The Gangleader's Obsession ✔️

By shanibhani

🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: ... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
PART TWO
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
The End
Poems for the Characters

Chapter 4

2.3K 87 15
By shanibhani

BRAD

I ran upstairs after dressing the wound. As I entered the room, I saw that the tray was empty, and Shania was on the bed taking a nap.

I didn't want to wake her so, I took the tray, brought it down and washed the dishes before getting ready for work. I also ensured that I called my physician to look at her, booking a home appointment at twelve.

I ran upstairs to the walk-in closet and changed into a grey suit. The suit was tailored to fit me perfectly and the jacket had black buttons and two hidden pockets at the sides. My hair was combed back and a few strands of brown fell onto my forehead.

I entered the bedroom to find Shania still asleep, not wanting to disturb her I wrote a letter, leaving it on the nightstand and made my way out the room towards the garage.

I entered the garage, walking towards my black Lykan Hyper sport. I started the car, listening to the engine come alive before driving to work.

"Good morning Mr. Homes," my assistant said as I stepped onto my floor.

"Morning Monica, any calls or messages from the board?"

"No messages but, there were a few calls from a Mr. Lionel Kane. He said he had an offer that you couldn't refuse," she replied.

I stopped mid step, mentally cursing. Kane. I had to get this finished and the only way to do that is to hear what he had to say. He came into my life five days ago and look at what I did. He was fucking with me.

"Oh really, get him on the phone," I said making my way to my office.

"Yes sir."

"Oh and Monica?"

"Yes?"

"Send some tulips and roses to the Mrs. for me."

"Will do sir," she replied.

I entered my office. It was the one with a wooden door with a glass window at the top, and a plaque saying 'CEO'.

My office was large with a bookcase to the left and to the right was a study desk, piled high with folders. I had a personal bathroom and on the walls were shelves filled with multiple awards. A few being, 'Most Improved Company', 'Company of the Year' and 'Youngest Achiever'.

The Youngest Achiever, I won last year when I was 23. I was seen as a kid in the industry, destined to mess up but I proved them wrong.

In the centre of the room stood my mahogany desk, with a leather armchair and a view of the city behind it.

I put my briefcase on the table, before sitting in my chair and logging into the computer. I went for the folders and began to evaluate them, typing what needed to be typed and signing what needed to be signed.

I did this for the next five hours until it was 1 o'clock, lunchtime. I was about to leave when I heard the phone ring, I answered it.

'Sir it's Monica, Mr. Kane is on the other line, should I patch him through?'

'Yes sure. Monica, are the flowers taken care of?' I said as I looked at my gold wristwatch.

'Yes sir,' she said as she patched through Mr. Kane.

'Hello,' I said coldly.

'Hello, Mr. Homes or should I say Daniel?'

My blood boiled as I heard his voice on the other line. I never want to hear him call my name ever.

"What do you want Kane?"

'You have 15 minutes to get to Lincoln Bridge,' he said and hung up.

I knew Kane too well when he told you to meet him, you either show up or prepare for the consequences.

...and the Lincoln Bridge was twenty minutes from here.

I stood hurriedly, striding out the door and made my way to the elevator.

"Monica I'll be out for a while hold my calls and clear my schedule," I said as the elevator closed.

***

I woke to the scent of Louis Vuitton — Sun Song, a Cologne Brad usually wore, it was his signature scent. I turned on the bed, I saw that the tray was gone, and there was a note on the nightstand. It read:

I called your company and told them you were in an accident so don't worry. They gave you a month to recover with pay...

I called a physician he will be over soon his name is Dr. Knight. He will evaluate you please cooperate and I will be back to look after you soon.

I am so sorry,

Your Brady boo

I placed the note back on the nightstand. Any sane woman would have taken this chance to hightail out of here but I had been running for years now and trust me, what Brad did to me wasn't the worst I had received.

Call me stupid but I rather face this demon than the ones from my dark past.

Deciding to get up, I changed into black jeans pants, a blue tank top, and my bedroom slippers. Next, I made my way to the living room.

I laid on the couch watching 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' and my eyes brightened with anger at how the man treated his wife. Tyler Perry was a man of many talents. He knew how to relate to his audience and tackle everyday issues.

Ding-dong

I sighed as I heard the door sing, I lazily walked over to it and opened it.

I looked at the small woman in front of me and smiled as I saw the flowers in her hands.

"Mrs. Homes?" the woman asked.

"That's me," I said half-heartedly.

She handed me the flowers and I accepted them and signed for them before bidding her goodbye. I smelt the tulips and roses before moving to the kitchen to put them in the water. I looked at the card attached and frowned.

"He had Monica buy them," I huffed. "So Brad-like."

I trashed them in the bin before walking back to the couch and resuming my show. I was applauding and cheering on the female lead as her husband got his karma, served by her. That's my kind of girl.

Justice had been served...

Ding Dong

"Give me a break!" I cursed before answering the door.

A man dressed in a white coat, a navy blue pants and a light blue shirt stood before me. He wore test glasses, his eyes were black the same for his hair and the mascara around his eyes.

Weird.

He looked like he was Japanese and had a punk look, all he was missing were piercings and tattoos, but I don't judge a book by its cover. He must be a good doctor for Brad to hire him.

"Mrs. Homes," he said as his eyes met mine.

"You must be the doctor, Dr. Knight? Either that or you have sucky fashion sense."

He chuckled, dimples appearing at his cheeks. I wish I had dimples there.

"Yes ma'am, may I come in?"

"Sure, you can set up in the living room," I said as he walked through the door, passing me.

He looked me over for broken bones or any serious injuries. It took about fifteen minutes at most and soon we were through.

"You're good but take these for the pain," he said passing me some painkillers. "Can I use your bathroom? I've been holding it for three hours now."

"Sure, first door to the right down the hall," I giggled. "Don't start doing the wee-wee dance on me now." I joked.

He laughed before quickly exiting the room and going down the hall.

Ding-dong

"Coming," I grunted as I swallowed a pill dry and went to open the door.

Why was this damn door ringing so much?

"Dani?" I said as I opened the door to meet her blue eyes.

"Get in and go upstairs! He'll be back any minute," she said as she pushed me upstairs and into the bedroom.

She closed the door and pulled out a gun.

A gun!

My heart pounded against my chest. The sound pierced my ears. I began to sweat as I looked at the gun. I could take her but not as fast as she could pull the trigger.

"What are you doing?" I asked with confusion in my voice. "I'm sorry about your brother but I don't think killing me is best decision here."

"He's not my brother he is my partner Agent Rodriquez and I am not Dani. I am Agent Bromez of the FBI."

I stood there in shock. What the hell?

She stood before me in a floral mini dress that hugged her body and her hair was in a ponytail like mine.

"Y-you're a-"

"No time for talking. Your life is in danger. That man you let in here is no doctor, he is here to take you away or worse kill you," her words shocked me and I stared at her with wide eyes. Why would he want to kill me?

"Go to the bathroom and twist the left leg on the bathtub. There will be a tunnel underneath it, follow it and stay at the end until the coast is clear," she said pointing her gun to the door.

"How do you know this?"

"Let's just say you didn't get this house by chance and you didn't meet me by accident. Now go!"

I nodded then I ran to the bathroom when she called me back.

"Here use this to call for help," she said as she threw me a phone, a Nokia, and a handgun. "It won't be traced and remember don't trust anyone. Find your husband and get out of here. He'll explain everything."

I nodded once more.

I went into the bathroom twist the leg and the tub lifted to reveal a tunnel. I heard the room door open and close. I went into the tunnel and pulled down the tub and it clicked back into place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 13.2K 66
Working at Atlanta's popular club in town trying to get information for herself. She was only working there for necessary means, only for Kazimir to...
280K 9.2K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...
349K 2.5K 12
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He rasped beside my ear then slowly but seductively brushed h...
2.1M 71.9K 30
"Emma, you're playing with fire" he whispered against my ear and the warm breath tickled my earlobe, sending electricity down my spine. "What if I li...