Dimitri's POV in Blood Promis...

By x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

Dimitri Belikov was awakened against his will. He had turned into a Strigoi, a remorseless, blood thirsty Vam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note (again)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's note
Author's note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23 (Epilogue?)
No idea what to call this part....
Spirit Bound

Chapter 22

1.3K 44 7
By x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

The dark waters clashed and splashed around me, it was surprisingly peaceful. The water was ice cold, but that didn't bother me. The soothing rhythm of the waves made me feel content, relaxed, welcome. I was well aware of my surroundings but I didn't want this feeling to end. I had longed to live being powerful and fearless forever, but maybe I had been wrong. I hadn't ever considered eternal peace, and thanks to Rose, I finally realised what I would have been missing out. Right now, I was welcoming death, embracing it.

But it seems like death didn't want me. The Strigoi part of me, the one that had been silenced, disliked my attitude towards death. He compelled me to open my eyes, and force me to refuse my fate.

I glanced at the blue sky, filled with bright twinkly stars. They stood strong and continued to shine, even when the night sky wasn't strong enough to overcome the rising sun. The memories of the night's events struck me and I gasped, rushing to my feet. The same pain I had experienced the first time I had been staked, wasn't present and I anxiously glanced at my chest. I was completely healed, the silver stake wasn't there. I searched the river with my eyes but it was nowhere in sight.

It must have been knocked out by the water current. The dark water now mirrored the azure blue sky but it was the slight glimpse of an orange/yellow ray of sunlight in the sky's reflection that made me shiver with fear and wary. The sun's about to rise, I need to return back to the estate.

I climbed up the ridge, my muscles complained all the way but I ignored it. If I stay here any longer, well, then I won't be here. I'd burn in the sun. My muscles were weak, the only way to fix that would be blood. I could take a human servant when I get back, I thought, if I get back. It seemed like a challenge. Small sun light rays were starting to become visible, and when it made contact with my skin, flesh would start to blacken and mist. It hurt, but not as much as being staked. That thought made the pain a bit more bearable.

What was worse about the situation was that the burns wouldn't heal properly. I had lost a lot of blood, after being staked twice and I needed to refill. I shielded my face with my arms, as I continued racing towards the maze, and it shocked me at how slow I was. You could almost say I ran like a human sprinter, not the best time to be so slow. But I couldn't move any faster. Not with the damage inflicted on me.

Once I was at the maze, I took the quickest route and made it into the estate. The burns had partially healed, it was all I could manage. They looked like bruises, dark, purple and blotchy. When I entered my estate, I had expected, or at least hoped for, peace and quiet, like it usually was. Instead, I was greeted by shouts and chaos.

What must have been the whole estate, stood in the hall arguing with each other. There were about forty of them, all in the same room, making it extremely cramped and crowded. Some bared their fangs, some looked confused. And some of them lay on the floor. Dead.

"Who actually killed Galina?" Someone yelled. For a second, everyone was silent before they continued arguing.

I sighed. "I did." I boomed, triumphantly. They all turned towards me, no one dared to speak. It hadn't occurred to me that I may have just done something stupid. Until now. I wasn't at my strongest and they could team up and kill me in seconds. Familiar fiery red locks flashed in the crowd and Alex pushed past, standing beside me. She smirked at me, knowingly.

"He did," She agreed. "I saw everything." They all stared at each other, conveying a million emotions at once. They glanced at me with awe, wonder, anger, shock and fear. I had never felt so powerful in my life, and I lavished the feeling.

I didn't even have to mention it, they all believed me and knew what I am to them. I pushed past, masking my caution as I entered my office. Someone muttered something I would have killed them for, but I ignored it. I couldn't start a fight in my condition, that would be utterly foolish. I sat down in my office, idle. I was in power and it felt amazing, they all had to obey me. My only regret is that I don't have Rose to support me, but that seemed too far from reality to ever become a possibility.

That was risky, trying to awaken Rose. Why hadn't I forcefully done so, it would have been quicker and easier. I should have known she wouldn't ever agree. She was being stubborn and stupid about it, that was all there was to it. I had been too lenient and hopeful, which had caused this. Not to mention all the false things I had said about not wanting to awaken when I was a dhampir. Why didn't she listen to me now if she did then, why didn't she understand?

Sure I did earn the position I had longed for, but it would have been better with Rose. The amount of things she would have been capable of, what we together would have been capable of. She didn't understand, she won't ever be able to understand. If I find her, I can't let her live. I may just have to kill her. No awakening, just dead. I put myself in such a big risk, I can't do that again. I'll just have to be alone, or find someone else.

The most puzzling thing about our fight was my last moments. I had been so happy to die, but why? What had happened to me in those last few seconds? I wasn't myself, I'm well aware of that. I wouldn't ever say such selfless things. Something wasn't right, I don't think this would ever happen to other Strigoi. It was something about Rose, something that had transformed me into the being I once was. And it scared me. She scares me.

A human knocked on the door, bringing me back to the present. "Come in." Inna stepped in with dark puffy eyes, staring at the ground. "What is it?" I growled.

"Umm . . ." She hesitated, but decided to continue. "I don't want to work here anymore, I'm going to leave."

"Hmm . . ." I considered.

"You killed Nathan." She shook violently, mumbling. Tears streamed down her cheek as she stared at the ground. I made my decision as soon as those words left her mouth. She had spoken so quietly, I doubt she knows I heard her.

"You don't have to work here then." That gave her hope, she looked up surprised. I lunged forward and bit her. She can now join him, I thought bitterly. I finished her quickly and dropped her pale body.

I sat back down, feeling better. The burns had completely healed now, there was no traces that could have ever hinted those burns had been inflicted in the first place. I licked my lips desperate for more blood, but I had to wait. I stared out of the window, longingly. The sun seemed to burn even brighter, mocking my hunger.

I looked away. I knew all I could do was plot to kill Rose. She was the only threat, and who knows, maybe (if she finds out I'm alive) she'll plot to end me once and for all. She was that skilled and dangerous that I couldn't---

The door burst open. A group of at least five Strigoi rushed into the room, all speaking at once. They glared at me, eyes were bright crimson red and filled with pure rage and hatred. Their stares were cold and unforgiving. They flashed their fangs at me and all stood defensively, ready to attack. I stood up, outraged by their lack of respect. I returned the frosty stare, my expression held no emotion, clearly unafraid.

"What are you doing here? I didn't give you permission to enter my office. Get out!" I roared. I made sure to emphasis 'my' and spoke with authority. I was angry by their sudden outburst but it was the fact that I had been beaten by a dhampir, that mainly fed my anger. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I had been lucky to survive that. And Rose wasn't at her strongest when she almost killed me. I took down so many Strigoi at once and I couldn't handle one dhampir.

"You killed Galina!" They all shouted, almost at the same time.

"Yes, I did." I confessed, unashamed. "But that doesn't mean you get to barge into my office without permission."

"It's not your office." A male with short blonde hair retorted. He had clearly been affected greatly by Galina's death, compared to the others. His expression conveyed nothing but rage and his glowering glare was focused on me.

"It is, actually. I killed Galina, the strongest one here. Therefore, my strength is proven to be greater than hers, and also yours. Since I'm the strongest, I, alone, am in charge." It's not like they need to know about Rose being involved with her death, or that I requested help from a dhampir of all creatures.

"You won't be in charge if you're dead." A dark haired woman sneered. As if on cue, they all charged at me. I dodged their attacks effortlessly and took a few steps backwards to create a good amount of distance between us. Galina's office was pretty spacious, which I appreciate. Not to mention elaborate, and prone to damage.

"Can we not try to kill each other elsewhere?" I tormented, with dark humour. The amusement in my voice only fueled their animosity. "I don't want to stain my carpet with blood, it would cost so much to replace it." The blonde man swung his fist in my direction, but I grasped it and pushed it away, breaking it in the process. I groaned, taking their silence as an answer. "Fine." I grumbled. "If you guys behaved, you'd realise that I make a much better leader than she did."

I tried to reason with them, to break the fight and make them understand. It wasn't that I couldn't fight them, it was just that I didn't want to lose the people I should be able to control. If I end up killing everyone, what estate is there to rule? My efforts to gain this much power will go in vain! I wanted to have more people I can control, not less. But if I have to resort to killing them, then I will.

Two Strigoi rushed towards me. Both of them were men; one of them had jet black hair whilst the other was a brunette and I had faintly recognised seeing them around the estate. They hurled their fists from different directions. But they had the same destination in mind. Me. I moved to the side, dodging one of them and used my arms to block the blow. They both stood on my opposite sides, surrounding me. I landed a hard kick towards the brunette and hit him in the stomach, causing him to groan and clutch his stomach. Turning to the other Strigoi, I caught his arched leg, mid-air. I forced it upwards and he lost his balance, falling on his back.

In that moment, I had been distracted for about a second. The dark haired female took advantage of this by joining the fight, knife in hand. Before I could respond, the knife plunged into my side. How many times have I been stabbed today? Too many times to be 'normal'.

What was she trying to do? She obviously, knows the knife doesn't do much damage. "What was the point in that?" I growled, pulling the knife out.

"It makes a pretty good distraction." My head shot up as a hand clamped around my throat. Decapitation, that was what they were going for. I had to react quick. I dug my chin downwards, which loosened their grip. Whoever it was, they had attacked from behind, which made it easier to escape. I grasped the arm at my throat and twisted it behind him.

They really did have a chance to kill me. This person was dumb enough to use his hand, rather than his arm. The arms are always stronger, and the chances of the victim escaping that is almost impossible. His mistake now cost him his life. My arm circled his throat and in seconds, his headless body crumbled to the ground. The blood soaked my already ruined shirt.

They clearly hadn't expected that, from the shock and fear they desperately tried to conceal. I used that as an opportunity to prove my point to them, I'm the strongest and I'm in charge. I killed the Strigoi closest to me, leaving just three of them.

"Now, who's next?" They reluctantly remained silent and stared at the ground, to my amusement. "Leave." Wordlessly, they scuttled out of the office.

I sat down at my desk and reached for the phone. I dialed a number and someone eventually picked up. "Yes?"

"Send some humans to my office."

"Do you mean Galina's office?" They asked, innocently.

"No, mine, she's dead." I informed. "I killed her." I added with a sadistic smirk. I knew they couldn't see it, but I couldn't stop myself. They were silent, for a few seconds.

"I'll send some people---" I put the phone down.

I had let my guard down, too many times. I thought too lowly of Rose for being a dhampir and I wasn't careful. I let her do this, listened to her and pampered her too much. If I hadn't, she'd be awakened and with me now. I let her escape and now I'm at risk for dying. We are very similar, our thinking and actions are much alike. That was what I forgot, when she was here. I'm convinced that I would have done something similar to her if our roles were reversed. As much as I hate the fact that she escaped, I admit her will to rebel against what she was destined for is worth admiring. No matter how dumb her decision had been.

A knock on the door caught my attention. "Come in." A group of human servants entered and gasped at the sight before them. "Clean this mess." I pointed to the blood stains and dead bodies on the floor, including Inna's.

I urged a half of the human servants to come closer, and they reluctantly obeyed. "Outside, there's a dhampir, the one you've been cooking dinners for. She's heading to Novosibirsk by foot. I want you to find her, and watch her at a distance. If she falls unconscious, bring her to me. If not, I want to know what happens to her."

I needed to know whether she survived or not, and I'm betting she will. I want to be certain on it, though. Now, I have to plot on getting rid of her, and know whether my efforts would be fruitless. It's not like I can plan on killing her if she's already dead. They nodded and left the office, a few seconds later I followed.

I headed towards my room, I needed time to think alone. Too much has happened today and even when I'm glad about Galina's death, I feel like it happened too early. Everything I had been planning, for so long, had been forcibly rushed and I was afraid something won't go according to plan. I feel like something terrible is going to happen.

Maybe, I'm overthinking it too much. But at least I am, I thought. Before I had been reckless and less thoughtful, and that's why I don't have Rose. That's why she managed to escape. I stepped into my room, closed the door and sat on the bed.

It had occured to me that there was a possibility that Rose is dead, which is why I sent those humans. Novosibirsk is the closest place to civilisation, and even that took a few minutes to get to at Strigoi speed. For Rose, it would be one hell of a walk. She hadn't eaten before leaving, the food Inna left for her was still there, untouched, if I remember correctly. If she does die, it saves me the trouble of killing her. If the sun hadn't risen, I would have searched for her and awakened her. She would be weaponless and weakened, which would make it easy. Or killed her.

Someone like Rose, someone with enough strength to be a threat to me, shouldn't exist. I'll have to hunt her down, and kill her. Trying to awaken her against her will is like asking for a death wish; I failed to realise that before and it almost resulted to my own death. I won't take such a risk that would endanger my life to that level ever again. But I won't let someone as powerful as her live, either. 

As dhampirs, we were equal in both strength and skill. Awakening now makes me stronger than her so it's not like she can kill me. The chances are low for that to happen. I have learnt from my mistakes, so this time, I will succeed.    

***********************************

I worked my ass of to post this asap ;-)

Dedicated to RozaBelikova96 for being a great supporter, being my friend and having awesome VA fanfics. Check them out if you haven't already! :-) Also, for her 'encouraging' comments :-P

Posted the next day, I feel so proud. Hope you like it :-)

The story is coming to an END. Last chapter after this. But there may be a Spirit Bound!

VOTE, FOLLOW AND SUPPORT. If you want I mean . . .

x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 1.7K 26
Rosemarie 'Rose' Hathaway is best friends with Vasilisa 'Lissa' Dragomir. They didn't run away from the academy. Dimitri Belikov is best friends with...
41.7K 1.3K 21
This story is about Rose and Dimitri after everything has happened with Rose getting framed for the late Queen Tatiana. Lots of amazing things are ha...
4.5K 77 1
Rose has finally had enough of the way that Lissa and Dimitri are treating her. When Dimitri says to four little words to Rose everyone's world chang...
124K 3.5K 31
Rose has run away, - again - she couldn't handle Dimitri not loving her. Even after she gave everything to him. Her secrets, her heart, and even her...