Bruised Hearts

By TainarIsSyRen

With a strike of a pen, their lives changed forever. This story follows four central protagonists, Arnav/Kh... More

Prologue
Remorse
Reason for Being
Void
Vitriolic
Cleansing
Reunion
Confronting the Raizadas
What doesn't Kill, Makes Us Stronger
Changed Tides
Family Drama
Painful Past
Superstar Meets Ranbir Kapoor Fan
Who the Baby Daddy?
Mumbai Connection
Welcome to Mumbai
Surprise
Foiled!
Seeking Answers
Skepticism
Fury
Seeking Information
Prime Suspect
Stealth
Escaping the Men in Black
Ferocious
Rakshas & Janwar
A/N
The Interrogation
The She Devil Underneath the Mask of an Angel
Trip to the Beach with the Little Miss
Common Enemy
Patis on Mission
Dealing with Papa Malik
Team Boys
Step in Right Direction, One Kiss at a Time
House of Hope
Justice League
Holi!
Holi Sweetness!!
Holi Confessions!
Mami Bond
Wicked Stepmother
Inbhestigation!
Inbhestigation Continued!
Radhaji
Long Lost Besties
Maasi Ma
Babyta

Team Boys

2.9K 145 15
By TainarIsSyRen

What the! I just found my baby girl and she's talking about marriage?!? Her marriage?!? My baby and getting married...over my dead body!

Arnav (scowls at RK): Who the hell is this Ranbir Kapoor? And why are you going to introduce MY daughter to him?!?

RK just shrugs his shoulders in response. He knows his little Star will clear things up for her daddy.

Tara (mouth open in shock): DADDY...! You DON'T know Ranbir Kapoor?

Arnav (confused): No baby...should I know him?

Tara stomps her foot and glares at her Arnav. Does her daddy live under a rock?!?

Tara: Ranbir Kapoor...the cutest and best actor...EVER! Daddy...do you live under a rock? (Pouts) How can you not know about him?

RK (sad face): I thought I am the cutest and best actor...EVER.

Tara (with a serious face): Superstar...you're the second best. No one can beat my RK.

Arnav stares unblinkingly at the two. Is he getting it right? This Ranbir Kapoor is an actor? And he's an ADULT? What the...! My FOUR year old baby girl wants to marry an already GROWN MAN? That's it! I need to order a hit on this Ranbir Kapoor. He's done...Poof!

Arnav (sternly to Tara): Missy...you're going to keep at least a 10 feet distance from this Ranbir chap. As for marriage, just forget about it! No boys for you missy... Boys are bad news. They only want ONE thing... NO boy is good enough for you, my princess.

Tara (stomps her feet): Daddy...! That's not fair...you can't keep me away from my RK!

Arnav (growls at RK): And you...why did you tell Tara you'll introduce her to this Ranbir...whatever his last name?

RK (whispers back so Tara won't hear): Dude chill. She'll meet Ranbir while she's with us. After she meets with him, I'll set about ruining his career. That way when baby girl is all grown up she'll forget about him.

Arnav (whispers back): Hmm...Suppose it's a better plan than ordering a hit on him. What about the other boys? She's beautiful. (Scowling) They are going to come after my baby daughter like bees attracted to honey!

RK (still whispering): Aahaan... Well for those boys we'll just have beat them off with sticks, brandish our shot guns and send them packing! (Scowling) They are not getting any funny ideas about our little girl.

Tara taps her foot impatiently as the two men whisper about how to keep her potential suitors away. Getting very annoyed at the secrecy, she puts her hands on the hips and glares at her daddy and Superstar.

Tara: Helllloooo....! I am still here you know...! I wanna know the secret. (Puppy dog face) Share with me pretty pretty please! I am a big girl now...I can keep secrets.

Arnav: Mmm...I was just telling your Superstar that you my little princess are very beautiful and smart...

RK: And I was just telling your daddy that if you choose to...you can take the film industry by storm...

Arnav (to RK): I don't think so...she's going to be in business like her daddy.

RK: No way! She wants to be cool like her Superstar and become an actress...right little Star?

Tara (giggles): Na-ah...! I am going to be a lawyer just like my mama and mima. They are smart girls...I want to be just like them!

Arnav and RK smile at their little imp...yes...THEIR...she's a special little girl. Two mommies and daddies.

Arnav: We should go outside...

RK: Aahaan. Our shernis are probably getting ready to storm in here and murder us.

In the Hallway

Khushi and Madhu are going around in circles, quite agitated. Round and round they go in frustration till they can't take it anymore. They stop and look at the door.

Khushi (biting her fingernails): We should go in there...

Madhu: Yes! I agree...who knows what nonsense they are filling in our angel's head!

Khushi: Ok...that's it...let's go in!

They start walking towards the family room when the door swings open. Arnav, RK and Tara step out.

Arnav (to RK): Seems like we came right on the nick of time...

RK (to Arnav): Aahaan...our Shernis were getting ready to launch an attack.

Khushi (extremely offended): Excuse me?!?

Madhu (equally offended): We are NOT YOUR Shernis!

RK (cheerfully): Sure you are...right Arnav?

Arnav (equally cheerful): Yep...OUR Shernis!

Madhu: Uggh...cut the...uggh! (To Tara) Babyta...what did they say to you?

Khushi (to Tara): Yes...baby...tell mama and mima...what did they say? What happened in there? Did they hurt your feelings?

Tara (giggling): Mama...mima...They are not Rakshas and Janwar. My daddy and Superstar are awesome! They ARE sweeeeeetttt!

The boys grin as their Shernis look aghast. Sweet? What the...!

Tara: Daddy...pick me up from school tomorrow and then we'll go to the park. Superstar...you have to come to the park too!

Khushi (aghast): What the...!

Madhu: But...but...sweetie Nan Nan picks you up everyday...

Arnav (ignoring the ladies): Of course baby...I will pick you up from school. Mmm...where do you go to school?

Tara (giggling): Silly daddy...give me your phone.

Arnav gives her his iPhone. She quickly types in some information and hands it back to her daddy.

Tara: I put in my school address and my phone number. (Giggling) Now we call and text each other anytime we want.

Khushi: Baby! You're supposed to use your cell phone only for emergency.

Tara: Yes mama. And for family too...since daddy is family...I can call and text him anytime.

Arnav (smiling): That's my girl!

RK (pouts and hands Tara his iPhone): Don't I count as family?

Tara (giggles taking the phone): Of course...Superstar...I love you. You can totally have my number.

She quickly types in her phone number and hands it back to RK.

Madhu: This is madness!

RK (grinning): She's a smart girl...she loves us.

Khushi (makes a face): Ok...off to bed missy. It's way past bedtime.

Tara signals Arnav and RK to lower their head. She sweetly kisses each of their cheeks and they slather her with kisses as she giggles.

Arnav: Good night baby. See you tomorrow.

RK: Sleep tight my little Star.

Tara kisses her mama and mima and she walks upstairs for sweet dreams.

Arnav (to RK): Thanks again for telling me about her.

RK: Anytime dude.

Madhu (sarcastic): Awww...listen to them bond.

Khushi (sarcastic): Let's hope they don't go Brokeback Mountain.

Madhu: Go on drinking boys...and leave us alone.

Khushi: Go celebrate your new BOND...

Arnav (to RK): That's not a bad idea...

RK: Aahaan...let's go to Royalty...excellent scotch.

They keep talking and walk out of the house. Leaving their ladies completely flustered. Did the Rakshas and Janwar just ignore them? What the...! How dare they?!? They barge in, disturb their night and walk out as if everything is right in the world! Sighing, Madhu approaches the front door to close but RK pokes his head in.

RK: Ohh...Biwi...your Lovely Singh twins are back and will follow you like the shadow. Don't even try to trick them this time...or I'll carry you kicking and screaming to where YOU ACTUALLY belong, by my side, in my house. Goodnight sweetheart! Sleep tight...

Madhu slams the door shut in his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 2.7K 5
Khushi loved him with all her heart but her love was mistaken, misjudged by him. Shattered and heart broken she left everything behind. Arnav is left...
50.1K 3.3K 27
Arnav and Khushi find themselves married but torn apart by misunderstandings. Arnav's deep-seated hatred for Khushi remains unexplained, while she si...
232K 13.2K 41
Story about previous life, two lovers love unconditionally. Protect each other. Evil people killed them in previous birth before they become one. So...
191K 7.4K 25
Khushi has spent her whole life wanting to love and wanting to be loved. She may love Arnav with her whole heart, but does Arnav love her back? Join...