Poker Face

By gypsydream

Poker Face (Naruto Fan Fiction) History repeats itself when Utau’s entire clan is slaughtered. The person de... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Authors Note
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Authors Note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Authors Note
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Authors Note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 53

269 15 0
By gypsydream

Chapter 53

Utau’s POV

“What do you mean she is gone?”

“Reiko is dead.”

My eyes widen.

“But how?” I shake my head. Maybe I hit my head harder than I thought.

“She was foolish and weak.” Amaya starts walking around, waving her arms to prove her point.

“Long ago when I was taken from her and resealed inside your grandmother part of her chakra was stolen and sealed with me. Since then I have had a strong connection with your mother, one that has grown stronger over the years. I have been communicating with her and plotting since before I was sealed inside of you.”

My lips curl up in disgust.

“So you have been talking inside my mind without me knowing? Has she known what I have been doing this entire time?”

She nods, a sick grin on her face.

“Everything she did was because I told her to. What she didn’t know is that if I was resealed inside of her I could resurrect myself and once again walk this cursed earth. I was able to feed off of her power as a Himura with both Kekkei Genkai’s and now I am free. And she is gone forever.”

I shake my head once again.

“That’s impossible. Mother only had the Yoso Seigyo.”

“While half of her chakra was sealed inside of me that was true. But she was born with both. Only those with both Kekkei Genkai’s could free me.” She leans in closer and places her hand underneath my chin, tilting my head up toward her.

“I have big plans for us, Utau.” I wrench my body away from her touch.

“Just as I had big plans for your mother. You see, her “success” was all due to me. She was just a puppet. Kind of ironic isn’t it? The one who is the puppet master to the earth is actually only a puppet herself.” She continues. “Your mother failed me though.” She stops walking and turns to face me.

“But you have yet to completely disappoint me.”

She grins, her eyes twinkling.

“Together we can truly rule this godforsaken world. Your mother was naïve and easy to control but I can see that you are not. You know how damaged this world is. It needs help; guidance.”

She grips my shoulders.

“Don’t you see? We are that help. We are what this world needs. Join me and help me help the world.”

I shudder and slide away from her grasp.

“If your plans are anything like what my mother wanted then my answer is no.”

Her smile drops.

“No? Are you sure you want to do that?” She asks, her voice dangerously low.

I stand, my limbs still shaking.

“I will never ever join you, Amaya.”

Her face darkens.

“You have no idea what you have just done, child. I gave you a chance to redeem yourself. I gave you a chance to rule the world alongside me.” She spits to the side. “And you threw it away just like that.” 

She steps closer.

“I have no need for you anymore.” She turns on her heel and starts walking away.

I open my mouth to yell a reply but the words never come.

She flips around and shouts, her hands flying to form seals.

“Dance of the Crescent Moon!”

In a poof of smoke two shadow clones appear alongside her.

Amaya and her clones pull out their katanas hanging to the side of their figures and pose to attack.

All three Amaya’s race toward me.

In my shock I freeze.

Before I realize what is happening I am attacked simultaneously on three sides.

It happens like a dream, like suddenly time is being dragged through molasses.

One clone is on the left and leaps to attack. The other clone is to the right of me.

Amaya herself leaps above me, swinging her sword down hard.

They swing their swords, cutting through flesh. Crimson blood flies everywhere.

In a confused trance I watch the droplets of blood fly across the room.

I fall to my knees, still in my trance.

I feel nothing. All sounds dull to a buzz as the lights brighten.

The floor before me wavers.

I lift my eyes upward just in time to see someone entering the cavern and racing toward me.

The figure is soon hidden by Amaya’s figure standing before me, her sword poised to finish me off.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

More blood splatters across my face.

Suddenly time and sound seems to catch up to normal speed. Pain pours through my previously numb body.

My eyes fly open only to be met by the sight of the edge of Amaya’s sword sticking out of Shizuka.

“No…” I whisper.

He smiles.

“Hey sis. I’m sorry I disappeared. I shouldn’t have been such a coward.”

I nod and gently take his face in my hands.

“Idiot.” I say, tears gathering in my eyes.

He chuckles painfully.

“Eh, I always had a feeling you were going to be the death of me.”

“Shut up.” I command and lean against his shoulder, trying to hold in the sobs that are trying to escape.

“I really am sorry…” He trails off, struggling for breath.

“I forgive you. Just don’t die on me, ok?”

He smiles.

“You always did like bossing me around.”

I smile back, a tear escaping and sliding down my cheek.

“Here.” He whispers and places something in my hand.

“You will need this.” He winks at me before wincing in pain.

The sound of metal scraping against flesh and bone echoes throughout the cavern as Amaya pulls her katana out of Shizuka’s back.

He falls limp into my arms.

“No!” I sob.

I hold his lifeless body in my arms and lift my head to glare at Amaya.

She only smiles and wipes the blood off her katana.

I look down at the object Shizuka had placed in my hand.

“The Amulet.”

“The what?” Amaya questions, worry tinting her voice.

I smile.

“The Amulet.” I lift the small piece of wood carved into the Himura clan symbol and place the chain the Amulet is hanging on over my neck.

I stand slowly, wincing as every single muscle and injury screams in complaint.

One knee buckles underneath me.

I grunt in pain and struggle to stand again.

“What is that?” Her voice rises.

 My lips quirk up into a sly smile.

“Your death.”

She gives a small nervous laugh.

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

My smile grows wider.

“Goodbye Amaya.”

She watches with growing horror as my hands slowly form the seals that my grandmother had shown me.

I form the last one and transfer a small amount of chakra into the necklace. The necklace lights aglow, a blue aura lifting it off my chest.

Amaya’s eyes follow the necklace, her purple skin growing pale.

Suddenly the necklace falls limp, the blue aura disappearing.

Amaya cackles loudly.

“You almost had me believing you actually had something that would kill me. Obviously you were wrong.”

Without warning the necklace jerks up, lighting up with the blue once again.

I quickly rip the Amulet off and watch as it flies upward.

It starts spinning faster and faster, creating the image that the blue aura is growing.

I shield my eyes as the light around the Amulet grows brighter.

I scream as the light becomes unbearable.

The entire room lights up with the growing light.

Soon it goes black.

When the light had become so bright that it became painful I had fallen to the floor in a fetal position.

I pick myself up from the huddle and struggle to stand.

I limp over to the dark lump that lay a few feet away.

I fall to the floor and run my fingers through the dust, letting it drift away in the slight breeze.

At the bottom of the pile of dust I feel a cold lump.

I dig through the dust and pick up the metal object.

I frown at the headband.

I finger the engraving with my thumb.

“A leaf headband.”

I flip it over and read the aged scratches on the other side.

I suppress a sob.

“The war is over,

The bloodshed done.

So stop your tears my little one.

The night is calm,

Our solders home.

So close your eyes as I sing you this poem.

Many have been lost,

But more have been found.

So dream of happiness tonight and listen to the sound.

We will rejoice,

We will sing.

So go ahead and sleep and join us in tomorrow’s spring.”

Tears flow down my cheeks as I hug the headband to my chest.

“I love you, sweet.” I read the fresh inscription, my lips trembling.

“I love you too mother.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1K 21
Lea Uchiha, a medical ninja, and Madara Uchiha, the future clan leader, have been best friends since their childhood. As they grow up, Lea realizes h...
355 21 7
Kaida Hinotori was once a happy seven-year-old girl from the hidden Hinotori clan. Her clan possessed a rare Kekkei Genkai - the ability to manipulat...
203K 6.9K 28
This story starts out with a massacre. I'm not going to lie and say there was no blood split. No, there was blood covering EVERYTHING. An entire clan...
263K 10K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...