The Immortals

By Arrihanna

Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, an... More

The Immortals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5
Chapter 5 Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 6(pt 2)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8
Chapter 8 part 2
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 Pt2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.5(bonus)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Authors Note:
PREVIEW-The Warriors
2020 note

Chapter 35

81.3K 3.2K 771
By Arrihanna

all rights reserved/2016

Unedited!

THE IMMORTALS

Chapter 35

Dr. Gage Knox shut the door of the small medical room and faced Caine. He clicked his pen and sighed.

Caine cleared his throat, " she's healing perfectly fine right?"

The doctor shook his head, " she will be fine... Eventually," he sat down at his desk and beckoned for Caine to sit.

" I need to know everything," He said. Caine looked at him oddly.

" For me to understand her condition you need to tell me what kind of physical and emotional trauma she's bin through. Because she's been  abused for way longer than two months."

Caine looked way more uncomfortable than he should have.

Gage had no clue clue what Lila had been through but he knew it couldn't have been good. Caine didn't really seem like the perfect mate to him, he wasn't sure what to expect.

Caine gave him an angry look, " I don't have to tell you that information," he growled, "what goes on between me and my mate is none of your damn business," he went to stand up.

It was Gage's turn to growl, " Alpha Collins, I'm not judging you. But in order for me to help her I need to know everything," he slammed his pen down and glared at Caine.

Caine looked like he wanted to rip his throat out, but soon enough he sighed and sat back down.

" Fine. If you tell anyone this I will not hesitate to kill you and your family."

Dr. Gage swallowed. He wasn't quite expecting that reaction.

Caine looked uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his neck. "Where should I start..."

"At the beginning."

Caine rung his hands together, " Uhh...her family died when she was eighteen-a couple years ago. She started killing Alphas of surrounding packs on orders of her Alpha, she didn't really seem fazed by it when I found h-"

Gage nodded, " for the last few years she's been struggling with the loss of her parents probably- she tried to fill it with something, was angry, started killing... Ok proceed."

Caine gave him a look and kept going, " I ahh... Found her about a year ago, I inducted her into my pack-"

" Did she want to be inducted?" The Dr asked.

There was a moment before Caine replied. He clenched his fists, "... No... I did it without her permission."

Dr Gage nodded and sighed.

Caine kept on going,"we had a rough relationship from then on. She was always arguing and fighting with me. Constantly disrespecting me-"

" Did you treat her well?"

Caine narrowed his eyes at the interruption, he clenched his jaw to keep from yelling at the doctor.

" She needed to learn a lesson or two in obedience, but we moved past it-"

" Did you hit her?"

The was a deafening silence as Caine balled his fists.

"Yes."

"So this girl who lost her parents,her old life and who was trying to adjust to new pack life- you thought it would be smart to physically abuse her to get what you wanted?" The Dr's tone was dry and condescending and Caine wished he had never asked for help.

"I- it wasn't like that," but it really was.

" I was upset with her because she wouldn't let me mark her willingly...and she had slept with another man," Caine spat out.

" And what exactly were the circumstances? Did you ask her why she slept with another man?" Gage looked right into his soul, Caine started to dislike the doctor.

" She had been taken by force by one of the alphas she killed-"

" So instead of helping her get over her past you forced her into mating with you. You raped her-"

"Yes but she got over it. Everything was fine. Lila even came to me for sex once- she chose it," Caine gripped the chair he was sitting in. His breathing was heavy and his heart beating faster than normal. 

" Caine, Lila is so emotionally damaged she had no idea what she was doing that night. I assure you. She was so messed up she didn't know right from wrong," Gage's voice was pushing him to the edge. He scribbled something his notepad.

Caine blew up, " I know what I did was wrong! Every time I look at her I regret everything thing I did to her! I don't want to hear your shit anymore, you're just telling me what I already know," Caine's growl was deadly. He stood up and shoved his chair back. He wanted to punch something.

Dr Gage leaned back and grinned, "Mr Caine, Lila will be fine physically very soon. Her wounds are all closed, she will be sore for a couple more weeks but other than that she'll be grand. It's not my business to stop you from mating with her, but she's still weak. Exercise and lots of food. She'll probably have nightmares for the rest of her life, her control over them will get better though. Lila will probably never be the same- but in time she'll be just fine."

Caine wanted to break Gage's fucking neck, "if you knew she'd be fine, why the fuck did I tell you all that?" He growled.

Dr Gage clicked his pen, " that was to help you Caine."

~

I dressed in the clothes the Doctor gave me and went to meet Caine. He was waiting for me just outside the front doors.

His fists  were clenched and his eyes were dark. He stopped pacing when I shut the door behind me, alerting him of my presence. Caine's eyes met mine and he relaxed a bit.

" I thought that it went pretty good Caine. He said I was healing just fine," I started slowly, careful not to say something wrong, "...why are you so upset?"

I could tell that he wanted to say something but instead all I got was;      " just leave it alone Lila."

I sighed.

" Its fine Caine. I just thought that you might've wanted to tell me. Mates don't keep secrets..." I tried guilting him into telling me but he clearly wasn't falling for the bait. Whatever, I was too tired to care anymore.

" It was nothing Lila. I'm serious."

I looked away. Hugging my arms around my body.  He grunted and reached for me. I stepped out of the the way, dodging his grip.

He growled, annoyed, but calmed himself down quickly. There were other wolves outside already and Caine probably decided he didn't want to embarrass himself by blowing up at me.

He starting walking towards the house. I followed right behind him, looking around at the few people outside.

It was barely four in the morning. When I questioned him about why we couldn't go during the day, he told me quiet down and eat my food. End of conversation.

I yawned, I wasn't sure if Caine would ever get a better attitude. Probably not.  He grumbled something that I couldn't hear and I sighed.

This is the last fucking person I wanted to see.

Caine's thoughts flowed into my head and I glanced around him. There was a group of three men approaching us.  The one is the middle was an alpha.

This time I let Caine take me hand.

" Caine, what a surprise to see you awake so early. Is this your wonderful mate Ive heard so much about?" His voice was cold and mocking.

Caine gripped my wrist tighter, I glanced up. Caine's jaw was clenched shut and his eyes were swirling black with his blue. He was trying to keep his temper in check. I stepped in front of him and stuck my hand out.

" Actually yes," I gave the man the sweetest most flirtatious smile I had, "I'm Lilianna, it's so nice to meet you."

He was taken aback for a moment, surprised at my confidence. Usually woman were quiet around other alphas, waiting to be called on to talk. He smirked at me, "the pleasure is all mine, Lilianna. Caine you never told me she was so sweet," he looked at Caine, who was yet to say something.

He went to grab my hand when Caine growled, "don't touch her Darren. She's mine." Darren's grin fell, replaced with a sneer.

"Always yours Caine. Just watch, one day they won't won't you anymore-"

" I'll see you in the meeting tonight Darren." Caine hissed through gritted teeth. Darren snorted and walked past, winking at me before leaving. I waited until Darren and his bodyguards were out of earshot.

" Who's that..  Caine?" I tugged on his shirt. He growled at the retreating back of Darren and turned back to me.

" Caine?" I said again.

He grunted, " that's Darren Collins... My cousin." He pushed me forward again and we kept moving.

" You never told me you had a cousin?" I scrunched up my nose.

"He's a little shit and I hate him. I never thought you would meet him so I never bothered telling you," he said. I scoffed.

" You hate your cousin."

" Yes."

"... talk about family drama," I mumbled under my breath. He squeezed my arm tighter and I bit my lip.

" Respect Lila. I know you struggle with this, but other pack- other alphas will be looking up to me, no undermining me I front of anyone.... please, " he tried to say it nicely but he still sounded like a douche bag.

" Caine, you sound like an asshole," I told him, matter of fact. He pushed the door open and I followed him in.

" It's because I am one Lilianna," he growled. No arguments there Caine.

" So let's make a deal Lila," he said, "you play the part of the perfect mate, and I'll let you off the hook for the months with no sex," he said.

I shivered. " Wow Caine, thanks for your generosity in this situation. You're still acting like an asshole." I glared at him and moved away from his grasp.

He growled behind me, "I'm serious Lila. I don't blame you for being upset with me, but I still need you to behave.... At least in front of other people," he crossed his arms, a grin forming on his lips, "maybe not in the bedroom though."

I breathed in to keep from crying in frustration, " you might think that's funny Caine, but it's not." We were starting to get looked at from the few men that were awake. Caine glanced around.

" And don't pretend that I didn't hear you talking with- with Alec," I glared at him and tried to make myself look threatening. Caine's smirk disappeared at my words.

" Lila-"

" I know that you're disgusted with my body right now, but next time don't talk about how my tits got smaller and how my knife wounds don't appeal to you right in front of me," I was surprised that my voice didn't shake through my rant and mentally clapped myself on the back for telling Caine off.

I started up the stairs to our room,"and you know what Caine?" I turned towards him, he looked pissed off, "I'm NOT sorry that you haven't got to fuck me in months. So... so you can go and fuck yourself!" I shouted and stomped the rest of the way up the stairs.

My heart was pounding in my chest and I thought I was going to start crying. I leaned against the wall.

Ryan chuckled beside me and I turned towards him.

" Where did that come from?" He laughed. I glared at him.

" Shut up Ryan. I'm mad," I growled and crossed my arms.

He laughed again and began walking downstairs, " okay Lila," he teased, "I guess I'll just go and fuck myself too."

I groaned and shut the bedroom door behind me, locking it so Caine couldn't come in.

I began filling the tub with hot water, getting as soon as I could. I scrubbed myself thoroughly, getting all the grossness of the medical bay and the dirtiness I still felt from Octaves off me.

I silently thanked the gods that he was dead.

What do you think?!

Thanks for voting,commenting, and sharing everyone!

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
66.7K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
Kyle By Gabby

Werewolf

7.5K 524 25
Third story in the Alpha's Daughter and the Beta's son series. Kyle is now the alpha of the Nightshade pack and he is now looking for his mate. Wha...
342K 15.5K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...