Invincible Ones [A Walking De...

By Zaremareth

Daryl Dixon's little sister adopted during the apocalypse, Ember Dixon, is a badass and troublemaker. Remind... More

Chapter 1- Unruly
Chapter 2- Hourly Gassy Beans
Chapter 3- Missing The Biggest Brother
Chapter 4- Wat❓
Chapter 5- Ember-Katniss-Dixon
Chapter 6- Living In A Nightmare
Chapter 7- Night, Don't Let The Walkers Bite
Chapter 8- Politicions Are Always Evil Anyway...
Chapter 9- just a little boo-boo
Chapter 10- Will You Just Go Away?
Chapter 11- Lost & Found
Chapter 12- lullaby
Chapter 13- Thirteen Is An Unlucky Number
Chapter 14- The Wilted Leaves
Chapter 15- Barren Trees
Chapter 16- The Woodbury Plight
Chapter 17- WoodBuries Are WoodButts
Chapter 18- Friend
Chapter 19- Maybe A Pessimistic Bipolar Girl
Chapter 20- Weather Forcast
Chaptet 21- PEW! PEW! PEW!
Chapter 22-WELL THEN
Chapter 23- Happenings
Chapter 24- The Second Plague
Chapter 25- As if We Need More Problems
Chapter 26- Here we Bleed
Chapter 26- Quarentine
Chapter 28- Here We Turn
Chapter 29- Here I Live
Chapter 30- Encounter
Chapter 31- The 'Legion'
Chapter 32- Joanna's Past
Chapter 33- Hints and Shadows
Chapter 34- Shadows
Chapter 35- Reunion
Chapter 36- Newcomers
Chapter 37 - Come & Go
Chapter 38- Almost There
Chapter 39- Traitor
Chapter 40- Forgotten Friend
Chapter 41- The Broken Barn's Tree
42- Elapsed In Time

Chapter 27- Here We Die

105 6 1
By Zaremareth

Lizzy had the cell next to mine. Today she came over to mine with a bucket and hands it to me.

Written on the bucket in blood is: "BBB".

"'BBB'?" I ask her hoarsely, glancing up.

Lizzy smiles ruefully. "For Blood Barf Bucket."

I smile a little. "Welcome to Arts and Craps Lessons." I croak and Lizzy rolls her eyes as she sits on the ground next to me. "Wassup?" I clear my throat, or at least try to as the coppery taste of blood starts to enter my mouth.

     Lizzy shrugs. "I guess I got bored."

    I nod. If I was going to die, I wanted to die killing stuff. This death is so...underwhelming. Can't Death get a wee bit more creative?

   "I feel ya." I tell her, resting my head against the cold stone wall and closing my eyes.

    "Mmmhmm..." Lizzy crosses her legs and picks at a loose thread hanging from her sweater sleeve. A walker growls from the cell across the block, reaching its pale arms out in vain for our flesh. Lizzy's eyes flicker up at the living corpse for a split second before she cast down her eyes and turns her full attention back to that one favored thread.

   But I notice her sudden glimpse at the walker. "Are you scared, Lizzy?" I ask her as soft and comforting as my gravelly voice can manage.

She shakes her head immediately. "No...not really." She yanks put the loose thread and tosses it out to the cell block hall.

By the look on Lizzy's face, I can tell she's more stressed than fearful. Kind of like me throughout a math test pre-apocalypse. I sigh—almost laugh— with relief. I never really reflected upon the fact I never have to take another math test again. I grow nostalgic smile. Another walker claws and groans against its cell bars. My flicker of home-sickness dulls as a frown replaces my smile.

Lizzy smiles at me, pushes off the wall behind us, and stumbles to her feet. "See you, Em." She says, turning around back to wave at me as she makes her way back to her cell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya! It's Kat! Let me just say, never in a thousand eons would I have thought this story would be getting as popular as it is now. So high-five and hugs to every single one of you who supported this book and my writing.

My earlier chapters were total crap because that was before I got into my school's select competitive writing team (which I learned more tactics and techniques in writing and got feedback from my writing coaches, so that improved my writing skill rapidly from just having ideas to having ideas and writing them with a voice) and received the scholastic writing contest silver key award (my first award! Can you believe it?)

Thank you everyone! You're the best of the best! :D

~Kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 96 17
11 year old Artemis Dixon and her 5 year old sister Athena Dixon were adopted 6 months before the world fell apart and Artie is now looking for their...
102K 3.8K 27
(SOON TO BE EDITED) "You ain't shit Rick Grimes, but I love you" Daisy never had much in her life. An abusive, alcoholic father and a not caring mama...
18.4K 334 31
𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘒 𝘣𝘦𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘰 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜‹π˜¦π˜’π˜― π˜‹π˜ͺ𝘹𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 πƒπˆπ—πŽπ n...
36.8K 1K 65
In the depths of the Southside, where chaos and whispers intertwine lies Kimberly an unpredictable soul confined within the walls of a psych ward. T...