Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh (It's a...

By Bollywood_Dillwali10

{Highest rank : #258 in Chick-Lit} Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh...Kaha Shuru Kaha Khatum.....(It's a strange tale...f... More

Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1| Dev's Deja-Vu
Chapter 2 | Dost Dost Na Raha...
Chapter 3 | Arjun's True Intentions
Author's Note
Chapter 4 | Diya Ki Family
Chapter 5 | The Interview
Chapter 6 | Diva Diya and Pretty Pari...
Chapter 7 | Arjun ka Badla...
New Cover!!!!!
Chapter 8 | Dev...The super hero??
Chapter 10 | Is Too Late Now To Say Sorry??
Chapter 11 | Dev's Confession
Trailer!!!!
Chapter 12 | Dev's Concussion...
Chapter 13 | Bhai...Is That You??
Chapter 14 | Meri Bhabi...
Part 15 | The Sudden Kiss...
Cover for New Book!!!
Chapter 16 | History...
The Brides and Grooms Revealed!!!!
Chapter 17 | Let The Wedding Preparations Begin...
Chapter 18 | The Kidnapping
Gulabo Deleted!!!
Chapter 19 | The Proposal...
Chapter 20 | An Arranged Love Marriage....
Chapter 21 | The Letter...
Chapter 21 B | Diya's "Betrayal" Continued...
Chapter 22 | The Wedding (Part One)
Chapter 22 - Part B | The Wedding
Chapter 23 |The First Night
Must Read This!!! #StoryOfMyLife
Chapter 24 | Let the Interrogation BEGIN!!!
Chapter 25 | The Albums...
Chapter 26 | The Dream...
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 | Guess who's back...
Chapter 29 | Dev's Tension....
Chapter 30 | The PLAN
Chapter 31 - The Attack
Chapter 32 - FINAL CHAPTER
Epilogue | Single Part (UPDATED)

Chapter 9 | Cold Conversations...

513 56 71
By Bollywood_Dillwali10

*Two Days Later - Monday*

*Diya's House*

Author's POV

After the accident that day, Diya's health was improving...the doctors dismissed her from Hospital and she could join her office today. the only thing was that she still had her arm in a cast.

Diya's POV

I couldn't sleep all weekend...I'm soooo excited!!!! this is going to be my first job EVER. I'm so happy that I'm not getting depressed this time someone betrayed me.

I promised myself that I wouldn't think of this stuff today. I don't know why...but I'm more mad about the fact that Dev didn't come and see me after that day, instead of Arjun. Everyone came to see me...Pari, Siddhant and even some of my mum's friends who I didn't even know....everyone but Dev.  

Is he mad at me? Why wouldn't he be angry!!! I trusted that Arjun instead of Dev...I are so stupid Diya!!! But still I really want to ask him:

 "Is it too late now to say sorry??? " I sing out loud and let out a sigh at my dumbness. Tera kuch nahi ho sakta Diya (You are hopeless Diya).

Just then my phone Buzzed...It was Pari texting me!!

*Pari and Diya's Text messages*

Pari: Are you awake yet Kumbh karan ki maa (Sleepy head).

Diya: Yes!!! You are so mean....is this how you talk to your sick friend???

Pari: acha emotional atyachar (Okay...Emotional Blackmailer) are you ready yet???

Diya:  Oh Shit...Just woke up!!!! TTYL Okay Bye!!!

Pari: Acha Acha....I'm Picking you up today...so be ready by seven thirty!!!

Diya: Yes...Mother

*End of texting*

I looked at the clock and it was already six forty five!!!

*Skip Diya running around the house like mad trying to find her socks*

Okay!!!! Finally ready!!!!

Lets go to Office Miss Diya Khanna!!! I walk out of the house and Pari beeping the horn of her car impatiently.

I sit in her car and we zoom off.

The music that was playing was pathetic...Each and every song was making me feel guilty!!!

Song 1. Kya Hua Tera Vada

Song 2. Dost Dost Naa Raha

Song 3. Tadap Tadap Ke Is Dil Se

Song 4. Hum Bewafa Hargiz na The

Song 5. Bin Tere

That's it!!! I had enough!!!! I switched the cd to some good old English POP music!!!

Song 6. Love your self

Song 7. We are never getting back together

I got fed up and turned the music off!!!

I could see Pari laughing her head off!!!

*Skip the rest of the ride*

I jumped out of the car (minding my arm offcourse) and began to walk towards the administration with Pari. There we met Siddhant who took us to a lounge where we could sit and talk.

"So girls...the main purpose of getting two accountants was to help the two most important people of this company i.e. Me and DD get control of the accounts. Our old accountant left too many loop holes so DD fired him and the growing sale required us to have an accountant each...and mind you none of us have a P.A so you'll have to do the work of a P.A as well...but don't worry...this is going to give you both a higher pay!!!," he blabbered on!!!

"Okay then!!" we replied simultaneously.

"So who is going to be who's Accountant/PA??" I asked.

"I'm getting to that Diva Diya," he began "Pretty Pari is going to be mine," he said giving Pari a blush,   "I...I mean that she is going to be my accountant/PA and you are going to be DD's...I mean PA/Accountant," he said nervously.

I kept my laughter inside but then realised that I was going to be DD's PA/Accountant...Oh Shit!!! the last thing I want is some khadoos budha (old man) controlling over me.

I felt like singing 'Ma kya karu Raam Mujhko budha mill gaya'. Suddenly everyone around me gave me a glare...

'Oh shit I said that out aloud' I think covering my mouth. 

"Yes you did Diva Diya," Siddhant confirmed.

After walking for a little while Sid showed me the Deadly Devil's Den (DD's Cabin) and left giggeling with Pari. Tu To Gai Diya (You are a goner Diya).

I struggled to pushed the heavy glass door open with my good arm.

"May I Come in Sir??" I requested. the room was scented with a nostalgically familiar scent.

"Yes you may Miss Khanna," The voice was agonisingly familiar....but i ignored it hoping for the best. I was sure that he wasn't that old. 

"Please sit down Miss Khanna," the guy said slowly turning around revealing his face.

IT WAS DEV!!!!!

"Dev" I said in shock standing back up again.

 "It's Mr Dixit for you," he said coldly "and when you're asked to sit down...please sit down," he began.

"Do you have your files on you?" he sneered in a professional manner. 

I felt like digging my face in the ground. (But then remembered that i was standing in a 10 storey building)

Did Dev know about all this? has he purposefully hired me to torture me???

Oh God help me!! 

"Miss Khanna!! I believe i asked you for something!!" Dev almost shouted, shaking me out of my soul.  

"Huh?...I mean Yes....Yes I-I do have my files" I said going through my bag and handing it to him. 

I'm a gonner!! Dev will KILL meee!! 

"Good...Now i feel it's my responsibility as your boss to go through some things....We are working at a professional level and so our personal matters are not to be discussed!" 

"aha" i say not giving him eye contact. 

"And when I'm talking....i expect you to give me eye contact!!" 

Oh Shit....this will be tough!! Looking at Dev make me feel guilty in some way....The way his eyes are always blood-shot red freaks me out. It indicates how little sleep he gets. 

"Yes....Sir" 

"Good....now when i ask you to do something....i need it to be done efficiently and to the highest standards! I'm extremely picky about these things. If i feel that your work isn't good enough....i won't hesitate in taring it apart in-front of your face." My jaw drops with that. 

"Also...if i need you to stay after hours....you will have to stay after hours....I will not tolerate any sort stupidity from you in this.....I don't care if you are a woman....rules are rules....and i won't be changing them for ANYONE!!" 

I stay silent....what could i even say? I don't know how long i'll be able to live like this. 

Should i resign?

Dev noticed Diya's internal turmoil

"Miss Khanna....Don't even think about resigning!! There is no point....you are bound in a three year contract with us....if you wish to leave....go ahead!! But be prepared to to face us in court!" 

F*ck!!!

F*ck!!!! 

F*ck!!!

WHY!! MEE!!

My eyes began to water with all this pressure...i tried to keep it all in but couldn't!! 

Suddenly Dev held a box of tissues in front of me. 

I look up all shocked!

"le lo (Take it) We take care of our employees at DD industries" he says with a nasty smirk.

I stare into his eyes in fury. 

"if i were you....Diya....i would tame that disgraceful glare of yours and stop those crocodile tears."

I was completely shocked!!

"Why are you doing this?" 

"Doing what?" 

"Why did you employ me here? When you found out that i was being employed....why did you-" I begin but Dev intercepts me. 

"I'm the owner of this company Miss Khanna...The decision on who gets employed is in my hands....I don't appreciate anyone challenging that decision.....now if your drama is over.....get to work. 

Oh Great Diya!!! Welcome to hell!!!

Save me god!!!

Author's POV
*Skip to lunch*

"So....How is your new boss?" Pari asks with glee  in her face as usual.

"Pari....I'm dead!! DO you know who my boss is??" 

"Yea....Mr Dixit!" 

"Mr D Dixit.....MR DEV DIXIT!!!" 

Pari's went from shocked to hysterically laughing. She had tears in her  eyes (Laughing tears FYI) seeing Diya's expressions. 

"Dev tera boss hai (Dev is your boss)?" 

"Yea but why are you laughing??" 

"Honey...how can i not laugh in this situation!! This is so good!!" 

Diya rolled her eyes!!

"You both are like made for each other!! No matter what happens, you can not be parted for long!" 

Diya Sighed

"I mean 1 universe, 9 planets, 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas and Dev is your boss!! If i were you, i would apologise for what ever happened and move on!" 

"How do i even apologise for all this? I mean I'm the world's most stupid girl, who could not have faith in her love. I don't even have the guts to talk to him!" 

Pari gave a sympathetic look. 

"You know....he spoke so coldly to me! I couldn't even meet his glare!! And that fact that he knows me so well is freaky!! When i thought about quitting....he threatened to take me to court if i do anything as such!! I mean....how can he even hear my thoughts???" 

"I think his anger is justified Diya!! as much as i know Dev....he is only trying to get rid of the love he still has on the inside for you. Just give it some time yaar!! Everything will be solved by itself!!" 

"I hope so!!" she said giving her a hug. 

The day finally concluded, Dev wanted to hate Diya...but the love he had for her didn't allow this. Diya on the other hand slept that night feeling like someone had dropped a huge rock on her chest. 

The next day, the sleep deprived Diya walks in her office dying from the inside. 

Diya's POV

My gut feeling was that something extremely bad was going to happen today...I sighed and entered Dev- I mean Mr Dixit's Cabin.

As usual i enter with Dev's cold looks. I find it so weird that we hardly ever talk. Most of our talking occurs with the use of our eyes....Well only if you count him glaring at me every now and then. 

There was so much work today...the time seemed to fly. The large grandfather clock struck six and it was time to go home!! This is my favourite part of the day!! I gather my stuff and start placing it all in my bag. 

"Miss Khanna...i need you to stay for a little longer." Dev ordered as I was about to leave. "It's just that we have to discuss a few important matters with one of my clients and it would be better if one of our Accountants could stay," he continued.

"Actually Mr Dixit....i have to go home now otherwise there won't be anyone to pick me up." I tried to talk but then got interrupted.

"Miss Khanna, I wasn't asking you...I was informing you," 

"I'm sorry? I need to go home! My family is waiting for me to come home.....I cannot be staying here after hours!" I panic. 

I can't bare another moment of this awkwardness.  

"Is this the professionalism you talked about in your resume?"

"Professionalism? What about your Professionalism Mr DEV DIXIT?? Targeting one of your employees every time they refute you is sooo professional Na!" I Said getting frustrated. 

"According to our contract, we can keep our employees after hours. If you have any problem with this you we can always see you in court!" 

"This is not fair....Why are you doing this to me Dev?" I regretted asking that! 

"Oh this? This is  nothing Diya...I haven't even started," he said stepping closer. "The worst is yet to come!"

A tear drop falls from my eye. 

"You will be staying two hours after the meeting with me. 

___________________________________________________________

So..How was it???

It was Dev all along!!!! Who knew right??? (aaaa Like Everyone) 

 I'm too tired to go on so all I'm going to say is please please let me know how the chapter and VOTE!!!

❤❤Dillwali out❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 2.9K 35
𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐈 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋♡ Bow to the Queen Before Speaking ~ A Beauty with Brain, Sassy Attitude with a Kind & Unique Personality. At just the age...
2.7M 108K 62
Sidharth Karthikeya Roy, a dangerous and powerful businessman who is a ruthless CEO of Roy group. He got entangled in an arranged marriage with Megha...
106K 5.9K 55
Cover credits @malanimaniraja22 "A misunderstanding that ruined love" ... Arjun:Hey... Unaku vekkama illa akka kalyanam Panna vendi payyana mela aas...
306K 16.6K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...