Complicated Love (Divergent P...

Oleh PetersWife

"Promise me you will never leave me," "I promise." But is that a promise someone can make? Especially in a ti... Lebih Banyak

Complicated Love (Divergent Peter Fanfic)
New Start
Who Are You?
Not a chapter BUT VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Friends
You Want Proof?
Truth or Dare
Birthday Girl
Sooner than I Thought
Revenge
One True Love
Aptitude Test
Train Ride to Dauntless
Hello Again
You Promised
Training Starts
Just Like Old Times
He's Not Crazy
I Can't
I'm Sorry
Author's Note
Brought Back to Your Place
Why Can't We Go There
Paintball
Knife Throwing
Let Me Make It Up To You
Boring Author's Note
Is She...
Rankings
Butter Knife
The Blueprints
Stage 2
Change Our Minds
Authors Note
Spiders
Rejection and Affection
Well, Well, Well
She's My Cousin
I'm Ready
Death of my Father
Stage 3
Oh I'm Going to Enjoy This
I Need You Here Part 1
I Need You Here Part 2
I Need You Here Part 3

New feelings

6.7K 137 118
Oleh PetersWife

I do not own most of the characters apart from the ones that you do not meet in the book (Florence, her family and other people later on in the story), all the credit and the main idea of this fanfic goes to the lovely Veronica Roth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I know i haven't written in a while, but i've been very busy with school. Also, i haven't gotten a lot of feedbacks on the story, so i don't know if you guys like it or not. i know it's a slow beginning, but my point is that you know her past before we get into all the fun stuff that happens later on. But please, read, comment and vote!!! Hope you like this chapter, i had a lot of fun writing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With shaking hands, I opened the door. My parents-if you could call them that-were both sitting at the table with my little brother, Edwin.

I slowly made my way to the stairs before my mom-Sofia-called after me.

“Florence, where do you think you’re going?” she demanded.

“To my room to do my homework.” I answered as if nothing had ever happened, as if I was never gone last night.

“No, you are going to sit at the table right now and tell us where on EARTH you were last night!” my dad yelled, slamming his fist on the table.

“Why? Because you didn’t get the pleasure to torture me enough?” I wanted to snap at him, but I knew that if I did, I would probably end up dead, so I kept my mouth shut about that. Though what could I saw to convince them I wasn’t with Peter?

Once I sat down, I got nervous and tried really hard to try to hide it. I started digging my fingernails into my palms, trying to focus on the pain there rather than my nervousness.

“Talk. NOW!” Sebastian ordered, his voice making me wince back.

“I-” I started. What could I say? What could I say? “I don’t know what happened.” More, more! “I fell unconscious last night and then woke up a couple blocks away from school. I’m not sure if I was actually able to walk there or if I was carried.” I hope that that was convincing enough lie, that only if you read my mind you could find out I was lying.

Before I knew it, I was on the ground and my jaw hurt.

I didn’t realize that my dad had hit me until he kicked me in the stomach.

“You’re lying!” another punch in the jaw.

“No! I’m n-“ I got cut off when Sebastian kicked me in the stomach again, except this time ten times harder, causing all the air to leave my lungs, leaving me gasping on the ground.

“You are nothing but a disappointment to this family!” he yelled.

“Why?” I managed to choke out. And that’s when I got my dad’s attention, so I continued. “Why am I such a disappointment? What did I ever do to deserve this?”  Tears were fighting their way out, so I curled into a ball and started to cry. Though I didn’t stay like that for long since my dad grabbed me by my hair and dragged me towards the door.

I yelled at the top of my lungs, hoping someone might hear. I tried to get his hands off my hair but failed miserably.

For a few seconds, it felt like I was flying, until my body slammed into the cement steps and I slowly rolled down each one of them. When I was at the bottom step, I looked up, which was a very bad idea because he was there and he punched me in the face.

And that’s when everything went black.

And I saw Eric kissing my hand the last time I saw him. I was 14 and him 16, three weeks before Choosing Ceremony. He had promised me before that he would come and save me, bring me somewhere safe, and it would just be the two of us. It sounded perfect coming from him. Though he never came back, and I never heard from him again.

His face disappeared and all I saw was black again. I knew I wasn’t dead because I could still feel the cement on my cheek and the pain coursing through my whole body.

I opened my eyes and blinked a couple times. It wasn’t dark yet, but the sun was setting in the distance. I had two options; go back inside and face my dad again or walk away.

Before my mind could register what I was doing, I was already limping away from my house. Ever thump making pain go through me like electricity, making my wounds hurt even more.

A couple minutes later, I saw sitting on the swings where I had my first conversation with Eric. It had felt so good to be with someone who actually listened to me and never once hurt me.

I shut my eyes, trying to block out his face, but it was worse. The back of my eyelids showed his face even clearer now and it made my heart ache.

When I opened my eyes again, tears streamed down my face and my heart was pounding.

I didn’t even notice anyone was there until I heard a voice.

“Florence?”

“Eric?” I thought. My whole body grew warmer with the thought of him coming back for me.

When I turned around, I realized that it wasn’t him but it was Peter. My heart dropped a little but my stomach filled with butterflies. What was this feeling? It seemed strange to me, but in a good way.

And I collapsed onto the ground and my knees gave way underneath me, not being able to hold my weight. My whole body was shaking.

Peter rushed to my side, fast enough to catch me before I hit the ground.

I covered my face in my hands and sobbed into them.

Why was this happening to me? WHY?

“Florence, Florence look at me.” He said in a soft voice as he gently took my hands away from my face and held them both in one of his hand. The other one was wiping away my tears while his leg supported me.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

We both stayed like that, me in his arms, not saying a word. Once I calmed down, he asked, “Now who really did this to you?” each word came out as soft as his previous ones. An urge to kiss him ran through me but I pushed it away and focused on his eyes instead. But it wasn’t enough. I couldn’t dig my fingernails in my palms since he had both of them in his hand. So instead, I bit my bottom lip hard to distract me from my thoughts and also to keep it from quivering.

“It was my dad.” I finally confessed. He gave me a confused look so I plunged into the story about him torturing me. I told him everything.

Once I was done, he just stared into my eyes. And then the craziest thing happened. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. At first, I was shocked, but then I relaxed and kissed him back. His lips were so soft.

He let go of my hands and put me on the ground softly as he got on top of me, holding his weight with his hands. I wrapped both of my arms around his neck which only caused pain to ripple through my body, but I didn’t dare pull away.

The kiss became hungrier and I ran my hands through his hair. When I tightened my grip, Peter let out a low groan and started to kiss my neck. I lifted it higher, inviting him to kiss it everywhere.

I knew I shouldn’t be doing this, but I haven’t felt this good since Eric was here.

“Stop thinking about Eric!” I demanded myself. “He’s gone! And Peter is kissing me.”

His lips left wet kisses on my skin. But when he kissed my jaw, pain took over me and I let out a pained moan. He stopped immediately, looking into my eyes.

“I’m so sorry; I don’t know what got into me. I just couldn’t help myself. I don’t want to push you in any way, let alone hurt you.” He said a little breathlessly. In seconds he was off me and on his feet.

With all the effort I had, I pulled myself up and stood so I was face to face-or face to chest do to my size-with Peter. He seemed embarrassed looking the way he did as he rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at his feet. But he shouldn’t be. What he did was fine, and I’d do anything to kiss him again. I could still feel the ghost of his lips on mine.

As I extended my hand to take his, he pulled me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“It isn’t your fault, Peter. You did nothing but give me joy. And I feel grateful for everything you’ve done so far. I’ve never felt so happy or safe around anyone before, not until now.”

His hand passed over my hair absently.

“I’m guessing you don’t want to go back home do you?” he asked after a little while, still stroking my hair.

I shook my head.

“Then do you want to come to my house? My parents won’t mind, I swear, their cool.”

I looked up at him-my jaw hurting, just like my rib cage, exactly where my dad hurt me. Thank goodness he didn’t give me a black eye, I would have looked hideous, if not already-and he looked down at me, first my lips, then my nose and finally, my eyes. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him gently. When I pulled away, I nodded with a smile.

Instead of walking, Peter grabbed me bridal style while my head rested on his shoulder as he brought me back to his place.

 One he opened the front door of his house; both his parents were in the kitchen. His mom saw me first and gasped, putting her hand to cover her mouth, though his dad was the first to speak.

“What happened to you my dear? It’s the second time in two days that we see you in such bad condition.”

I looked up at Peter, and he looked down at me as he answered, “Her dad did this to her, so she’s staying with us. I don’t want her to go back to her house, it isn’t safe.”

“She is definitely staying here. Bring her to your room and take care of her, alright Peter?” his mother ordered.

He nodded and, still holding me, walked toward the stairs. Before he could even put his foot on the steps, I called back to his parents, “Thank you for taking care of me, all of you, no one has ever done that for me, and I’m grateful for it and I’ll repay all of you in any way I can. But thank you so much.”

“No problem, my dear, my wife and I are willing to take you in anytime you need us, and I’m sure Peter is too.” Peter’s father answered me, giving me a warm smile. I wished I had parents like Peter’s, nice parents who actually cared for you.

I smiled at both of them to show them that I really was grateful until Peter started going upstairs and bringing me to his room.

When we entered, he carefully put me on the mattress and went to close the door, he then came back and sat on the bed beside me.

“Peter,” I gasped, suddenly realizing that I had totally forgotten something. “I haven’t changed my clothes or my under garments in two straight days and they’re becoming very dirty. But all my clothes are at my house, what do I wear?”

He grinned devilishly. “You could take them off, I don’t mind.” He said matter-of-factly. I hit him playfully on the arm before we both started laughing. “Alright, alright, I’ll get some of my mother’s clothes for you to wear tomorrow; you’re both about the same size. But tonight, you can wear one of my shirts to sleep in. then in the morning, you can take a shower and get dressed.

“Why can’t I wear some of her clothes now?” I asked, puzzled.

“Because you’re very dirty, as you said before. But don’t worry;” he whispered as he leaned in next to my ear, “You’re still beautiful.” He kissed the top of my head after he finished his sentence. Though he was right about me being dirty; my shirt was blood stained, my pants were covered in dirt and my hair was just plain disgusting.

“Thank you, Peter. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I told him sincerely before slipping out of his room, only soon realizing that I had no idea where the bathroom was, so I walked back to his room. When I opened the door, Peter was shirtless, revealing a perfect body with abs and tanned skin, a body a girl’s fantasy boyfriend would have.

“What are you thinking?” Peter snapped me out of my daze.

“That my boyfriend has the perfect body.” I answered. But as soon as the words left my mouth, I regretted it. I just called him my boyfriend, and judging by his smirk plastered on his face, I knew he heard what I said.

“So I’m your boyfriend now, aren’t i?”

“Well, do you want to be?”

“Florence’s boyfriend, the tall, sexy, strong, good looking guy with the body girl’s wished their boyfriend’s would have. I like the sound of that,” he laughed, “so yes, I’d like to be your boyfriend, if, and only if you’ll be my girlfriend.”

It was my turn to laugh. Was he serious? Like if I’d mind being his girlfriend.

“Are you negotiating with me, Peter?”

“Yes, I guess I am.” he winked and I blushed.

“Then it’s a deal, I’ll be your girlfriend if you’ll be my boyfriend.”

I smiled at him and he smiled back, a sincere smile I could tell. I walked towards him and he wrapped me into his strong arms and I haven’t felt this safe in my life. It felt like nothing could hurt me as long as his arms were around me.

“Now why did you come in here?” he asked, his voice muffled by my hair. I had completely forgotten, I was here to ask where the bathroom was, not to flirt with Peter.

“Oh, right,” I pulled away from him, even though I ached to be with him, to just forget about the pain in my body and the whole world and just have his arms around me. ‘Where’s the bathroom?”

He started laughing, clearly not expecting this question.

“Stop laughing, I’m serious, where is it.” I pushed him slightly.

“It’s the second door after mine.”

“Thank you, I’ll be right back.”

 I then officially went to the bathroom and got changed. When I came back, only wearing Peter’s shirt which was so big, it arrived at my knees; he was standing near his desk, flipping through papers.

“You probably want to sleep, don’t you?” he asked, not looking back at me.

“Yeah, if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all, go in bed, I’ll be in the room right across from here.” Peter started towards the door but I stopped him by grabbing his hand.

“No, please, stay with me tonight. I won’t have bad dreams if I know you’re at my side. I’ve been through so much in my life and I’ve never felt as safe as I am when I’m with you. I know we’ve only known each other for two days, but I feel like I’ve known you my whole life.” I looked down at my feet, a bit scared of how he’d react.

“Of course I’ll stay with you tonight.” He squeezed my hand and we both made our way to his bed. I got in first, going to the part of the bed that was pressed up against the wall, and Peter got in after me. He closed the light and put his arm around my small body.

“Is this okay?” he asked, each word making my hair sway a bit.

“It’s perfect.”

With Peter’s arm around me and the safe feeling I got from being with him, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, i hope you liked this chapter as much as i did, i find that it really shows just how grateful Peter can really be comapired to how he is in the actual book of Divergent. Please read, vote and comment what you think, it'd mean a lot to get feedback due to how much effort i put in to this story.

Thanks for reading!!!! 

-Mrs. Gleeson 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

28.2K 976 26
[tzukook fanficโœ“] "Was it all a lie? or a mistake?" TWICE's Chou Tzuyu had a relationship with BTS' Jungkook for over 4 years now, they promised eter...
1.8K 68 12
y/n and the guys have been best friends for years. They all met when they joined high school where they was practically in the same classes for every...
1.4K 7 28
" If in the future we were to meet again , and if we were to fall in love again .. and fate has brought us together , then will I will definitely wil...
1.2K 327 45
If two people keep coming back to each other, does this mean it's true love? Elliot is from her past and when they meet again, the magnetic force bet...