Unwanted Dinner

Chapter Three

(Unwanted Dinner)

It was just before five when Tori heard the doorbell ring announcing the Alpha and Jake’s arrival. She sighed knowing there would be no getting out of the formal diner now. Reluctantly she slipped her black strappy heels on and fastened the clasp. Getting up from her bed she walked over to her full length mirror for one last look before heading downstairs.

The blonde woman hated to admit she looked good. The dress was a perfect fit and accentuated her curves and slender waist. Tori was not a slim stick figure. While she was in fact thin the woman had curves that had no problem attracting the opposite sex. While thin her body was very toned. Her arms held definition but not like that of a body builder. The green eyed girl was fully aware she could turn heads if she wanted to.

“This might not have been the best choice.” She grumbled. Tori did not want to attract anyone’s attention. Unfortunately, she knew it might be hard not to attract attention in her current outfit.

Her dress fit like a glove. Her strappy heeled sandals complimented her dress perfectly. Adding her dangly diamond earrings and necklace and she was hard to miss. Her jewelry wasn’t dramatic by any means. The necklace was a half inch strand of diamonds. Nothing hung off of it or hung down to draw attention to her chest like a lot of necklaces. It was simple but elegant. Her earrings were a little flashier. They came down in a diamond like shape with tiny diamonds in the shape of daisies within the open air diamond shape.

Tori had put her hair up in a curled type of bun. It wasn’t tight but allowed the hair to curl in an intricate up do.

She wore pink makeup in a very light and natural way. Her lipstick was only a shade or two darker than her natural pink lips. Pleased she didn’t look horrible she picked up her black beaded purse and headed out of her room.

“Any idea how much longer she’ll…you look beautiful.” Michael said seeing her enter.

“Thank you.” Tori said politely. She smiled looking at her Dad in a tux. She knew he hated to dress up. “Not too shabby Dad. You all look nice.” She said complimenting all three men.

“Yeah well let’s just get this over with.” Warner replied. Tori walked over and hugged her father. She was well aware the man hated that his daughter was being offered up. The fact he was going to have to not only know but watch the spectacle made it even harder on the enforcer. After all, she was his little girl.

“Let’s go.” Michael announced.

Karen walked over and hugged her daughter goodbye. “Good luck keeping them at bay dressed like that.” She whispered in her ear. Tori frowned at her mother when she pulled back. Karen only laughed. Rolling her eyes she accepted Michael's arm and the three wolves and half wolf headed outside.

As they emerged from the house the blonde woman was surprised to see a limo waiting. She looked over at the Alpha somewhat questioningly.

“When it's formal, everything is formal.” Michael informed her. The woman only nodded and walked down the driveway with him and slipped into the waiting black stretch Limousine.

Tori was more than a little surprised to see Becky had been waiting in the Limo. The blonde woman looked at her father questioningly wondering if she’d gotten out of at least having to marry.

“They want two representatives from each pack.” Warner informed his daughter. Tori didn’t reply but the enforcer felt his daughter instantly relax. It took effort to not shake his head. It was obvious the enforcer’s daughter figured she was home free. Becky matched the look River liked far better than she did.