Past Love

Chapter 21

(Past Love)

Tori watched as the man in the dark blue suit turned to face her.

“Hello Tori.”

“Lucas,” She said softly. As if remembering what he was she started to curtsey.

“Don’t,” he told her. The green eyed woman looked up at him unsure. “Come here.” He watched amused as the woman fought a battle on whether or not to approach him. Finally he shook her head no.

Lucas smiled at her warmly; silently amused she feared approaching him. “I won’t bite, now come closer.”

Tori’s heart was racing. The blonde woman was afraid to move closer to her ex. She loved River but feared being so close to a man she’d held so many feelings for. Still he was the high prince and knew she was expected to obey. Reluctantly she walked toward the center of the room where her ex stood.

While Lucas could see the fear in her eyes he needed the other princes’ to. They needed to see just how much of an affect he had on her. That meant luring the girl into the center of the room.

The blonde woman came to a stop only a couple feet from Lucas. Her uneasiness was radiating off her and her pulse was still elevated.

“It’s alright Tori,” The blonde man told her. He didn’t tell her ‘It was just them’ because it wasn’t. “How was your trip?” He asked in an attempt to get her talking and make her relax.

“Lucas what is going on?” She asked. “Why did you have me brought here? You just left me and suddenly a few years later you decide to show up when I become engaged to someone?” Tori asked cleared confused and frustrated.

“I had to leave Tori. You aren’t a full wolf. I had to work to get everyone to agree to let me marry you,” Lucas replied. “I didn’t want to leave you I had to. I had to secure the ability for us to be together.”

“You left and didn’t tell me anything! You broke my heart Lucas!” She snapped angrily. “I loved you with all my heart and you just walked away!”

“It’s not like that,” Lucas said taking hold of both her hands. “I wasn’t leaving you completely just putting things on hold.”

“On hold?” She said narrowing her eyes at him. “You left without telling me a damn thing! You said you had to go and couldn’t see me anymore.”

“No I said I had to go and couldn’t see you at this time. I never ended things.”

“Can’t see you, tells me it’s over Lucas.” Tori went to pull away but the light blue eyed man didn’t let go. “Let me go.”

“No. I know you’re upset but there’s so much you don’t understand. I never meant to hurt you Tori,” Lucas told her; begging her to believe him. “I love you and I always have. You’re the only woman I have ever wanted to marry. A half wolf has never been queen though and I had to get approval for it to happen. I want to marry you.”

Tori looked down at her hands being held by Lucas. “I’m marrying River.”

Lucas frowned. “Look at me.” Tori didn’t. The blonde man released her hands and grasped either side of her head with his hands and gently lifted her face to look at him. “Tell me you don’t feel an ounce of anything for me and I’ll take you back to River myself. Can you do that, Tori? Can you honestly say you don’t have any feelings for me whatsoever?”

“Lucas please just….”

“Answer me!” He demanded.

“Luc…” Tori’s words died as the blonde man kissed her for the first time since he’d left.