The Rogue Dragon

By anythingeeky

The sequel to The Last Dragon Rider Scarlet, now comfortable in her own skin, has finally settled into her ne... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Tag thing
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 6

3.6K 244 17
By anythingeeky

Scarlet POV

They were here.

They were flying in from everywhere, we were outnumber greatly. The rogue, the black scaled dragons were flying in and killing everything in sight. Astrid was unrecognizable, she was torn apart. The twins were behind me. Emerald and Coal were shouting for their mom, and dad. I watch helplessly from ground. I went to pull out my bow and arrow but they weren't there, my knifes were gone. I could only watch as Ember and Bane tried to take on one of the bigger dragons. They were losing. I tired to scream for help but my voice wouldn't work.

One by one I watch my family get torn apart by the dragons with black scales. Their blood was flung into the wind. The street were stained crimson from the fallen dragons. I heard a Whoosh behind me. I saw the red and green scales flash by me and get carried off by a rogue dragon. Emerald and Coal were in the talons of a rogue. I saw the talons pierce through their bodies. The dragon dropped them. I felt like I had been shot.There voices rang through my head

"Aunty Scarlet!"

"Lets play."

"You're it!"

The tears started to come and they poured out off my eyes faster than Niagara falls. There was a gaping hole in my chest. What am I going to Ember and Bane? I looked for them which proved to be a challenge with my watery eyes. I saw them in the distance. Ember had latched herself onto the back of a rogue, she bite and slashed at the dragon with everything she had. I realized why, the dragon had Bane by the neck. It jaws seemed to never open, it shook Bane around. Bane's body went still and Ember roared with so much rage that it shock the ground I stood on. Bane's body dropped from the sky. The rogue shook Ember of his back and snapped its jaw at her. No Ember Please. They clashed and the rogue got the first hit and drew blood from Embers stomach with its talons.

Ember ignored it and bit the wing of the other dragon, she drew blood as well. The rogue's wing was crippled and was flying a bit funny. Ember you can do it. The rogue looked furious and with speed I thought wasn't possible we flew at Ember. Ember didn't have enough time to react before the dragon was latched onto her back clawing and biting at everything. I felt the pain, I felt all of it just by watch helplessly from the side. Every slash, every claw, every bite, and it was more painful than anything. Ember jerked the dragon her back around but then it got its jaw of wicked sharp teeth locked around Ember's neck. I heard the snap from here. Ember stopped all movement and fell to the ground defeated. Dead.

I screamed.

.....

Aaron POV

The sun had just risen when I heard Scarlet begin to shift. She must be awake too, my back was a little stiff from sleeping on the couch. I sat up and stretched out my arms. I walked into the closet to grab a shirt and then to the bathroom to fix my hair and wash my face. When I walked out of the bathroom the sheets made weird noises as Scarlet moved around. I looked to see her still fast asleep. Even though she was asleep a look of pure terror was on her face. I quickly went to the bed side and tired to wake her up. I placed a my hand on her shoulder to shake her but she was shaking me. Her body seemed to shiver and jerk at random.

"Hey Scarlet." I said and gently shook her, all of sudden tears started to pour out of her eyes. Oh god what do I do?

"Scarlet!" I say a little louder. She curls into a ball and screams. I jump back at first, realize she's still asleep, and quickly move back to her as he cries fill the room. I've never heard a scream so heart wrenching.

"Scarlet wake up!" I shout. She shoots up, her eyes wide. Scarlet was still crying, silent tears poured out of her eyes. She has a wild look in her eyes, we lock eyes.

"Th-they are d-dead." She stutters, "I-I couldn't he-help." She start to rock a bit.

"It was just a dream, you're okay." I say to her as gentle as I can, but this doesn't stop the shattered looked her eyes hold. It was like glass, shattered, it went right down to her soul. Her tears slowly come to an end and her shaking stops.

"It was just a dream." I hear her mutter quietly.

....

Scarlet POV

I've never had a dream that felt so real. I've don't think I've ever been in so much pain in my entire life. Nothing compares to it. I sat on the bed staring blankly at the wall. The image of my family dying replayed over and over.

"Are you okay?" Aaron asks from beside me. Oh yeah, he's still here and its not getting any less awkward.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say as steady as I can. "Thank you." I add, I was grateful for what he did I'm pretty sure I would still be freaking out if he wasn't here.

"Umm, no problem." He says but it sounded more like a question."I have to go down to the office. Someone can show you there if you need it."

"Okay." I say. I was still very tired but I fear what will happen if I go back to sleep. I slide out of the comfy bed and walk to bathroom to get dressed. I take my time putting on my armor and taking out my hair. My braided hair turns into lose wave that drape over my shoulders and down my back. There are dark bags under my eyes. I splash some water on face hoping to make it look a little better.

I didn't even want to try to navigate the hallways so I just jumped out the window.

.....

Unknown Pov

Run faster, Don't stop, Run

You need to find her. She is who they are looking for.

Run faster, keep going, you'll be there soon, keep running.

Stop. This is it, she should be here. Ignore the fatigue. Find her first and then you can rest until then keep going we need to find her.

Wow there are so many people here. Why are they looking at me? Is it my mark? The dirt on my face? I think I see the capital building. Its the biggest so it had to be right? Sprint you'll get there faster.

Everything is so bright.

Wait why is that girl jumping out the window?

...

Back to Scarlet

I landed in a crouch and dusted the dirt off my hands. There was someone by the front door. From the back he well built and stood at least a couple inches taller then me. His clothes were torn in some places and covered in dirt. His hair was unevenly cut as if he had it himself. He just stood looking at the door and then he turned towards me.

The first thing I noticed was his eyes. They were dark gray, not to the point where they were black but like a ash gray. He looked to be the same age as me. His eyes scanned me and stopped when he saw my flame, he turned towards me completely so I could see his entire body. My eyes widen when I came to the flame on his neck too.

"Dragon rider." I say so silently. My disbelief and mixed emotions made me speechless.

"Scarlet." He says and takes a step towards me. "It's nice to finally meet you."

My amazement and shock turned quickly into suspicion. How did he know my name? Who is he? Where is from? Has he been in the society the whole time? What does he mean finally meet me? My gaze turned hard and I put my guard up.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm like you." He answers, with little emotion. He's trying to not give to much information. Using dragon hearing I listened very closely. His heart beat was fast. He was either excited or nervous. That made a big difference, but he still didn't answer my question.

"How do you know my name and who are you?" I say a bit more forcefully still listening to his heartbeat. His heart skipped a little, maybe out of fear but maybe he was about to tell a lie.

"I know your name because the dragons talked about you." Dragons? "I'm a rider like you. My names Dylan."

"What dragons?" I ask very curious, as far as I know there are no dragon riders at any of the other coves.

"The ones you are fighting against. The ones who want you dead. The rogue." Dylan answers. I whip out my bow, notch an arrow, and aim it at him. If he were smart he know not to move. How in the world does he know about the Rogue? Is he working with them? Is he here to kill me? Whats is going to do? Goddammit there is so much I don't know, to many questions.

"How do you know about them?" I shout, having no trust in him whatsoever I made sure he didn't leave my sights.

"They talked about you outside where they had me." He begins but with more questions running through my head I stopped him to ask.

"Where did they have you? Are you working with them?" I say forcefully. If the answers to the second question was yes I was letting the arrow fly.

"I'm not working with them," I'm not sure I believe him, " They had me captive for as long I can remember. They taught me what I was about the dragons and they talked about you."

"Why me? Why not anyone else and why didn't they kill you?" Slowly I feel my guard slip and I lower my bow slightly but not all the way.

"They didn't kill me because they said I wasn't the right one. They said something about my blood. There's is something in your blood that they are after. Something that makes you different. That's why they want you." Without realizing it my bow was at my side. Unconsciously I was trusting him, but was that feeling right?

"Why is my blood so important." I say. Though my blood was half dragon and half dragon rider what was it that made it valuable?

"They only talked about it once but they said the person who contains the blood of both dragon and rider will be hard to kill." if I wasn't hard to kill I'd be dead by now. "If a dragon were to kill a person like this then all of their power will be transferred to the dragon. The Rogue Dragons are after the power that you hold and the only way they can get it is by killing you."

"They don't have a snowballs chance in hell of killing me." I hope the words that I spoke wasn't a lie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760 31 7
Hans has escaped D-SQUAD with Calmstrike's two unborn children.  Now alone in the wilderness with two baby dragons to look after, Hans has a who...
180 1 35
Dastan wants nothing more than a practical life. Growing up under the watchful eye of his withered guardian Mrs. Stern, Dastan dreams of one day find...
5.5K 813 49
The world had long since forgotten the age of dragons, those creatures that had once ruled the skies as gods had long since disappeared after the con...
1.9K 66 11
(Sequel to Dragons & Mermaids) A year has passed since Matthias saved the world. Nothing could be better for him. He is rebuilding the Dragon Rider O...