Love Bird.

By EmnStuff

(ATTENTION!!!! This is book two of the Jail Bird series. If you have not read book one, it is recommended tha... More

Literal Grim Brother.
Go Your Own Way.
Talk.
I'm Going To Kill You.
For Now.
What Would You Do,
If I Fought for You?
God, I've Missed You.
Tell Me All About it.
Child Lock.
That's That.
Just As Much
I know what you're thinking.
Going Somewhere?
How's Your Brother?
I know, I know!
Well, that changes things.
Are ya' Prepared?
You've Been Hit by-
You've Been Struck by-
A Smooth Criminal
Cold as Ice.
The Dark Side of the Moon
Keep on The Sunny Side

Love Bird.

3.7K 92 3
By EmnStuff

I picked up the letter taped to the back of the bench, feeling my anticipation grow as I opened the next clue.

There was another letter, and below it was a phone number.

It read:

Well, love, you've found another clue. The number below is your next lead, follow it with an open mind, because this is the start of your puzzle.

Love, Jane.

I looked around, finding a payphone across the street. I pulled out some money and rushed across, popping the coins in the slot. I read over the letter once again, imagining her telling me she loved me with that soft smile that could turn my heart to mush. Geez, I sounded like a girl.

I sighed, dialing the number. It rang two times while I fidgeted nervously on the other end.

The phone picked up, and I heard...nothing.

Well, not exactly nothing, it was as if the phone had been dropped in a crowded street. Children laughed, people chattered, and I could hear the faint squeak of tennis shoes on a slick floor.

So...a crowded place?

"Hello?" I asked, my voice husky with the desperation to hear her voice.

"Have you figured out my clue?" She asked.

I sucked in a relieved breath. "Jane." I whispered.

She chuckled softly. "Hi, love. Did you figure out my riddle?"

"I'm guessing it's somewhere crowded." I shrugged.

"Good. The next clue is in my favorite place in the world, The bakery down by Larson St." She informed. "You'll need to wait until Saturday at three O clock when Benny is working. Give him your name and ID, and he'll have the next clue." 

"Alright. And Jane?" I asked before she could hang up.

"Mhm." She said softly.

"I love you."

Her laugh was like music to my ears. "I love you too."

I let out a heavy sigh. "Why can't we just meet like normal people?"

"Because that's no fun." She replied easily.

"I want to see you." I mumbled.

She giggled. "Well put those clues together and you'll find me in no time."

I was about to argue, but the line went dead.

Grumbling to myself, I set the phone back on the hook and turned around, heading back to my car with the note clutched in my hands.

One thought sent a thrill through my mind as I started my engine.

One step closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.1K 24
Once upon a time a gurl was bored in her room and wrote a book... JK So y/n is not having the best luck, her mother her father when she was 13 and go...
2.9K 264 11
This story is the 2nd book in The Singhania Series but is also a standalone. You can read it without reading the first book in series. ...
577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...
274K 10.5K 48
Book 2 in this series! You do not need to read in order, but it is recommended to get the most enjoyment! :) *Mia, Mine is #1* Alice Amaro just wants...