Taming the Big Bad Alpha

By loriavg

Amelia Cherie. She's always dreamt of having a mate with all the stories she's heard about having a mate who... More

Taming the Big Bad Alpha
1; Amelia
2; Bloody Fight
3; Goodbye
4; Bipolar
5; I Forgive You
Author's Note
7; The Sister
8; Mute
9; Suits
10; 7 sharp
11; You're ugly
12; Fùcking formal and all
13; Mascherata
14; Alpha Raymond

6; Play

4.4K 134 11
By loriavg

Amelia

I was bored. I mean, come on, my mate's busy and I barely know anyone here. Which reminds me, I should check out this place. Since Trevor left me flabbergasted in the hallway, I just decided to roam around the huge mansion.

Somehow, I ended up in their library that had a huge piano by the left side of the window stored up in there. When I say store, I mean, there's a huge cloth covering it. Does no one ever touch it?

I walk over to the piano. It seems to lure me. I've never played piano before and I never intended to, but I felt the need to .. To just touch it. My hand reaches for the cloth, slightly pulling it off the piano, and as it comes off, there it was. A huge, black piano. Just ready to be touched.

It looked new, never contacted. It was spotless, only a beautiful glimmer to it. I wander over to where the clean piano keys were. My eyes rove over the keys with delight. My heart quickens. Excitement runs through me as I take a deep breath. I was so close to placing my fingers on the keys, but it wasn't until something interrupted me.

"What are you doing?" I jump at the hard tone. I turn around to see Him. Tall, broad, dangerous, and handsome. My breath was caught in my throat at the sight of Him. I try opening my mouth to speak, but I couldn't.

"Can you not speak? What are you doing?" Vincent asks, starting to step towards me. His dangerous aura scared me.

"I - uh... I.. I - I was just -" I clear my throat. What's wrong with you, Amelia?! Speak up.

He takes another dangerous step towards me. Somehow, I feel myself losing a lack of oxygen. I stand straight and look at him. "I was walking around and somehow, I ended up here.."

Good job, Amelia. Standing up for myself. I mentally smile to myself. At least I didn't make a fool of myself. He stops. His stare is on me. He studies me for a while and I feel the need to move, but I just stand there.

I look away, not wanting to feel awkward. I feel his stare on me. It was like a hawk ready to prey on his victim. I felt weird. He just kept looking at me, or more. It was as if he could see deep in my soul.

"Did I tell you how stunning you look?" he says out of nowhere. I blink.

"Uh - I .. What?" I look at him, dumbfounded. Vincent realizes what he's done and shakes his head. He looks up again and gives me a look. I raise my right brow.

"Can you play?" he asks, motioning to the piano. What's wrong with him? First, he said I'm stunning, and now he asked if I can play.

"Are you ok-"

"I asked you if you can play. If you can't play, then get out of this room."

Rude much?

I suck in a sharp breath, and try my best to calm my nerves before I lash out on this imbecile — may I add, scary — beast. After calming myself, I slide over to sit on the black marble bench that was inches from the piano itself.

Can you play?

I place my finger lightly on the piano keys. I was scared.

Can you play?

His question kept ringing in my head. Can I play?

There you go again, repeating the question in your own tone, Amelia. I need to stop. I can feel his gaze on me. Ugh, he's rude either way. He talks rudely, and he looks at me when obviously, it makes me all squeamish and giddy inside.

It's rude to look at people when they don't wanna get looked at. I hear him sigh. He's probably getting bored out of his mind.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Get out.

It's true. I wanted him out, but damn, he can be so .. tempting. At the same time, I want him to stay. I'd be stupid if I admit it though.

"Just keep it to yourself, Amelia," my wolf, Emily suddenly comes in my head.

"Emily? Is it really you?" I was shocked. I haven't heard from my wolf ever since last night.

"Of course, it's me, idiot," she snaps at me in a sarcastic way. There's the Emily I know and love.

"Oh, shut up. Anyways, play. Vincent keeps looking at you and it's weird."

"I .. don't know how to play piano," I pause.

"Just go with the flow," she protests.

I agree, and start to move my right hand onto the keys. I take a single glance towards Vincent. He looks so calm. Like he was just patiently waiting for me to play something for him.

Did he expect me to play something?

I don't know how, but my thumb and my pinky start to press down 4 times. While my left thumb pressed another key. One by one, I started playing 4 notes. It sounds familiar.

I notice Vincent had moved over to a couch across from where the piano was. His view was me.

He looks pleased. As if he enjoyed me playing this melody for him, and soon, I'd realize this song was All of Me by John Legend.

I felt weird. This has never happened before. I've encountered many pianos, but I've never laid a single hand on it. I always thought I'd be bad, but damn, right now? It felt like I was under some black magic.

If I wasn't right, I could've sworn I saw a soft smile on his lips. He looked so peaceful, and it made me want to smile. I didn't want to stop playing, but I switch the song.

Instead, I play another melody. Vincent's shoulders tense once he hears the first few notes. His eyes snap open and he sits up from his sleeping position.

No, no, no, no. Go back to lying there peacefully, please, I wanted to shout.

I continue playing, seeing as he was surprised by the song I was playing. Something's wrong with me. I didn't even know how I knew this song. It just came in me.

I really need to stop, but I feel the urge to keep playing. Just once. It was a soft melody. One, I did not know Vincent would enjoy. But now, he was sitting up and staring exactly at me. I, too, was very interested in this song now.

After moments passed, I stop. The song had come to end and finally, Vincent approaches me. I'm confused as to why.

He gives me the most .. How do I say this? He gives me the most empathetic look anyone has ever given me. What?

"How do you know this song?" he asks. What am I supposed to say? I mean, I've heard this song before, I just forgot the title.

"Uhm, my mother played it to me once." That was half true, but she didn't play it, she played it on her phone. I wanted to laugh at that.

Vincent purses his lips. "Do you know the title?"

It was my turn to purse my lips. I stare at the black piano with confusion. Do I?

"I don't think I do," I say, but a jumpy feeling erupts in me. I'm actually having a normal, decent conversation with him.

OH, MY GOD.

Vincent nods. "It's War is Love by Bobby Andonov."

He blinks. "My mother used to play it on the piano when she was alive," he pauses.

"Now that she's gone, no one plays this piano anymore. So, we decided to cover this old thing and keep it stored up in the library," he sighs, "which was also her favorite place up here. It was what she called, peace and quiet."

Damn, do they keep all his mother's stuff loaded up in here? I know, rude, but I didn't intend on being nice all the time. I'll just keep the rude comments to myself.

"So, everything up here is your mother's belonging?" I couldn't help but ask. Hey, at least it was nicer than the comment I had in mind.

"Mhm, everything up here was pretty much precious to her," he replies, examining the room as if it was the first time. I nod and spin around to examine the room, too. Out of nowhere, I bump into him. My arms hit his hard chest, keeping myself from falling. I felt his hands grip my waist tightly, making sure I hadn't slipped.

Our eyes met. Both soft, chocolate-like colors swiveling around. There was a glint of .. Happiness? I'm shocked. The Big Bad Alpha. Vincent Salvatore. He had happiness in his eyes.

A smile appears on his lips. I gasp. Vincent just keeps a smile on his lips. I don't know what I'm feeling, but I'm sure it was not bad. Vincent seems to lean in, and it alarms me quickly.

This isn't right.

I lean in. What am I doing? My hand grasps his white t-shirt lightly. His hands push my waist closer to his. Is this even Vincent?

I avert my gaze from his lips to his eyes. Yup, they're definitely the chocolate-colored eyes I know and love.

I quickly move my eyes back to his lips that were coming closer and closer to my comfort. I wanted to push him away, but I wanted to know what the aftermath would've been. This time, I couldn't stop myself. His lips were now centimeters from mine. I really want him to push a little farther. Should I stop?

Yes, for Goddess' sake.

My good, innocent thoughts appear, but it wasn't until my bad, not - so innocent thoughts appear.

No, you want this badly. Don't you?

Yes, yes I do.

No, you don't. You idiot, stop this before it gets out of hand.

I was stuck. Between my bad thoughts and my good thoughts, but now I couldn't stop. He was closer, too close for me to back off now.

Before I can continue to argue with my thoughts, his appealing and irresistible lips brush against mine, sending a jolt of glint through my veins. My heart hammers against my rib cage with a rush of adrenaline flowing through my pumping pulse. My breathing increase with the soft scent of his — vanilla — swirling around my head, making me slightly dizzy.

He was about to push farther until the two wooden doors push open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 42.2K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...
1.3M 26.2K 49
He was the alpha of one of the strongest packs across the world. Everybody was afraid of him and curious to know who was his mate, but there was a se...
1.2M 34.3K 35
When you live your life in fear how will you turn out? Jillian Sadem might be an Alpha's daughter, but social anxiety runs her life. She always look...
404K 9.8K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...