seemed to like to do since she did it all the time and Ashton and I both laughed.

"She's obsessed with that." I shook my head at Ashton with a little smile on my lips.

Gracie moved over into my lap and put her arms around my neck signalling she wanted to be held.

"Can I show them my princess dresses?" She asked as she settled into my lap.

"No it's late baby, I need to get you back to bed. But maybe some other time." I smoothed my hand across her cheek and she nodded.

"I sleep with you." She looked up at me.

"You wanna sleep in here? Okay then." I said and Ashton chuckled.

"Aw, Gracie, someone wants to know who your favourite Disney princess is." Ashton said and I smiled.

"Tell them who it is." I nudged her.

"Anna." She said.

"You love Frozen, don't you baby?" I played with her hair and she nodded.

She reached over and hit Ashton's hand with hers, something she did when she wanted to hold his hand.

"You want to hold hands?" He asked her and she smiled up at him.

"I hold Mommy's hand too." She cheekily grinned at him and took my hand as well.

"Aw, thank you sweet girl." I smiled.

"Hey Gray, why don't you tell everyone what you did today." Ashton encouraged her.

"Relax." She said as she moved around and we laughed.

"Yeah, did you relax with Mommy and Aunt Ari? How did you relax?"

"We paint nails and do hair." She smiled up at him.

"Yeah and what else did you do?"

"Play!" She bounced on the bed still holding our hands.

"Play time is your favourite time." I tickled her little tummy.

"And breakfast."

"Can't forget breakfast." Ashton chuckled and I joined in.

Ashton looked back at the computer to answer more questions.

"Gracie someone said you look very cute." He told her.

"Who?" She began to look around the room.

"On the computer." He told her and she giggled.

"Daddy you're silly!"

"I'm silly?" He laughed before kissing her forehead. But apparently Gracie wanted more love like always and reach up her chin, puckering her lips until Ashton leaned down to give her a kiss.

"Mwuah." He made the cute noise as he kissed her to make her smile.

"Mwuah." She gave him a kiss back, copying him and Ashton grinned.

"Aw, I got a goodnight Gracie kiss." He put his arm around her to hug her.

"You give Mommy goodnight kiss too?" She asked him.

"We give each other goodnight kisses every night, just like how we give you goodnight kisses." He explained to her.

"Mommy kiss Daddy go mwuah!" She said and Ashton and I laughed at her.

"Do you want me to give Daddy his goodnight kiss now?" I asked her and she nodded.

I looked over at Ashton who wiggled his eyebrows at me and I giggled before leaning forward and giving him a kiss.

"Again!" Gracie giggled.

I gave Ashton another kiss.

"Again!"

"How many more kisses do you want me to give him?" I laughed.

"All of them!" Her cheeks scrunched up adorably.

"Okay that face! That one right there she looks just like you." Ashton said and I smiled.

"I will give him all the kisses later, I promise." I stroked her cheek and she nodded, turning around in my arms and curling up into me.

As Ashton talked and answered questions I moved so that I was closer to him to keep warm which he started to make fun of me for and I just shook my head and laughed at him while I smoothed my fingers over Gracie's back and played with her hair.

I leaned my head against Ashton's arm and I didn't realise it but my eyes kept fluttering closed.

"Okay, it was nice to talk to you guys, but I gotta get to bed with these two. Bye guys." I heard Ashton say, the movement of his arm moving waking me up and he carefully went to go put his laptop on the desk before getting back in the bed and scooting me down in the blankets.

I opened my eyes to see him give me a smile.

"Goodnight." He tilted his chin to the side to give me a kiss.

"Night baby." I breathed, feeling his arms go around my body to keep me and our daughter protected and warm through the night.

Ashton was amazing, and I was so incredibly in love with him.

--

Yay!! Four more chapters left till the second book!

I have so much planned and I'm so ready for you guys to read what I have so far!

Don't forget to add it to your libraries! It's Haven Harbour: Beyond the Sea and follow me to get updates on it!

I'll have the next part up soon!

Much love xx -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841 70 36
It's summer and all I wanted to do is spend my days at the camp. Except that my cousin - who I haven't even met yet - decided to get married and I wa...
20.8K 514 43
17 year old Rebecca Hayes finds out she's adopted and tryes to find her birth parents. On her little journey she finds out she has a brother who is i...
1.7K 48 13
'It's the worst feeling. You know, having to leave your family behind in a ship being shot down and go off with your best friend to find safety. But...
413 23 21
As far as everyone knows Michael Clifford was an only child. That is until he told the world of his twin sister Mena Clifford who had been hidden awa...