You Smile Brighter Than You S...

By collidewiththemadnss

Kellin doesn't exactly live an easy life. His Mom is an alcoholic, he self-harms and on top of all that he ge... More

A/N (IMPORTANT)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Final Chapter)

Chapter 18

5K 208 493
By collidewiththemadnss

Before I start, has everyone heard Circles? I've been crying over it all day. It's so sad but so beautiful.

Anyway, sorry this is a little late. I've had one hell of a day, but I made this longer to make it up to you. Enjoy!

-------

I sigh sadly resting my head on the car window.

"I feel bad for doing this." I mumble and Vic removes his hand from the steering wheel before grabbing mine.

"Don't, she seemed to understand. It's better this way." Vic explains and I nod.

We're just driving back from staying the night at my house. We talked to Mom about rehab and she was upset but not with us but with herself. It didn't take much to convince her to go. We packed a few of my things and she let us take the car for the time that she's gone. Now I get to live with Vic for however long it takes her to get out. I don't know how things are going to run around there with his dad out of the picture. I've never met his Mom before either; I wonder what she's like.

"We should go on a date, to celebrate." Vic suggests and I turn to him confused.

"To celebrate our lives falling into place. My dad's gone, your mom's going to rehab, everything is getting better." Vic shrugs.

"There's still a long way to go though, Vic." I frown feeling slightly bad for being pessimistic when he's obviously trying hard to be happy about the entire situation.

"I know." He sighs sadly. "How about we celebrate the beginning of an ending?"

"That sounds nice." I smile and Vic nods before bringing my hand up to his lips.

"We'll go home and shower then I'll properly introduce you to Mark." He explains and I nod.

"What's Mark to you anyway?" I ask being nosey as always.

"He's Mike and I's butler but he's more of my best friend or mentor." I shrug.

"He sounds nice." I smile and Vic nods again.

"He is. He's always been there for Mike, for me." He smiles lightly.

I smile at his smile and he starts laughing.

"What?" I ask confused though happy to see him laughing.

"It's just crazy isn't it? I barge into your life, you hate me, then you go out with me, then you somehow fall in love with me and although I barged into your life, you're the one changing mine." He chuckles and I smile.

"Funny how things work." I state.

-----

"Kellin stop fussing." Vic tells me as I throw more clothes behind me.

"No, I just want to look nice." I huff and Vic chuckles grabbing me from behind and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Darling, for all I care, you could wear a frilly dress and you'd still look absolutely gorgeous. Just pick something. You'll look nice in anything." Vic explains before sitting me on his bed.

"I don't know." I mumble.

"How about I pick something for you to wear? Then you'll know that you look perfect." He suggests and I nod, thinking that it doesn't sound like a half bad idea.

He smiles and kisses my forehead before walking over to the mess I've made with my clothes. He looks through them and I wait patiently hoping he finds something soon. He hums as he looks pulls out some clothes then packs up the mess I've made before coming back over to me. He lays down a pair of black skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees, a plain white shirt, a black leather jacket and a gray beanie.

"Good?" He asks and I nod grinning.

"Can you just dress me every day?" I ask and Vic chuckles.

"Get dressed, I'm going to find Mark." Vic explains and I nod before he kisses my cheek and leaves.

I get dressed before going into the bathroom to fix my hair. After that, I slide on the beanie and smile at my reflection. Vic really does have good taste. I walk back into his room and slide on my TOMS. Vic then walks back into the room with a guy that looks like he's in his late twenties. Just like I imagined, he's wearing a suit like the butlers do in the movies.

"Mark this is Kellin, my boyfriend; Kellin this is Mark." Vic introduces and Mark holds out his hand for me to shake. I shake his hand and he beams happily.

"It's nice to meet you." He grins, in what I previously hoped would be a British accent but it's just an American one. I need to stop praying for stereotypes.

"You too." I beam letting go of his hand.

"Vic's told me so much about you." He comments and I blush as does Vic.

"He seems to talk about me a lot." I chuckle nervously.

"He does! All the damn time!" Mark exclaims and Vic goes even more red if possible.

"Yeah, I do. So what? I'd be hurt if you didn't talk about me to your friends." Vic huffs and I chuckle.

"Baby, you forgot that I have no friends, remember?" I chuckle and Vic pouts.

"Do I not count?" He asks sounding offended.

"No you don't, you're my boyfriend. Besides, why would I talk about you to you?" I ask and he shrugs.

"You make a good point."

I give him an I-told-you-so look and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever, let's just go." He mumbles and I nod taking his hand.

"I'll see you later Mark." Vic says and I give Mark a small wave goodbye before Vic leads me downstairs out of the house.

We get into the car and he drives off.

"We going anywhere fancy?" I ask and he nods.

"The fanciest." He grins and I smile in excitement.

"I've never been anywhere fancy before." I admit sheepishly.

"Never?" Vic asks confused.

I shake my head and he smiles reaching over and grabbing my hand once again.

"Then I just have to give you the best first experience." He smiles and I nod.

It doesn't take long to arrive in front of a restaurant and my god does it look expensive.

"Are you paying for all of this? I have like fifty bucks on me." I stress digging into my pockets.

"Kellin, it's fine. I've got this." Vic says pulling out a credit card. "I've got like two million bucks on me."

My eyes go wide and he chuckles.

"Two million?" I choke out. I always wondered how much they had but I never wanted to ask.

"Around that. There was a lot more but my parents spend irresponsibly." He shrugs.

He chuckles at the look of shock on my face and kisses my cheek. Suddenly someone opens my door and Vic's at the same time. I look to see a guy in a red suit and for a minute I'm confused but then I realize that they're valet guys. The guy gives me a friendly smile that I return as I get out of the car. I walk around to Vic who's handing the keys over to the other guy.

"She'll be ready for the scrapyard soon." The guy comments with a chuckle looking at my mom's beat up station wagon.

He's right so I'm not offended at all but Vic seems disgusted in the comment.

"This was the last thing my mother left me before she died." Vic lies acting disgusted and the valet worker's face goes red.

"Oh I'm sorry, sir. I didn't mean to offend." The valet worker rambles but Vic waves him off.

"Get out of my face." He says overdramatically before grabbing my hand and tugging me into the restaurant before we both burst out laughing.

"Oh my god, you're an asshole." I laugh and Vic grabs my hips pulling me closer to him.

"That's what he gets for dissing my mother-in-law's car." Vic chuckles and I raise my eye brows surprised.

"Mother-in-law?" I question and Vic blushes slightly.

"Well, yeah. I mean, I'm going to marry you." Vic says nervously scratching the back of his neck. "But not tonight! I mean I'm not proposing tonight! Just in case I was giving you the wrong impression."

I stop his rambling with my lips. He relaxes as I kiss him slowly then I soon pull away.

"Relax. It's a yes, I will marry you. We should start planning the wedding straight away." I joke and Vic's eyes go wide.

"No, no‒" I stop his rambling with my lips again.

"I was joking, calm down." I chuckle pulling away.

"Oh I knew that." He says seeming serious.

"Sure you did." I mutter rolling my eyes.

He smiles and kissing my cheek before pulling me to the front of the restaurant. A lady appears giving us a skeptical look.

"Uh, how may I help you?" She asks.

"Reservations for Fuentes." He says and she scans a piece of paper before nodding and leading up through the restaurant over to a table in the corner.

She gives us a menu each before disappearing. Vic goes around the table and pulls out the chair gesturing for me to sit down. I blush and take a seat before he sits across from me. I look around the restaurant and it's amazing. There's the noise of quiet murmuring of people conversing and then there's the gentle hum of the live band playing some classical music.

"This is fancy." I whisper to Vic and he nods with a chuckle.

"So we're having a three course meal so pick an entrée." Vic instructs and I nod looking through the menu.

I skim through the menu, not knowing at all what to pick. Half of them I can barely pronounce.

"What's escargot?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Snails." Vic says and my eyes go wide. "They're actually quite nice. It's usually served with butter and garlic so that's basically what you taste."

I nod and continue to scan the menu but I have no idea so I look up at Vic.

"Any suggestions." I ask and he smiles.

"Do you like soup?" He asks and I nod.

"How about the Soupe à l'Oignon?" Vic asks.

"Soup a what now?" I ask confused.

"It's a fancy way of say French onion soup. It's nice here." Vic says and I nod smiling.

"That sounds nice." I sigh, relieved that I've finally come to a decision.

Vic puts up his hand calling the waiter over.

"Entrees?" He asks and Vic nods.

"We'll just get the Soupe á l'Oignon." Vic says and the waiter nods.

"Drinks?"

"Kell, you have any preferences?" Vic asks.

"Surprise me." I smile and he nods turning back to the waiter.

"I'll get the Palauxma and Kellin will have a Thai iced tea." He says and the waiter nods before walking off.

"This is nice. Thank you." I murmur reaching across the table grabbing Vic's hands.

"No need to thank me. I love taking you out. You look hot tonight by the way." Vic grins and I blush before murmuring a thank you.

The night goes on and we have a great time, Vic making me blush on multiple occasions, until we're eating dessert and I don't think I can stomach anymore.

"Oh my god, it's so good, but I can't eat anymore." I groan shoving a small piece of golden syrup dumpling into my mouth.

Vic chuckles as brings my hand to his lips before placing a small kiss on his knuckles.

"Okay, I'm done." I breathe pushing the bowel away from me.

"You're so cute, it hurts." Vic grins and I blush.

"Stop it. My stomach is like exploding from food here and you're filling it with butterflies." I mumble and Vic 'aww's.

"You ready for the check?" He asks and I nod.

He calls the waiter over again who brings the bill. As hard as Vic tries to hide it from me, my eyes glance over the price on it. It's just under $500 for tonight. I start to feel bad but Vic gives me a warning look and I sigh. Vic hands the waiter his credit card and the waiter goes away with it.

"Kellin, imagine if you had a thousand Skittles and you didn't even really like Skittles. If someone asked for one would you give it to them?" Vic asks and I nod. "That's my point, Kells."

I think about what he said for a minute and understand completely. He has a lot of money, he doesn't even want it and very little of it is going towards this dinner. I give him and understanding nod and he smiles. The waiter comes back with Vic's credit card and the receipt which holds the bank statement. I'm beyond curious and Vic catches me staring at the piece of paper. I start to feel bad, not wanting him to think that I really care about how much money he has. I could care less, I'm just nosey.

"You want to look?" He asks holding out the piece of paper and I shake my head. I don't need to know.

"Are you sure? I don't mind." Vic shrugs but I just shake my head again. He nods putting it in his wallet.

We then gather our stuff and leave the restaurant.

"Want to go for a walk along the beach?" Vic asks though he's looking up at the sky. I look up seeing the night sky clear of clouds, just filled with thousands of twinkling stars and the bright moon.

I nod and Vic takes my hand before leading me down the street and onto the beach. We take our shoes off before walking down the sand and then along the tide, our feet getting wet by the cold water but neither of us seem to mind.

"Why didn't you want to see how much money I have? I really don't mind if you want to know." Vic says.

"I don't need to know, it's none of my business. The only reason that would be important is if was going to negatively affect our relationship." I explain and Vic nods giving me a loving look.

"You're really something Kellin Quinn." He smiles and I blush.

We walk in comfortable silence along the beach as a question itches at my mind.

"If you were ever put in a situation where you could either have me or the money, who would win?" I ask, and I know it sounds so rude but I just need to know where I stand.

"Kells, I'd drop the money in a heartbeat. You're more important to me than any note, coin or check has ever been. You're my everything. I'd be happy living in the gutter, as long as I had you." He mumbles looking out at the ocean.

I smile and lean into him feeling relieved. I guess it was stupid of me to think that he would care about money more than me.

"What about you? If I was poor, like homeless poor, would you still stay?" He asks and I gently squeeze his hand.

"Of course I would. I'd move into your gutter with you so we could cuddle when it gets cold. And you could get a job that pays minimum wage while I guard our cardboard box." I smile and Vic chuckles.

"Where would I work?" He asks seeming amused.

"I don't know. Maybe you could be like a painter or something. You know, like go into people's houses, paint their walls then steal us bread and water." I suggest and he smiles.

"Sounds wonderful." He chuckles.

"Whatever happens Vic, wherever we go in this world, I'll be by your side no matter what." I promise and he kisses my head.

"I love you Kellin Quinn." He sighs contently.

"I love you too Victor Fuentes." I reply looking back up at the night sky and in that moment I could swear that the moon was following us; watching over us; protecting us. And if anything ever separates us, the moon will bring us back together.

-----

Lemme know whatcha think. Vote/comment/follow. I just want to hug you all because you all are so wonderful. I'm not creepy at all. Anyway, have a nice day. Remember, it's 16 days till Misadventures. I'm so pumped.

Love you, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 66 12
This is the story of two very heterosexual emo band dudes, Kellin Quinn and Vic Fuentes. After a night on the town, a small incident happens, making...
87.6K 3K 17
(Kellic) (boyxboy) Kellin gets sexually assaulted by a friend he thought he was able to trust. The worst part? Vic comes home and hears them in the b...
43.9K 1.8K 37
- Sequel to Cuts- Kellin struggles to recover from his trauma and Vic struggles to see his husband in pain, leading to a bad decision that has catast...
4K 143 31
Kellin suddenly started a new life after his mom, sister, and him managed to escape his father. After settling, Kellin takes an interest in Vic Fuent...