The Lost Princess ( The Compu...

Von asatabardo

Joshua turn to get a closer view of, his stepmother? Can he even call her that she was younger than him! She... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 24

34.8K 1.2K 38
Von asatabardo

Hello everyone....need awesome book covers done? check out CamelotHealer She is amazing and would love to help you create the book cover of your dreams while you're at it read her lovely books as well!!!!

******

Samantha's eyes greedily scan through the documents in Larry's study. She had waited the entire morning for him to leave the house. So she could start her investigation. Which, at the moment wasn't turning out so great.

She resisted the urge to scream in frustration as she stumble upon another document concerning the estate and expenses. This is useless. She tuck strands of hair behind her ears as she bend on her knees.

Her trembling fingers opened the first drawer. Taking the pile of documents in her hands. She scan through them quickly. Great more useless documents. She did the same with the other two drawers and found nothing.

Standing back on her feet with hands on hip and creased eyebrows. She looked around the small study. It wasn't much really. Just a huge desk. Two wooden armchair and a small table under the window which was wide open.

Samantha's only hope was the desk with three drawers. Think Samantha think. If I am hiding something where would I put it?"  She pace the room nervously while entwining her hands. Samantha brought a halt to her jittery feet and a smile slowly creep up on her face. Rushing back begin the desk she eagerly pulled the first drawer straight out. She remember as a child her father had  a secret compartment hidden in his desk. She was sure Larry had one.

Samantha heart leaped with joy as she saw a small handle behind the last drawer. Using one of her fingers she pulled it out. It was a small wooden box. Raising to her feet. She lift open the top. With shaking hands she took out the bundle of letters that was tied neatly together with a string.

The French stamp on top of it put her mind at ease that they weren't from a lover. Removing the string. She unfold the piece of paper. Of course it is in French! Her eyes rolled like a ball. Some other person would have called it an unfaithful twist. But Samantha welcome the prospect. It was great to refresh her memory with the foreign language.

Slowly reading the letter. Her eyes widened with disbelief. Larry is a French spy!  Larry was betraying his country all this time? Or was he even British ? According to the document,if she red correctly. He was working for an organization called  les ombres. The letter was from one of its members requesting more supplies to be ship and for Larry to keep an eye on Lord Fisher!

Lord Fisher! She mumbled. Why would the French want to keep an eye on Joshua's father. There should be something else concerning him in the rest letters. Moving to the next letter, it went flying to the ground as Samantha fingers trembled with fear. Rushing to the window she saw Larry and his French  Friend. Galloping towards the manor. No! They came back to soon!

Samantha didn't know how she had pry herself from the window with the shock she was in. She slid to the floor where all the drawers lay. One by one she placed them back to there rightful spot.

Shit! She started to curse herself for her stupidity when her eyes caught sight of the small wooden box. Her brain doesn't seems to function when she's under so much pressure.

Folding the open letters quickly. She packed them back neatly in their rightful position. Tie the strings that held them together. Open the second drawer place the small box behind it and close back the drawer.

Samantha ducked under the desk just before the door swung open.

" I can't believe we almost got her! " Larry shouted. Entering his study. With Monsieur Vandenburgh at his heel.

"Patience mon ami, we were only to watch her until the time is right. Besides she wasn't alone her husband was there if we had captured her. He would have been too close for us to make an undetected escape" His French accent was thick as he sat with one foot resting on the table.

"Monsieur Vandenburgh are you sure she is the one? " Larry questioned, folding his arms.

He wasn't one to doubt Monsieur Vandenburgh. They had been friends for years. Since he join the: les ombres which was a secret French organization. Larry was only to ship goods from England to France illegally. It didn't bother him that,it was his own country he was betraying. What did England ever given him? Things changed when they requested him to keep a close eye on the Fisher's. They knew somehow that he was the reason their main enemy's daughter  wasn't in their hands.

Larry had started to doubt his fellow friends as years progress and was ready to travel back to France when he was approached at the docks.

"I heard it from the horse's mouth himself " he smirk.

"It's just that I can't come to believe that Joshua Fisher Is married to the Spanish Princess " He shook his head trying to grasp that fact.

Samantha Who was listening attentively gasp at what she just heard. Her hands swiftly clapped against her mouth. Covering it from making another noise. That would probably get her killed.

"Did you hear that?" Monsieur Vandenburgh questioned, taking his foot off the table. Quickly.

Samantha's heart battered against her rib cage.

"It's probably just a rat " Larry answered nonchalantly.

Yes! Yes! I'm a rat you fool.

Larry sigh as he went and sat behind his desk. Samantha close her eyes tightly. Her teeth sunk into her knuckles, When Larry's feet almost made contact with her body. She felt like she would passed out any minute. She couldn't. It would be like carving her own tombstone, due to the fact that she snore in her sleep.

Mosuire Vandenbergh did smell a rat but he was positive it wasn't the vermin. Larry's fiancée was one sneaky  Lady. He didn't trust her one bit. That time at the docks he knew she understand his language. " Where is your fiancee?"

Larry chuckled. " Probably in her room going crazy. She is very angry at me for not following through with our plans."

Damn you Larry!

" Would you like some whiskey?"

"No,I better be going "  Monsieur stated raising to his feet. " have a lot of work to do" he smirked.

" I understand, let me escort you out."

Samantha let out a huge relief sigh  hearing the receding footsteps and the click of the door being shut. She stayed a few minutes to help calm her erratic breathing. Her head also felt like it would explode  with all the information she just received.

This is one risky job. How did she ever let Joshua Persuade her to do such a thing? It have to be that sinful smile of his and gorgeous eyes that could make any woman do his bidding. "Oh why did one man has to be so gorgeous!" She grumbled crawling from under the desk.

With shaking legs. She walked towards the exit. Her hands were just about to spin the door open when she heard Larry's voice from the other side.

Oh shit!

Not having time to make it back under the desk Samantha went for the window. With her rush to escape instead of standing on the board that covered their lovely porch. She slipped and slide at the edge. Her fingers sunk into the edge of the wooden roof top. Sam mashed her lips together to stop herself from screaming.

With frightened eyes. She cast them to the ground. The landing wouldn't be enough to kill her but she would be seriously injured. Maybe a few broken bones.

Samantha couldn't believe she had came to this position. If someone had told her that she would be dangling like a half broken tree branch, from her rooftop. She would have send them to see a doctor.

Samantha fingers began to burn. She didn't need eyes to know that they were blood shot red. She whined like an injured puppy, at the pain. Her fingers couldn't hold her weight anymore and she wasn't strong enough to pry herself up. Her heart was like a hammer.

" I almost forget to give this letter. " Larry said handing it to Monsieur Vandenbergh.

" You didn't opened it?" He replied. unfolding the letter that was from his home country.

" No, was waiting for you. It is in your initials  " Monsieur Vandenbergh, didn't have a permanent home. So they send all his mails to Larry's addressed. He trusted Larry and wouldn't have mind if he had opened it. After all they were all working for the same people.

A broad grin covered his face. " Mon ami our friends would be joining us soon. They said by the end of the month--"

A small scream was heard from outside. They rush to the window. To find the place deserted. Larry looked to the sky. " Look it's probably those eagles. " He pointed.

"Perhaps" Monsieur Vandenburgh mumbled skeptically. Something seems a bit odd today.

Samantha leaned against the front door. Clenching her now broken ankle. Her body ache from the fall. Getting up so quickly wasn't a smart idea either but it give her time to live. She was certain that they heard her scream.

She needed to figure out a way around this. Larry would no doubt notice her broken ankle and start asking questions. She needed a story. Think Sam... Ahh it's so hard to think in so much pain.

Closing her eyes,while inhaling and exhaling deeply. Her mind began to relax. "That's it!" she smiled, using the door for support, she stood on her uninjured foot. Keeping her balance. She opened the door slowly and entered back in the house.

She grimace at the steps she would have to climb or in her case... Hop.  With the help of the railing. She made it quicker than she anticipated and rush to the library.

Spotting the ladder leaning against the bookshelf. She threw it on the ground and let out an almighty scream. That could wake a lion.

Should I lay on my back? Or front? The approaching footsteps forced her to make a quick decision.

"Larry oh Darling!" She cried as soon as he burst through the door.

Larry's forehead creased. Standing on his knees he assisted his fiancée to sit upright. Who was laying on her back crying her eyes out. It looks like she had taken a fall off the ladder.

" I only wanted to read a book by Shakespeare. " Samantha clinched to his shoulders as she was lifted off the ground. " now I have a broken ankle. Who knew poetry can be...so painful"

" If you had stay put as I have instructed this wouldn't have happened!" Larry shouted, exiting  the library with Samantha soaking his shirt with tears. Why can't his fiancée keep still for once!

Samantha glimpse Monsieur Vandenburgh standing in a corner with his hands folded. Samantha didn't like the daggers he was throwing at her. She swiftly caught them and threw them back at him before she disappear out of his scrutinizing ;skeptical eyes.

****
So...Samantha is playing detective. I wonder if she would be able to inform Joshua before it is to late. Also I wonder if you guys spotted the little mistake our lady detective made....hehe.....spoiler alert!!;)
Hope you guys like the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

5.9K 1.3K 51
"Do you have anything to say?" He shook his head, but never shifted his gaze from her face. "Well then, what do you want?" She snapped, tired of his...
156K 7K 34
Alexander smiled at her. "You are quite likeable, Emmeline, and I think we might one day be dear friends, but I doubt I shall ever wish to marry you...
1.5K 297 39
Have you ever seen world within a world ? "In saving the world, he lost his own. She longed to love him, but darkness claimed her first. In your scar...
10.9K 3.2K 49
Oli's POV : Why am i constantly thinking about him. I closed my eyes fighting the urge to think about his eyes when an image of him smiling ran throu...