Haven Harbor • a.i. •

由 cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... 更多

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 82

732 26 3
由 cliffordpunkrock

Ashton's PoV:

Carter got the movie onto the screen and took a few more sips of her wine before setting it down on the coffee table and laying down so her head was in my lap.

I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and laid it over her since she was literally always cold.

Carter obviously enjoyed this movie because I could see the light in her eyes as it started and smiled while her lips moved as she mouthed the words to the songs.

She was a dork, but she was my dork.

My hand rested on her stomach as I watched the movie with her, which mostly was me watching her watch the movie, or really just watching her.

Finally the main song of the movie came on and Carter began to turn her head from side to side with the beat of the song as she mouthed along the words but I swore I could hear her quietly singing.

Carefully yet quickly I set down my wine and pulled out my phone to video her.

"Just one look and I can hear a bell ring.
One more look and I forget everything, woah." She sang a little louder, still moving her head around.

"Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed you." She continued to sing and at the last line she turned to point at me.

I burst into laughter.

Carter threw her head back, giggles escaping her, the action absolutely adorable.

"You're such a nerd."

She continued to laugh.

I set down my phone and placed both hands on her face before leaning down and pressing my lips to her forehead, her eyes looking into mine.

"Hmmm." She hummed. "Come lay down with me."

"Alright." I smiled.

She sat up so I could lay down and then cuddled herself into me.

I used the armrest of the couch as a pillow while she used my bicep.

"You know what I think is funny?" She asked and I could see the wheels spinning in her head.

"What?"

"The fact that you honestly just came here for a vacation and one day came to my shop, and that same morning I woke up just to go to work and we met, and then here we are five months later...engaged, living together, we have a daughter...life is just a funny thing."

"I know what you mean." I smiled.

"I just never would've thought that one day my life would be like this."

"I knew."

She turned her head to look at me.

"I knew from the very first day I met you, that you were going to be the girl I married."

"No you didn't." She scoffed playfully.

"Yes I did." I retaliated, keeping up my smile.

"Whatever." She continued to giggle.

"I did. I saw you and thought to myself, that's the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get her."

She rolled her eyes.

"Your eyes are gonna get stuck that way." I teased.

"Good." She poked out her tongue at me.

"Alright so we need to pack tomorrow and then we'll leave the day after to go to Sydney." I told her.

"That's fine. Are you sure the kids won't be in the way?"

"Nah, they'll be fine." I assured her.

She smiled and went back to watching the movie.

I reached my arm so I could hold her hand, Carter pressing herself even closer to my body.

We watched the movie for a few minutes longer until I heard her whimper.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Cramps." She said quietly.

"I'm sorry baby." I placed my hand on her naval, tracing my fingers over the area to try and soothe her.

"I hate being a girl." She whined. "Mother Nature is a bitch."

I let out a laugh.

I always found it funny whenever Carter would cuss.

Continuing to rub my fingers across her stomach the movie played before us, Carter softly singing along.

Her voice was pure and sweet, and I had never heard her sing before so it was cute.

"Did you used to watch this movie with your mom?" I asked her.

"Mhmm." She nodded. Carter was on her side facing away from me but I could just imagine her smiling. "All the time."

She was quiet for a few moments.

"We would watch Mamma Mia and Grease together almost every week, and we'd sing along to the songs at the top of our lungs just to annoy my dad, but he'd end up coming in here to watch the movie with us." She laughed a little at the end.

"Tell me more about your parents." I said quietly.

"Well, they were high school sweethearts, and they got married when they were around our age. My mom and I were really close but I was definitely a daddy's girl, just like Gracie." She said and I laughed. "My dad and grandpa were my best friends, I hung out with them all the time. Every day when my grandparents would come over my grandpa would yell out "Hey Hal!" and I'd run to him and then he and my father would take me out to the boat and show me the ropes and teach me everything I know now."

"And you know how I sit Gracie on the counter so she can mix the pancake batter?" She asked and I nodded. "Well my mom used to do that with me."

She sighed a little bit before she kept going.

"My mom loved musicals and I got that from her, so she would always tell me that when I graduated high school she would take me to New York and we would go see musicals on Broadway. After she died, I knew I wasn't going to go to New York, but I kept that as inspiration and I graduated first in my class."

"We're going to New York on tour, you can go see some musicals then." I said and she turned around in my arms.

"Really?" She asked with wide, hopeful eyes.

"Mhmm." I smiled and she bit her lip, looking incredibly happy.

"Maybe since my mother couldn't take me then I can take my daughter."

"I think that's a great idea. She'd love that."

She was quiet for a few minutes.

"Ashton, you've provided me and the kids with so many opportunities, and I know I say this a lot but thank you."

"Of course. I like getting to take you guys places and treat you to special things."

"Ender is really excited to go on tour, and I think this might be just what he needs to get past our parents death." She said.

"I think this will be good for him too. I want him to feel really involved."

"Me too." She smiled and then pressed her face to my chest as she snuggled up to me. "Ashton?"

"Yes?" I ran my hand up and down her body soothingly.

"I love you."

I chuckled.

"I love you too."

At this she tilted her head up to connect her lips to mine.

Her mouth tasted like wine and I was more than happy to get drunk off her kiss.

I kissed her back for a few minutes until it got more heated and I moved myself so that I was hovering over her body.

Resting a hand on each side of her face I kissed her lips, swiping my tongue against hers.

I felt her hands in my hair and they slid down my cheeks and then to the back of my neck where she pulled me closer to her.

We both took a large intake of breath as we broke the kiss and then dove back in.

Carter arched her back so her body pressed into mine.

I ran a hand down the side of her body, feeling every curve of her slim frame and then let it rest on her stomach.

Eventually the kiss slowed down as I could tell she was getting tired.

I pressed a few more kisses to her lips before I pulled away a few inches so I could look at her face.

Her cheeks were flushed and she opened her eyes to look at mine sheepishly and I almost lost all self control when she bit her lip. 

"Don't do that." I told her.

"Do what?" She asked.

"Bite your lip like that."

"Why?" She laughed.

"Because it makes me want to do this." I ducked back down to kiss her to which she happily accepted.

"Actually, it makes me want to do a lot more than that but because of your little situation I have to refrain." I smirked as we broke the kiss again.

"Sorry." She blushed even harder.

"It's okay." I laughed. "It happens. This just means we'll have to make up for it when we can."

"I like the sound of that." She grinned and I matched her expression, pressing a few more chaste kisses to her lips before moving back onto my side where she pressed her back to my front again to get warm.

I moved the blanket over her again.

We both went back to watching the movie and not twenty minutes later I felt her body completely relax and I knew she had fallen asleep.

Surprisingly I was very into the movie and I continued to watch it, my fingers gently playing with her hair.

Carter must have been asleep for twenty to thirty minutes when I suddenly heard the distinct sound of Gracie crying.

Carefully I manoeuvred from behind Carters body and jogged up the stairs and into Ender's room where the little girl was sitting up in the sheets sobbing, Ender trying to calm her down.

"Hey, what's wrong baby?" I went up to her, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"I think she had a bad dream." Ender said.

"Come here." I picked Gracie up, wrapping my arms around her back as hers went around my neck. "Shh, it's okay, Daddy's got you."

I could feel her tears on my neck as she cried and I walked her around the room to calm her down, lightly bouncing her in my arms.

"Daddy." Gracie sobbed.

"I'm right here, there's no reason to be scared. I've got you." I said to her, placing my hand on the back of her head to comfort her.

She sniffled as I shushed her and eventually she calmed down for the most part.

I moved her to my side so I could look at her, using my thumb to wipe away her tears.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked her and she nodded. "What happened?"

"There was a monster." She managed to say as she kept sniffling.

"Ah. Well, no monster is going to get you, not while I'm here." I told her with a little smile and she nodded. "Come here."

I took her over to the bed and Ender scooted back over to his side so I could sit down and pull her into my lap.

She turned on her side to hug me, cuddling herself into me and I put my arms around her to pull her closer.

By the way her little brown eyes kept fluttering closed I could tell she was tired but she was fighting off sleep.

"Go to sleep Gray, you're safe." I whispered to her and began to lightly stroke her cheek.

She was still upset so I began to sing to her, hoping this would calm her down.

It was one of the love songs I had written for Carter and hadn't played for her yet, it was slow and sweet, almost like a lullaby and this seemed to do the trick because soon she was out like a light.

Ender gave me a little smile and I kissed Gracie's forehead and then laid her back down on the bed.

I tucked in the blankets around her, placing her bunny underneath the covers next to her and pressed another kiss to her cheek.

I patted Ender's head as I stood up and went to leave when his voice stopped me.

"Ashton?"

"Yeah bud?" I turned around.

"You're a good dad."

"Thanks End, that means a lot." I smiled at him and then said goodnight before closing the door.

Downstairs the movie had ended and Carter was still passed out asleep. I turned off the television and then took our wine glasses to the sink to wash them out then put the bottle of wine in the fridge. I went back over to Carter and carefully picked her up, her making little whimpering noises in her sleep.

I carried my sleeping fiancé up the stairs and into our room, laying her down on the bed before getting in next to her and covering us both up with the blankets before falling asleep.

In the morning I woke up with Carter practically sleeping on top of me.

Smiling I began to stroke my hand up and down her arm until eventually she began to stir.

Her body moved against mine as she began to wake up and her fingers grasped at my shirt.

"Morning." I said as her dark grey eyes fluttered open.

"Morning." She breathed cheerfully.

We got up out of bed after a few minutes of just laying there and headed downstairs where Carter made our coffee.

I was taking a sip of the hot liquid when I saw Gracie coming downstairs out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey Gray." I smiled at her as she walked towards me and I set down my drink so I could pick her up. "How ya feeling?"

"What happened?" Carter raised an eyebrow.

"Someone had a bad dream last night." I explained as I brushed back Gracie's messy brown hair from her face before she laid it on my shoulder.

"Aw I'm sorry love." Carter frowned, walking over to us and placing a hand on the girls cheek. "Did Daddy make it better?"

Gracie nodded.

Carter leaned in to kiss her cheek and then went to go wake up Ender and let Bear outside.

Gracie continued to cling to me and I started to get things out for breakfast.

"Hey bud." I ruffled Ender's hair as he walked into the kitchen.

"Is Gracie okay?" He asked at the little girl who was like his sister curled up in my arms.

"Yeah, I think she's just a little tired." I smiled at him, continuing to make breakfast.

Carter came back in with Bear and after that we all ate breakfast before Carter took Gracie upstairs to give her a bath.

I remembered that Adam had called me yesterday and I hadn't called him back so I grabbed my phone before calling him.

"Hey Adam, sorry I forgot to call back, things were a little hectic around the house yesterday." I apologised as soon as he answered the phone.

"Nah man you're good. I was just letting you know that we got the flights and hotels booked but I just need a run down on the kids since they are minors to make sure we cover all of our bases with them." He said.

"Yeah. What do you need to know?"

"Basic allergies, medical issues, what they need for them at venues and hotels, those sort of things."

"Okay, uh Gracie has no allergies except for bug bites, and Ender's not allergic to anything. We will need a car seat in every car for Gracie but Ender should be fine." I thought to make sure I had everything.

"Great." He said. "And I know Carter has been in the hospital a few times, is this something we need to be concerned about?"

"She was diagnosed with dissociative seizures, that means that if she gets too stressed she will be in danger of having a seizure but she's got anxiety medicine and I know how to calm her down."

Just as I finished my sentence Gracie came running down the stairs and straight to me.

"Daddy." She held up her arms to me and I bent down to pick her up with one arm.

"Hey princess." I smiled at her as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Alright then, well I'll let you go and I'll see you soon." Adam said.

"Yeah. Let me know if you have any more questions."

"I will. Talk to you later Ashton."

I hung up the phone as Carter came downstairs.

"Hey I was about to start packing, how long are we going to be gone?" She asked me.

"Three days." I told her.

"Okay." She smiled. "Is she alright?" She asked, nodding at the child in my arms.

"Yeah, I think she just needs some love." I smiled and brought a hand up to Gracie's hair to pet it.

"Daddy can you sing to me?" Gracie asked me softly.

"Sure sweetheart." I smiled and began to softly sing the song I had sang to her last night in her ear.

I looked up as I sang to Gracie to see Carter watching us in adoration from the kitchen and I swore I could see little tears in her eyes.

Once I had finished singing to her, Gracie looked up at me with a smile.

"Do you feel better?" I asked her and she nodded. Leaning in I kissed her cheek, causing her to smile even more.

She kissed my cheek back and I gave her a grin. "Love you Daddy."

"I love you too Gracie, I love you very much." I hugged her and when I looked up again Carter was dabbing underneath her eyes with her fingers.

"How about you help me, Ender, and your Mommy pack so we can go to Sydney tomorrow?" I asked her and she nodded before I set her down on the floor and she ran up the steps.

I walked over to Carter and she proceeded to wind her arms around my waist in a tight hug.

"You are such a good father, do you know that?" She asked as I held her back.

"I try to be." I laughed lightly.

"Well you are, and I hope you know that Gracie and Ender are so lucky to have someone like you. You're amazing Ashton."

"Only because I have you." I answered and she beamed up at me before pressing her lips to mine in a simple but very loving kiss.

We spent the rest of our afternoon to evening packing and had gone downstairs to start dinner when Carters phone rang and she went to answer.

"Hey Jason." She said, holding the phone to her ear. "Oh gosh, yeah, yeah I can look after her. Of course, it's no problem. Okay bye."

I raised an eyebrow as she hung up and she looked up at me with a sad expression.

"I can't go with you to Sydney. Ari's sick and Jason is out of town and she needs someone to take care of her." She frowned.

"Oh." My shoulders dropped.

"I'm sorry." She bit her lip.

"No I understand, these things happen." I said.

Yes I was now extremely sad she wasn't going with me but she needed to take care of her friend.

"Uh, I guess I'll take the kids with me then." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah, he said she was pretty sick so I'm probably going to stay with her at her house."

"Okay." I nodded.

After dinner she went back upstairs to unpack her stuff from the bag.

"Why?" Gracie asked her when Carter had to tell her she wasn't coming with us.

"Because Aunt Ari is sick and I have to go take care of her."

"But I want you." Gracie frowned.

"I want to go with you too Gray, but I have to be here for Aunt Ari, and you'll have Daddy, and Grandma, and your Uncles to take care of you." Carter crouched down in front of her.

"You'll be here?"

"Mhmm. I'll be here, but I'll call you every night so I can talk to you and you can tell me about how much fun you had hanging out with Daddy." She smiled and then pulled Gracie into a hug.

After she had hugged her she pulled away and then went to whisper in her ear.

Gracie grinned and then ran over to Ender, whispering in his ear and he smiled as well before they both came over to me.

"Ashton can we go out to get ice cream?" Ender asked me.

"Please Daddy?" Gracie batted her eyelashes and I looked to see Carter smiling.

"Of course we can." I grinned at them, both kids cheering and then hugged me. "Okay get your shoes on and we can go." I said and they both ran downstairs.

"Someone knows how to get what they want." I smirked at Carter as she came up to me.

"Well I got you so..." She winked and I laughed.

"Yes you did." I smiled at her before taking her hand and leading her downstairs to join our kids.

--

Aww(:

Hope everyone had a good week!

As always, vote and comment if you'd like and I'll have the next part up soon!

much love xx -M

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

61 35 23
Renae and Calum were perfect together. They loved each other. But after two years of fighting and problems she ends things. Now Calum is no where to...
156K 4.8K 52
Ally hasn't seen Michael in a year. And they are about to meet again. Will the feelings they had for each other spark into another relationship after...
1.7K 48 13
'It's the worst feeling. You know, having to leave your family behind in a ship being shot down and go off with your best friend to find safety. But...
1.3K 40 41
Alex is a young girl suffering with emotional issues and the only person she's ever managed to be close to leaves her behind to follow his dreams. Wh...