Those Perfect Flaws || ✓ || P...

By pialikesbands

#1 in Teen Fiction Blaze Ryder is everything Alaska feared. He is eyes and embraces and fallings stars, choc... More

Before You Read
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Appreciation Update.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Fun Facts + Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Alternate Ending?
Alternate Ending!

Chapter 29

6.4K 278 147
By pialikesbands

Date: 14th May, 2016.

I know there are a to of time leaps but it is what it is.

"Can't you see that I love you?"

BLAZE'S POV

Three weeks and four days later.

I sat in the uncomfortable chair, bouncing my leg up and down in anticipation. I couldn't help it, I was way too fidgety for my own good. The report that would reveal the criminal was due today, in a few hours actually, and I couldn't wait. I was sure that the emotions of anxiety and restlessness along with fear were largely writ on my face.

I checked my watch and saw I had a few more hours to kill before the report came back to Nov's parents and then they'd tell me. Seeing that sitting here was doing no good, I stood up and took off towards my car.

I unlocked the car and got in. I put the key in the ignition and the engine purred to life. My mind instantly flashed back to the first time Nov was in this car and how her eyes had lit up when the engine had roared to life. I covered my face with my hands and rubbed it. Cranking my neck, I ruffled my hair and drove away, my destination already in my mind.

As soon as I reached in the parking lot, I took three rounds of the entire lot, checking for an empty parking spot. After a lot of struggle, I found an open spot and I parked in without any further ado. I got off, locked the car and then walked in as if I owned the place.

I smiled a small smile at the receptionist, waved at her and she nodded at me in acknowledgement and returned the smile. I made my way around and took the stairs, into the hallway, greeting the staff as I walked. You could say I knew the entire staff by now that I spent most of my days here.

I opened the door as quietly as possible and saw Liam sitting at the same place he was this morning except now, he was bent over and had his arms crossed (acting as a pillow) and had his head resting on his arms.

I walked to the far corner of the room and sat down, observing the love of my life. For those of you who are confused, I am talking about November and not Liam.

I chuckled at my own silliness and questioned my own sanity.

Was I going insane?

Around half an hour later, Liam stirred awake and opened his eyes. His eyes were red and I knew what was up. He had been crying. Without saying a single syllable, I silently walked over to where he was and he stood up. I hugged him tight and we both stood there in the middle of the silent room, embracing each other for quite some time.

I let go and to be honest, I think the hug helped me more than it helped Liam.

He stood back and said, "Im going to get coffee." I nodded at him.

"You you want anything?" He asked me politely and I declined, shaking my head 'no'. My stomach was churning and I felt as if I would throw up anything I ate or drank. Nervous butterflies filled my stomach.

I took Liam's place and intertwined my fingers with hers. I stared at her face, memorising every single feature, every single detail. I wanted every part of her etched into my brain.

I could not wait for her to wake up.

Open your eyes, Nov. Just looking into your eyes makes me stop in my tracks and think about what to say next.

I could not take it anymore, I let go of her hand and stood up. I kissed her forehead, then her eyelids then both of her cheeks and then finally, her lips.

Still unresponsive as ever.

What did you think, Blaze? She'll get cured by your kiss? You know thats bullshit.

But I loved how her lips felt against mine so I pecked her lips again. And again. And again. A few seconds later, I sat back down and stroked her hair.

I miss you so much, baby. Wake up soon, now.

The door opened and I half expected Liam to walk in but it was Mr. and Mrs. White accompanied with Kyle. Without wasting a second, Kyle walked over and I stood up, offering my seat to him. Nov's parents followed his suit and I walked out, giving them privacy, and let them spend time with their unconscious daughter/sister.

I fell back into the chair outside Nov's room and shortly after, Liam came in holding two paper coffee cups and offered one to me. I shook my head 'no'.

His face hardened a bit and he jokingly shoved the cup in my direction. I took the cup from him, trying to spare him the trouble. Both of us were going through a lot, he didn't need to worry about me too.

I checked my watch again and soon, all the anxiety coming back in like waves crashing on the shore. Just an hour more.

"Since when do you wear a watch, dude?" Liam asked me curiously, but his voice had a teasing hint in it.

"Since I misplaced my phone and was least bothered to find it." I tossed him a smirk.

We talked for a while and opened up a bit. At this point, all we had was each other. A few minutes later, Liz walked in and demanded to see Nov.

Liam irritably told her off and I explained how her family was in there and she cooled off a little. We sat down and after a few seconds, the police walked in.

I sprinted in the room and called Nolan. The police came over and handed an envelope to him. "The report has come. We found fingerprints on the blade. We investigated further and found out that they belong to Liz Hale. The bracelet we found? It was hers too, her mother conformed it. She says it was gifted to Liz by Ms. Alaska."

Say what?!

"After further finding out, we discovered that this isn't the first crime here. She is involved in robbery and vandalism too. Drugs, too. However, this is the first time she is engaged in such a severe degree of crime."

All I saw was red. And Liam too. I could see it in his face and he looked murderous.

"Why?" He asked in such a hostile and cold tone and I saw Liz flinch. She was restrained by Liam. He had held her hands back and I am guessing because she tried to run away. He won't ever touch her willingly.

"I was tired. Tired of being ignored." She started. "Everyone always made everything about Alaska. They made her the centre of everyone's attraction. Everyone 'loved' her. Because of her, I always got ignored." Her voice became harsher after every word and I looked at her in disgust. "And hell broke loose when she started hanging out with Liam. I loved him and she got close with him. She was a slut." I wanted to hit her so bad right now.

I loathe her.

"So I thought, and thought a lot. So I decided to get rid of her." She laughed. "So here she is, on the verge of death like I always wanted."

I was so close to hitting her and I saw Liam tighten his hands around her and her face contoured into one of pain. I mentally thanked Liam, she deserved the pain.

The police cuffed her hands and took her from Liam.

"We aren't so sure about her mental health." Mr. Gill said. It was then I noticed he was there. "The way she talks, I don't think she's stable." He went into further details and I stopped thinking. I was trying so hard to control my anger and not hit her. Everything next was a blur and next I knew was there was a huge scene and Liz was bleeding from her nose and Liam had his fist bleeding too. He didn't regret it and I mentally noted to reminded myself to thank him a lot.

The police were taking Liz away and I wanted to tell her one thing so bad. I'd go to the jail and visit her, making her feel bad about herself and what she'd done but for now I just settled for a sentence.

"I hope you think of her and it fucks you up." I told her in a cold tone and everything around stopped.

They took her away and after a while, everything was back to calm and normal.

But no, I was not calm. There was a tornado of emotions swirling inside me which I couldn't control.

I angrily marched to the end of the hallway and punched the wall. I took a deep breath and leaned against the wall, calming myself down. After a few minutes, I walked over to where Liam was and sat down besides him.

"Thanks bro." I thanked him.

He immediately got it why and he shook his head, "No worries. I had to do it. As I told, she is a bitch and I'm glad we didn't trust her."

"I can't believe Nov's so called best friend did that to her." I said, shaking my fist a little.

"I know right? I can't imagine how Al will take it. I feel so fucking bad." He said.

"Me too, man. Me too."

We sat in silence and I asked Liam if he was getting charged for hitting Liz. He informed me that he was called in tomorrow morning and they would see. He told me he didn't regret it a bit.

Kyle came out after an hour and we sent him home with Meg. Liam and I went in and sat side by side. He held one of Nov's hand and I held the other.

All that was going through my mind was what Liz did and why. I wish she gets hell for it.

After a while, the heart monitor began beeping rapidly and before we could do anything, the line went flat.

I ran towards the reception and called the doctor. Instantly, she was taken to the operation room where she was given shock. I called up her parents and within minutes, they were there.

Half an hour later, the doctor came out with a grim face. "I'm sorry, we couldn't save her."

Weights mysteriously appeared on my chest which made it hard for me to breathe.

NO.

No. No. No. No. This cannot be happening.

"Please tell me you're kidding." I implored.

"I'm sorry." He said sympathetically and walked away.

I blocked out everything in fell to my knees. Tears started falling out of my eyes and I didn't know what was going on.

I walked out of the hospital and in the car. I drove away, my eyesight blurry and got home. I rushed into my room and fell on my bed.

I sobbed and sobbed and I don't know when I fell asleep with tears in my eyes and death in my heart.

____________________

Position: #1 in Teen Fiction

Please don't kill me. In the part after epilogue, I will explain everything. I'm sorry for killing Alaska :(

All the love,
Pia xx

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 127 26
In the midst of his teenage years, a 14-year-old high schooler found himself falling deeply in love for the very first time. However, there was a cat...
643K 14.3K 30
Maddie can't remember the last 2 years, but she knows Ethan is the handsome boy who's been haunting her dreams. Do they have an insta-spark, or a pas...
208 31 29
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
4.7K 95 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...