Someone's Forever

NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... Еще

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

6. Test of Patience

12.4K 596 67
NeelamMenghani

Hello Beautiful Souls,

First of all, Extremely SORRY for the late update.

I know it looks like FOREVER to update. But here I'm again with a long and surprising update.

***

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures."

― Joseph Addison

***

Ashley Greene as Serene Revin

NIERA'S POV

They say when you don't know what to do, then let your instincts guide you. But they never explained what to do when your brain and instincts betray and leave you, when you are in the arms of Human incarnation of Adonis  and you do nothing but behave like a complete Awestruck Fool.

Well this was me, leaning on a complete stranger, hands on his solid chest with feet nearly left earth and my full body weight on him, with his hands securing me and taking all my weight like I weigh nothing.

As my senses and sanity were left on vacation, I took my opportunity to dive in his deep Caribbean blue eyes and enjoy the jolt of electricity in my whole body. Even through the layers of clothing between us, his chest was like stone beneath my palms, his stomach a hard slab of muscle against my own.

The fantasy part of me wanted to be secured in his arms like this Forever.

But the rational part of me took control and reminded me, the reason of being here.

Realization came to me like a bucket of lemonade with ice.

What am I doing?

I flushed with embarrassment and blush, unable to find the will to push away despite the three other people in the room with us. It didn't help that his attention was solely on me, his hard body radiating that arresting impression of powerful demand.

Blinking out of my semi-daze, I tried to released him.

Tried...

He was standing there unmoving, holding me with an impassive face. His high cheek bones and handsome face showing power but his eyes had a hint of uncertainty in them.

Or maybe Miss. Paranoid is being Paranoid AGAIN.......

He and uncertain, he is the second name for Confidence, remember his name.

GIDEON.....

I was wriggling in his arms but with all my efforts to freed me, his grip only tightened. A high pitch squeal left me when his grip tightened to an unbearable extent.

This seems to take him out of his daze and he loosen his grip on me.

I wobbled on my heels when he set me down, my knees weakened from the full body contact. I felt cold with the lose of contact.

Behind me, I could hear several gasps. I turned only to stumbled backward again as Jerry and others in the room bowed down to Mr. Gorgeous Saviour except Mr. Gerard.

Reaching out, Jerry steadied me and eased me back gently.

Mr. Valentine's gaze stayed focused on Jerry's hand at my elbow until I was released.

Mr. Valentine just gave a curt nod and walked passed us without even giving a second glance.

I felt Disappointed....

My gaze followed him, his solid confidence strides radiant power and authority. His broad shoulders and tall frame. Pure Perfection...

When I turned I saw Mr. Gerard was looking at me with a secret smile.

Oh No!!! He caught me checking out his Boss. God, please ask mother earth to open up and swallow me in.

Mr. Valentine reached to the Head chair, sat there looking ahead. The atmosphere of the room suddenly changed, everyone was standing stiff at their places, slightly bowed. No one was making eye contact with him.

And I was in total and unaltered shocked for what just happened and what is happening.

The voice of clearing throat bring everyone out of their statue form.

"Everyone please take their respective seats." Mr. Gerard commanded.

With this the movement started and everyone took their place, Jerry nudged me to take seat which I did.

Why I'm so unfocused now, why I'm so affected with his presence?

"Rise the King." Mr. Gerard said. "If we have your permission can we proceed." He asked for permission.

He just nodded looking ahead. As Gerard proceed, he briefed Mr. Valentine the whole situation. During briefing he pause for a couple of times and ask for any query but he just gesture him to continue.

Why can't he just say something, I want to hear his voice....

Out of nowhere a rumbling sound came, halting the discussion. This sound was coming from my stomach.

I mentally chided myself, why I had to skip my dinner and breakfast?

Every head in the room turn toward my direction.

God, this is so embarrassing. I am sure, I must be looking like a cherry because of blush.

"Well I think we should have lunch first, as it's being pass lunch hours and Niera wanted a break." Suggested Sir Gerard.

He was announcing this to all of us but all this time his gaze was fixed on Mr. Valentine. Like monitoring his reactions.

Nodding, Mr. Valentine approved, his face impassive.

With that he stood and with this gesture everyone else in the room also stood with him with a slight bow.

But as always me being a dumb, I sat there, rooted in the chair. All the stares were at me some were shocked, some questioning and some amused. Mr. Valentine was looking ahead, ignoring me like I don't even exist there.

It hurts me, I know I shouldn't feel like this but he's ignoring me and behaving I don't even exist there, it make me want to go on a lonely mountain and cry my heart out.

Why his behavior affects me?

I don't even know him, for cry out loud.

"Niera, join us for lunch." Mr. Gerard stated.

"yes." I mummered, stumbling while standing, I tried to behave normal and sober.

As everyone was waiting for Mr. Gerard and Mr. Valentine to walk ahead, Mr. Gerard gestured everyone to walk ahead. Receiving command, everyone hurried their steps toward the door.

Jerry looked at my way, silently asking to follow the suit. But Mr. Gerard spoke before I could answer, "Revin will you please brief me the progress details on the oil refinery in Chicago in our way." His words were a simple request but it feels like we wanted Jerry to get out of this room.

Nodding his head, Jerry fall in steps behind Mr. Gerard. With one last look he left with other people leaving only me and Mr. Valentine in the room. To keep focus and keep my sanity from going again on vacation, I tried to made my way to the door.

Tried.....

As I turned toward the door's direction, I sensed a stare on me. Out of curiosity, I turned around to confirm my Paranoid Suspicion.

And there, Mr. Gorgeous Saviour was staring at me. His blue eyes looking deeply at me.

His gorgeous eyes do magic to me, I can't look away, like an unseen force was stopping me to do so or maybe to him as well. We were staring at each other for like ages before he suddenly looked away and left me alone in conference room.

Niera control yourself, you are feeling this just because he saved you yesterday and today. That's it.

Just focus on your work and nothing else.

Shaking my head, I tried to clear my clouded mind, taking a deep breath and I went for the lunch before I lose my way and meet with another accident.

As I made my way out of the conference room, everyone else left already leaving Mr. Gorgeous Saviour and me waiting for the lift.

To say I was fine and cool would be a big lie. Why his presence bring this stupid ever present blush and make my tummy fly with all these butterflies in it?

Stay away from him.

Like it's in my control......

I was standing away from him ensuring maximum distance. There was railing connected to the stairs. I was leaning on it, holding it with all my strength. In my thoughts of getting away from him I didn't realised I was too close to the stairs. Taking another step to the side, my left foot tripped in the railing and my balance stagger.

I saw several things simultaneously. Nothing was moving in slow motion, the way it does in the movies. Instead, the adrenaline rush seemed to make my brain work much faster, and I was able to absorb in clear detail several things at once. Mr. Valentine was waiting for the lift, his back on me. I screamed left me. Suddenly he turned, his eyes searching me, then suddenly he found me, his eyes showed horror. But it was to late I was already falling.

"ANGEL!!!"

A deep manly voice, thick with emotions came from somewhere, hearing it a sudden warmth rushed through me. Like it awakened something in me, in my heart.

Like a deep pain in me is now started to heal.

But I didn't had time to think about that soothing voice as I was falling. Just before my back touched the hard stairs, something hit me, hard, but not from the direction I was expecting. My head was collided into a solid chest with two strong arms holding me secured, a tingling of electricity were enough. I knew he was My Gorgeous Saviour. At that moment I wanted nothing but to hold him with everything I have and stay here forever.

After sometime I raised my head, to meet with his captivating eyes. His expressions were calmed, almost relieved. His eyes were composed, but the thing was his eyes, they were glowing brown....

Glowing Brown???? But last time his eyes were Carribean Blue.....

My eyes widened, how can this be possible? "your ey— eyes." I stammered, not knowing how to say this.

My stammering changed his demeanor, his calmed gaze turned into sheer anger. He closed his eyes of a few seconds and opened them, they were surprisingly the same Carribean blue. I gape at him. He quickly pulled me back and set me on my foot. Turned he went to the waiting lift, stood there like nothing happened. I was standing there in unaltered shock and confusion.

I can swear the colour of his eyes changed.

"Are you coming in?" the same muscular voice came, sending a chill through my spine. when I turned to find the source no one was there except....

Mr. Gorgeous Saviour... I gawk at him. He was looking at me with his all time Impassive look, silently ordering to enter in the lift. So, He is the source of the voice.

No, I am not so going to share a lift with him.

Miss. Dumb, did you forgot you don't know the way to the dining room.

Right....

I entered the lift and the whole ride was Awkward, me shifting to the corner with his constant stare at me. As the ride end, I quickly jumped out of the lift, waiting for him to lead the way.

Once we entered the enormous dining room, all were seated at their places leaving two adjacent seats. They made attempt to stand up but his hand stopped them, they bowed and went back to normal.

Remain silent and still...

I hurriedly made my way to the seat near Jerry giving him a reassuring smile, while Mr. Valentine sat next to Mr. Gerard. Even in the royal table and spacious sitting area, our chairs were too close. When we both sat, our thighs were brushing. My heartbeat skipped with the close proximity.

"What would you like to have Miss. William?" Sir Gerard asked.

A flight ticket back to my home.

"Ahm— I'll have anything vegetarian." I answered hesitantly.

"okay, Your Majesty, what would you like to have?"

My Sanity....

"Today's special, with something veg." Mr. Gerard raised his brows on this but remain silent and nodded.

They made orders and lunch arrived. The whole room was silent, only the sound of spoons and forks can be heard.

My condition was worst as I was sitting with him and his thighs continuously brushing over mine causing tingling of sparks. I glanced at his way to find him staring at me with a small smile on his Handsome face but it vanished quickly. I narrowed my eyes to him, but he mirrored my expression making me turn my eyes.

Copycat... intimating copycat....

I awkwardly shifted to other side but Jerry blocked my other side, I was on the edge of my seat with a little more shifting, I'll be either on floor or on Jerry's lap.

With a lot of shifting, squirming and awkwardness we finished lunch.

"How was the lunch Miss. William?" Sir Gerard asked politely.

Awkward.....

"It was nice, thank you." Nodding he announced, "Let's head back to the conference room, shall we Your Majesty."

"Of course." Mr. Valentine said while getting up. With this everyone stood, he headed to the door and I took a sigh of relief.

Shaking my head, I headed for the conference room with others.

***

Once again in conference room, we all sat at our respective chairs. The atmosphere was same tensed and nervous.

My body was visually here but my mind was still befuddled with his thoughts.

A pinch on my arm dragged me out from my thoughts. "Oww!!" I squeal, jumping out of my seat.

"What happened?" Mr. Gerard asked, his voice held concerned.

I sat back to my chair, turning I narrowed my eyes to Jerry who was the culprit behind this. Shaking my head I asked them to continue. "What was for that?" I whisper-yelled to him. "Sir Gerard was talking to you." He answered.

"Oh." Ohh...

"Let's have a presentation." Mr. Valentine announced.

Presentation on this matter?

Gerard thought for a moment then said, " Okay, Miss. William, please will you give a small presentation to us about whole matter with your company's perspective. I must say Your Majesty, she is very talented." He said proudly. His words gave me some of my lost confidence.

"But— " "Niera, please." Jerry injected.

"Okay." I sighed.

I stood up and started to give presentation. Without my facts and matters, it was difficult but I managed. All this time, his gaze was fixed on me.

The intensity of his gaze was searing. It felt as if his entire focus was on me, which only reinforced my respect for Jerry, who'd had to work under the weight of that stare for hours.

His face was impassive giving away nothing, it was difficult to figure out what he was thinking.

"so, that's how we knew where was the fault and with that we are clean and transparent and the culprit is in your company." I finished confidently.

Mr. Gorgeous Saviour can make me nervous and blush in general but I have control when it comes to my work.

"Proofs?" he asked while looking at me. Sir Gerard answered for me, "They are with the team for cross checking., we can have them by anytime."

"Copies?" he asked again, this time I shook my head as I had no answer, both the original and xerox were in the same folder which I forgot in Jerry's  office yesterday.

"So, you just gave such important documents of your company without any copy. What would you do if any of the document get misplaced? I hope you are smart enough to understand what I'm trying to say." He asked with a raised brow.

He was right it was my mistake, I should have retrieved the folders from Jerry's office.

A knock on the door interrupted. The same young man from the morning came inside with confidence but as his eyes met Mr. Valentine, he seem to get nervous and feared. He bowed hurriedly. While sweating he said, "Alp—I mean Sir, Mr. Banerjee have checked the reports. He said to inform you the documents are incomplete and he needs your permission to—to" "Leave." Mr. Valentine ordered while cutting him off.

The boy literally ran out of the room like his tail was on fire.

Documents are incomplete.....

How can it be possible, I checked each and every paper by my own. There is no way the documents can be incomplete.

This can't be possible..... there is some mistake....

"There is some mistake, I have checked all the papers. I need to check them—" "These useless explanations will take you nowhere, just accept you came here with no proper proofs." He announced coldly.

"But Mr. Valentine—"

"The meeting is over, You are exposed now. Get ready to be sued, your company have to pay for our loss." He  announced in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

That's it enough of my patience, he have crossed the limit. Slamming my hands on the glass desk, I gave the replied in the tone which he needed to hear. I had to clear things which he needs to know,

"Wait, just because I'm not saying anything, that doesn't mean I am wrong. You just can't jump on a conclusion like this. Greefy advisories are one of the best advisories in the country and this deal was very important for us, why will we do anything like that which will only ruin our name in market and we may be a small firm comparing to your's empire but still we know the business and remember the ethics and morale."

  And to tell you the truth,  your people never asked for the validation of documents, they took it without my permission, if anything in them get misplaced, it'll be their fault not mine...

"And one more thing, money and power don't give you the right to accuse and insult others, I respect you and your position but if you think I'll listen to your accusation and follow your orders like your subordinates and employees then you are certainly wrong Mr. Valentine."

"I'm—" I didn't got to finish my sentence when I heard an animatic growl from my side, only to get attacked by non other than Miss. Mahriyah. She pounced on me like a cat or fox. Startled I freeze on my spot not knowing what to do, behind me I can hear Jerry shouting at me to run but I was fixed on my spot, out of nowhere Mr. Valentine came to stand between me and Miss. Mahriyah. Shielding me from her. A loud growl came from his chest, an angry warning growl.

A Growl??

Miss. Mahriyah seem to get frightened, she stopped, bowed and left the room.

Mr. Valentine turned, his blue eyes mixed with a bright shade of brown showed concern. "You okay, are you hurt." He was checking for any injuries or wounds while shooking me, he was concerned.

But why???

Not being able to find words I just nodded hesitantly. Once we was satisfied he released me and went back to his chair. After taking a few deep breath he asked Jerry to clean the mess which he did without any delay. When the mess was cleaned and room was normal, Jerry gave me a glass of water which I gulp without any question. 

He placed his hand on the crown of my head, which only earn him a growl from Mr. Valentine. Quickly he removed his hand from my head. He looked shocked and turned to Sir Gerard's direction. With wide eyes he silently asked him something on which Sir Gerard nodded affirmative.

His eyes went wide, ready to pop out of their sockets. He gawk at him. Shaking is head and  rubbing his eyes, he again looked at his way. This time receiving an affirmative nod with a serious glare.

He stilled, turning at my direction then Mr. Valentine, doing this for a couple of time, he was looking like a pendulum.

His expression shocked turned to a small smile, he nodded to himself and did the thing which I could never expected in my farthest dream.

He BOWED to me...

Bowed to me....

***

May 26, 2016

So, this was the test of the patience for Niera and all of you.  What made Jerry to BOW Niera? And what was that secret talk between Jerry and Gerard?

Any guesses??

There is a good news again SOMEONE'S FOREVER reached  #43  in Werewolf on 9th and 10th May. all because of your love and support. Thank You so much to all of You.

sorry again for the late update, I had exams so I couldn't get the chance to update.

I hope you all liked the update, please share your views about this chapter and the story. I would love to hear from you all. 

Next update will be the beginning of the Mystery and a few more ups and downs for Niera. Till then, 

Read, Vote, Comment and Share....

with lots of Love,

Neelam

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Second Chance Luna aemills23

Про оборотней

500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
2.2M 90.1K 65
-COMPLETED AS OF JUNE 1, 2017- Highest Ranking: #1 - November 27, 2018 ~READER REVIEWS~ "WOW" - StephanieSmith193 "I love you!! And I think you are v...
And Then She Was Gone Cerrah Quack

Про оборотней

112K 5.8K 140
A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control with lifelong secrets coming to light, ke...
158K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...