The Gangleader's Obsession ✔️

De shanibhani

🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: ... Mais

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
PART TWO
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
The End
Poems for the Characters

Chapter 8

1.4K 65 4
De shanibhani

BRAD

"What the hell is happening?" Nia shouted as they sped down the road.

"Just keep driving they're gaining on us," I yelled as I bandaged the wound on my arm.

"Brad if you don't tell me what's going on I'm pushing your ass out the car," she screamed in my ear.

Talk about love...

"Brad answer me now!" she yelled impatiently as she drove towards a corner at the end of our street. She drifted around the corner, pressed the gas, and sped towards the highway.

Damn, that was a sweet drift...

"Who the hell taught you to burn rubber like that?" I asked astonished.

"Let's just say I may not have told you a lot about my past," she replied stoically as she checked the mirror to see if the cars were still on our tails.

Her words caused me to observe her more keenly. It seemed like we both were withholding information from one another.

"Damn... they're still there."

Nia grabbed the wheel, turning left into the other lane and pressed gas weaving through the traffic until we were out of the canopy of cars. The cars trailing us mimicked her actions, gaining more speed and soon were beside us.

Thud... Screech... They hit our car, flinging it against the railing.

"Shit!" Nia hissed.

She tightened her grip on the wheel, swung right and hit the Audi. She then released the gas pedal and fell back as the car swung left. She pressed the gas and rammed the back bumper of the car. We jerked forward at the impact.

Nia then turned right, pulling up beside the Audi and rammed it hard, so it hit the railing. She sped away while the car turned and twisted in the road. The other two Audis pulled up behind her and men started firing.

The shots hit the back bumper as the men hanging out the windows fired at us.

"Brad return fire!" she yelled, swerving to throw off their aim and I sat there holding on for my life. "Brad get the fuck up and shoot those fuckers!"

Damn, I need to help my wife.

I got up, pushing my hand through the window and started firing. The shots hit the windscreen and hood of the car grazing them.

"Shit, they're bulletproof," I yelled as I focus my aim at the men, emptying the cartridge but only managing to take down two.

"I'm out of ammo. Nia spread your legs," I say slipping into the passenger seat and opening the dashboard compartment.

"What how the hell are you thinking of sex at a time like this?" Nia asks incredulously before swerving the car.

"Spread your legs!" I stare sternly as I pulled out a knife.

She spread her legs without further fuss and I cut into the seat upwards between her legs.

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch the goods," she shrieks before hissing as the side mirror shatters beside her.

I pushed my hands in the rip, pulling out two handguns and two sets of ammo. Disclaimer: 'Killers' was my inspiration for putting it there.

"You could've just said those were there," she said with a roll of her eyes before looking through her window cautiously.

"What fun would that be?" I smirked loading the guns.

Thud!

"Damn!" Nia cursed as one of Audis crashed into the back bumper.

The other sped in front of us and spun around, driving backwards on some Fast and Furious shit while one of the men sat on the window shooting at us.

"Nia, stay down!" I shouted.

I cocked the gun before shooting out the windscreen. I made work of kicking out the shattered screen and started to shoot at the men. I could hear the wind howling in my ears as the car drove at almost full speed and the sound of gunshots slicing through the air. I shot after the man, the bullet missing its target. He returned fire and I ducked.

Thud

The other Audi hit us. The car jerked forward.

"Nia, are you okay?"

Ping, ping... the bullets hit the hood.

"Fuck this!" she yelled as she gripped the wheel and made a sharp turn.

The car rotated 360° hitting the Audis and sending them spinning. They spun out of control; the men on the windows landing on the asphalt. The cars spun until they collided with the railings and flew over.

Nia managed to steady the car and pulled to a stop just before hitting the rail.

Boom... They went up into flames and Nia sighed before leaning back.

"Who are you and what have you done with the love of my life?" I said awestruck.

The Shania I knew never showed me this side to her and my attraction grew as I looked at my badass wife.

"I would ask you the same question," she replied stoically, giving me a stony glare.

Taking a deep breath, I willed my brain to focus on now. We needed to get to a safe place. "I will tell you but, we need to get to Atlanta now."

"Why?" she asked curtly, not liking how I disregarded her statement.

"It's our way out of this mess," I said honestly.

We lived at Marietta, a small town near Atlanta so, it wouldn't take long to reach the city. At first, I thought that Marietta would be a nice place to lay low and run my empire in New York without being found by Kane or any of his men but obviously, I was wrong.

Nia looked at me for a while contemplating what her next move should be. After huffing, she said nothing as she started the engine.

"You better have a good explanation," she grunts out before she pressed the gas pedal and made a U-turn driving towards the city.

There was an odd silence for the first five minutes of the journey until she broke it with the one question I dreaded answering.

"Who are you Brad?" she asked softly as she steered the car down the road.

I sighed. Best I just get it off my chest... I need to tell her the truth; she deserved it.

"My name is Daniel Darquan... I'm the adopted son of a drug lord... one of the biggest drug lords in the country."

She hit the brakes abruptly, pulling over to the side of the road and received angry honking from the vehicles around us for doing so. Nia parked the car on the side of the road before staring at me in disbelief.

"What the hell? Br-Daniel? A Drug Dealer's son... Why the hell didn't you tell me?" she asked as she gripped the steering wheel tightly.

She was angry... so angry that I could see the fury in her eyes.

"We've been together for a year... Why didn't you tell me? Couldn't you have given me a heads up before the wedding? Couldn't you have said something like, 'Um Nia, I think you should know that my foster dad is a Drug Lord!'" she bellowed as she raked her hands through her hair. Her eyes getting darker by the minute.

"I wanted to protect you plus if I had told you that from the beginning would you have married me?"

"Hell no!" At least she was being honest. "Have you seen what you've caused? Dani may be dead and I was nearly killed. You- I can't- ugh!"

I sighed and slouched in my seat as she looked at me, hurt and deceived. Hesitantly, I raised my hand to stroke her jawline and she allowed me, looking at me with those evergreen eyes.

I looked into her eyes with sympathetic ones and said what needed to be said.

"Nia, baby I'm sorry... I never wanted you to get pulled into this. I love you and believe me when I say I won't let them hurt you... I know you have no right to believe me after what I've done...but please trust me to get you out of this."

After a while, she smiled at me - a weak one and soon her body relaxed slightly.

"Baby, listen everything will be fine. Don't worry, we just need to lay low for a while. I will be right here with you until the end I promise."

She nod then gripped the wheel, pulling off the roadside. We fell into silence once more leaving me to ponder on my thoughts.

How am I even going to protect her if everywhere I go danger finds me?

How can she believe it if all I do is put her in bad situations? I promised to protect her but I was finding that hard to do, especially from him... I knew that marriage had its problems but mine were too much to handle.

It was like being married to a mad man, something crazy always turns up...

We reached Atlanta in the evening; we pulled onto the highway and headed into the city.

The city was beautiful. The buildings stood towering over the people and touching the sky as they glimmered in the evening sun, which gave them a golden look. Cars filled the highway and the sound of horns, engines, and music filled our ears as we made our way towards the active city. The sight before us mesmerizing us the closer we got.

"Turn right," I told Nia.

She snapped out of the trance caused by the beautiful scenery and followed my instructions.

We made our way onto Memorial Drive SE, and then we took a right onto Connolly Street and parked in front of a shop with 'Derrick's tattoo shop' written on it.

Finally, we were here.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

601K 11.7K 35
❝We Will Have Him One Way Or Another, After All.... He's Our Deadly Obsession.❞ ♡ Having one stalker is something, but having two? and the worst part...
212K 5.3K 55
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...
3.2M 93.4K 54
"Are you ready, baby?" I'm asking her as much as I'm asking myself. She never lets her eyes leave mine. "Mm," she nods and I push all the way in. Her...
974K 36.2K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...