Ninja Princess

By sapphirewolf97

Katie Parker was just a normal girl at home. Her mother passed away when she was 2 years old, and her father... More

Character Info.
Taken or Saved?
Bodyguard
Where are we Going?
Goodnight Princess Sweet Dreams
Kuroro
Merry Christmas
Captured
Father
Rescue
Poisoned
Japan, Here We Come
Shinobi Temple
Meeting the Shinsengumi
Research
Confessions
Whats Going On?
This Means War
Ghost Village
Reimei
New Friends
Memories Resurface
Guidance from a Friend
Final Battle
Epilogue

Spring Festival

90 4 0
By sapphirewolf97

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
A few days have past since we came to the Shinobi Temple. I have to admit, it's very peaceful here. The air is clean and fresh, the grass a vibrant green, and the sky a beautiful blue. Mikki has been coming and going, bring me food, helping me with the change of clothes and is just a great friend.

It turns out her parents died of an attack on their village when she was ten. So almost three years ago. She moved in with her grandfather shortly afterwards. Sometimes I would ask her to sit and eat with me. She was hesitant at first but consented after awhile. She's a sweet, energetic, spirited, and kind hearted girl.

Mikki would stay in my room late at night from us talking. As of right now, we are in my room doing each others hair. I'm braiding her hair and putting flowers in certain spots. Mikki was telling me about their spring festival that is to happen in a couple of days.

"We have some of the villagers set up shops for us to eat and play games. Sometimes late at night you can fire explode in the night sky!" Fire explode? Is she meaning fireworks? A smile makes its way to my face as I understand what she's talking about.

"Do you mean fireworks Mikki?" Her face lights up like a light bulb.

"Yes, that's what they're called!" She says happily.

"Have you ever seen them?" Her face falls to a frown.

"Once, the year my parents were killed. Luckily I got to see them with my parents several months before the attack." I felt so bad for her. No one deserves to have their parents die, even at such a young age.

"There all done." I saw placing the last white flower in her hair. She stood up and walked over to the desk where a mirror was. She came back over shortly after saying,

"Thank you Katie, it's beautiful I love it!" She does a few spins, her hair twirling behind her. A smile covered her face, showing she was truly happy. There was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," I spoke. The door opened to reveal Sasuke.

"We are having a meeting, you need to join us princess." I nod my head, and slowly rose to my feet. I followed Sasuke down the hall and into a larger room. Everyone was sitting on pillows, even Mikki's grandfather. I learned his name was Kenji Hamato. I sat next to Heisuke and Sasuke.

"Glad you can join us princess, now what is it you wish to know Saizo-san?" Kenji senpai asked.

"I've got word that the Shinsengumi are on their way here. They've heard about our situation in the states, and are willing to help." Kenji senpai stroked his mustache in thought.

"I've known the Shinsengumi for ages, and am not surprised they are willing to help. Everyone is willing to fight Nobunaga, and Jinoskue. They rather fight, than be slaves ordered by demons. This will be to our advantage." Kenji said.

"What are we supposed to do in the mean time?" Goemon asked.

"Enjoy the peace and quiet for now. Who knows when we will get this chance again." Kenji senpai said. This gave me an idea.

"How about we all go to the spring festival, after all it is in a couple of days." I said. Everyone was in deep thought.

"I don't know, it would be reckless and dangerous to be out in the open." Saizo voiced his opinion.

"Please, I've been locked up in here for the past few days. It's like I'm a prisoner." Everyone stared at me shocked, then I realized my sudden outburst. "Excuse me," I said quietly standing and leaving the room as quickly as I could.

I didn't run down the hall, but more speed walked. Once I got to my room, I stayed in there for the rest of the night. Mikki brought me my dinner again, but I ate slower than usual. Mikki must have seen, but she didn't question me about it. Awhile later Mikki left, as it was very late.

I laid down on my futon, but just couldn't sleep. Fearing that the terrible events would plague my dreams. Kuroro would curl up next to me, and I would just rub her soft fur. I could hear her purr at the relaxing gesture. I finally decided late into the night or I should say early morning, and got a few hours of sleep.
_________________
The sun was shining, and the sky was clear. I got up and dressed in a floral top, with a pink kimono top over it. Then a long dark purple skirt, with a pink Phoenix or flying bird with flowers on the right side. My long brown hair is in a pony.

I was sitting at the small table drawing some pictures. I glanced up to look at the photos that littered the table. This brought some tears to my eyes as they are no longer with me. I am very thankful that Heisuke packed them. I was brought out of my thoughts to a soft knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called to whoever was at my door. The door slid open to reveal Mikki staring down at the ground. "Mikki! Oh please come in," I ushered her in.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you Katie."

"Oh not at all dear," I smiled at her. She came in and shut the door behind her. She seemed a bit nervous, and I was puzzled as to why. "What's wrong Mikki?"

"I was wondering if you would come play with me outside. I would like for you to meet my friends." I smiled at her.

"I would enjoy that very much. After all, it's better than staying inside all day." Her head shot up with a grin on her face to my answer. I rose to my feet and walked out with her. The halls were busy with some servants walking around but other than that it was quiet.

We finally made it outside, and I spread my arms wide soaking in the suns ray's. Mikki pulled on my sleeve and we headed out of the gates, over to a big clear area of grass. There were two girls and one boy standing waiting.

"Mikki!" One of the girls shouted. She was the same height as Mikki. Her hair was dark brown, just a little past her shoulders. Her eyes were green, and she wore a orange kimono.

Then there was the other girl who had long black hair, about mid back. Her eyes were a soft brown, and she wore a pink kimono. She was holding hands with the small boy.

His hair was black and short, his eyes were a soft brown too. He was about knee high to me. He wore a light blue kimono. Mikki and I soon reached them, and Mikki spoke to her friends.

"Hi guys, sorry it took me so long."

"That's alright Mikki, we just got here." The girl in the pink kimono said.

"Guys this is my friend Katie. Katie these are my friends Rin (orange kimono girl), Sango (pink kimono girl), and Sango's little brother Soji." Mikki introduced us.

"Hello, it's great to meet you all." I crouched down so I was eye level with them all. Soji hid behind Sango holding her hand.

"Don't worry, he's shy." Sango said.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"Soji is four, I'm thirteen, Rin is twelve." Sango answered.

"I will be thirteen in a month!" Rin cheered. After a bit we began to play tag and soon other villager children joined in.
_________________
~~~~(Heisuke's POV)~~~~
I stood on the hill that peers down towards the village. A little ways from the village was a big green grass area. Many of the villager children were there playing along with the princess. The children had smiles on their faces, and laughter could be heard through the air.

Katie was down there playing all sorts of games with them. I was so focused on them, I didn't even hear Kenji senpai walk beside me.

"Beautiful isn't it." My heart skipped a beat but I looked sideways to see him staring at the scene.

"What?" I asked bewildered.

"Love. It's rare to find true love in life." He spoke again. I was still confused as to what he's talking about.

"You won't find a girl like her every dynasty." He said pointing his thumb down towards Katie.

"S-senpai...."

"I've seen the way you look at her. Every time she enters the room your eyes brighten up. Don't bottle up your emotions, because it will be too late if you wait too long."

"I can't," I responded.

"And whys that Toudou-san?" This time he was looking at me.

"Because she is a princess, and I am nothing but a mere guardian. It wouldn't work out."

"Heisuke, I may be an old man but I've learned a lot in my life time. The most important thing in life is love. If you find someone and love them deeply, then rank doesn't matter. Love conquers all Heisuke-san." With that Kenji senpai left after he gave my shoulder a pat.

I just continued to stare at Katie as she played with the children. She's so wonderful. She's sweet, fun, loving, caring, and would be a great mother. Then an idea came to mind. I will ask her to the spring festival.
____________________
~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
The sun started to set, and the children were returning to their homes. Mikki and I were heading back to the temple in time for dinner. After dinner everyone retreated to their rooms for the night. I however stayed up at my table with the help of candlelight. I was reading about the Royal family from the scrolls I've found.

I heard a knock at my door, who could it be at this time of night. I said a quiet 'come in' and Heisuke came in.

"Why are you up so late?" He asked.

"I was reading some scrolls about royalty, and becoming a good princess. What about you?" I asked. Heisuke walked over and sat on an extra pillow I had.

"I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know how so I went for a walk. When I passed by your room I saw light, wondering why you were awake."

"What did you want to ask me?" He seemed a little nervous or scared even. He took a deep breath and said,

"I know the festival is tomorrow, but....would you like to go with me to the spring festival?" My breath got caught in my throat. My heart started to pump really hard in my chest, I could've sworn Heisuke could hear it.

"A-as in a-a-a date?" I stuttered. Why am I so nervous?! I saw a light shade of pink on his cheeks. He had a hand on his neck in a nervous gesture.

"K-kinda....yeah," he stuttered looking at me. The butterflies in my stomach were tingling again. I smiled and said,

"I would love that." A smile made its way onto his face, making his face brighten up.

"Really?" He asked surprised. I nod my head, "Alright, be ready by sun set." I continued to smile. I began to yawn and my eyes started to droop. "It's past your bedtime princess."

I could hear the smile as he spoke. Heisuke helped me to my futon, and covered me up. A wave of exhaustion came over me as I laid down. As soon as my head touched the pillow, darkness surrounded me.
________________
I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. I got up and went to the bowl of water at my small table. I washed my face and dried it off with a towel. I had a good while before getting ready for the festival. I walked out of my room and down the halls leading to the outdoors.

Once I was outside, I heard child laughter over the hill. I walked outside the stone wall and over to a hill overlooking children playing. Mikki was amongst the children.

"Good morning princess," I looked to my right to see Kenji senpai.

"Morning Kenji senpai." I bowed to him in respect. I turned back to see Mikki playing with the other children. She was laughing and smiling.

"I thank you," I turned to Kenji a little confused.

"I'm sorry?" He seemed to catch on, and continued to speak.

"I thank you for everything you've done for Mikki. I haven't seen her smile in ages, nor laugh. She wasn't the same after her parents deaths. I've tried to talk to her, to get through to her..but nothing worked. She distanced herself from the world. That was until you and the others came along. I was surprised to see Saizo and his companions from so long. I heard they found you awhile back and kept an eye on you. That was about three maybe four years ago. But I'm very glad that you're here milady." Kenji senpai spoke.

I stayed silent but responded,

"I haven't done anything special for Mikki. After growing up with no friends...it was nice to have another girl around to talk to. I was just there listening to what she had to say, and let her tell me at her own pace."

"You are good with children, just the other day Soji stayed by your side. He never plays or is near a new person, until he's gotten to know you for a while. But for some reason he has clung to your side." Kenji said aloud. I smiled at the nice comment. I laughed softly and said,

"When my mother died, my father worked all the time. I was pretty much alone but I had Kuroro with me. I would always read books in my free time. When I was ten, I walked by an orphanage and saw kids about the same age as Soji is now. One day I went into the orphanage and took some fun kids books and read to them. The kids loved it, and soon this became a habit. I would help out at the orphanage as much as I could."

I heard a soft hum next to me. The wind blew softly, and flowers swaying in the wind.

"You look just like your mother." I turned to Kenji as he stroked his beard. "I've been friends with your mother for a long time, until she left Japan. You are the spit in image of her." I smiled at Kenji senpai's words.

"Thank you, very much Kenji senpai." He nodded his head before saying,

"The festival will be starting soon," he says heading towards the temple. At the mention of the festival, my heart fluttered. Heisuke was taking me to the festival at sunset. I went back inside to get ready.

I had a nice bath, and found a beautiful kimono. Mikki helped me with getting ready. She was a great help and friend. It was close to sunset, and I was ready. My kimono was black with blue, pink, purple, and white flowers. (Picture on the side) My hair is down in curls.

Mikki handed me some shoes and I was ready to go. Once the shoes were on, there was a knock at my door. Mikki called for them to come in and once the door slid open, my breath stopped.

There stood Heisuke in a black and purple kimono. His hair was tousled, had a sword at his side. And his blue-green eyes were calm and welcoming. He looked handsome.

"Katie, are you ready to go?" Heisuke asked.

"Yes, I was just putting my sandals on when you knocked." Heisuke motioned for me to come and I turned to Mikki. "I'll be back later, so you can do whatever you wish. Enjoy the fireworks with your grandfather."

Her eyes sparkled at the thought and ran off.

"Princess," I turned to Heisuke and he had his arm out to escort me. I wrapped my arm through his and walked with him to the festival. It took us a bit to get to the festival, as I'm trying to adjust to walking in a kimono.
(Play Music Video)
We arrived at the festival, and it was very fun by the looks of it. Vendors had food, masks, clothes, jewelry, games, and much more on display. We were getting hungry, so Heisuke bought dango, and it was delicious.

I heard laughter from beside me, I turn to see Heisuke laughing while trying to eat his dango.

"What?" I asked eating smaller pieces of the precious snack.

"I believe you enjoy the dango? Just by the way your face is reacting to every bite. It's adorable." I blushed at the last part.

"It's so good, I've never had this before!" I smiled at him. Heisuke played a few games and won some prizes. Heisuke picked the prize earning us a treat later. We were walking by a vendor selling cute hair accessories. I looked at them and one caught my eye, but I put it back on the table. It was a silver butterfly with blue gemstones. We walk and eat some more treats here and there.

I felt a person grab my hand making me come to a stop. I turn around to see Heisuke has ahold of my hand.

"What is it Heisuke?"

"Come on, I have a surprise but we have to hurry." Heisuke leads me out of the village onto a small hill. We are by the forest, and Heisuke sits down pulling me down along with him. I was curious as to why we were clear out here from the village, until an explosion of light shined in the sky followed by claps of rumbling.

I gasped taking in the beautiful scene before me. In the dark night sky, fireworks popped out of nowhere making an excellent appearance. There were a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes! The sounds for the after effects sound like thunder.

"Katie?" I turn to face Heisuke at the mention of my name.

"Yes?" His beautiful blue-green orbs brighten up when the fireworks go off. He continued to stare in my eyes, as if he's peering into my soul. The tingling sensation came back as I stare at Heisuke. The butterflies were making their presence known as my stomach churned in nerves.

I hadn't noticed but Heisuke was leaning towards me.

"Did you like the surprise?" I smiled happily and replied.

"I loved it, tonight's been the best night I've had in years. Thank you Heisuke, for the best date ever." Heisuke continued to lean closer to me, as I leaned towards him. Was I ready to kiss him? Could I face him afterwards or ignore him like last time?

I ducked my head too embarrassed because of what happened last time we kissed. I heard movement next to me, then a hand was placed in front of me. I looked at the hand and saw that it was Heisuke's. He smiled down at me in love?

I took his hand and he helped me to my feet. Heisuke still had ahold of my hand, and placed his right hand on my cheek. I leaned into his loving touch, placing my hand on his. Heisuke leaned down, as he towered over me.

I leaned on my tip toes meeting him half way. Heisuke placed his left arm around me, and his right hand still on my cheek. I had my hands on his chest as his lips collided with mine. His lips were soft, warm, and gentle as we moved in sync.

The fireworks continued to go off as we kissed. The finale happened when we had our eyes shut, enjoying the moment we have together. All we heard was the continuous claps of explosions as the finale was finishing up.

We pulled apart, my hand in Heisuke's staring into each other's eyes. We looked into the sky to see a heart was slowly fading from the finale, leaving the sky filled with stars.

"Come on, we better head back to the temple." I meekly nod and we walk back. I leaned my head on Heisuke's shoulder as we walked back hand in hand. We reached the temple and walked down the halls to my room. Heisuke stopped and was about to let me go inside when he wouldn't release my hand.

He pulled me back towards and into his chest. He leaned down and kissed me passionately that I melted into him.

"Goodnight princess," his voice was hushed and out of breath.

"Goodnight Heisuke," and I went into my room closing the door. I placed a hand over my racing heart remembering tonight's events. I couldn't stop smiling and finally was able to lay down.

Hopefully things won't change between Heisuke and I. I missed having him around when he wouldn't speak to me. I just don't want my heart broken.
_______________________________
I'm so sorry about the very late update. Please forgive me as I've been very busy and will continue to be until May. I hope this long chapter makes up for the time that I haven't updated.
Please comment, vote, follow.
Thanks! 💙💚💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 547 15
Yuki Ayumu was an ordinary girl that loved Naruto. Specially the Akatsuki. She wishes she could be apart of that world. Unfortunately, she dies in a...
9.2K 185 26
Naruto finds himself lost after The War. He defeated Madara and yet; he doesn't feel accomplished In the slightest. Sakura finally got engaged with...
34.8K 743 66
HIGHEST RANKS AS OF 2020: 10/10/2020 - #63 in Original Story - #15 in Ressurection 13/10/2020 - #15 in Spirit ...
7.2K 165 18
One incident, just one small incident changed Naruto's point of view. He realised that he doesn't likes Sakura anymore. Instead he slowly started to...