The Enforcer's Daughter

By Skylinger

Tori likes her life. Being told by her father's Alpha she's being sent to represent their clan as a potential... More

Tell me this is a Joke
No one is happy
Unwanted Dinner
Not Safe After All
Pool Party
She's Mine
Not the typical first date
Blood of the Enforcer
Training Begins
Breaking Point
Very Sore
Unexpected Visitor
Viscount Cain
Not knowing
Dinner with the Enemy
Intervention and a Decision
A gift for Tori
A Party to Remember
Journey to the King
Past Love
Frustration in the air
Enlightened by Ken
The Tribunal
A Courting we shall go
The Bridge
Repercussions and Restitution
Wedding Plans
Keeping Quiet
The Wedding

Stipulations and Concern

30.2K 721 54
By Skylinger

Chapter 7

(Stipulations and Concern)

River was in his room putting on his brown loafers when he heard the doorbell. A glance at the clock revealed it was two minutes before 9am. It would be Michael and his enforcers. Lord Gregory contacted both Tori’s father and Michael. Warner was Tori’s father but it was Michael that Lord Gregory would negotiate the contract with. Marriage contracts were done between alpha’s not parents. The only reason Warner would even know what was discussed was because he was Michael’s enforcers.

The contract would be ultimately decided by Michael and his father but River was allowed to be present. Females however were not involved in the negotiations at all and were in fact not allowed to be present. This being the case River knew his betrothed would not be here. Tori wouldn’t even be permitted to leave her house until the negotiations were finished and the contract signed.

The blue eyed man thought for a minute deciding whether or not to attend. Realizing her father would in fact be there made him want to go and at the same time stay far away. In the end he decided to be present. It was a contract about him and Tori. Between the two he had the true right to be there. It was only by his position that Warner would be there.

River left his room and headed for his father’s office where he knew his father would meet with Michael. He opened a back door and entered the room just as everyone was getting seated.

“Decided to join us?” Trevor inquired. While he was not the head of the family as a high ranking male family member he was also permitted to attend. Warner could have requested to attend as Tori’s father but it would have been Lord Gregory’s decision on whether or not he’d be allowed.

“I figured it was only right,” He replied. Glancing at Warner he gave him an acknowledging nod before walking over and sitting down next to his brother. Warner returned the nod.

“Alright we will begin with the basics,” Lord Gregory began. “Since Tori is recognized as belonging to your pack you will ascend in region position; making you third, where alphas are concerned.”

Michael nodded. Silently however the alpha was thrilled. He hadn’t actually expected his enforcer’s daughter to be chosen by River. He was hoping for Hunter or Drew.

“Tori will of course be expected at any family events. In turn River will attend any that come up with Tori’s family.”

“Agreed,” Michael said.

“I also want Tori present for any Pack meetings I hold.” Seeing Michael’s surprise he said, “I know you haven’t made the girl attend pack business but she’s marrying my son and will be expected to be there in the future. There is no reason for her not to acquaint herself with everyone now.”

“That’s acceptable,” Michael agreed. The alpha knew Warner wouldn’t be pleased but the request wasn’t unusual.

“Tori is to refrain from any male contact outside of family unless River is there.”

“That will be a bit difficult to adhere to,” Michael replied. “Tori has a job where she interacts with the public. She has to speak to men who aren’t family.”

“She can quit her job.”

“Tori likes her job. You can’t force her to quit before they’re married,” Warner told the lord. Lord Gregory looked at the enforcer less than pleased. A father could be present if allowed but was not to speak on behalf of his daughter. “I’d bring this up even if she wasn’t my daughter.”

“Either way Warner is correct,” Trevor said calmly. Looking at River he said, “Would you be alright with work being the acception?”

“As a …”

“Dad, I don’t mind,” River interceded.“Most girls don’t work so it isn’t an issue. Tori works in retail there’s no way she can avoid men entirely and making her quit won’t help me.”

“Help you what?” Michael inquired.

River surprised everyone when he looked at Warner. “I may have claim on your daughter but I’m fully aware she’s not in love with me. Tori has been more than honest about not wanting to end up engaged. I don’t want to do something that’s going to cause a rift.” He looked at his father and said, “Mom and you weren’t in love in the beginning but you grew to love each other.”

Lord Gregory internally groaned. He didn’t like the idea of his future daughter in law working where he didn’t have constant access to her. He felt the only way a woman should work was if it was within a family business. “Fine but she leaves that job after you two wed.”

“Tori is not going to want to go shopping and have lunch at the country club ever day,” Jake commented. Everyone looked at him. “You can’t tell me Tori doesn’t enjoy working,” He commented looking at the girl’s father.

“Whether or not she works will be up to River once they are married,” Trevor reminded both enforcers.

“If she does it will be with a family business.” The Lords words were firm. Even a glance at River was final in appearance. Even if River wouldn’t object he would.

“She is to restrain from wearing any provocative clothing unless River is with her and he approves,” Lord Gregory said moving on.

River fell into an almost sleep like state as his father and Michael made small demands of each other. It seemed to go on forever which is why the light haired brunette had zoned out. It wasn’t until the word intimacy was said he quickly came out of his daze.

“I think at least once every two weeks is more than accommodating,” Lord Gregory said.

“No.” Everyone looked at River. “You can’t put that in there.”

“Of course I can. It...”

“I told Tori I wouldn’t force it.” Lord Gregory shut his mouth and stared at his son. Silence engulfed the room.

“Why?” The Lord of the Region finally asked breaking the silence.

“Look I know it’s odd but I didn’t feel right about making her give up her virginity before we are married.”

“Tori’s not a virgin,” Michael replied.

River actually smiled. “Yes, she is.” It took effort when he noticed a look of uncertainty on the face of his future father in law.

“Why do you…”

“I asked Trevor. After I accidentally scared her,” He replied looking at his brother. “Trust me as shocking as it is, the girl’s a good girl.”

“Ah hell.” Everyone looked at Warner. “That’s why Karen said I overreacted.” Before anyone could ask a phone beeped. River pulled out his cell and looked at it.A text from Drew was there asking to meet.

“I’ll be back.” River said and stood up. “I’m not saying I won’t sleep with Tori before we get married; I’m just not going to force it so, there’s no reason to put it in the contract,” He told his father.

“You can’t fool around with anyone else River.”

River gave a sigh before saying, “I know and I’m not saying it’ll be easy but I don’t want it in the contract.”

“If you won’t force it what does it matter?” Michael inquired.

“I don’t want to chance something coming up later and her thinking I lied to her or something. If I get stupid over lack of sex I don’t want the means to force it. Tori needs to be protected, even from me.” With that the blue eyed man left to meet up with drew.

The lord sat back in his chair less than pleased. He didn’t like not having a contract with intimacy outlined. The man thought for a minute before looking at Michael. “I’ll keep intercourse out of the contract but she has to compensate for his generosity.” Looking directly at Warner he added, “As a man and a wolf I think you have to admit it’s rather generous of him to wait and submit himself to torture he doesn’t even realize he’ll endure yet in an effort to protect your daughter.”

“What do you want in exchange?” Michael inquired. The Alpha was already prepared to agree to the Lord’s demands and simply wanted to know what the compensation would be.

River left his house and headed for a lake on the other side of the property. Drew lived close by and they’d spent a lot of time there through the years. As he approached he saw Drew sitting on top of the picnic table waiting.

“Hey.” Drew turned to look at him and revealed a black eye. River silently cursed and looked down. “Sorry.”

Drew shrugged. “I should’ve realized.” River didn’t reply but climbed up on the table and sat next to the blonde man. “How’s the contract going?”

“I didn’t know it could take so long,” River complained. “Tori’s going to be pissed when she finds out my father tried to make her quit her job.”

Drew looked at him surprised. “Why?”

“To keep her away from other men. My father didn’t like me not agreeing with him at all. He’s going to allow it for now but trust me the day we wed he’s going to ensure she quits her retail job.”

Drew nodded. “You made a good choice. Tori is a great girl.”

“Yeah she is. Casey and Bridgette are nice girls too.”

Drew smirked. “Don’t worry I’m not stupid enough to make a move on Tori, she’s yours.” The blonde man smirked, sensing relief from his close friend. “Who would have thought after all your dark haired conquests you’d choose a blonde?” River gave a shrug and nodded and the irony of it. “Are we good?”

“Yeah,” River agreed. There was a long period of silence before River spoke again. “Look I know I shouldn’t have attacked you. I just…”

“Snapped when I touched Tori, I know. Your mood changed drastically when you touched her. You didn’t see or hear anything but her.” Drew sighed. “I won’t say I’m not disappointed; you better be good to her, River.”

“I will.” Drew gave a single nod and turned his attention back to the lake. “Casey or Bridgette?”

Drew laughed. “I think Hunter may have his sights set on Casey. Bridgette would be worth spending some time with.”

“I’d say a movie but I doubt Bridgette would want to see Death Walker.”

Drew laughed. “No. Tori spent time around them; maybe your girl would have a suggestion.” River smiled he liked the sound of Tori being his girl.The blue eyed man simply nodded. He would speak with her later.

**

Tori sat in her room on her bed feeling anything but easy. Her father had returned and the content of the contract had been explained. She’d been aware, there would be a contract but had not been prepared for everything it covered. When the intimacy part of the contract was covered she’d been horrified.

It was then her father explained that River had spoke up on her behalf and insisted that intercourse not be part of the contract. Warner had then informed her that River had left the room and was not aware of what his father had insisted on for compensation. While the Lord had agreed to his son’s request he had also stipulated that Tori needed to help his son by other means.

Hearing a knock she looked at the door. “Come in.” The door opened and she watched as her mother entered the room.

“Honey, you do need to get dressed.” She watched as her daughter looked down at her bent knees. Sympathetically the woman walked over and sitting down put an arm around the girl. “I know this isn’t easy.” Tori remained silent. “Try to keep in mind that River did look out for you today.”

“I wish he hadn’t picked me.”

“Tori if he hadn’t one of his friends would’ve,” Her mother replied.“Now get dressed.” Getting up the woman left the room.

As much as she didn’t want to admit the woman knew her mother was right. She was probably lucky River did choose her. If Harper had she had no doubt the man would not have given her the same consideration. Reluctantly she went to her closet to pull out her dress and get ready for her first family dinner with River and his family.

**

Lucas ran through the forest in his wolf form. He was so stressed out waiting for the final counts his father had actually ordered him out of the castle. Apparently his stress level was beginning to wear on everyone.

He slowed his pace as he reached a lake at the end of a waterfall. ‘Tori will love this,’ he thought to himself. The lake was beautiful and the gentle flow of the small waterfall made it peaceful. The blonde haired wolf loved to come here to relax. Soon he’d make it a special place for him and Tori.

**

“What is taking so fucking long?!” Logan said becoming even more impatient.

“I think you need to spend less time around Lucas right now,” The King commented. “He’s making you tense.”

“It’s not him. I don’t think he’s realized that it’s entered the time of Unity Gatherings!” Logan said openly concerned. He rubbed a hand through his shoulder length blonde hair. “What if someone commits her before this is finished?!”

King Landon gave an unconcerned shrug. “Your brother didn’t end things with the girl. It matters not. She’s within the time frame. There will be no choice but to give her back to Lucas. Don’t worry. The votes are almost done.”

“I hope you’re right,” Logan replied. Logan had met Tori and was well aware of how beautiful the girl was. If she was at a Unity Gathering there was little chance someone else wouldn’t try and claim the girl. ‘I hope Lucas doesn’t have to go through the trouble I did,’ he thought silently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 0 7
After a traumatic end to her relationship, Jamie's moves to Chicago to start a new life with her best friend Ellie, leaving behind a complicated past...
2.2M 37.2K 29
Melissa has moved again because of her heartbroken mother, but now Melissa and her mother are the new pack members to the Riverpack. Melissa is als...
8.9K 279 67
Its been two years since the breakup between YN and Justin. YN started her new life in college and made a new friend named Hope. They've been close...
65.9K 4.1K 57
Tori has survived the Harper brothers, cousins, and college. With everyone settling down with someone, Tori and Elias want to focus on getting marrie...