Dimitri's POV in Blood Promis...

By x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

Dimitri Belikov was awakened against his will. He had turned into a Strigoi, a remorseless, blood thirsty Vam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors note
Chapter 14
Authors note (again)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's note
Author's note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Epilogue?)
No idea what to call this part....
Spirit Bound

Chapter 15

1.5K 47 9
By x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

The picture is Alex, by the way.

************************

I stared at the three figures before me. Rose was on the floor wincing in pain. I had pushed her aside when I opened the door, but I know I wasn't the cause of her pain. Many bruises scarred her skin, but no blood.

Nathan glared at me, his red eyes glowed with a look of pure hatred and anger. I returned the stare, though I'm pretty sure my look was much more fierce. Inna stood in front of him, her posture was defensive. I wondered how Nathan had entered but now, I'm starting to understand. Maybe Inna wasn't the best human servant.

She must have let him in, she'd do anything for him. Apparently, from what I've seen and heard, she's 'madly' in love with him. The sight of them making out is revolting. I clenched my fists.

"Don't," Nathan threatened. Threatened. He's even smirking, the idiot. "You know what Galina said. Touch me and you're out of here."

I strode towards him, at a regular human pace. My hands itched to end his life but I couldn't for a number of reasons, and he takes advantage of this. I couldn't because he is right, Galina would kick me out of here. But also because Rose is here. If she is to ever witness me killing, well, all my hard work would go in vain. We'd be back to square one. Unless . . .

I pushed the human too the side, so that we made proper eye contact. "It'll be worth facing her wrath, particularly when I tell her you attacked first. Rose certainly bears the marks of it."

"You wouldn't." He pointed at Inna. Rose was crawling towards the human but I paid no attention. "She'll tell the truth."

I almost scoffed at that. "You really think Galina will believe a human? No. When I tell her how you attacked me and Rose out of jealousy, she'll let me off. The fact that you'll be so easily defeated will be proof of your weakness. I'll slice your head off and get Rose's stake from the vault. With your last breath, you can watch her drive it through your heart."

I could already picture the beauty of it in my head. There would probably be better ways of killing him off. I could lock him out whilst the sun is up, then sit near a window and watch his skin sizzle as he burns alive. I'd laugh at his weak screaming and enjoy watching his face twist in pain. Being put on the sun, its horrific. It's why he deserves such a punishment. Oh what a pretty sight that would be.

Nathan's silence was enough to show that I had the upper hand here. He wax too scared to respond in case I really do kill him. My anger had suddenly vanished and I grinned. I could have easily taken him down, even if I was still a dhampir. How is it possible that I was overpowered by someone as weak as him?

"Twice," I said, softly. "Twice I've let you go. Next time . . . next time, you're gone."

Rose was near Inna now, she held her hand out. "Are you okay? She murmured, gently. The human jerked away, and moved towards Nathan. Rose is the one who's hurt, yet she offered to help Inna, which I found amusing. Inna's reaction is even more humourous; she seeks refuge from him, which is useless against me.

Nathan moved towards the door. "No, twice I've let her live. Next time she's gone. I'm the one in control here, not you."

He opened the door, and Inna followed. It took a lot out of me to not retort back. Even after they left, I stayed silent. Rose looked at me with astonishment, her lips apart. Then, she did something surprising: she burst into tears.

It was like the anger I had previously possessed emerged from its hiding. I glared at the dhampir, coldly. I wanted an ally by my side, someone strong like her. My pampering has backfired and instead of luring her, it made her weak.

"This is all your fault!" I yelled, fists clenched.

She flinched, her eyes were wide and almost innocent. I won't fall for that. "But he . . . he attacked me . . ."

"Yes. And Inna. A human! You let a human attack you." I snarled. "You are weak. You are incapable of defending yourself---all because you refuse to be awakened!" I looked down at her, the terror was clearly evident in her face. Good. I reached forward and grabbed her wrist, before jerking her to her feet.

"If you had just been killed, it would have been your own fault," I said. My grip tightened on her wrist. "You have the chance for immortality, for incredible strength! And you're too blind and stubborn to see it."

With the back of her hand, she rubbed her eyes, which smudged the makeup she was wearing and made her eyes look much darker. It had also highlighted her already dark eye circles, greyish tear trails marked her cheeks from where she had been crying.

"I don't think I'd be stronger than Nathan, even if I was turn---awakened." She finally managed to stutter. My hands glided over her hair, as I began to ponder the hidden question behind her words. Would she be strong enough against Nathan?

"Perhaps not initially, but your strength of body and will carries over with the change. He's not that much older than either of us---not enough to make a noticeable difference, which is why he keeps backing down when we fight."

"Why do you keep backing down?

I froze, suddenly fueled with angry again. Does she really believe I have a choice? If I did, he'd be dead already. "Because he's right about one thing," My voice held no emotion. "Killing him would bring Galina's wrath down on us. And that's not something I can afford. Yet."

"You said before that you . . . that we . . . had to kill her."

"Yes, and once we do, it'll be easy to seize control of her assets and organisation."

"What is her organisation exactly?" Our conversation is heading to a dangerous path. I shrugged it off, and decided to be as vague as possible. If I didn't answer, she'd suspect the worse.

"All sorts of things. This wealth isn't bought without effort." Effort such as actually going to Novosibirsk and finding the right people to attack.

"Effort that's illegal and hurts humans?" She sounded almost concerned for them, which both angered and confused me.

"Does it matter?"

She ignored that. "But Galina used to be your teacher. Can you really kill her? And I don't mean physically . . . I mean, doesn't it bother you?" I guess it would have bothered me if I was a dhampir. Now I know better to not become emotionally attached to anyone. It weakens you and instantly defines you as the prey. Not the predator.

"I told you before. It's all about strength and weakness. Prey or predator. If we can bring her down---and I have no doubts we can---then she's the prey. End of story." I spoke with a matter-of-fact tone, knowing my words were harsh but true.

All her life, at the academy, she lived in complete oblivion to the horrors of our world. She had grown up naive but strong; her ill state back when she had, for the first time, killed one of us and where she had lost her friend, Mason, was proof of this. I have to help her understand the real world, but it will take some time.

I looked down to realise that I still had my grip on her wrist, and that her skin was starting to form a bruise. I let go and she stumbled, backing away from me slowly. Shakily, she walked over to the couch and sat down. A few seconds later, I joined her.

"Why did Inna attack me? Why did she defend Nathan?"

"Because she loves him." I said in disgust. I'm pretty sure Nathan's just using her for sex.

"But how . . . ?"

"Who knows? Part of it is that he promised to awaken her once she's put her time here." As his very own, personal sex slave. I didn't mention that last part though. "That's what most of the human servants are told."

"Told?"

"Most are unworthy. Or, more often than not, someone gets hungry and finishes the human off." Galina had said that we were allowed to, as long as we provide a good replacement, which isn't very hard to find. All humans would kill for immense power, it confuses me as to why someone, such as Rose, declines the offer all humans dream for. Then again, she is a dhampir.

"This is all a mess."

"It doesn't have to be." I sought for the opportunity to, like I did at every visit, persuade her to finally allow me to awaken her. Even though I hadn't succeeded previously, I know that with every day that passes, it brings me closer to my 'dreams'. Today, however, I wasn't in the mood for waiting.

"Time's running out. I've been lenient, Roza. Far more lenient than I would be with anyone else."

"Why? Why have you done it?" Excellent question really. It wasn't in any Strigoi's nature to be patient and self sacrificing. I barely managed to reject these instincts, but sometimes I'd lose control. When consumed with rage, spilling blood becomes too satisfying. It's the only way to calm me down, and I do very much enjoy a bit of violence every once in a while.

I know that defying those instincts will pay off. Eventually.

"Because I know how you think. And I know awakening you of your own free will would make you a more important ally. You're independent and strong-minded---that's what makes you more valuable."

"An ally, huh?" I think she sounded slightly offended by my words, which was strange. I had complimented her, didn't I? I shifted slightly, so that I was facing her.

"Didn't I tell you once I'd always be there for you? I'm here. I'll protect you. We're going to be together. We're meant to be together. You know this." I tried to sound romantic and sincere. To make my act more convincing, I leaned in and kissed her, my arm circled her waist in an attempt to pull her closer to me.

She instantly responded, we were both driven by lust. Our kissing grew deeper and I pulled away, before we end up going too far. I stared at her, my future companion. The women I will hunt with, kill with and rule with for eternity. But more importantly, the key to power.

With her by my side, we'll be unstoppable. I'd be lying if I said I'm invincible alone. The woman before me, is the only one known to have a chance of defeating me. Instead of killing her, I'm doing something incredibly smart: I'm teaming up with her.

I moved in again, kissing her cheek and then her chin. I was so close now, to her sweet blood. I could smell it's heavenly scent as I kissed her neck. I opened my mouth wider, my fangs touched her skin . . .

"No," It was barely a whisper but my heightened hearing detected it. Did I really just hear that, or did I imagine it? I stiffened, unsure of what to believe.

"What did you say?" I was hoping I heard wrong, but apparently not. Her heart beat was frantic, and she shivered.

"Um . . . no. Not this time." I jerked away. I wanted to feed off her, so badly. How could she object? Was she planning one of her reckless schemes? She should be begging me to bite her, as she hasn't been bitten in a day. She should be going craz---

"I don't feel good . . . I'm hurt. I'm afraid to lose blood, even though I want . . . I want it . . . I want to feel the bite . . . but I want to rest first, get stronger . . ." She looked so innocent, her eyes were wide and frightened. For some unknown reason, I felt like she was lying to me, which raised my suspicions.

"Let me awaken you, and you'll be strong again."

"I know," she said, her voice sounded unsure. She turned away, and stared at the ground before speaking, confused. "And I'm starting to think . . ."

My eyes widened in realisation. But I wanted, no, needed to know what she meant.

"Starting to think what?" I questioned, in anticipation.

She turned to look at me, her face held no hint of hesitation and she looked so serious. "I'm starting to think that I don't ever want to be weak again."

That was all I needed to hear. And she really meant it. Finally, finally, after so many weeks, she was starting to reconsider my offer. Even though she hadn't fully consented to it, this small victory was enough to show that I was actually going to get what I want. Even if I would have to wait a little longer, she will definitely be awakened in the two days. And she'll most likely be willing for it.

"Please . . . I just want to rest. I need to think about it a little more."

I won't bite her, I can't. She's on the verge of accepting and I don't want to ruin it. She said she needs a little more time to think, and that's all I can afford to offer now. Everything is going according to plan.

"Rest, then, and we'll talk later. But Rose . . . we only have two days."

"Two days?"

"Until Galina's deadline. That's how long she gave us. Then I make the decision for you."

"You'll awaken me?"

"Yes. It'll be better for all of us if we don't reach that point." I got off the bed and noticed my pockets were quite heavy. I reached into my pocket. "Oh, I brought you this."

I handed her the bracelet, and watched her stare at it in awe and amazement. If I told her how I obtained it, I would probably get a very different reaction. To get her the jewellery, I would frequently use some of the stolen money. I would then compel a human to retrieve it, knowing my red eyes and stark white skin would bring unwanted attention.

On special occasions, I would steal the jewellary from any of my rich victims. It does save me the trouble. What she doesn't know, won't harm her.

"Wow. It's . . . it's gorgeous." She slipped it on. Satisfied, I leaned down and kissed her forehead. Wordlessly, I left the room, hoping I really did appear to look caring and loving.

I decided, after feeding, to visit my 'friend' Alex. She seemed to know something, something very important. I knocked on her door, hesitantly.

"Come in." A voice called. I opened the door, stepped in, and closed the door behind me. She put the book she was reading on the coffee table. "Sit." I took a seat opposite her, emotionlessly.

Her room was a very similar replica of mine, it even had the same books as the ones in my room. Apart from the personal belongings, our rooms were exactly identical. I paid close attention to my surroundings, trying to search for any clues about her.

"Do you want a drink?" She didn't wait for me to answer. She grabbed two wine glasses and picked up a bottle. I watched her every move, as she poured a crimson liquid in each glass. It's blood. From a bottle. She took a sip, and smiled slightly.

I leaned forward, my expression hard. I just wanted to to get to the point. "What did you mean back then? When you mentioned something about a plan?"

"That . . ." she smiled. "Dimitri I know what you're planning. You envy Galina and her power, so you want to kill her." I reluctantly lunged at her, with brute force. She put her glass down, dodged my attack, and pushed me back onto the couch. "Calm down. I won't tell anyone, remember what I said? I told you I'd train you."

I relaxed a bit. And sat frozen. How could she have known? As if she read my mind, she said. "I accidentally overheard you when you told the dhampir about it, near the maze." She smiled again.

What was with her? Her smile seemed so human, she was different, I could tell. Even her voice was soft, she can't be human or dhampir, obviously. Her eyes are ringed in red, she holds the usual powers bestowed to a strigoi, and has a very pale complexion. Just a normal strigoi. Yet very human like.

Her words sunk in, leaving me dumbstruck. I made sure no one had over heard my conversation with Rose, how was I unable to sense Alex? Her smile now appeared more strigoi like: cunning, menacing and cold.

"I had considered telling Galina. But, as I watched you, I became more fascinated. You're the only person to actually want to defy her. No one has ever tried it, let alone think of it. They had accepted their status being under her. I had also noticed you possess impressive leadership skills, you'd do a better job than she does."

"You don't want power?" I questioned, after a minute of absorbing everything she said.

"Not as the head of the estate, I'm happy where I am. And we both know I'm the stronger one, so I'll always be the more powerful one." She mocked, winking at me.

I scoffed. "Hardly."

"Wanna bet?" I punched her in the jaw, as a response. She staggered but smirked when she realised I took her offer.

She turned to land a kick at my stomach, but I barely managed to block it. Her hand curled up into a fist instead, before attacking my side. I grunted in pain and charged again. My fist connected with her stomach, causing her to lean forward. I ran at her, deciding to finish the fight quickly. But I wasn't fast enough.

I had realised in my moment of defeat, her actions were a façade. She had managed to momentarily distract me, and took advantage of it. She lunged at me, aiming for my neck. With her hand around my throat, she pinned me against the wall.

"I win." She growled. She let go, and we both stared at each other, panting heavily. Without thinking, I reached for my glass and gulped down the contents. Moroi blood. It was quite delicious, even though it had come from a bottle, how did she even get it in a bottle anyway?

"You cheated." I fruitlessly accused.

"You can't cheat in a fight." She retorted. She shook her head. "Never mind. Did you see what I did there?"

"What do you mean?"

"I aimed for your neck. With a strigoi you must always aim for decapitation. It's the easiest way for us to kill one another." She pointed out. "You could try to set them on fire but it could get a bit messy."

I nodded.

"Consider that as you first lesson."

I nodded again. The ring I had spotted early, gleamed in the light, which caught my eye. I had noticed before that she had no other pieces of jewellery, just the plain looking band on her index finger.

"Why do you wear that?" I blurted out in curiosity.

"What?"

I pointed at the ring. "That?" She stayed silent. "It's just that it's really unusual for a strigoi to wear jewellery. You ring's plain and it's the only thing you ever really wear." I stated, trying to sound reasonable.

"My moroi had given me this." I was shocked by this, and instantly formed a conclusion.

"You were both lovers?" The look she gave me, the wide eyes and parted lips, showed that I had I was no where near the truth.

"No, we weren't. It helped me to keep in control, when I had been a dhampir." She looked down, twisting the ring on her finger, before continuing. "He had been a spirit user, and I was his shadow-kissed guardian."

********************************
x_aNoNYMouSTaCHe_x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.8K 41
After Dimitri tells Rose that his love has faded, Rose doesn't know how to cope with the pain she feels. What measures does she take to make the pain...
24.9K 676 30
Rose has two options? Kill Dimitri or find a way to bring him back? After getting a letter from Dimitri, threatening the life of the Academy and her...
12.4K 221 36
Vampire Academy Fanfiction Sets after the cabin, one night with the love of her life can change a lot. Will she be able to challenge everything? Dim...
15.5K 508 12
I do not own the characters of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I am just doing this for fun and not for profit. No copyright infringement intended...