At No Time || Bruno Mars

Από gentlefirequietstorm

Trystan Wildes hated plane rides. Peter Hernandez hated changes. • • • When young lyricist/producer Trystan... Περισσότερα

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Part Two
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
Part 3
Year 1, 2, 3, & 5
Thank You

14

782 43 25
Από gentlefirequietstorm

" . . . Yeah, they decided to take me out to dinner to congratulate me on my position at Vivacity. You wanna come?" Her cell phone pressed between her shoulder and ear, Trystan  rifled through her closet for something to wear as she spoke with Angelique, who Trystan heard smack her teeth.

"P. Dez wants to take you out somewhere? That doesn't even sound believable."

"Well, it's not just him. The other guys actually suggested it. He kinda stood in the background, as usual." Even Trystan had to twist her lips at Peter's lack of enthusiasm at Roger suggesting they all go out to eat. She wasn't even sure if he was going to show up, but she remained unbothered. "So, are you coming or what?"

"Did they say where they were going? You know I'm a vegetarian, so I can't go to any meaty place." Mild disgust lingered in Angelique's voice, and all Trystan could do was chuckle at her dramatic friend.

"Yes, the whole world knows you're a vegetarian, Lique. And I'm actually not sure where we're going. I told them to surprise me."

Angelique groaned, "You're not making this easy for me, Tree."

"Girl, just come!" Trystan exclaimed. "The guys are cool, but I'd enjoy some girl company, too."

Angelique gasped excitedly. "Is someone switching over to the bi-side of town?"

Trystan threw her head back and laughed. "No, girl. You know what I meant. And are you going or not? I'm trying to pick out an outfit and I don't want us ending up wearing the same thing."

"I guess I can entertain some men for the evening. And considering you left it to men to decide to take you on an unromantic date, there's really no telling what you should wear. Something semi-casual. Not too dressy where you'd look out of place, but not too plain either. Kinda like you wanna get laid but you don't want to be too obvious about it."

"And who would I be getting laid by, Miss Angelique?" 

"I don't know . . . Chadwick Boseman?"

The two comrades laughed and Trystan shook her head. "You're a mess. Meet me here at seven-thirty and we'll drive together."

Neal: Trystan said she's on her way. Where are you?

Peter quickly shoved his phone into his jean pocket when Kimioko entered there bedroom. Her nose was stuck in a manila folder, more than likely wedding arrangements,  but paused her scrutiny when she saw him. "Where are you going?"

"Just out with the fellas." He hoped he hadn't answered too quickly. He turned from her and busied himself with a bottle of cologne, hoping she'd leave the matter be, but if he knew one thing from their relationship of eight years, it was that she was a speculator.

"Where to?" Kimioko feigned indifference, but Peter knew well enough her focus was no longer consumed by their wedding.

"Some Japanese restaurant Neal found around the way. Nothing special."

"If it's nothing special, then why are you all dressed up?"

"What? This?" Peter turned and gestured toward his navy blue sweater, barely qualifying it as "dressed up."

Kimioko nodded, setting the folder onto the bed and crossing her arms. "Why are you just now telling me? You promised we'd go over seating arrangements tonight."

"I just found out earlier and I'm sorry, I completely forgot." The latter wasn't completely untrue. He'd remembered earlier in the day his asseveration but consumed himself in his work so he'd purposely forget.

To Peter's surprise, Kimioko didn't pout at his revelation, but carefully surveyed him with a speculative purse to her lip before she asserted, "I'm going, too." She didn't wait for his response before she went to their closet to retrieve something to wear.

"Kitten, you don't wanna be the only girl there, do you?" Peter attempted to dissuaded. He didn't want to make it obvious he'd enjoy his time more if her interference was not a factor, or the fact that there would be another woman present.

"I don't mind."

"You don't even like Japanese food!"

Kimioko peeped head from out the closet, a canvassing eye scrutinizing Peter again. "I'll like it tonight," she surmised before disappearing back through the door.

Peter left the matter alone. If he continued to press, Kimioko would become suspicious. She would already know he lied to her when she saw Trystan would be joining them. He groaned and turned back to the mirror, his reflection an exhibition of expenditure.

"Gyuniku? Never been here before. I've heard the food was good, though." Angelique peered out of her car window at the title of the restaurant Neal's directions had led she and Trystan to. "What time is it, Tree?"

Trystan glanced at her phone and returned smartly, "Eight thirty-seven, only over an half-hour after I was expected."

Angelique huffed as she circled around the parking lot, "Well, it's not my fault you got us lost three times and I had to take over."

"That's only because you can't give directions to save your life!" Trystan corrected, alluding to the moment Angelique's guidance almost ran the two into a tree.

"Well, we're alive, aren't we? Besides, you said our table wasn't even ready yet. Now, go inside and while I find a space." Angelique dropped Trystan off at the entrance of the eatery.

She sauntered to the entrance and was immediately doused in the heavy aroma of Japan's finest. The ambiance was relaxing and she was quietly jubilant at the fact she'd chosen to wear pants when she saw customers settled atop pillows at their tables.

It didn't take her long to find her compadres, who were waving her over toward one of the waiting benches.

"Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late. Me and my friend got lost trying to get here," Trystan apologized as she hugged them both.

"It's fine. P's not even here yet, so you're good," Neal regarded before peering over Trystan's shoulder. "Where's your friend?"

"She's out parking the car. She'll be here in a second," Trystan informed before her attention was caught by Roger, who'd begun smiling and typing away on his phone.

"And who are you texting?" Trystan poked his side and he nearly dropped the device in surprise.

"Huh, what? Oh, nobody. It's nobody." He quickly shook his head as if the idea of it being anyone important was asinine.

"Neal, who is it?" Trystan turned to the other man, who gave her a knowing look.

"Take a wild guess."

Trystan thought a moment before squinting her eyes. "It can't be who I think it is."

"It's probably who you think it is."

"You're talking to Elle Marie?!" Trystan twisted the younger man's ear. Roger let out a sound of pain before slipping from her pinching.

"We're just friends!" he insisted as he nursed his ear. "We're not together or anything. There's nothing wrong with having a companion."

"It is when that "companion" is nineteen and you're like, thirty!" Trystan chuckled incredulously.

"Twenty-three, thank you. And Elle's a really mature woman, and legal, might I add, so it's not like I'm robbing the cradle," Roger defended. "And we're just friends. I was at the executive building the other day to see my uncle and she was there at a meeting. We started talking and exchanged numbers. That's all."

Trystan gave him a curt look. "Well, knowing you, you won't be "just friends" for long. And speaking of friends—," her eyes switched to the entryway, "—there's mine. Lique! Over here!" Blonde dreads swinging, Angelique caught Trystan's eye and began walking over.

"That's your friend?" Neal whispered to Trystan, and she was positive the incredulousness in his infliction offered more than a question.

"Don't think about it; she's taken," she muttered to him briskly before gesturing Angelique over. "Hey, Lique. This here is Roger—," Trystan swept a hand toward him and he offered a polite greeting,"—and this here is Neal."

"Enchanté, mademoiselle." Neal took the opportunity to execute his cunningness. Not adhering to Trystan's warning, he took her hand and placed a kiss on the back of it, and Angelique's giggle didn't help any.

The four immersed themselves in pleasant conversation, Neal cracking corny jokes that any other time Angelique wouldn't have found amusing, but was cachinnating like a schoolgirl as she twirled a lock with her finger.

Peter arrived moments later—hand-in-hand with a woman Trystan assumed to be Kimioko. She hadn't expected to see her, but found this time was as good as any to finally meet the woman Peter was going to marry. Alas, it appeared she was the only one who shared the sentiment.

"Are you fucking kidding me . . ." Neal muttered in a voice Trystan hoped she'd only heard. Roger's groan beside her made it clear that Kimioko had definitely not been apart of the night's plans.

"Hello, everyone," Peter greeted when he arrived. Trystan noticed his tone wasn't as colloquial—when it chose to be—as it normally was. She also saw that Kimioko hardly smiled, even when Peter introduced Trystan. Trystan nearly offered her hand but thought better of it when she realized the woman did not look like she was in the friendliest mood.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me, Bruno." Angelique paid Kimioko no mind as she presented herself.

Peter gave her a thoughtful look before guessing, "Ange . . . lique, right?"

Angelique grinned and turned to Trystan. "See? I told you he'd remember me." Everyone chuckled except Kimioko.

Before awkwardness could overtake the group, their server led them to their table. Confusion overtook Trystan when Kimioko, who'd been behind her, all but dragged Peter to the furthest seating from her.

"What's her deal?" Angelique wondered, and Trystan could only shrug. She hadn't done anything to the woman all night, and she surely hadn't done anything to make Kimioko feel protective over her fiancé. She left it alone, feeling she had no reason to feel reprobate.

Despite Kimioko's abhorrence to almost everything that occurred, whether it being a food choice or the waiter and even the tea, which Trystan found delicious, the night went swimmingly. Their laughter filled the area as stories were told and roasts were ignited. Neal, who'd made sure to get the pillow next to Angelique, evoked her endless giggling as he purposely struggled with his chopsticks and his opinions on the sushi.

"Is your friend even single?" Roger whispered to Trystan when the two became engulfed in their own conversation.

"Allegedly, she's in a relationship, but with who, I'm not sure," Trystan shaded as she took a sip of her green tea. "I guess we're the only singles here tonight, huh?"

Roger chuckled in spite of them both noticing that Peter and Kimioko's affinity was not nearly as amiable as Angelique and Neal's.

Making sure her voice was low enough, Trystan became curious. "What's his girl's deal? Is she always like this?"

Roger fixated his glasses before answering, "Pretty much. She's great on the eyes but her personality has always been out of whack. I don't think she's a bad person, but definitely not the one for Peter."

His admission didn't come as a surprise to Trystan, but she was still perplexed as to what attracted Peter to Kimioko. "He doesn't seem like he's crazy about her." Trystan found that sad and hoped the two wouldn't be heading into a loveless marriage.

Roger set down his tea cup and replied, "Peter swears up and down he's in love with that girl. I do know he cares about her; they were together before we even met, but . . ." he trailed off, shaking his head. She didn't like prying, but Peter's relationship had intrigued her. She egged on and Roger relented, "If you hang around long enough, you'll see for yourself," and left iadmt at that.

After a toast, which was a shot of Saki, to Trystan's accomplishment, the group finally decided to call it a night. Roger swatted Trystan's hand when she attempted to pay for her own meal. "This is your night!" he exclaimed and made sure she was covered. Trystan was touched at attaining such great friends.

Neal and Angelique still hadn't let up on their conversation by the time they all made it outside of the restaurant, and when it was time for goodbyes, their embrace was lengthy considering they'd only just met a couple hours before. Trystan administered a "We're going to have a talk" look when Angelique sided her.

Peter, who'd been too consumed in engaging a conversation with Kimioko for most of the night, made his way toward Trystan, his fiancée still clinging to his arm.

He reached out to touch Trystan's shoulder, and she twisted around to meet him, an inquiring glint in her eye. "Congratulations again. I look forward to hearing great things from you," he told her with an honest smile.

"Thanks, Br-Peter," Trystan nearly slipped and called him by a nickname Kimioko had probably never heard him referred to as in her life. She hoped she hadn't caught it.

Trystan pretended not to notice the nudge Peter had to gave his affianced in order for her to even acknowledged Trystan's presence.

"Oh, yes, congratulations," Kimioko regarded with a forced smiled. "Tracie, is it?"

"Trystan," Trystan corrected, trying to hide the curtness in her voice.

"Right, right. Well, good night. Peter and I have some planning to do for our wedding. Come on, honey." Kimioko tugged at the crook of his arm and began to lead him away.

"Goodnight, Trystan. Nice seeing you again, Angelique," Peter called from down the sidewalk, obviously irritated at Kimioko's abruptness. Trystan and Angelique waved lamely as they watched the couple walk away.

Roger came to Trystan's unoccupied side and relayed, "Exhibit A."

. . .
. . .
. . .

Thanks for reading! ^_^

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

160K 11.2K 65
Previously known as Mad For Her (Book Two) If you got this book don't go without checking the first part:- Should I read this book? 💯 You will not r...
233K 5.7K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
32.6K 1.9K 27
❝Doesn't angels have wings or something?❞ ❝Doesn't demons have horns, cause I certainly don't see yours.❞ In which Vegas meets a boy named Pete who c...
664K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...