One Way Bridge

By Devin4862

Emma has to start over after her parents die, but it's easier said than done. Especially since there's a boy... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Author's Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
100 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue

Chapter 13

38 3 0
By Devin4862

I felt the bed move beneath me and I instantly knew it wasn't going to be a fun conversation. "Did you do this because of our disagreement?" At first I thought I could feign sleep, but Riley's smarter than that.

"No, I chose to live with my grandma because it's best that way."

"It's best to live six hours from me, because Emma, you're practically my daughter." His eyes were filled with sorrow. I had seen way too much sorrow in the last week.

"No I'm not," his face fell and I wanted to hug him and tell him it was all a joke, but it wasn't. We were close, but he wasn't my father. "Last night, during our argument, you yelled at me. It scared me, Riley. You never yell at me. You can't be my parent. That's not our relationship and I don't want to lose the you I have now. I'm not your daughter, Riley, but I'd like to think of you as my best friend. You've always been my fun uncle, but when I move to Iowa I'm losing all of my friends and you just lost your best friend." Tears fell from my eyes as the reality of moving sunk in.

"You're not losing all of your friends, you still have me. Besides," he smirked, "I was just promoted to best friend." I laughed at him as he pulled me into a hug. "Six hours is still far," he said while holding me to his chest.

"You'll have to use your vacation time you've been saving up to come visit me."

"Anything for you, Princess." He kissed the top of my head and I couldn't help but think that I made the right choice.

Riley left me to get dressed saying that we had some paperwork to fill out and that I should say goodbye to relatives as they left to return to Iowa.

Full Copyright 2013

Updated 6/17/2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948 389 27
My life isn't your average one. When I was four my mom and brother died in a car accident and left me with my dad. Since then my best friend has be...
242K 6.7K 32
Jaxon has had a rough couple of years, though she copes with it well on her own. She lost both her parents and is stuck with and abusive stepfather...
4.4K 555 37
Emma Baker was her best friend. She was also his girlfriend. Until she wasn't anymore. And what better way to replace the hole that she left than alc...