Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 90

643 28 2
By cliffordpunkrock

"Okay, we are going present shopping for Mothers Day, we'll be back in a bit." Ashton said as he stomped down the steps with his phone in hand.

"Okay." I smiled, looking over the back of the couch.

"Love you." He leaned over to give me a very lovely kiss that left a tingly sensation throughout my body even after we had broken the kiss.

"Love you too." I smiled at him and he sent me a wink.

Gracie skipped around the sofa to hug me before going back over to Ashton who was grabbing his wallet and keys.

"Bye." I waved as Ashton, Ender, and Gracie walked out the front door.

Since they were out shopping I decided to get a few things done around the house.

I headed upstairs and gathered all the dirty laundry from the baskets to start washing.

After that I did the dishes and then cleaned out the refrigerator and pantry.

Once that was complete I decided to take advantage of the alone time and let myself relax. I turned on the cooking channel and lounged on the sofa, scrolling through the apps on my phone to pass the time.

On Instagram I didn't see much since I only followed six people and I switched over to Twitter instead.

Ashton's account was a hub of activity as always and I began to scroll down the page looking at everything.

A ways down I came across an update account that had tweeted out a link to an article, saying it was about Ann talking about me and Ashton.
Ashton had mentioned something about that the other day and I figured I might as well read it.

ASHTON IRWIN'S MOTHER SPEAKS OUT ON HER SONS SUDDEN ENGAGEMENT

Everyone is still abuzz about Ashton Irwin's quick engagement to his fiancé Carter Chase after the couple dated for only five months.

Many of  Irwin's friends have spoken about his new love interest, his band mates complimenting Carter over and over again, but many have been wondering about his mother's, Ann Irwin, opinion on her son getting engaged at the age of 20 after only knowing the girl for a few months.

We were able to sit down with Ann who gave us the tell all scoop on Ashton and Carters romance.

:When did Ashton first tell you about Carter?

-Ashton called me one day at the beginning of summer while he was on holiday with the boys, and he called and said 'Mom I think I've found the love of my life.' And I was like 'Oh that's great, I didn't know you were dating.' And he goes 'I'm not, I  just met her today.' I just kind of laughed at him and told him that he needed to get to know her first before he could say that, and he called me two weeks later and said 'I've asked Carter to be my girlfriend and she said yes. I've got a really great feeling about this, I think she's the one.' And I kept telling him to wait a little bit but he was so insistent and seemed so excited and I couldn't help but be excited for him as well.

: When you met Carter, what was your first impression of her?

-Before I met Carter I didn't know a lot about her. Ashton had only told me that she had a little brother named Ender and her parents had passed away when she was little and she had cared for her brother on her own. He said she ran a business and was a bit shy but was the sweetest girl he had ever met. I had talked to her several times on the phone before she came to visit us in Sydney with Ender but didn't know what she looked like or anything. So when I first saw her I could totally see why Ashton was attracted to her because she really is a beautiful girl. But my first impression of her just by us having dinner together, just her and I, was that she was a very strong girl and very mature for her age, at the time I met her she was 18. She had been through a lot but was very humble and sweet, she is also very intelligent and funny. She had it all and I could so see that Ashton had chosen an amazing girl.

:What was it like for you when you first saw Ashton and Carter together?

-It was very heartwarming. I could just tell by the way he hugged her when he arrived that he was totally in love with her. He held her like she was the most precious thing in the world and to him she is, and it is a beautiful thing to see your child find the person they are going to spend the rest of their life with.

: You were there when Carter was in the hospital the first time, could you tell us what that was like from your standpoint?

-Yes, it was very sad. Ashton had called me saying he couldn't get ahold of Carter and was worried, and when I phoned she didn't answer as well. It wasn't until two days later that Ashton called to say she was at a hospital in Sydney. She had been missing for almost three days and when they found her they had to helicopter her to the emergency room. Ashton was in London and was trying to get back but it was difficult because of the tour, so I was there with her the entire time, and it was just heartbreaking because she was scared and Ender was scared and we didn't know how serious her head injury was. It was just very sad as well to see Ashton so panicked and worried until he was able to get there and be with her.

: How did Carter and Ashton's relationship change when Gracie arrived?

-Well when she arrived they had been together for maybe three to four months, and Ashton basically lived at Carters house once the UK tour ended so he could be there to help out. Carter and Ashton started raising Gracie together from the get go, and he was so excited about it. Their relationship definitely became more serious at that point because now they had a little girl who was calling them Mommy and Daddy and was relying on them to physically, mentally, and financially take care of her and be the parents she didn't have anymore.

: How would you describe your relationship with both Ender and Gracie?

- I am just overjoyed to have them be a part of this family. Ender is such a fun spirited little boy and it's just always a great time when you're with him. He is very charismatic, charming like his sister, and he also really looks up to Ashton like an older brother or father, and I know Ashton loves him so much. Gracie is a very sweet, joyful, and adorable little girl. She is always giggling and smiling, and loves being cuddled and kissed. She will cry if Ashton and Carter aren't there to tuck her in or hold her when she wakes up in the morning. She is very attached to them as they are to her. Ender and Gracie are like my first grandchildren so I'm very excited to be their grandma and I love them both dearly.

: Did you know Ashton was going to propose to Carter, and what was your reaction when he did?

- Well I always knew Ashton was going to ask Carter to marry him. He had discussed it with me several times and had made a few plans and started saving for a ring, but he was waiting for their relationship to get a little farther along before popping the question. But I guess he just couldn't wait any longer. When they called and told me they were engaged I was definitely surprised that it had happened so soon, but I wasn't surprised that it had happened. They are very much in love and it was obvious they were going to get married one day, they are just meant to be.

: Has Ashton changed since he's been with Carter?

- Yes, but he's definitely changed for the better. He's a much happier person now. He's become much more mature and has really taken on this new persona of a husband and a father. He's very protective of Carter and the kids and has become a much more responsible and serious person.

: You obviously heard about what Ashton's ex-girlfriend, Jenna Taylor, said about Carter. What is your response to what Jenna said?

- You know, there's a reason you never hear anyone say a bad thing about Carter, and that's because there simply isn't a bad thing to say. Jenna's claims were false, rude, and simply horrendous. They don't even know each other, they've never even met, so Jenna definitely had no room to say anything about Carter. I am very proud of the way Carter handled herself in the situation, she is a very wise girl who doesn't want to be involved with that childish drama.

: Do you think Carter and Jenna will ever become friends?

- I personally don't think so. Carter will always be polite and civil towards her because that is just her personality. Even after the rude things Jenna had said about her, Carter never said a bad word about her, it's just not in her to say negative things to people about the ones who may verbally attack her, not even to Ashton. But as for friendship, I don't believe Carters friends and our family would allow that to happen. She has a lot of people who will defend her and protect her until the end of time, and we will always be here for her.

: Could you describe Ashton and Carters present day relationship after the engagement?

- Yes, they are both extremely happy. They have moved in together and have done all of the things that a normal couple would do in order to become a well supported, financially stable, and happy family. They've created a very loving home for Gracie and Ender and are excited to start their life together. I think Ashton has reached that point where he is ready to settle down and start building his life and family with Carter.

: What is your relationship like with Carter?

- It's lovely. I'm very excited and proud that she is now a part of my life and that she is the woman my son is going to marry. She is everything and more than I always wanted for him, and she just makes him so happy; Carter is the girl of Ashton's dreams. The fact that I get to be her mother-in-law is so amazing, because I know anyone would be overly proud to have Carter as a daughter, and her mother would be so proud of the woman her little girl has become. I hope to be a great mother to Carter and grandma to Ender and Gracie, and I'm more than happy to welcome them into the Irwin family. I love them all very much.
Ashton and Carter definitely have Ann's seal of approval.

There is obviously a lot of love in the Irwin family and we wish Ashton and Carter all the happiness in the world.

I dabbed underneath my eyes and sniffled as I finished reading the article.

Ann was so sweet, and made me feel so welcome and loved.

I fanned at my eyes to dry them and decided to send Ann a message.

'Thank you so much for always supporting and believing in me and Ashton. I am so grateful for the love and hospitality you have shown us. I am excited to see you tomorrow and I'm so glad we are able to spend Mother's Day with you.'

After I sent the message I laid down on the sofa, curling up with the blanket.

My eyes were closed and I had dozed off for a few minutes when the ringing of my phone next to my ear woke me.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"You okay?" Ashton's voice asked me.

"Yeah, I was just napping." I explained, laying my head back down and I heard him laugh.

"You're such a dork. I just needed your opinion on what to get my mom, I was thinking either a massage or a gift card to her favourite store."

"Do the massage." I said.

"Okay. Well have fun napping. We'll be home in a bit."

"Mkay." I hummed.

"Love you." He giggled.

"Love you too." I smiled sleepily before he hung up and I went back to my nap.

I was woken up later by the sound of the front door opening and the voices and footsteps of my family filling the room.

"Hey there sleepy head, did you have a nice nap?" Ashton asked, coming around the sofa as I rolled over.

"Mhmm." I nodded.

Sitting up, Ashton came to sit next to me and pulled me into his lap.

I took my phone into my hands and saw that Ann had texted me back.

'You are so sweet! I always knew you were the one for Ashton. I'm very excited to see you too!'

"So that article your mom did about us was really nice." I leaned my head against Ashton's neck.

"You read it?" He chuckled.

"Yeah. It made me cry."

"Aww." He giggled.

I pressed a kiss right underneath his jaw and he smiled widely.

"Come on." He pulled out his phone and held it up in front of us.

"No." I whined, giggling as I hid my face in his neck.

"Just one picture." He laughed.

"No." I shook my head.

"Okay, fine I put it away." He said and I raised my head only to see him recording the whole thing.

"Why?" I laughed, dropping my head into his neck again.

I figured he had put the phone away when his other arm came around me and laid me down on the sofa with him on top of me.

"I love you." He rubbed his nose against mine.

"I love you too." I tilted up my chin to kiss him.

He finally rolled off of me and I went upstairs, looking into Ender's room where he was picking through his clothes and I went to assist.

"Oh, try the light green one."

I was sitting on Ender's bed, helping him pick out an outfit to wear on his first date.

We had settled on khaki shorts but were having trouble deciding on the shirt.

"I can't tell if I like the blue one or the green one better." I thought aloud.

"I say Green." Ender decided.

"Alright, let's go fix your hair then." I said and we headed to the bathroom where I proceeded to attempt to flatten the cowlick on the back of his head.

"You need a haircut, you're starting to look like Ashton." I chuckled as I tugged on a lock of his hair.

"I heard that." Ashton's voice came from our bedroom and Ender and I both burst into giggles.

After his hair was fixed he brushed his teeth and then Ashton let him borrow his cologne.

"Okay I'll go get dressed real quick." I smiled at how nice Ender looked and hurried into the bedroom to change clothes, Ashton coming in to do the same.

"So I need a hair cut huh?" He said as I was currently bra-less and searching for my black one to go under the shirt I was going to wear.

"It's not bad, it's just getting a little long." I shrugged.

"I thought you liked it long." He moved closer to me. "So that way you can feel it tickling the inside of your legs while my heads between your thighs." He placed a hand on my waist.

"Maybe just a little." I blushed.

Ashton smirked at me before leaning to capture my lips in a very sensual kiss that left me breathless.

I hurried to get dressed after that and went downstairs to get Gracie's shoes on so we could leave.

"Let's go!" I called up the stairs and Ashton and Ender came down, Ash grabbing his wallet and keys so we could get in the car.

"Okay so like what are you going to do when you see her? Are you going to hug her or just be like 'hey what's up'?" I questioned Ender on the drive there.

"I don't know? What should I do?" He looked panicked.

"You should hug her that would be so cute." I awed.

"You're not going to sit on the same row as us are you?" He asked.

"No. We will sit a few rows behind." I assured him.

I dug through my wallet and handed him money to buy snacks and tickets for himself and Chloe.

When we arrived at the movie theatre I had Ender stand in front of the sign so I could take his picture before Chloe got there as to not "embarrass" him.

Being the proud big sister I was, I shared it on my Instagram.

'It seems like yesterday I was wiping baby food from your face and now here you are going on your first date. Stop growing up and stay my little brother forever!'

Ashton also shared a photo of him helping fix Ender's shirt collar.

'Helping my little man get ready for his first date. Why do they have to grow up so fast?'

We waited for another minute or two until a car pulled up and a woman with blonde curled hair stepped out of the vehicle along with her daughter who also had super curly blonde hair.

The little girl Chloe was wearing a light blue dress that matched her eyes and I could see a blush forming on Ender's cheeks.

I stepped forward to introduce myself.

"Hi Rhonda, I'm Carter." I shook the mothers hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm glad we were able to do this, Chloe talks about Ender all the time." She smiled.

"Mom!" Chloe looked up at her mother embarrassed.

I laughed.

"You must be Chloe. It's nice to meet you." I smiled at the girl who smiled back up at me.

"This is my fiancé Ashton." I introduced Ashton who shook Rhonda's hand as well. "And our daughter Gracie."

"Nice to meet you both." Rhonda smiled.

"Alright, is nine a good time to pick her up?"

"Of course. We'll be here." I said and she said goodbye to her daughter before going to her car.

"Okay, Ash and I will go ahead with Gracie, and we'll see you guys later." I said to the two eleven-year-olds and Ender nodded at me.

I took Gracie's hand and we walked inside with Ashton where we bought our tickets and snacks and headed to our theatre to find a seat.

We sat in the back row and I kept an eye on the door for when Ender and Chloe entered. I smiled when I saw him hold the door for her and they found their seat towards the front.

"I taught him that." Ashton leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"Well he's learning from the best." I smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips.

Gracie was sat in my lap eating popcorn from the bag in Ashton's lap.

"You have butter all over your face." Ashton chuckled and wiped her mouth with a napkin along with her hands.

When the lights dimmed I had to remind Gracie to be quiet and the movie started. I had chosen something PG rated so it was appropriate for Gracie to watch.

I kept glancing towards Ender and Chloe throughout the entire movie, wanting to see how it was going.

Once the popcorn was finished we set the bag on the floor and Gracie crawled over to Ashton's lap to sit.

Midway through the movie she reached for his drink and he rushed to hold it for her so she didn't spill while she sipped from the straw and I managed to get a photo.

When the movie ended we waited until Ender and Chloe had left before joining them outside.

"Here, we still have fifteen minutes till Chloe's mom gets here, why don't you go get some ice cream." Ashton handed Ender a ten and the two walked across the street.

"They're so cute." I giggled as I watched them through the window and Ashton laughed.

They came back and ate their ice cream on a bench a little bit away from us until Rhonda Marks pulled up.

I watched as Ender walked her over to the car, hugged her, and then paused before kissing her on the cheek.

"Aw." I put my hands over my mouth, Ashton chuckling at my reaction of how adorable it was.

Ender waved as Chloe left in the car and then walked back over to us.

"I just want you to know," I crouched down in front of my little brother, "That I am very proud of the young man you've become and I know mom and dad would be too."

"Thanks, Car." He cheekily smiled and I hugged him before we all got back in the car to head back home.

My little brother was growing up so fast, but I was glad I was able to see him grow up into the extraordinary person he was.

--

Aw:)

It was fun to write Ann's point of view on Ashton and Carters relationship.

Anyways, I'll have the next part up soon!
As always, comment and vote if you'd like!

Much love xx -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 48 13
'It's the worst feeling. You know, having to leave your family behind in a ship being shot down and go off with your best friend to find safety. But...
20.8K 514 43
17 year old Rebecca Hayes finds out she's adopted and tryes to find her birth parents. On her little journey she finds out she has a brother who is i...
305 31 8
"We're going to Australia." "Seriously?" Delilah is shocked that she is going to Australia for one of her dad's business trip. For the short month...
841 70 36
It's summer and all I wanted to do is spend my days at the camp. Except that my cousin - who I haven't even met yet - decided to get married and I wa...