Stuck Like Glue (Derek Hale F...

By salvachesterhale

Christina Laymen met and fell in love with Derek Hale almost a year ago and now they're starting their lives... More

Stuck Like Glue
Chapter One: The Return
Chapter Two: Argument
Chapter Three: Distrust
Chapter Four: Separation
Chapter Five: Captivity
HAPPY TEEN WOLF SEASON 3 PREMIERE DAY!!!
Teen Wolf 3x01 Rant
Chapter Six: Loss
Chapter Seven: Shut Down
Chapter Eight: Forgiveness
Teen Wolf 3x02 Rant
Chapter Nine: The Discussion
Chapter Ten: The Choice
Teen Wolf 3x03 Rant
Chapter Eleven: Acquisition
Chapter Twelve: The Search
Teen Wolf 3x04 Rant
Chapter Thirteen: Pursuit
Chapter Fourteen: Flight
Teen Wolf 3x05 Rant
Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal
Chapter Sixteen: Depression
Chapter Seventeen: Reconciliation
Teen Wolf 3x06 Rant
Chapter Eighteen: Forbidden
Chapter Nineteen: Heat
Chapter Twenty: Battle
Teen Wolf 3x07 Rant
Chapter Twenty-One: Change
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Alphas
Chapter Twenty-Three: Resistance
Teen Wolf 3x08 Rant
Chapter Twenty-Four: Reunion
Chapter Twenty-Five: Missing
Chapter Twenty-Six: Breach
Teen Wolf 3x09 Rant
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lost Girl
Author's Note *IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Halo
Teen Wolf 3x10 Rant
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Getaway
Chapter Thirty: Watched
Author's Note: Great Big Thank You to the Fans
Teen Wolf 3x11 Rant
Author's Note: Third Book, Peter Hale love story, and Twins story
Chapter Thirty-Two: Big Picture
Teen Wolf 3x12 Rant

Chapter Thirty-One: Revelation

3.8K 101 14
By salvachesterhale

            “What’s a Darach?” I asked Stiles in puzzlement while I stirred sugar and cream into my coffee the next morning, balancing my phone precariously between my shoulder and my neck.

“A Druid, like from the old British myths. But a dark one, one that’s strayed from the path. Darach literally means ‘Dark Oak’ while Druid means ‘Wise Oak’ in Gaelic.”

“Okay so this person who’s sacrificing virgins and now warriors, you say, is a Darach?”

“Not really. They’re just imitating the behaviors of a Darach, at least according to Deaton,” Stiles sighed, and I heard the sounds of water running in the background. I took a deep gulp of my coffee, letting the hot caffeinated liquid run down my throat and sharpen my mind as I pondered over what Stiles had told me.

“Okay, I’ll talk to Derek about it. Thanks, Stiles.”

“See you at school,” he said before hanging up, and I slid my phone into my back pocket as I sat down at the kitchen table. Holding my left hand out, I admired my ring with a fuzzy warmth that was becoming familiar. It still felt surreal, the fact that Derek and I were going to be married one day, but at the same time it felt more natural than any choice I’d ever made. My life was completely intertwined with his, and a couple rings and a piece of paper would only solidify that.

                  “Hey Chris,” Isaac’s voice broke through my thoughts, bringing my eyes up to meet his in shock. Immediately, I tightened my right hand around my cup, sending sharp pain radiating through the myriad of cuts across my palm. Regret flashed in Isaac’s blue eyes as he approached me, taking a seat across the table.

“What do you want?” I snapped, casting my eyes down and taking another sip of my coffee while I waited for Isaac’s apology. I wasn’t really that mad at him for pushing me – in fact I completely understood why he’d done it, but that didn’t change the fact that he had hurt me.

“To say I’m sorry. I let my emotions get out of control yesterday and I took it out on you. I’m really sorry,” he said in a throaty, remorseful tone. I looked up, locking eyes with my close friend and nodding slowly in acceptance of his apology.

“It’s okay. I shouldn’t have used that nickname so soon after – well, you know.” Isaac smiled gratefully at me, opening his mouth to say something when the kitchen door banged open and Derek stormed in, eyes red and hair sprouting from the sides of his face as we watched in mounting horror. What is wrong with him? I thought in bewilderment, jumping up to go to him when I realized Derek’s anger was directed at Isaac. Oh no; he heard. I tried to get in front of Isaac but he pushed me aside and stood facing Derek without fear.

“Derek, I’m sorry-“Before he could even get the words out, Derek’s fist flew out and knocked Isaac across the side of the face, sending him staggering back into the kitchen counter as Derek stalked forward to grab his t-shirt in a tight fist. He shoved Isaac back into the wall, punching him so many times I lost count. I watched with wide eyes as my friend collapsed onto the ground, covering his head with his arms as Derek kicked him in the chest and then lifted him up off the ground by his collar like a playground bully. 

“Don’t you ever-“he growled, punctuating the last word by slamming Isaac against the wall once more-“touch Chris again. You understand?”

Isaac nodded, his whole body trembling as each injury healed gradually. Derek let go of him, shoving Isaac so far across the kitchen that he nearly fell through the window beside me. I grabbed onto Isaac’s arm, leaning over to make sure he was okay when Derek spoke again, in the same furious, commanding Alpha tone.

“Get out.”

“W-what?” Isaac stammered, his voice wavering in uncertainty. I looked at Derek in surprise and disagreement, stepping forward so I was slightly in front of Isaac and bringing Derek’s attention to myself.

“You can’t be serious, Derek. I’m fine! Isaac made a mistake, it’s alright-“

“No, it’s not. Get out, Isaac. I can’t have you living with us if I think you might hurt Chris. I’m sorry,” Derek said quietly, taking my hand and pulling me away from Isaac.

“Where am I supposed to go?” Isaac asked in astonishment, throwing his hands out.

“Somewhere else,” Derek responded, not turning around to look at Isaac as we paused in front of the door. I was holding my breath, struggling not to do or say anything that might make things worse for Isaac.

“Did I do something else wrong, Derek?”

“You’re doing something wrong right now by not leaving. Just get out-“

“Come on-“

“GO!” Derek yelled, grabbing my coffee cup off the table and chucking it at Isaac. I screamed as the mug shattered into bits, slicing Isaac on the side of the face despite him flinching away, and soaking him in coffee. Immediately, I broke away from Derek and took a step towards Isaac, but before I’d even reached him he was heading out the door.

“Isaac, wait!” I called, trying to follow him as he shouldered past Derek, but my boyfriend blocked my path with his broad chest. Taking my cold hand in his large one, Derek jerked me closer so I was encircled in his arms.

“I’m sorry but I can’t have him living here…not after what Deucalion said,” he explained quietly, imploring me with his green eyes. I looked up at Derek’s grief-stricken, guilty expression and decided to wipe away the last lingering bits of rage I was feeling towards him. It was apparent in the crease between his eyebrows and the glossy tint to his eyes that he hadn’t wanted to do that to Isaac, but had had to in order to ultimately save Isaac’s life. Instead I lay my head over his heart and wrapped my arms around Derek’s waist, enjoying the intimacy for a few minutes before I pulled away and went to the closet to get the broom.

“You, sir, owe me a coffee,” I said with a smirk as I swept up the shards of pottery and dumped them into the trash. Derek rolled his eyes, the corners of his lips turning up as he headed over to pour two cups of coffee.  I’d just put the broom away and sat down at the table with Derek when he suddenly grabbed the back of my head and kissed me fiercely, passionately, almost pulling me into his lap. I wrapped my arms around Derek’s neck, twining my fingers in his black hair and enjoying the taste of his spicy-yet-sweet lips moving against mine.

“I like your shirt,” Derek mumbled huskily as he pulled away, letting me slide back into my seat and take a sip of my fresh coffee. A grin lit up my features as I glanced down at the red and black patterned top that had a plunging v neckline and lacy bits at the bottom; my triskelion necklace hung over my chest, framed nicely by the shirt’s cut and matching the flecks of black in the fabric.

“Thanks. And I really love the necklace, Derek. You didn’t have to do that.”

“But I wanted to. Now we’re matching,” Derek said in a rather cheesy manner, I thought. I smiled sweetly at him again, enjoying the lighter happier side of Derek that I’d been seeing lately. But deep inside, guilt plagued me over my conversation with Stiles; so far, Derek had no idea that I knew anything about the sacrifices, and I liked it better that way. On the other hand, I had a feeling that Derek was keeping something from me, and I didn’t like the idea of that much more. I’d just ducked my head to take another sip when I noticed the time on the clock above the microwave, and I leapt up so fast I sloshed my coffee all over the table and down my shirt.

“Shit, I needed to leave like now! Ah, and I’ve gotta go change my shirt now, dammit. Derek honey, could you pour this into a travel cup for me please? Thanks!” I shouted quickly, running down the hall to our bedroom as Derek chuckled in amusement.

“Don’t call me honey!” he yelled after me as I slammed the bedroom door shut and stripped my shirt off. I laughed out loud to myself at his response, yanking on a clean top and slinging my messenger bag over my shoulder in two minutes flat. I did a quick touch-up of my unruly curls before jogging back into the kitchen, snagging my coffee, and planting a brief kiss on Derek’s warm, inviting pink lips. As I rode down the elevator, I remembered that I was supposed to tell Derek about the whole Darach-sacrifices thing, and I shot him a quick text.

Meet me at school for lunch?

He responded a few minutes later, as I was walking to my Jeep.  

Sure, see you then. With a relieved smile, I grabbed the door handle and swung it open, not even thinking to look behind me. Suddenly a shadow fell over my car, and I turned with a gasp as something sharp and chemical-y shrouded my senses and tight arms restrained my frantic movements. I felt my consciousness fade away quickly as I shot out a panicked thought to Derek. Help!

***                                                                  ***                                                      ***

Derek’s POV

            After Chris left for school, I called up Cece and Peter to come over so we could discuss what to do about the Alphas. I’d been trying not to involve Chris because of Aiden’s unnerving interest in her, but it was getting difficult. Surely Scott and Stiles have told her something about it. Before I could dwell on that thought much longer, the door opened and Peter and Cece trooped in, followed quickly by Scott.

“What’re you doing here?” I demanded, leading them into my office of sorts; it was really just an empty room that had a couch, a long conference-style table, and documents and sketches that I’d been working on with Monica and Isaac about the sacrifices. Chris, of course, knew nothing about any of this stuff, and she was under the impression that I didn’t either. I hated lying to her but it was safer for Chris when she didn’t know every gory detail; she had a tendency to get herself into trouble with Scott and Stiles.

“I want to help. The Alphas need to be stopped, and I know where they are,” Scott announced, facing me across the table as Peter came to stand beside me and Cece went down the hall to fetch Monica, who’d been in a state of depression ever since Erica’s death. I’d tried talking to her several times, but she’d just blown me off or pretended to listen and then gone back to sulking; I didn’t know how to get through to her and I was worried.

“We already know that they’re living in Allison’s building. We followed the twins after school,” Monica snapped as she and Cece entered the room, taking position at the end of the table.

“Maybe they want us to know where they are,” Scott suggested, turning to look at me.

“Or maybe they don’t care if we know,” Peter interrupted rather cynically, crossing his arms over his chest. I rolled my eyes at the two of them, directing my next words at Scott as I informed him of our plan to attack the Alphas tomorrow in their penthouse. A preemptive strike was the most logical solution Peter and I had come up with, and although Scott hated the idea of more killing, he finally agreed to come with us. Peter and Scott were saying something about a Hydra and summer reading when the apartment phone rang loudly, jarring everybody in the room.

“Hello?” I said cautiously, picking up the line and listening with bated breath; nobody ever called our landline because we didn’t give that number out.

“Is this Mr. Hale? It’s Barry, from the lobby.” I sighed audibly, irritation grating at my mind at the interruption.

“Yes, this is him speaking.”

“So sorry to interrupt, Mr. Hale, but I thought you might want to know that one of your two cars has been left open and unguarded in the parking lot.”

I froze in my move to hang up the phone, concern creeping down my spine. “Which car?”

“The red Jeep Wrangler, sir. The front door is wide open and there appears to be a bag left abandoned on the asphalt. Would you like me to go close it for you?”

               I didn’t respond as I sprinted out of the room faster than any of the others could react to what they’d heard over the phone. I leapt down the four flights of stairs without regard to any injury I might sustain; I was healed before I’d even reached the parking lot, and as I approached Chris’s abandoned car I felt my heart thudding painfully in my chest. No. No, this can’t be happening. They didn’t take her; they didn’t. Even as I tried to deny it, I smelled the chloroform beside Chris’s Jeep and the scent of another werewolf. I was too panicked to identify the smell, but I knew it was the Alphas; who else would bother to kidnap my fiancée? I knelt down and picked up Chris’s bag with shaking hands as Scott, Monica, and Cece ran out after me.

“Derek, is she…?” Scott asked breathlessly, his voice trailing off in horror as he too smelled what I smelled. Luckily there didn’t seem to be any blood on the scene, but I lost Chris’s scent halfway across the parking lot. I growled loudly, turning to regard the others as my Alpha took over.

“We need to find her. Now.”

***                                                                  ***                                                      ***

Chris’s POV

            I came to in a state of confusion and outrage, struggling against the binds that held me captive to the chair I was seated on. Glancing around frantically, I expected to recognize the familiar faces of Aiden and Deucalion, Kali and Ethan and Ennis, but instead found myself face-to-face with a different recognizable face.

“Cece?” 

************************************************************************************

Hey readers! Sorry for the cliffhanger ending but you guys are gonna freak next chapter ;) I originally continued from this point but decided it would be better to leave you wondering why Cece kidnapped Chris! And trust me, it's not what you think :) So please please vote and comment! I love reading all your comments, and you guys did SO well last time! :D Also I've come to the decision to end this book in about 2-4 more chapters, depending on where the story naturally reaches an end. But expect it to be finished in the next two weeks, maximum! But have no fear, after I update this I will post all the information and stuff on the third book, the Peter Hale love story, and the Twins romance. So check that out! And also check out the trailer on the right >>> Its really awesome! Thanks for all your support guys, I really appreciate it and I love all of you! Thanks again xoxoxo 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

650K 32.6K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
200K 4.2K 46
"ั•ะฝe waั• ั‚ะฝe า“ฮนre ั‚ะฝaั‚ ฤธepั‚ ั‚ะฝe world ะฒฯ…rnฮนng." She was a girl, outcast by her home in England and imprisoned for her crimes. That is until Earl Ings...
10K 135 31
When a Nazi soldier meets a Jewish girl, who's on the run with her family from the Gestapo, everything seems to change in Anton Engel's perspective o...
1M 17.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...