Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 92

675 26 3
By cliffordpunkrock

"Ashton. Carter."

My name was called out to me in my dreaming state and I nestled even more into the bed.

"Ashton. Carter." Someone then shook my shoulder and I whimpered, not wanting to be woken up.

"Ngh." Ashton's sigh sounded in my ear.

"Oh my God you two are worse than teenagers, wake up." I realised it to be Ann's voice.

I opened my eyes only to met with Ashton's chest from where my head was snuggled into and turned my head to the side to see Ann standing next to our bed.

"Ash wake up." I dropped my head back down.

"Five more minutes." He grumbled.

"No, we have to get up." I said and he let out a whine.

"We have to leave here in an hour and a half to make it to the ship on time, let's go you two. I will drag you both out of the bed don't think I won't." Ann threatened us.

"Well that's not very nice." Ashton groggily commented.

I sat up, Ashton's arms falling off me as I brushed my hair from my face.

"No." Ashton whined and pulled me back into him.

Ann rolled her eyes at this.

"Do I need to get a bucket of water to pour on you?" She crossed her arms.

"Nope, I'm up. I'm up." Ashton sat up quickly and I laughed.

"Well that worked." I giggled.

"Because I'll know she'll do it!" He exclaimed.

Ann left us so we could start getting dressed and a few minutes later Gracie ran into our room.

"Good morning baby girl!" Ashton gasped happily and caught her as she ran to him. "Mwuah mwuah mwuah mwuah mwuah." He attacked her face with kisses while she giggled.

"Hello sweet girl." I went over to her as Ashton lifted her up in his arms and gave her a kiss myself.

"Mommy." She reached out for me and I took her in my hold, hugging her to me tightly.

"Did you sleep good?" I moved her hair out of her face.

"Mhmm." Gracie nodded happily.

"Okay, well let's get dressed so we can go on the ship today." I told her and she clapped her hands together while I headed to the closet to pick out her outfit.

By the time I had decided on her white dress with the navy blue polka dots Ashton was already dressed in his signature skinny jeans and black shirt.

He dressed Gracie while I got ready myself and then we all headed to the bathroom where Ender was standing at the counter brushing his hair.

"You almost had water poured on you." He chuckled and pointed at me and Ashton.

"Well now I know what I'm going to do when you won't wake up in the morning." Ashton told him and Ender became wide eyed which caused me to laugh.

Once everyone's hair was fixed, teeth were brushed, my makeup was applied, and perfumes and colognes were sprayed, we headed to eat the breakfast that Ann had made.

When the food was scarfed down, Ender and Gracie went out to walk Bear while I grabbed Ashton's laptop and logged into our bank account.

"What are you doing?" Ashton asked me.

"Setting a spending limit on our cards." I replied.

"Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why won't you let me buy you gifts when I want to?

"Because next thing I know you're gonna be like 'Wow sex was great last night, I'm going to buy you a million dollar mansion'." I explained with an eye-roll, Ann snorting a laugh.

"If that's the case we'd be in a mound of debt and have a lot of freaking houses." He retorted.

"To much information." Ann held up her hands.

"Still," I looked at Ashton, "You may be used to spending a lot of money but I'm not. We need to be less careless. We have a house to pay for, a wedding to start saving for as well; you just can't spend $10,000 on a ring any time you feel like it."

"You should listen to your wife." Ann pointed at Ashton.

"Thanks mom." He rolled his eyes at her before turning to me. "Fine. I'll start cutting back on how much I spend."

"That's all I ask." I smiled up at him and he leaned down for a kiss.

As he kissed me my cheeks flared when I realised Ann had heard what I said about Ashton and I having sex.

"You're mom heard us talk about sex." I buried my head in Ashton's shoulder causing him to laugh.

"She knows we do it." He chuckled.

"Well the not so discreetly hidden box of condoms in your nightstand was kind of a giveaway." She commented, making me whine while Ashton giggled.

I leaned back, completely embarrassed and closed the computer before going to call the kids back inside.

Ashton began to take our two duffels out to Ann's SUV while I cleaned up the house and prepared for us to leave.

I was tidying up the living room when Gracie ran down the stairs with her dolls and tea set.

"Gracie, we're about to leave sweetie, go put your toys away." I told her.

"But I wanna play." She whined.

"I know that, but we have to leave soon and I need all of your toys put away."

"I wanna play." She whined, poking out her bottom lip.

"Gracie, don't start."

"What's going on?" Ashton's voice sounded throughout the house as he walked in.

"Someone is not listening." I folded my arms across my stomach.

"Gracie." Ashton gave her his stern "dad" look.

"Play!" She whined again, throwing her arms to the side.

"You can play and swim once we get on the boat, but right now I need you to put your toys away." I told her and she let out an upset cry.

"Gracie, do you need to go in timeout?" Ashton raised his eyebrows at her.

"No." She shook her head.

"Then stop crying, apologise to Mommy, then go put your toys away."

She sniffled and nodded before walking towards me, reaching up her arms.

"I sorry." She went to hug me.

"Thank you." I hugged her back and she then went to pick up her dolls to take them upstairs.

Ashton and I high-fived and I sighed as I walked into the kitchen, Ashton following me and I noticed Ann looking at us.

"What?" Ashton asked her.

"Nothing. I'm just very proud of you both." She smiled at us.

I leaned against the counter as I watched Gracie put her toys away.

"Love, your necklace is all twisted." Ashton moved forward from where he was leaning on the opposite counter and fixed the sea shell charm necklace around my neck.

"Oh that's pretty, when did you get that?" Ann commented.

"It's the necklace that Ashton got me for Christmas." I smiled.

"It's cute. It's very you." She smiled and I toyed with the chain around my neck.

When it was time to leave Ender hugged bear who Ann was going to stay at our home and look after, then we all made our way to the car.

I sat in the front seat with Ann while Ashton sat in the back with one of Gracie's books, helping her learn things like colours, letters, numbers, and animals.

"Okay, this is a lion." Ashton told Gracie and she nodded, slowly repeating the word.

"Daddy you lion, look!" Gracie pointed at the book excitedly and Ann, Ender, and myself busted into laughter.

"I'm not a lion!" Ashton exclaimed with a laugh.

"Mhmm!" She argued and I continued to crack up in the front seat.

"See, even Gracie agrees with me that you need a haircut." I laughed.

"Yes, you are beginning to look like a hobo." Ann commented and Ashton playfully narrowed his eyes at her.

"Hobo." Gracie repeated the word making us laugh again.

Once we were off the ferry, Ann continued to drive us to the pier where the cruise ship left from and got in line to drop us off.

She parked the car and we all got out, Ashton getting our bags while I had the kids give hugs to Ann.

"Bye bye Grandma." Gracie hugged her neck and Ann gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye my sweet little Gracie, be good for your Mommy and Daddy and make sure to tell them thank you for taking you on the cruise." Ann told her and Gracie nodded. "I love you."

"Love you Grandma." Gracie smiled and then moved to let Ender hug Ann.

"Bye." Ender hugged her.

"I'll see you when you get back. Have fun on the cruise." Ann smiled.

"Okay." Ender nodded.

Ashton and I gave Ann hugs as well and we turned to start walking to the ship when Ender turned around and ran back to Ann.

"Um...I was just wondering...if maybe I...could call you Grandma too?" He nervously asked Ann and I felt a surge of happiness, watching them with love in my eyes. Ashton took my hand in his, squeezing it as he watched the exchange as well.

"Ender of course you can call me Grandma, I would love that." Ann smiled widely and bent down to hug him.

"I love you Grandma." Ender hugged her back and I looked up at Ashton who was smiling at them.

"Oh I love you too Ender, very much." Ann kissed his cheek.

Ender came back over to us and Ashton placed a hand on his shoulder before we began to walk to the ship again.

It made me really happy that Ender had called Ann his Grandma. I think maybe he was starting to see that this was his family now, we weren't alone anymore.

Before we were able to go on the ship we had to go through security and check in.

We then walked up metal ramps on to the massive cruise ship, going inside and finding our room.

Ashton had booked a room on the back of the ship with a balcony on the eighth level and we traveled the hallway until we found it, Ender unlocking the door to let us in.

The room was fairly small but was enough space since we'd really only sleep in here. On one wall there was a ceiling high cabinet to hang clothes and then a long vanity with drawers and a mirror along with a small television.

On the opposite wall was the door to the bathroom that had the basic shower, sink, and toilet, then a sofa, and then a normal bed. But above the bed was a bunk like bed with a ladder.

On the back wall was a sliding glass door that led to a balcony that looked off the back of the ship.

We set down the duffels on the bed and Ashton and Ender went out to look off the balcony while I helped Gracie in the bathroom since it was different than the one we had at home.

Ashton came back in to start unpacking and I decided to join Ender on the balcony.

"I think that calling Ann Grandma was very sweet of you." I said to him as we watched seagulls fly around. "She loves you a lot, and I know that made her really happy. She's really excited to be a Grandma to you and Gracie."

He gave me a little smile but I could tell something was off.

"What's wrong bud?" I asked him and he sighed before going to sit down in one of the long deck chairs. I laid down on the other ready to listen to him.

"How do you always know?" He asked me and I chuckled.

"Because I know you like the back of my hand, and your face is easy to read."

He nodded.

"So tell me what's going on." I said and he frowned.

"You know how Gracie calls you and Ashton mom and dad, and then Ann Grandma? Well I wanted a grandma too, but I'll never have a mom and dad again."

My heart stopped.

He looked so dejected and heart broken.

"End come here." I opened my arms and he moved over to me, curling up in my arms.

"That's not true, you have me and Ashton."

"But I'm not your kid." He shook his head.

"But neither is Gracie, not biologically. And I heard you tell Ashton that he was like your dad." I ran my hand across his cheek.

"But I can't call you guys mom and dad, that would be weird."

"Babe." I sighed and hugged him to me.

"I just want a mom and dad too." He said, his voice breaking and I knew he was crying.

I held him tighter, trying to console him.

The sliding glass door opened and I looked to see Ashton walking out, confusion and concern on his face when he saw Ender crying.

"Hey, what's wrong bud?" Ashton came over and crouched down next to us, placing a hand on Ender's back.

"He's upset because Gracie has a mom and dad and he feels like he doesn't." I explained.

"Bud you know that's not true. You have me and Car." Ashton frowned.

"But you can't be my mom and dad." Ender cried.

"Well biologically we can't, but that doesn't mean we can't act like we're your parents." Ashton told him, rubbing his back. "What have I told you Ender, you're like a son to me. And I know I'm not your real dad and Carter is your sister, but that doesn't change the fact that I love you like you're my son."

"It's just not fair that Gracie gets parents and I don't." He sniffled.

"Well love, I mean..." I tried to think of how to make him feel better, "Ashton is legally your other guardian."

"He is?" Ender looked up.

"Yeah. When mom and dad died I became your legal guardian and when Ashton and I got engaged I had him put on your records as your other legal guardian. That's why he was able to check you out of school, because he's registered as your father."

"Really?" Ender looked to Ashton who nodded.

"See bud, you've got us. Legally you are mine and Carters, and it's going to stay that way okay? I don't want you to feel like you're not our kid because you are." Ashton told him and Ender nodded, wiping under his eyes.

"Come here bud." Ashton said and Ender sat up and moved into Ashton's arms so he could hug him.

Ashton rested his head on Ender's and gave him a tight squeeze before letting him go.

I then moved in to hug Ender, kissing his forehead and giving him a smile.

"I love you." I thumbed at his cheek to make him smile and he did.

"I love you too." He gave me his cheeky little grin.

"Okay, now let's go hit the pool and have an amazing family vacation." I winked and we stood up to go inside with Gracie.

Everyone changed into their swimsuits and cover ups before we headed out to the upper deck where there was a large pool for adults and a smaller one for kids along with hot tubs, bars, plenty of deck chairs, and also a large television screen like in the theatres.

Ashton grabbed us some deck chairs that we laid our towels on and I began to put sunscreen on both Ender and Gracie before watching them run over to the kiddy pool.

Gracie squealed and laughed as she splashed around in the water, Ashton and I watching her.

"So are you happy?" Ashton blurted out as he sat next to me.

"What do you mean?" I laughed, confused by his question.

"Like in our relationship, in our life...are you happy?"

"Yes, I'm very happy. Why are you asking?" I smiled at him.

"I just want to make sure I'm doing my job as your fiancé and keeping you happy." He shrugged.

"Well you are doing an excellent job." I winked at him. "And what about me? Am I doing my job as your fiancé and keeping you happy?"

"You make me more than happy baby." Ashton reached out to take my hands.

"Okay then my happy fiancé, let's go swim with our kids." I leaned forward to kiss him several times and he grinned.

"Let's go love." He stood and pulled me up with him and we walked over to join the kids at the pool.

I got in the water with Gracie and began to play with her, watching her try and swim around in the shallow water.

Ashton and Ender were sitting on the steps and Gracie and I swam over to them, laying down on our stomachs to talk to them.

"Here smile." Ashton took out his phone and Gracie and I moved closer together so he could take our picture.

Some other little kids came over to the kiddy pool so we let our kids go play with them while Ashton and I went to lay in our chairs.

"Okay I know that we didn't actually make her, but you have to admit, Gracie does kinda look like us." Ashton said.

We had moved our chairs together and I looked  over to see the photo he had taken of us.

He was right.

In her facial structure you could see it was very similar to me and Ender, but the way her eyes were set she looked like Ashton. Despite the fact that her hair was brown and so were her eyes, you could just tell that she was related to me. I focused on her smile that seemed to mimic Ashton's as well.

"She does." I chuckled.

"It's the cutest thing, the way you smile she'll do it the same way, or different facial expressions that you make she will do them too." He spoke as he posted the photo of us to Instagram.

"Well she takes after your personality. She is very cheerful and friendly. She's very caring like you as well. Just like little things she will say or do remind me of you." I leaned my head onto his chest.

"It just really makes me think that she was sent to us for a reason, that we were always meant to be her parents." He said and I smiled.

"I agree."

"I love our kids." He smiled as he leaned his head on mine.

"I love them too." I snuggled myself into him, relaxing as I watched my little Ender and Gracie play in the pool.

I let them play for a little longer before having them get out of the water.

We wrapped them in their towels and then headed back to our room so we could change into our dry clothes and I put Gracie's hair in a bun after she saw me do mine that way.

Ashton carried Gracie as we went to go eat lunch, and helped her pick out what she wanted to eat before we all sat down.

"Okay, so what do you guys want to do for the rest of today? We can go explore the ship, there's an arcade, there's an ice skating rink, and they are having a show in the theatre tonight that we can go to." Ashton suggested after we had finished eating.

"That sounds fun. Why don't we just go exploring and see what we want to do, maybe we'll find something cool." I shrugged and he nodded.

"Exploring it is then, let's go!" He said excitedly and we left the buffet to go explore.

Ashton and I switched off carrying Gracie as we walked around the entire ship and ended up playing a round of mini golf as the ship took off and watched it from the bow.

They had a basketball court that we played on for a bit and then went inside to the arcade where Ender had a blast.

Ashton had gone to look at a map and hurried back to tell us that we were about to pass by Haven Harbour so the four of us rushed to the side of the ship our island was on so we could see.

"Oh look there it is!" Ender pointed as we saw the edge of the island come into view.

We watched as we passed by Haven Harbour and I could see the marina and also our house.

"Look Gracie, that's our house!" Ashton was holding up the little girl in his arms and pointing it out so she could see.

"That's our house?" She asked him.

"Mhmm. That is our house right there in front by the boat. Do you see?" He pointed it out again and she nodded. "Wave to Grandma and Bear!"

Gracie waved her hand and I took her picture before we headed back inside so I could get everyone ready for dinner.

In our room I put Gracie's hair into French braids and put her back in her dress before fixing my makeup and hair and putting on a white sundress.

Ashton chose a navy blue button down for Ender along with his khaki shorts while Ashton threw a blazer over his shirt and we all headed to the dining room.

It was three levels with a massive chandelier in the centre of the room. Along the walls were portholes where you could see the ocean, and all of the tables were covered with white table cloths and fine china.

A waiter led us to our table where Ashton sat next to Gracie while I sat next to Ender.

Throughout dinner I couldn't help but smile at how amazing it felt to be on an actual family vacation. I was so excited to spend this time with my family without worrying about anything, just having fun.

But I couldn't help but want to get home so I could give Ashton and Gracie their surprise.

I was very happy I had kept it from him, because literally everyone of our family and friends knew about it.

Once we were done with dinner and Ashton had wiped macaroni and cheese off of Gracie's face, we stood up to leave and knowing me well and probably noticing the goose bumps on my arm, Ashton shrugged off his jacket before sliding it up my arms to keep me warm.

We ended our evening going to the show in the theatre where Gracie fell asleep after excitedly jumping and dancing while the people danced and sang on stage.

She slept in my lap the rest of the show and I carried the sleeping child back to our room where Ashton and I got her out of her dress and into her pyjamas before putting her to bed on the little sofa.

Ender changed in the bathroom so Ashton and I could change in the main room and then the three of us went to bed.

Despite the dark, Ashton's warm arms around me, and the feel of the boat rocking, I couldn't sleep.

"Can't sleep?" Ashton asked into the darkness after a bit of time had passed.

"No." I sighed.

"Are you just not tired?"

"I don't know."

"What's on your mind, babe?" He squeezed my waist.

"I'm just really happy right now...like I just can't believe that this is my life. Just since you showed up in our lives everything has changed so quickly but changed for the better and it's just so hard to believe any of this is real. I feel like I'm going to wake up from a dream or something and I don't want to." I rambled, not really knowing what I was saying.

Ashton moved so that he was hovering over my body with his own and I placed my hands on his back while his rested on each side of my face.

"Well I can assure that this is plenty real, and I know what you mean. Since I met you I've changed a lot too, but it's definitely for the better." He spoke before pressing a light kiss to my nose.

"I'm really excited for tour." I rubbed my hands up and down his back.

"Me too. I can't wait to introduce you to my friends and have you there to see the shows. It will be like a whole new chapter for us."

"I like the sound of that." I bit my lip as I smiled up at him and he moved down to kiss me.

Deciding to be a tease I slid my hands beneath his boxers before snapping the elastic band against his skin.

"Wow." He rolled his eyes as he shook his head.

"Ew." I heard the sound of Ender's voice, Ash and I both sitting up.

"What?" I asked as he looked over the side of his bunk.

"You just touched his butt." Ender made a gross face.

"Oh my God." I rolled my eyes as Ashton giggled and I flopped back down into the blankets. "I've touched more than that." I mumbled.

"Now who's being inappropriate." Ashton smirked at me and I stuck out my tongue at him.

Ashton went back to cuddling me and I was close to falling asleep when I heard what sounded like Gracie talking.

I laid there for a moment just listening before I felt Ashton lift his head and I did the same.

We both sat up to see her perfectly still and asleep but we heard the mumbles coming from her mouth.

Ashton stood up and grabbed his phone while I followed him and we crept over to Gracie.

Her eyes were closed and she looked fast asleep but she moved her lips and what sounded like "Mommy" escaped them.

"Oh my gosh she's talking in her sleep!" Ashton whispered excitedly and pulled out his phone, ready to video her.

We watched as she turned her head to the side and mumbled "Mermaid."

She continued to say things like Ender, fairy, car, daddy, chicken, Grandma, and mommy before she moved her thumb to her mouth.

"I think that was the cutest thing I have ever seen." I said as I leaned in to kiss her cheek and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"Well I know where she gets her cuteness from...me." Ashton said as we got back in bed and I reached over to playfully smack his arm while he giggled his adorable laugh.

He sent the video of Gracie to Ann before putting his phone back on the charger and letting me curl into him and get situated before he wrapped his arms around me, kissed my forehead, and told me he loved me, the two of us blissfully falling asleep.

--

Yay new chapter!

Sorry it took so long, I accidentally deleted my first draft and then didn't like the second one and finally managed to complete this one.

I'll be publishing the new book so you guys can add it to your libraries and I'll also post the prologue to it as well!

As always, comment and vote if you'd like and I'll have the next part up soon (I promise)!

Much love xx -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 21 40
A story in which Naomi Irwin, a 16 year old cheerleader with depression, finds love in her next door neighbor
156K 4.8K 52
Ally hasn't seen Michael in a year. And they are about to meet again. Will the feelings they had for each other spark into another relationship after...
480K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
31K 1K 61
When 20 year old Alyssa receives a letter telling her that she is Ashton Irwin's long lost twin sister, her life changes forever. As she meets the ba...