Unexpected Love || Harry Styl...

By clarity-

Meredith's perfect life turned upside down after her parents death meaning she had to move in with her older... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four (END)
SPECIAL AUTHOR'S NOTE (PLEASE READ!)
Extra | UN Fragment

Chapter Seven

40K 883 546
By clarity-

Meredith's P.O.V

I scrolled through all the comments I've gotten on the cover I did for "You Belong With Me." What's unbelievable was that it reached 5,000,000 viewers! Like what the fuck!?

When I first saw it, I screamed so loud that the neighbors came knocking on the door after like 2 minutes. It was funny though. 

Mr. Clain, the 80 year old man came and he was yelling at me. But the funny part was that he counldn't even say anything clearly. He had one of those things you put in your mouth when you are about to fight in a wrestling match. The disgusting part was when his saliva fell on our floor downstairs. 

Today is Thursday and I didn't go to school. I didn't go yesterday either. I have been crying all day yesterday and today I feel a bit better. I faked that I had a bad stomach ache and Lindsey bought it. I mean I can't lie for shit. 

I have been getting texts non-stop. From Liam, Niall, El, Dani, and Louis. I didn't write back to any of them. I can't lie to them and I can't tell them the truth so not writing to them was the only choice. After about 20 texts from all of them, I turned of my phone because every time it vibrated, I felt guilty. I have to explain a lot of shit when I see them. IF I see them. 

I don't know how long I can pull this 'sick' act and it's only been 2 days.

I tried so hard to forget Harry but every time Lindsey say something or I see something, they remind me of him. It's weird. Take the bed for example. Whenever I see the end of the bed, I remember he was sitting there. 

I think I'm going mad. 

Something inside of me wants to go outside and find Harry. I want to see him again but I was the one who said I didn't want to see his face again. I am such an idiot. But then the texts. 

It hasn't been a week that I met him and whenever I see him or think of him, I get weird feeling inside of me.

Was it that I fancied him?

It couldn't be that. I mean he is so far from my type but then again he is everything I wanted. Sure he has tattoos and piercings but that's what makes him, him. I can't imagine him without it. Not to even go to how attractive he is. He is hot, no questions. 

Okay I need help. I could call El or Dani but they will just ask questions. Maybe Lindsey can help.

I got off my bed and stretched. I have been sitting there all day, other then using the toilet or going downstairs to eat.

I put on my fuzzy slippers and went downstairs to find Lindsey watching the telly. I sat on the other end of the couch. Lindsey looked at me and put whatever she was watching on mute.

"Hey Meredith, feeling better?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied. "Um, Linds?"

"Yeah?" She said waiting for me to keep going. I fiddled with my fingers.

"Um well, can I talk to you about something?" I asked looking down. 

"Sure Meredith. What's up?" He questioned turned her whole body to me with her legs in a pretzel. 

"Okay, so there this guy...... at school....." I uttered.

Lindsey got a bit excited. "Really? Do you fancy him?!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know," I replied looking at her. Her excited face went to a confused look.

"What do you mean you don't know? Do you like the guy or not?" She asked.

"I don't know how to explain it. Whenever I see him, I feel something and I don't know what it is. I barely know him and well I don't know what to feel," I explained.

"How does he look like?" She asked softly. "Promise you won't get mad or tell Michael?" I asked.

"Okay,"

"He had curly hair....um.....green eyes. He has dimples," I smiled at the image of him in my head.

"Seems attractive, but why would I get mad?"

"Well um....how do I say this? He has tattoos and piercings....." I whispered. She stayed silent.

"Are you mad?" I asked.

"No, I mean well not really. People has tattoos and piercing for reasons Mere. Did you talk to him before?" She questioned.

"Yeah. We have to do this history project together...." I trailed off.

"Well that's good. Take this time to get to know him." She said.

"Okay. Thanks Linds, I'm going to go for a walk." I responded getting up.

"Okay, be back before dinner, Oh and tell me if something happens between you and this guy. Wait what is his name?" 

"Harry," I replied.

"Cute name," She said giving me a smile. I giggled.

I went upstairs to get dressed. I mean I can't go outside with pajamas on. Well I wish I could.

I went in my closet and found something comfy to wear. I let my hair out of it's bun so it was in waves. 

 I grabbed my phone to take but decided not to. I need peace.

When I was out the door, I felt the fall air hit me, making my hair blow back. It wasn't very cold but it wasn't warm enough to wear short sleeve. It was getting dark already and I can see the sky getting orange. 

I started walking along the pavement until I came across a playground. It wasn't a big one but it wasn't small either. I went on it. It was deserted but it's like 6 so people wouldn't be here.

I went to swing sets and sat down in one of the swings. I started swinging myself slowly. This is the time I get to think.

I couldn't exactly fancy Harry. I mean he could be a murderer. I mean would you really fancy a guy who killed your parents? But then again, I haven't called the cops on him yet. 

But he couldn't have killed them. I mean why would he kill someone and not get caught. But then again he could of taken them to an alley and killed them. But then how did people know they died?

This is so confusing. 

Plus I don't even know Harry. You can't just start liking someone who you barely know!

I was thinking so hard that I didn't even know someone sat in the swing next to me. I kept my head down, not wanting to see who it was. 

"Hey," The person said in a thick Cheshire accent. I already knew who it was. What does he want? I told him I didn't want to see him ever again but then again I was happy he was here and i get to see him.

I looked up to see him in a pair of skinny jeans and a purple Jack Wills hoddie. That was a bit weird because he always wore black and white. You could barely see his tattoos except the little ones on his hands and his neck.

His cheeks were a bit pink from the cold. His eyes were a bright green color. His lips were pink and it looked to soft. I had an urge to smash mines onto his but that would just be weird.

He gave me a smile. Yes a real smile. After all this time, I finally see him smile. He looked adorable. His dimples were visible and he just looked breath taking.

I was going to smile back but remembered I 'hated' him, so I looked back down to see the fall leaves on the ground.

"Hi," I breathed. I wanted to call him out for coming here and talking to me but at the same time was so happy that he actually came. 

"What are you thinking out?" He asked softly.

"Life, death, you," I didn't mean to say the last part out loud. He'll probably think I'm mad which I kind of am.

"You were thinking about me?" He asked amused. 

"I didn't mean-"

"It's okay. What were you thinking about me?" He cut me off. 

He was being like the day when he came and we were actually talking. Was he going to turn to his annoying rude self again? Well I hope not because I like this Harry. That made me smile for some reason.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked. I looked up to see he had his eyebrow raised making his eyebrow ring raise too. My smile was still present.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked. 

"Do you want me to be rude to you?" He chuckled. "No, I mean I like this Harry," I replied. The wind blew making my hair blow back again. He gave me a grin showing his white straight teeth.

"Can I ask you a question?" I questioned. He nodded.

"Did you kill my parents?" I asked not smiling anymore since there's nothing to smile about.  I stood up.

His grin fell and he looked away not making eye contact.

"I don't think this is a good time-"

"Please Harry. I need to know. This question has been haunting me since I saw those texts," I whispered.

"It's a long story Mere," He sighed. He used my nickname which made me smile but then it fell when I realized this wasn't the time.

"I have time. Harry please. I need to know if people has been lying to me about my own parents death," I uttered tearing slipping out of my eyes. He stood up and and stepped forward which made me step back of fear. I mean he could be the one who killed my parents. And now he can kill me. Fuck why the hell am I even here with him?

"I won't hurt you Meredith," He said. He walked forward and stopped when he was a few inches away. He brought his hands up and wiped my tears with his thumb. He put a strand of my hair behind my ear. I looked up to see his eyes filled with guilt and something else that I didn't know.

"I will tell you everything," He whispered caressing my cheeks. "But not here," He added.

"Then where?" I asked my voice cracking. 

"Tomorrow," He whispered. "Come to school," He added. I nodded. 

"Come on, let you walk you home. It's already dark," He said stepping back. I nodded. 

He grabbed my hand and we started walking back to my house. His hands were warm and soft and not how I expected. 

The walk was quick and silent. It wasn't a awkward silence, it was comforting. 

Look as me. I am holding hands with some murderer. This picture is so wrong but it feels so right.

Something in me says to trust Harry but the other says he's dangerous. I don't know which to choose. Stay with him and feel safe or avoid him and feel nothing.

When we reached my house, I turned around to face Harry when we were in front of the steps to the porch.

"Thank you Harry," I said softly. He gave me a smile which made me melt.

"What for?" He asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged making him chuckle. I let go of his hand which made me cold again. I was about to turn around when he grabbed my wrist and made me turn back to look at him. 

"Can I have your number?" He asked kind of nervous. Why was he nervous? Even though it was weird, it was a very look sight. 

"I don't have my phone with me," I said. 

"It's okay. Just give me your number and I'll text you," He replied giving me a cheeky smile.

"Okay," 

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed to me after putting in the pass code. So he decided to put a pass code now. 

I quickly put my phone number in his phone and gave it back to him. 

"Thanks," He uttered. I nodded and turned around but again, he grabbed my wrist and spun me around making me giggle. He chuckled before asking, "Do you hate me?"

"Why would I hate you?" I questioned.

"You know, your parents and I'm sure your mad and stuff," He explained.

"If I hated you and was that pissed at you then I would of called the police by now," I replied.

"So you don't hate me?" He tried to make it clear.

"Yes Harry. I don't hate you," I responded before getting on my tippy toes and kissing his jaw instead of his cheek since he was taller than me. I surprised myself and by the look on Harry's face, he was shocked too. 

"Um, I'll see you tomorrow," I said quickly before running up the stairs and opened the door which was unlocked and closing it behind me. I felt my lips my now fingers. I still felt his skin on my lips. If I was getting this feeling when I kissed his jaw then I wonder how it will feel if I kiss him on the lips. 

Wait wait wait! There is no way he was going to kiss me. We were just friends I guess. He happens to be my friend who probably killed my parents. That sound so wrong.

I was about to go upstairs but was scared shit less when I saw Lindsey standing in front of me here arms crossed. I could see that she was trying hard to not to show the smile that was trying to appear.

"Hey Lindsey," I said innocently.

"What happened out there?" She asked the corner of her lips going upwards.

"You saw!" I exclaimed. "Of course I saw! Was that him? The Harry guy?" She asked.

"Yeah," I replied knowing my cheeks were burning.

"He's pretty cute. You did a good job," She winked. "Linds, I don't like him," I replied sitting down on the sofa.

"Well why did you kiss him?" She asked smirking.

"It was just a peck on the cheek," I defended.

"Yeah, a peck on the jaw!" She laughed.

"Same thing and it wasn't my fault he was tall," I stated.

"Whatever, you guys make a good couple," She responded.

"Well thanks but we are just friends. Well I think," I uttered.

"Don't worry. It will start like this then you will go out then get married then have sex-"

"You are disgusting!" I yelled laughing and running upstairs. "It's noting to be ashamed of!" She yelled back. I could hear her laugh downstairs. 

I giggled and changed into my pajamas. 

After dinner with Lindsey since Michael had to work again late, surprise surprise.

I headed to bed. I pulled the duvet over my body and yawned. 

I turned my phone on, not even bothering to read the texts Dani and the gang send me. They probably gave up. I have to explain a lot of shit tomorrow. 

Sleep was about to take over me when I heard my phone vibrate. I groaned and checked seeing in was from an unknown person. 

I clicked the text and read it.

Goodnight. Sweet Dreams. xH. 

I smiled saving the number and then replying. 

Thanks, I'll have a good sleep tonight :P xMereBear

I was about to put my phone back on the night stand when it vibrated again.

Is it becasue of me?? xHazzaBear

I laughed at his nickname. I replied quickly.

Let me sleep! I'm tired. xMereBear

My phone vibrated no even 10 seconds after I replied. Wow this boy types fast.

Sorry Love. Goodnight. xHazza

He called me love. Oh my god! Why does it sound like I'm fangirling?

Night. See you tomorrow <3 xMere

I pressed send and put it on my nightstand. 

Finally! Sleep meet Meredith! Meredith meet Sleep!

And that's when I fell into a deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.4K 1.3K 62
it's just another day for mab. her days consist of seeing the same man stalking her. but she's never told anyone since she isn't bothered or scared b...
3.7K 72 38
Sometimes love just sneaks up on you and sometimes it's for the best. Sometimes though things go horribly wrong and you don't know which way to turn...
1.9K 2 23
Teagan can't wait for high school to be over. When she turns eighteen her best friends get her One Direction backstage passes and concert tickets. Th...
1.2K 13 21
Lauren, a normal girl, meets Harry and the rest of the boys at a signing. She always had a fancy for Harry, and it turns out that he starts to like h...