Be the Hero...

Par TheWinterWidow77

After years as being seen as a villain, Regina; the Evil Queen, has a chance to be a hero after a magical tri... Plus

Chapter I | Son of the Right Hand
Chapter II | Broomhill
Chapter III | Lets Just Be Friends
Chapter IV | Little Ben
Chapter V | Naiad
Chapter VI | Paying a Visit
Chapter VII | Winter
Chapter VIII | King Pharaoh
Chapter IX | Unexpected Visitors
Chapter X | Envy
New Benjamin
Chapter XI | Wicked
Chapter XIII | The Mills Family
Chapter XIV | Memories
Chapter XV | A Mother's Love
Chapter XVI | A Cold Heart Melts
Chapter XVII | Painful Denial
Chapter XVIII | She Knows
Chapter XIX | Love in a War Zone
Annoucement!!!
Chapter XX | He Got the Girl
Chapter XXI | Smitten
Chapter XXII | Jeopardy
Chapter XXIII | Fulfill the Prophecy
Chapter XXIV | Captain Benjamin Ainsworth
Chapter XXV | There She Goes
SEQUEL!!!
Averages & Characters

Chapter XII | Closer

245 16 5
Par TheWinterWidow77

Benjamin watched Regina disappear into the shrink's office. He hoped she'd be okay. He had her on speed dial which she had to teach him. She didn't know this but he snapped a picture of her for the contact pic. It was early morning, she had no makeup on and she was in loose clothing. In Benjamin's opinion that's when she was most beautiful. She was just herself and not all dolled-up.

"Please take a seat," Archie offered. "Would you like a drink? I have tea brewing or you could have some water?"

"Uh...tea's fine, thank you," she said as she sat down on the couch.

"So what's been going on Regina?"

"Well really they started after my friend Benjamin Ainsworth was kidnapped by my apparent sister--but she's probably half-sister since we look nothing alike. Anyways I've been having these nightmares about--about me--well the Evil Queen killing Henry or Ben," she struggled to say.

   Her breathing got sharper and Archie noticed.  "How often do you have these nightmares?"

   "Almost every night," she admitted.

   "Hm.  And what happens after you wake up?"

   "I feel so bad--I end up waking up Henry and Ben.  Sometimes it'll just be Ben that comes into my room and tries to calm me down and sometimes it's him and Henry."

   "Regina don't feel bad that you're waking them up.  It's not your fault you're having these dreams.  So is anything else happening?  You know what?  Tell me how you felt when you knew your friend was missing," he asked.

   Regina shifted in her seat, clearly uncomfortable.  Then the tea pot started to scream and Archie excused himself as went to tend to his tiny stove.  He poured two cups of tea and handed one to Regina.  She thanked him before speaking.  "Uh...I was very nervous.  I noticed that my breathing had gotten abnormal and my heart rate was sky high.  I also noted that my hands were clammy and they shook," she recalled.

   "Regina, have you ever had these symptoms before?"

   "Yes.  When Henry was missing and when he was--he was dying," she said with tears forming in her eyes. 

   "Have you had nightmares before Ben was kidnapped?"

   "Yes.  I had many before I adopted Henry.  Sometimes Graham the former sheriff would stay the night and I'd wake him up.  He told me to go back to sleep and that it was just a dream and not real.  But as the Evil Queen in the Enchanted Forest I had nightmares frequently.  I had a lot of them when I was married to King Leopold.  He-he raped me and I always had nightmares related to that and he taking advantage of me," she said as tears finally fell down her face.

   Archie had her a tissue box and she took a couple of the soft cotton wipes.  "Regina do you ever feel anxious or have extreme worry?"

   "Y-yes actually," she responded.

   "Do you ever fear that past events may happen again or that you're constantly reminded of them?"

   "Yes everyday."

   Concern grew on the cricket's face.  He adjusted his glasses and put his hands in his pockets.  "Regina," he addressed.  "I think you might have an anxiety disorder maybe even Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD," he explained.

   "Well is there anything to help with that?"

   "Yes I can prescribe you for an antidepressant called Anxiclokin (I made that up.)," he said, grabbing a yellow paper. 

   "And I would also avoid alcohol and cut down on caffeine intake," he said firmly and handed her the prescription.

  "Will do Archie, thank you," she said.

   "Have a good day Regina," he said genuinely.

   "Bye Dr. Hopper."

~•~

  Ben walked up to Regina and upon getting closer he saw a tiny yellow paper in her hand.  "What's that?"

   "Oh it's a prescription for Anxi--Anxiclokin," she explained.

   "So how'd it go?"

   "He says I might have an anxiety disorder or post traumatic stress disorder," she said.

   "Oh Regina I'm so sorry," he said and pulled her into a firm hug.  "You'll get threw this.  Now I assume we go to the pharmacy to pick it up correct?"

   "Yes."

...

Dark Star Pharmacy

   Ben and Regina walked into the medicine shop and noticed Sneezy at the counter.  He sneezed two time before they reached the counter.  "Hello welcome to Dark Star Pharm-" he began and then sneezed.  "Pharmacy ."

   "This is a prescription for Anxiclokin," Regina said.

   "Ahh yes-" he sneezed again.  Oh that's nasty, Ben thought.  "It comes as a 200mg.  The pills are about the size of a bean," Sneezy explained. 

   "Regina?  Ben?  What are you doing here?" Jefferson asked.

   "Oh I-I-I've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and I'm taking meds for it."

   "I'm sorry to hear that.  I was just picking up Aspirin for Grace," he explained.

  "Well I hope she gets better then," she assured.

   "Thank you and I hope you do too."

   "Regina, Ben?"  Emma asked, holding a bottle of Pepto-Bismol and a box of Advil.

   "Oh hey Emma," Ben said as Jefferson walked out of the pharmacy.

   "We had to pick up some Anxi--dang it an anxiety medication," Regina said.

   "Regina--do you have anxiety?"

   "Yes according to Dr. Hopper."

   Ben wrapped an arm around Regina and pulled her into his side. "I'm sorry about that.  Hey anytime if you need us just call and come right over.  Or my mom or dad or me could pick up instead."

   "Definitely not David," Ben said sternly.

   "Yeah I don't know why he's being a butt to you guys, honestly," she said.  "But really anytime and for you too Ben.  If you ever need us just call," she stated.

   "Thank you, Emma.  That means a lot."

   Ben nodded and waved goodbye as they walked out of the shop. 

...

Unknown Location

   Cora sat down on the wooden chair and watched as her daughter screamed about her troubles.  She remembered the man holding her daughter when they first met.  She needed to talk to him.  "Zelena dear, tell me more about this man Regina's been around," she pleaded.

   "Oh he's so handsome and dashing.  He's very protective and loyal.  He seems to have lost a lot in his life.  But I found his biggest fear: loosing my half-sister.  He loves her mother it's truly despicable.  How could he love her?!  How come I don't get someone like him?!  I should get everything she has!"

   "I will talk to this man tonight," Cora promised. 

   "Then I want to know what makes him love her!!"

   "I find that out my dear daughter," she said, holding Zelena's hands. 

   "Ladies," a fiery figure said with an extremely dark and low voice. 

   "Tiepyrsseus," Cora acknowledged.

   "I have gotten with the rest of the tribe.  In exactly two days we will execute an attack on the Evil Queen and her family," he said.

   A smile grew on the witch's face, but Cora was a different story.  "No!  Now I don't want you hurting my daughter.  I don't care about her family but please just not my daughter-"

   "We came to this town before you Cora.  It is part of our plan: to eradicate the Evil Queen. We have trained for hundreds of years in preparation. We will kill her and others," he explained.

"I for one like this plan, Tie," Zelena said gleefully and Tiepyrsseus smiled.

"Please she's my daughter I can't loose her!"

"Then why did you join us?" Tie said in a chilling voice, walking towards the older woman.

"I don't care about the others I just want my dear Regina safe-"

"Killing her has been the plan for hundreds of years. It's destiny. I will not let the prophecy fail and I will stop at nothing," he growled.

His voice was demonic and grungy. His irises were flaming red and his eyes were always bloodshot. His skin had a reddish glow to it and whenever he got mad his blood seemed to literally boil. His old whispy goatee was gray and thin on his chin. He had a fairly large build and the armor he wore seemed to be like rocks compiled together.

"C'mon then my dear Zelena. We shall plan with the others," he said.

Tie had developed a crush on Zelena and no one knew but himself. That was his only weakness. Zelena was his weakness. She only liked him as a friend; a partner-in-crime. Tie and Zelena walked out of the room, leaving a conflicted mother behind.

...

Later that night...

Ben had made sure Regina took her Anxiclokin when she needed to. He wouldn't ever let her down. He was let down his whole life and he want about to inflict that pain on someone he cared deeply for. He took off his jeans, shirt, leather jacket and got into a cotton pants and a shirt. He heard a knock on the door and it was Regina. He tried not to smile so much, but she was just so wonderful.

"Hey Ben," she said with a small smile.

"You feeling alright?"

"Yes actually. A bit more relaxed," she said and sat on the edge of the bed, next to him.

"Good. You should take a nice hot bath or something. It might help even more," he said.

"What do I smell?" She teased.

"Yes. Like apples and...mint?"

"I just brushed my teeth," she explained.

"I love seeing those pearly whites. You could blind someone with those," he joked and she laughed a little.

"I just wanted to to thank you for all that you've done, Ben. You took the risk of becoming my friend because you cared and that means so much. Thank you for caring so much," she said.

"Everybody deserves love. Especially you."

She smiled and got up slightly, placing an arm over his chest. His heart rate increased as her face got closer. She placed a chaste kiss on his forehead, letting it linger. As she parted from him, she walked towards the door. "Goodnight Ben."

"Goodnight Regina," he said as he blushed like a giddy teen.

~•~

Cora appeared in Ben's bedroom. She silenced the room and walked towards the sleeping man. "Ben?"

"Ben?" She whispered and touched his arms.

"Ahh!! What are you doing here?!"

"I want to speak with you. And it concerns Regina," she explained and that immediately got his attention.

"What about her?"

"Do you really love my daughter?"

"Y-yes. Please don't hurt anyone for that."

"I won't. I'm trying to change. I want to see her happy and if since you truly love my daughter I just-I just thank you," she said.

"What?"

"Thank you for caring about her."

"Of course I love her-"

"There's more. Tiepyrsseus and Zelena are planning to attack the town especially...Regina in two days, well a day and a half now."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because they want to hurt my daughter and I can't let that happen. I can't stop them myself. Just be prepared," she said.

"Okay. Thank you."

She nodded and disappeared. Now sleep was impossible for Ben, kneeing Regina could be hurt or even killed in the next day and a half. He will not loose her even if it costs his life to protect her.

To be continued...

4 more chapters until something happens between Ben and Regina.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

57.9K 1.3K 16
What if Snow White and Prince Charming had twin girls? Emma and Brooklyn Swan grew up in the foster care system but were separated very young, Brook...
47.3K 1.9K 23
"What's making you so anxious?" I swallowed thickly and straightened my posture. "I want to ask you a question," I said, softly, making sure no one c...
243K 5.2K 37
"Nothing is worth destroying yourself over, but if you are going to destroy yourself, make sure it is for something spectacular, make sure it is for...
39.7K 1.1K 47
"I told you to stay away from her" Regina said in a low and angry voice while she was healing the wounds on Taylor's face with her magic, as her hand...