The Enforcer's Daughter

By Skylinger

Tori likes her life. Being told by her father's Alpha she's being sent to represent their clan as a potential... More

Tell me this is a Joke
No one is happy
Unwanted Dinner
Not Safe After All
Pool Party
She's Mine
Stipulations and Concern
Not the typical first date
Blood of the Enforcer
Training Begins
Breaking Point
Very Sore
Unexpected Visitor
Viscount Cain
Not knowing
Dinner with the Enemy
Intervention and a Decision
A gift for Tori
A Party to Remember
Journey to the King
Past Love
Frustration in the air
Enlightened by Ken
The Tribunal
A Courting we shall go
The Bridge
Wedding Plans
Keeping Quiet
The Wedding

Repercussions and Restitution

22.3K 591 62
By Skylinger

Chapter 27

(Repercussions and Restitution)

Tori hit the water hard. The river raced and Tori came up and began immediately being tossed into rocks. She didn’t fight the river; instead she allowed it to carry her downstream; avoiding rocks whenever possible.

As a large rock came into view the blonde woman was sure of two things; hitting the rock was going to hurt and the rock was her way out of the water.

Tori grunted as she hit the rock. It was hard but she forced herself to hold on and slowly begin crawling up onto it. There were a few other large rocks that went toward the right side of the river. Sore and hurting the trained girl made her way over to the river bank.

“I need to know what happened.” She entered the woods and then headed back toward the bridge. Everything in her told her the bridge hadn’t simply broken and she needed proof.

The blonde woman made her way back toward the side of the bridge that had broken. She heard voices but ignored them; they’d learn she was alive soon enough. She hiked her way to the bridge; keeping herself from being spotted.

Reaching the bridge she walked to the ends. “Cut,” she said looking at the clean cut. Someone had clearly tried to kill River. A flash of two people just before she hit the water told her who was most likely responsible. “Logan,” She spat. It was Emilio and Bryn the green eyed girl had seen just before she hit the water. If they were involved, it was by order of Logan.

Angry and wet she turned around toward the castle. The blonde woman was done playing games, and being told what she had to do.

**

“Tori! Thank God you’re….” Bryn’s words died as she swung around and kicked him so hard he went flying through the air; the Enforcer hit hard as he hit against a stone wall.

“What are you….”

The blonde woman ignored the prince and looked at Logan. “You could’ve killed us both!” She yelled at him.

“Tori lower your voice,” Prince Miguel pleaded.

“Lower my voice?” She growled at him; narrowing her eyes at the Tribunal prince. “River could’ve been killed!”

“I know you’re upset and what happened should not have,” Prince Miguel said agreeing with the girl. “We are all relieved to know that you are alright. River is also fine. A few bruises perhaps but fine,” The Tribunal Prince assured Warner’s angry daughter.

“Please let’s get you back to the castle so everyone will know you’re safe. Afterward we will meet and restitution will be made,” Miguel said quickly. “This will be made right.”

“Please Tori, we can’t afford a scandal,” Logan said not moving toward the girl. Her anger was radiating off her and the blonde man knew not to approach. “I never meant for you to get hurt.”

“Where?” Tori said looking toward the Hispanic Prince.

“I will come for you,” He replied. Tori glared at Logan and his fallen enforcer and walked away. Miguel looked at Logan. “I suggest you tell Lucas what has happened. Logan sighed but nodded. As much as he didn’t want to he’d have to tell his brother what had happened.

**

Lucas was relieved to know Tori was in fact alright. “Thank heavens she’s okay.” When Logan didn’t say anything his brother turned from the window and looked at him. He watched as his older brother looked down; guilt all over his face.

“What have you done?” The short haired blonde man questioned. When the heir remained silent he said, “It wasn’t an accident was it?”

“No,” Logan said his voice full of regret.

“You could’ve killed her Logan!” Lucas yelled angrily.

Logan’s head snapped up surprised. “I NEVER would have caused harm to Tori!” He shook his head emphasizing it was not intentional. “I want you married to her! She belongs to you!”

“You targeted River,” Lucas said not exactly surprised.

“If we had known Tori was out there as well we never would’ve done anything!” Logan assured the upset man. “I panicked when you said she was out there!”

Lucas knew his brother hadn’t meant for anything to happen to the woman he loved but it didn’t change things. “How are….”

“Tori knows.”

“Knows what?” The younger brother said as concern crossed his face. ‘Please don’t let her know Logan is responsible.’

“She knows I’m responsible.”

“Shit!” Lucas swore. He went back to the window and looked out.

“We’re going to meet with her privately,” Logan said sensing his brother’s alarm. “Miguel is going to help smooth this over. We’ll make some form of restitution and….”

Lucas let out a disbelieving laugh. “Do you have any idea what you just caused?” Slowly he turned and looked at the man with shoulder length blonde hair.

“We can fix this.”

“We can’t afford a scandal, Logan,” Lucas said angrily. Turning back to the window he closed his eyes. “You just cost me Tori.”

“No I …”

“Yes Logan you did!” Lucas yelled at him. “There is only one thing in the world that will stop River and his father from pursuing action against you! I have no choice but to give Tori to him now!” Furious the younger man left the room; slamming the large door behind him.

**

Tori entered the Tribunal doors to see all the Prince’s gathered together. Logan and Lucas were also there. She didn’t hide her anger toward Logan and approached the waiting men.

Lucas wasted no time and approached her. “I had nothing to do with it. I swear Tori I would never…”

“I know,” Tori said. She wasn’t angry with Lucas at all. Lucas might have broken her heart once but she knew the prince would never do anything that would get her killed.

“Tori I know you’re angry and you have every right to be,” Lucas began. “I’ll let River have you.”

“What?”

“I love you Tori. I always have and I always will but…,” Lucas looked down trying to hide the pain he felt.“I have to be a prince now and ask that you keep this quiet.”

“What your brother did….”

“I know what he did Tori,” Lucas said, pain showing in his eyes. “He’s an idiot and I’m the one that’s going to pay for it.”

“The Tribunal…”

“Would give you to me,” Lucas informed her. “River cannot win you over me. The only way he gets you is if I let him.”

Tori listened to him speak and knew he was right. Everything that had and had not been said came rushing at her. Looking into the Prince of wolves eyes she understood what he was offering. Lucas would break his heart to stop any chance of a scandal. Lucas was making an enormous sacrifice for the kingdom.

“You call this off. I marry River.” Sadly the short blonde haired man nodded. “Now,” She said in a calm but firm voice.

“Agreed.” Tori nodded and turning Lucas walked toward the Tribunal.

**

River was more than a little surprised to be summoned before the tribunal but wasted no time in appearing. With his father at his side he entered the room.

“All three of you may approach,” Prince Pierre announced. Tori, Lucas, and River took the very positions they had when they’d first faced the tribunal together. “Before we begin is there anything any of you wish to tell us?”

Lucas shook his head but did not speak. “No,” Tori said calmly.“No,” River said oblivious to what was happening.

“Very well for whatever reason Lucas has consented to Tori marrying River,” The Frenchman began. Slowly he looked at Lucas, “You are certain.”

“Yes,” Lucas said softly.

Pierre frowned and then looked at River, “I think it is only fair that you know that if we were to make the decision between you and Lucas now, Tori would be married to Prince Lucas.”

River internally gulped.

“However since he has agreed to allow this you and Tori will be allowed to wed.”

River couldn’t stop the pleased smile that crossed his face. After everything they’d been through he was finally going to have royal approval to marry the blonde woman who had stolen his heart without ever trying.

“There are stipulations,” Prince Bakari warned. Tori glanced at Lucas but he kept his face forward. The expression he wore told her even he hadn’t expected this. Curious she faced forward once again.

“You must be married to River within one year or his claim will be rendered completely void and Lucas will have the right to re-claim you.” Tori and River both nodded. “Second, should a marriage between the two of you end for any reason within the next three years Tori will be returned to Lucas.”

Prince Toshiro looked at Tori. “You will have no recourse. If it happens you belong to Lucas. Is that understood?”

“Yes,” Tori replied. The prince nodded and looked at River. The lord’s son also nodded.

“Do you understand Prince Lucas?” Pierre inquired.

“Yes,” He replied acknowledging.

“This Tribunal is over,” Prince Pierre decreed.

Cheers erupted around River and Tori. The blue eyed man wasted no time and grabbing Tori kissed her. The blonde woman kissed back pleased. Still smiling as they began to be congratulated she glanced over and saw Lucas disappear out the door. A feeling of sadness washed over her. Tori wasn’t sad for her though, no, she felt bad for Lucas.

**

River was just finishing packing his bag when he heard a knock on the door. “Yeah.” He heard the door open and someone enter the room. “I’m…” Seeing Lucas standing there looking very dignified he fell silent for a moment. “Prince Lucas,” He said and gave a bow of his head to the royal wolf.

“We may be different in some things River but in others we are the same,” Lucas began. “We both love Tori and always will. How could one not?” The prince looked toward the window and then back at the Lord’s son.

“When you leave today, you’re not just taking Tori with you; you’re taking my heart too. Take care of her. If you ever hurt her, I’ll make you regret it.”

“I won’t,” River assured the heartbroken man. Lucas gave a nod and left the room leaving the door open.

“Everything okay?” Lord Gregory asked entering the room a moment later.

“I have Tori, that’s all that matters.” The lord nodded and they headed for the front of the castle where a Limo stood waiting.

**

Lucas stood at the window and watched as Tori and River got in. Tears streamed down his face but he didn’t make a sound. The doors to the Limo soon closed and Lucas watched the vehicle drive away. Tori would marry River; the sacrifice made.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

977 52 20
She was born to fit him perfectly. Not only physically, but also in his madness. For the first time, Jason Hex had feelings for someone other than hi...
65 9 9
Two houses, a child in each grew. At first, as friends, and then apart. With a spike to popularity, Jace is torn away from Darren just a few years be...
241 76 20
After two kids, she still remains the mother of his kids and nothing more. She's asked to be more than that, but really is there anything stopping hi...
577 46 12
Ada has a very hard childhood, her parents abuse her, drink, smoke, and then her dad leaves her, her sister and brother, and her mom. Her mom abuses...