Unexpected Love || Harry Styl...

By clarity-

Meredith's perfect life turned upside down after her parents death meaning she had to move in with her older... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four (END)
SPECIAL AUTHOR'S NOTE (PLEASE READ!)
Extra | UN Fragment

Chapter Five

44.6K 926 685
By clarity-

Meredith's P.O.V

So lunch went better then I expected. Dani and El did a great job cheering me up! It was really fun though. Niall had a fit when we told him we went to Nando's which now I learned was his favorite place. Louis and I are good. We decided not to bring up this morning. It was for the good. 

No one asked me about this morning which was a very good thing. I don't want to play 20 questions about this morning. 

Speaking of mornings, I haven't seen Harry all day. It should probably be a good thing but something inside of me just wanted to see him. I know I shouldn't, but I feel guilty for snapping at him and all but he seriously hurt my feelings. He called me useless and a bitch. I fucking cried about it!

El let me use some of her makeup so people couldn't see the red and puffy eyes and shit like that.

The rest of school day went good, I guess. Right now is History. The last period. 

I can't wait to go home and sleep. Everything that happened this morning has really made me tired. Should I tell Michael about our parents and how I saw them? But then he'll think I've gone mad which I think I have. 

I made my way into the History class room to see Zayn sitting in the second to last row. I smiled and gave him a wave which then he did the same. I never noticed him in this class but then again this is my second day.

I went on and sat behind him in the very back. He turned around and gave me a slight grin.

"What's up Meredith?" He winked. 

"Hello Zayn," I giggled. He chuckled.

"Where were you at lunch?" He asked.

"Oh, Danielle, Eleanor and I went out to eat," I guiltily replied. "Oooooo, someones breaking the rules," He cooed.

"Shut up. It's not like you never broke school rules," I laughed. 

"You are not wrong. I have broke school rules before. A lot of them actually," He replied.

"Have you cut classes before?" I questioned. "Plenty of times," He answered like it was nothing.

"Then why bother even coming to school?" I asked giggling. He just shrugged.

"Hey Zayn!" A guy with dirty blonde hair came over and sat next to Zayn.

"Sup Dave," Zayn greeted. The 'guy' whose name is Dave I guess looked at me. He smirked and then winked.

"Pretty hot one Malik," Dave laughed. He was one of those jocks Harry and Zayn hang out with. It's not surprising how he's perverted.

"Leave her alone Dave," Zayn sighed. 

"It's okay Zayn. You can have her," Dave smirked at me. "For now," He added then left to join his other friends in the corner.

"Sorry about him," Zayn muttered. "It's okay. It's not surprising," I answered.

"It's not." I repeated.

"How come?"

"It runs in your group right? You all are perverted," I responded.

"Perverted? I'm hurt," He put his hand on his chest. I laughed.

"I really don't like being with them actually," He stated. I gave him a questioning look. "All they do is hit on girls and when they worked their charms on them, they have in and out and then the guys leave them. Sort of like one night stands," He explained.

"In and out?" I asked confused.

"You know sex," He whispered. I bursted out laughing. "What?" He asked chuckling.

"That's what you call it?" I asked between laughs. He didn't answer, he just laughed with me.

Harry entered the room and Zayn and I stopped laughing. His eyes met mines but I looked away, knowing it would hurt more if I even looked at him. 

He sat down next to Zayn and they started chattering about god knows what. I wasn't listening to their conversation. I was only staring at the side of Harry's face. 

The teacher came in moments later and started with the lesson. 

All I heard was project, World War II and essay. So we had to do an Essay/project sort of thing about World War II. Simple I guess but I was proved wrong when she started calling out names. 

We had to work with a partner!?

No. No. No.

One thing I know about these partner projects were that I end up with someone I dislike the most.

"Jenna and Dave," The teacher called. At least the pervert is out. I would rather slam my face with a car door then go through that.

The last people were Zayn, me, Harry, two girls named Haley and Sam and a guy named Jason.

Since the teacher was pairing up boys with girls, I would end up with Jason, Harry or Zayn.

Jason looked like a nice guy. I didn't want to end up with Harry obviously. We hate each other's guts. Well, he hates my guts and I....... 

Anyone but Harry. Anyone but Harry. Anyone but Harry.

"Zayn with Haley. Jason with Sam and Harry you are with Meredith," The teacher exclaimed.

I mentally face palmed. 

Why always him!? 

Why does God hate me so much?

What did I do to deserve this?

The rest of the class was spent with the teacher babbling about the project. We had a week to finish it and so that means I have to spend time with Harry for a whole fucking week!

He didn't turn around to even look at me. He barely even peeped. So he's doing the silent game now!

When the bell rang, I made my way to my locker. I was happier than Mr. Happy Rabbit, if he exist!

When I shut my locker, I almost had a heart attack. There he was leaning on the locker beside mines. He stood up straight but didn't make eye contact with me.

"I'll come by your house so we can start on the stupid project," He muttered and went on with his life not even saying good-bye. 

Wait, he doesn't know where I live.

"Wait!" I yelled but he was already out the school door.

"Hey MereBear!" I heard Niall call. I turned around to face to see Niall and Liam coming my way.

"Hey guys," I uttered.

"What's up? You seem upset," Liam stated examining my face while lifting my face up with his hands on my chin.

"It's nothing. I have to work with the devil for a history project," I replied with a sigh.

"Let me guess. Harry Styles?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, he's coming over to house in a while. I don't even know when he'll come." I explained.

"Him? Go to your house? Really?" Niall questioned surprised.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"Don't let him try anything on you," Liam stated. "Don't worry, if he even tries touching me, all he has to worry about is my foot kicking his dick!" I exclaimed. Niall and Liam laughed. 

"Great choice of words," Liam uttered. "Thanks," I murmured. 

"See you guys tomorrow," I waved and made my way to the parking lot.

When I reached the house I saw the driveway was empty. Lindsey and Michael obviously working late again. If they work late everyday then when do they have time for each other. Probably at night. Wait bad image. Bad image. The last thing I want to know is what they do at night. I shivered at the thought. 

I made my way to my house and kicked off my shoes. I slammed the door shut and ran upstairs.

Shower first......

After a good 30 minutes full of shaving, washing, cleaning, and all that stuff I got out. 

I wrapped myself in a towel and made myself into my room. Since it was just 5 right now and I'm not going out tonight, I decided to stay in my pajamas. I grabbed a white tank top and some pajama pants.

[Outfits on the side]

While I was trying to get the knots out of my hair, I heard the door bell. 

Who the fuck is that?

They kept on ringing the doorbell. 

"Coming! Coming! Calm down!" I yelled while grabbed the door knob and swinging the door open.

"Can't you-----" I started saying but stopped when I saw those green eyes.

He looked me up and down and he licked his lips which I thought was totally HOT! Wait, what the fuck?

He just stood there staring at me. When I realized I was just in a thin tank top and my floral bra was showing, I screeched and slammed the door shut.

"I'll be right back! Don't leave!" I yelled before running upstairs. What the hell is happening? Harry Styles just saw me in a tank top and saw my bra! No one ever saw my full arms before. Beside my mum and dad from when I was little and Collin when we did......... anyways moving on......

I grabbed a big sweatshirt and put it over my head. I put on my fuzzy slippers and put them on. My hair was partly dry so it was turning into their waves. 

I ran downstairs and swung the door open to see Harry was gone. I told him to not leave. God, can't a guy stay outside for 2 minutes? It's not like it's snowing and he was freezing to death!

I closed the door sighing. "Looking for someone?" I heard a deep husky voice. I grabbed my chest. 

I heard the idiot laugh. It was obviously Harry.

I turned around and started hitting randomly on his chest and arm. "You fucking idiot! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled. He just laughed. So he thinks it's funny? Huh?

"Why are you here?" I asked while walking into the kitchen.

"If you haven't known, I came here to work on a history project with a girl who is wearing a flowered bra," He chuckled.

"You never saw that! And it's called floral," I replied, and turned to the sink while drinking the water. I knew my cheeks were getting red from his comment. 

"I don't care what the fuck you call it. And why are you looking at the wall? I'm over here," He stated. I already knew he had a smirk on his face.

"The wall looks better then you," I lied. 

"Yeah right. Love, just admit it. I look better then all the guys you ever fancied." 

 I loved how he called me love. It sounded beautiful? I don't know. It made me melt and there was a warm feeling inside of me.

Wait what did he say? Fancied?

"Are you trying to say I fancy you?" I asked turning around looking at him. He had a playful smirk on his face. Why doesn't he just smile so I don't keep trying to picture him smile in my head.

"Of course. Why wouldn't you? I mean every other girl fancies me. Plus you always stare at me." 

"Woah woah woah. That's where you are wrong buddy. First I'm not those girls who drools over you in class. And second it's the other way around. You always stare at me like some creep," I explained heading into the living room.

"No I don't," He said.

"Yes you do," I replied.

"No, I don't," He stepped closer.

"Yes you do," I said stepping foreward as well. Before I knew it we were only 5 inches away. He stared into my eyes and I stared into his.

He licked his lips and looked at mines. Does he want to kiss me? 

He bit his bottom lip which was so hot! When he started leaning in, that's when I realized what was happening. I stepped back.

"I'm going to get the books and stuff ready," I muttered and ran upstairs.

No! I won't let him control me. Niall, Louis and Liam was right. He wants me to fall for him and then he could fuck me and then leave me like nothing ever happened. Well, I'm not stupid. I will not play his games and fall for his charms like he usually does to girls. 

I'm not that easy. And most importantly I will not act like fucking whore like Molly is. Maybe he has every other girl by his foot but not me. I don't fancy him and I never will. I'm going to college next year and I will never see him again. I just have to survive a few more months and I never have to see him again.

But downstairs he was all so nice and playful and cheeky. Isn't that what I want in a boyfriend? Yes but Harry is just playing with me. He just wants sex and then we are done. 

How come he wasn't still angry with me? I mean in school he was ignoring me like I didn't even exist and here he is, in my house playing around with me. 

No.

He is only here to do a fucking project. No more. 

And plus he might have killed my parents. Should I ask him? That dream didn't just happen for no reason. Plus the meeting I had with my parents this morning. And the encounter with Harry.

This is all too much!

"Does it take that long to find a few fucking text books?" I heard an annoyed manly voice.

I turned around to see Harry standing in my doorway. His face held no emotion. He was just like in a 'whatever' mood all of a sudden when a few minutes ago he was all playful and fun.

Is he bipolar or something?

I ignored him and got the history textbook I borrowed from the school. I gathered some notebooks and pencils. I was about to go downstairs but Harry didn't move from the doorway. He was blocking the way.

"Move," I demanded not wanting to deal with this. I didn't make eye contact with him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To Mars. Where do you think I'm going?" I asked sarcastically. "I'm going downstairs to work on the project,"

"We are doing the project here," He demanded. Who the fuck does he think he is? This is my house and he has no right to boss me around.

"Excuse me?" I made eye contact finally.

"You heard me. We.Are.Doing.The.Project.Here," He said pointing inside my room.

I sighed and went to the bed and placed everything on it, spreading it out. I didn't have time arguing with him. He is clearly bipolar and we need to get this shit done. The sooner, the better.

He came in and sat on the edge of the bed while I sat criss crossed on the other end leaning onto the headboard. I flipped through the textbook trying to find the page. He took the notebook with all the notes in it and started reading them.

This is so awkward. I want to be able to talk to my partner about random crap and do the work Maybe eat a few snacks and take breaks to play silly games but here I am with Harry in silence.

After a few minutes, Harry stood up.

"Where's the toilet?" He said.

"Across the hall," I uttered. He went out the room and closed the door to the bathroom. His phone vibrated and I had an urge to check it out. But what if he comes in? I would be in deep shit. 

After the phone vibrated again I jumped up and grabbed the phone. My back was to the door and I turned on the phone. He had an Iphone like me. I swiped the thing and surprisingly he didn't have a pass code. 

I went to the texts and saw it was from some guy named Ryan.

I read through the text. 

Harry: I'm at a girl's house for a project.

Ryan: You gettin some tonight?

Harry: Nah, she's pretty hard.

Ryan: What's her name?

Harry: Meredith

Ryan: Isn't that the girl, whose parents you killed? 

Ryan: The Watsons?

I froze. It's true then. Harry Styles killed my family. And I was going to kiss him like 20 minutes ago?

"What are you doing?" 

Author's Note: Cliffhanger! What do you think is going to happen? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 229 150
As Grace bumped into some stranger, little did she know her whole world would turn upside down. But will her past let her live out her lovelife?
1.9K 2 23
Teagan can't wait for high school to be over. When she turns eighteen her best friends get her One Direction backstage passes and concert tickets. Th...
560K 12.5K 66
Harry Styles, a known murderer, drug dealer and gangster; suddenly takes interest in the new girl in town. However, Bella is just not interested in...
21.3K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...