The Miner's Girl

By Angelnico1e

Parker Schnabel. Nicole Forrest. What happens when you move back to where you came from after seven years? Wh... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Our Cabin Photos
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106

Chapter 4

770 14 4
By Angelnico1e

(((November 10, 2015)))

If two people are meant to be together, they will find their way back to each other's arms, no matter what.

Parker's POV
We arrived at the beach, and she was smiling as she looked at me. I smiled and got out of the truck. She was grabbing her phone as I opened her door.

"What do you need your phone for?" I asked her. "Waiting for your boyfriend to text you?" I teased.

She gave me a look and set her phone back in the cup holder. "No. You ain't bringing your phone?"

"Nope. Seems like I get a hundred notifications a day. It aggravates me. I just want to sit on the rocks with you."

"Okay. Let's go." She got out of the truck, and we started walking.

We walked until we finally found a place to sit on the rocks. There was nobody there except for me and her. We sat down, and she sighed as she looked at the ocean. I tried looking at the ocean, but I found myself looking at her.

"This is awesome. It's like this is what I missed. The beaches back in North Carolina aren't like this." She said.

"I've missed having you here. Every time I came here with my friends or my girlfriend at the time, I thought of the times that we came here."

"We practically lived here. Every time we got the chance, we would get somebody to drive us here."

"And then we would ditch them and walk down the beach by ourselves." I smirked.

We laughed. "Yeah, we would. I've missed you too. But you could've came and saw me, you know." She nudged me.

"I know, but I never had the time, it seemed like. I mean, when I would travel, I usually went with someone else. I'm sorry that I didn't go see you. I'm glad you're here now."

"Me too."

"You missed out on high school here. We had some good times. You should've been here."

"Yeah, I went to high school at a Christian school. There was no dances, and there was stupid rules, and we couldn't wear pants. We had to wear uniforms." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"So you never got to go to a dance or prom?"

"Nope. But I remember that you were going to take me to your eighth grade prom." She smiled.

"Yeah, I was. I asked you and everything, even though it was like four months away. You almost went to my prom with me."

"Yeah, then I moved. I moved right after my birthday and Christmas."

"Yeah, you didn't even stay for New Year's."

"I wish I could've stayed here."

"You could've stayed with me. Mama would've let you stay at our house."

"Yeah, my dad would definitely go for that." She said sarcastically.

"Your dad loved me, what you talking bout?"

"He did love you; you were like his son. But he didn't like the fact that me and you were alone together so much. Mama and me had to convince him that there wasn't anything going on between me and you."

"We were little kids. What did he think was going on?" I laughed.

"I don't know. That's my dad for you."

"You were my first kiss, though."

"We were like five, Parker."

"It still counts."

"Oh, it does?"

"Yup." We laughed. "I have a confession to make."

"What?"

"I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend at prom. I had a little crush on you for a while before you left."

"Aw, little Parker liked me. We weren't even teenagers yet. Well, you were."

"I guess some things never change."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing." I shook my head and laughed.

"Parker, tell me."

"No."

"Tell me or I'm going to sit in the truck until you decide to leave or tell me."

"I still like you. I guess I've never stopped. And today when I saw you, I knew for sure that I had feelings for you still. After all these years and all of the girls that I've met, I want to be with you and only you." I held her hand. "You're the one that makes me happy."

Nicole's POV
He just said that he likes me and wants to be with me. Wow. I'm really speechless right now. He's holding my hand and looking into my eyes with his big brown eyes. He's smiling. He's giving me butterflies.

"I like you too, Parker. You make me happy. I'm so happy right now." I giggled.

"Nicole, will you be my girlfriend? It would make me the happiest guy around."

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

We were both smiling the biggest smiles ever. He let my hands go and wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck. He hugged me. We sat on the rocks while he had his arm around me, and I had my head on his chest.

"You know, I really wasn't planning on asking you today." Parker said after a while. "I was going to plan it for the right moment."

"This was perfect. We're here at our favorite place in the world, and you told me that you've always wanted me to be yours. How could it have gotten any better?"

"You really think it was special enough?"

"It couldn't have gotten better. You made me so happy today. I'm so glad I'm your girlfriend."

"I'm so glad I'm your boyfriend. You're my favorite girl."

"Aw."

"Mama sure is going to be happy." Parker chuckled. "She wants us to be together."

"Yeah, I know. She told me too." I smiled.

We sat on the rocks and talked while we watched the ocean, and the wind blew salt and sand in our hair. We stayed there for a while. Then he asked me if I wanted to go walk down the beach. I said sure, and we starting walking. He held my hand as we walked. There was never a dull moment the whole time. Parker is just the kind of person that you can talk to and have fun with all the time. We were at the beach when the sun set around 4:00, I guess. The sun sets fairly early in the Alaskan winter months. The sunset was so pretty. It was the first time in years that I had gotten to see an Alaskan sunset on the ocean. I was happy that I had gotten to spend it with him.

We decided that since it was getting dark, we would go back to his house.
***
He held my hand as we walked into his house. His mom, dad and Payson were sitting in the living room watching television. His mom smiled at me when we walked in.

"Everyone, I have an announcement to make." Parker said as we stood in the living room. Everyone looked at us and Parker said, "I would like you all to meet my girlfriend, Nicole." I giggled.

"Well, it's about time, Parker." Payson said.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you two!" Ms. Nancy said as she got up and gave us both a hug. "Isn't this great, Roger?"

"Yeah, but I think we all knew that it was going to happen eventually, though." Mr. Roger chuckled.

"I know right, Dad? They're acting like it's a big surprise. It's been obvious for years." Payson said.

"Oh, you two. I think it's great." Ms. Nancy said.

"Thanks, Mom." Parker said.

"Thanks, Ms. Nancy." I said.

We all sit in the living room and talked while we watched a show. Most of the time, we were all in different conversations, but Parker never let go of my hand, or he would wrap his arm around my shoulder. We laughed and joked around. I knew that this family was meant to be mine.
***
We ate dinner and made our way back in the living room again after dinner. We talked until it was about 8:30. Then I told them it was probably time for me to be getting home.

"Is your bed set up?" Parker asked.

"Well, no. I slept on the couch last night." I answered.

"How about I go set your bed up?" Parker offered.

"No, I'm fine. You're coming to help me tomorrow. I'm fine for tonight." I tried to convince him.

"I'll help you go set her bed up tonight, bro." Payson jumped in.

"Okay, thanks man. Come on, we'll take my truck." Parker said as they both got up and started going out the door.

"But guys--" They were already outside getting in his truck before I could say no. "Well, I guess they're leaving me, and I'm the one with a key." I laughed.

"They're like that. It's 'go go go' for them." Ms. Nancy smiled.

"Well, I guess I'd better go before they get there and break in the door." I joked.

"Come back tomorrow, okay, honey?" Ms. Nancy said as she gave me a hug.

"Okay, I will."

I gave Mr. Roger a hug bye and he said, "Bye, lil' bit. Keep them boys in line, especially that one of yours."

I laughed, "I will. Bye, y'all." I waved as I walked out the door, shutting it behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 63.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
205K 9.6K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
400K 24.2K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...