Red Vengeance Vampire Knight...

By SkyAngel_

Peace? What a joke... If there were such a thing like peace then there wouldn't be all these damn wars. Sure... More

Red Vengeance (Vampire Knight Fanfiction)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
!~Tag Challenge~!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Picture~!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Tag~!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Epilogue
Author's Note
Hello again!

Chapter 21

202 18 5
By SkyAngel_

Hello to you all! I just wanted to say that this chapter will be in 3rd person omniscient.  That means that it will be in 3rd POV and the reader will be able to see the different characters thoughts. 

I wanted to try my hand at writing in this point of view and I thought that you would all enjoy seeing the different thoughts of all the characters. Tell me what you think please and as always I hope that you enjoy!  Happy Super Bowl night to all you fellow American's out there!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰〰

3rd Person Omniscient POV:

Water and bath bubbles fill the tub nearly to the top. Some of the water sloshes over the edge and on to the floor, Aunt Yumi will clean it up later.

Eri splashes happily with a big smile on her face. Not only is her mother back, but she's here to play!

The little girl giggles, watching her mother's face as she carefully kneads shampoo into her daughter's hair. Hitomi smiles softly down at her daughter, before continuing concentrating on her task.

How Eri loves the feeling of her mother's touch and warm smiles.

Eri becomes sad for a moment. She wishes she can feel it more often, but her mommy is away a lot. Suddenly a question pops into the silver-eyed girl's head.

"Mommy?" She asks softly.

"Yes, angel?" Hitomi asks whilst gently rinsing Eri's sudsy hair.

"Why do you leave all the time? Why can't you stay? I miss you." Tears begin to form in her silver eyes and trickle down her cheeks, mixing with the water.

At her daughter's tears Hitomi begins to panic, unsure how to answer her daughter and soothe her. After a moment of stumbling through her alarmed thoughts, Hitomi speaks. "I'm very busy, Eri. But don't be sad, I'm here now."

Hitomi can't help but recall saying that last sentence to her daughter the last time she saw her.

When will my excuses stop working?

"O-okay, mommy." Eri says quietly.

That happiness that surrounded Eri earlier is no longer there.  Instead she feels sullen.  No more water spills over the tub, because there isn't a child's happy splashes to make them.

Why doesn't mommy stay when I love her so much?

After her bath Eri is able to gain some of her prior good nature and even smiles when telling her mother what clothes she wants to wear.

"Okay, sweetheart."  Hitomi says.  "Go run along, it's my turn to get cleaned up."

Immediately Eri pouts and attaches herself to Hitomi's leg.  She doesn't want her mommy out of her sight.

Hitomi sighs but laughs nonetheless.  "Fine you can sit in the bathroom while I shower."

Eri grins happily, detaching herself from her mother's leg and scurrying back to the bathroom.

Once Hitomi is done showering she stands awkwardly with Eri in Aunt Yumi's room. Her Aunt had told her that she could wear anything she wanted. But it's not like Hitomi knew what to wear. She's used to wearing her vampire hunter clothes and pantsuits on special occasions, not the girly things in Yumi's closet.

"Mommy, Mommy! Can I please pick out your clothes for you!" Eri begs, giving Hitomi the puppy dog eyes.

Hitomi can never resist those puppy dog eyes. After a millisecond she relents. "Okay, Eri." The dark brown-haired woman says, regretting her decision already.

"Yay!"  Eri squeals, hugging her mother's legs before rifling through the closet.

After a moment Eri jumps up and grabs an outfit, handing it to her mother to change into.

Hitomi visibly cringes as she pulls on the pretty  flowery sundress that Eri chose for her to wear.  It's autumn, but the little girl doesn't seem to care.

"Mommy, you look so beautiful!"  Eri cheers.  "Look!"  She pushes Hitomi to the full length mirror with all her child-might.

Hitomi looks into the mirror at herself, feeling naked without her dark clothes and holster.  Instead she wears a white sundress with a pattern of light pink and lavender flowers.  The dress has a sweetheart neckline with thin straps for sleeves.  It's form fitting to the waist and then fans out, flowing past her knees.

She hates it, but Eri seems to love it, so she pulls on a smile.

"Do you like it?" Eri asks with big eyes.

"Yes, angel.  Of course I do."  Her smile is like broken glass, painful. Yet still she doesn't complain. It's been a long time since Eri and her were able to spend a day together. It's her day and Hitomi will put up with just about anything to ensure her daughter's happiness.

Grabbing Hitomi's hand Eri pulls her mother downstairs where Kaien and the boys wait for them.  They had already showered in the second bathroom.

Soshi, one of Aunt Yumi's youngest sons sees the two girls first. "Hitomi, you're wearing a dress!"  He states the obvious.

Kaien looks up and his jaw drops.  His eyes bulge and a bright blush dusts across his cheeks.  A thin line of red drips from his nose.  Eri giggles and clutches her mommy's hand tighter.

"H-Hitomi?" He says quietly and then the quirky blond explodes.  "YOU LOOK SOOO CUTE!!!"

Kaien jumps up and before Hitomi can react he hugs her.  "SO CUTE!"

Hitomi turns red for a moment and then shoves him so hard he he falls to the floor, sprawled over the plush carpet.

Kaien look up at her with big eyes and a fat, pouty lip.  Immediately Hitomi feels guilty as the expression reminds her of something Eri would do.  Speaking of which her daughter looks up at her with imploring eyes.

"You should say you're sorry, mommy." She says.

The willowy woman sighs and runs a hand through her short hair.  "Look, Kaien I--"

Kaien interrupts upon seeing her hand run through her hair. "CUUTTE!"

And then all is well again, leaving Hitomi red in the face and simmering inside with anger and annoyance as per usual.

However, Hitomi shoves down her anger for the sake of her daughter and instead offers Kaien a hand to help him up from his position on the carpet.  Kaien gladly takes her hand and Hitomi pulls him to his feet. 

It isn't an exact apology, but that's fine with Kaien.  Especially when Hitomi looks so cute~!

"Don't even think about it." Hitomi hisses under her breath to the blond, seeing that he's about to hug her and start screaming 'CUTE!' again.

Kaien only smiles, but restrains himself.

"Mommy! Let's go and play pirates!" Eri says, tugging down on her mother's hand to get her attention.

Yumi's sons all holler and cheer in agreement at the mention of pirates. Eri grins, she loves playing pirates with her cousins! She always finds the treasure!  And now she gets to play with mommy and that nice tall man!

Aunt Yumi's four boys; Kiku, Yuto, Soshi, and Rento all scatter to collect their pirate toys.  Eri scrambles to help them.

Once all the pirate things are in a pile in the center of the room.  Aunt Yumi's oldest son, Kiku, speaks.

"This is a free for all.  Grab whatever you want in the pile.  If you touch it first then it's yours.  And no fighting."  Kiku says eying Yuto and Soshi, the two twins.

Soshi sticks out his tongue and Yuto sends Kiku the stink eye.

"Ready." Kiku says, ignoring both boys.  "Set. GO!"  He shouts.

At this everyone goes for the pile.  Eri, being the smallest easily wriggles between everyone and grabs her favorite wooden sword from the pile.  Kaien also grabs a sword and Hitomi is able to snatch a fake gun.

"I call being captain!"  Eri squeals as soon as she has her weapon in hand.

"No way!"  The twins argue.

"Yes way!" Eri says back.  "If you don't like it then you gotta fight me for it!" The five-year old challenges.

"Fine!" They say and begin to battle Eri.

Rento, the youngest just stays by Kiku's side. His brother's perfect little lieutenant.

"Aren't you going to do something!" Kaien sweat drops.

Hitomi shakes her head, startling the blond man further. "Eri will be fine. Just watch."

Kaien watches in fascination as the little girl takes on the two seven year olds with ease. Despite being only five, her reflexes are fast and she's able to block every attack as well as throw in a couple of attacks of her own.

"Wha--" Kaien gasps, flabbergasted at the sight.

"She'd be the perfect vampire hunter." Hitomi says, quietly, seriously. "We all show the signs of vampire hunter blood running through us. Even Aunt Yumi's boys do, but nothing like the signs she shows. If she were to be trained she'd be the perfect weapon." Hitomi says. "But I don't want that for her. She needs to live a human life, unafraid of the world around her. My parents gave us a choice of whether or not to be hunter's, but I won't give her that choice. She doesn't need to know about vampires, they'll destroy her life."

Kaien nods solemnly. "I understand, but you wouldn't need to be worried for her if there was peace between vampires and the hunters. I know I've already told you this, but I'll say it again.  I want to make a school where vampire, hunters, and humans all coexist." Kaien looks at Hitomi cautiously. "I would love her to be apart of it."

Hitomi locks her anger away. "I have already told you my opinion on this so called peace and I've already told you my answer to Eri being apart of it. It's impossible. If you pursue this dream it will blow up in your's and everyone's faces. And there is no way I will allow my daughter to be punctured by the shrapnel."

"Mommy!" Eri cheers, interrupting the two vampire hunters. "I won!"

Both twins are scattered on the carpet huffing and puffing with exhaustion as the victorious five-year old stands over them with a big grin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 2.4K 41
(Can be read as a stand-alone) She was my best friend, the love of my life. She was a beautiful soul, too perfect for this world and the people that...
12.7K 1K 73
In a world where demons are the primary enemies, there was a girl born in a kingdom where light doesn't exist. However, she has no any idea about her...
19.7K 677 23
"Dreams are beautiful lies while Nightmares are ugly truths." I whispered emotionlessly to myself. "What made you think that?" Kaname asked and I ju...
1.5K 152 17
"You are mine, little mate." A whimper slipped from my lips when Xander's mouth claimed the most sensitive part of my neck, his breath scorching my s...