Haven Harbor • a.i. •

By cliffordpunkrock

"Being in love with Carter was the most beautiful and horrible thing at the same time; because I knew if I to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 35

897 32 3
By cliffordpunkrock

The Monday Ender went back to school I had decided to take the boat out and just spend a little time by myself.

I had been wanting to visit my favourite reef for a while now and I had enough time to go and get back before I had to pick up Ender from practice.

Gathering up a suit, some oxygen tanks, and other things I would need, I almost ran to the boat.

The moment I started to drive away from the docks I felt a weight lift off my shoulders and promised myself I wouldn't go this long without sailing ever again.

It took me about 45 minutes to get to the cove. It was hidden between two juts of land that reached up several hundred feet in the air. The rocky cliffs casted a cover of shade over the cove making it a bit darker and cooler but I loved it.

I dropped anchor and suited up, itching to get in the water. Once I was ready, I wasted no time in jumping right in, the feeling of the water rushing over my body overwhelming me.

It seemed that every time I was in the water a feeling of exhilaration just took over me.

Diving down I found myself in a new world. A multitude of fish, coral, and other marine life spread before me.

I couldn't fight the smile that played on my lips and honestly I didn't want to. I was happy.

Most of the times when I came to this reef it was because I wanted to think about things I couldn't really think about at home.

Today I didn't want to think, I wanted to swim around and explore a little.

So that's how I spent my afternoon; underneath the waves with the sea horses and starfish surrounded by a rainbow of coral.

When I had gone through my second oxygen tank I decided it was time to go back up to the surface.

My mood was elevated and I felt refreshed.

Pulling myself on board I took off my mask and empty tank and my diving shoes.

I went below deck and slipped out of my suit and dried off, changing into a white tee and blue jean shorts.

Jogging back up on deck I started to make my way to the staircase for the bridge but my foot found itself in a puddle of water and my body followed suit. As I slipped forward my arm reached out for something but instead my head hit the painted steel hard and I lost consciousness.

--

"Carter Chase?" A mans voice pierced through the blackness that was surrounding me.

My head ached and my body felt heavy but I managed to creak my eyes open enough to see some man I didn't know crouched down before me.

"We're going to get you help, you're going to be okay." He said to me and I responded by blinking my eyes again.

He pulled away a towel he had pressed to my forehead that I didn't even notice but I saw red on the fabric and my stomach lurched.

I was completely unaware of the floodlights that were shining on the boat, or the helicopter that was up in the air above me, or three coastguard boats that surrounded my ship.

There were voices that I could hear but other than that I was out of it and I took the peace of closing my eyes and falling back asleep than trying to move my body.

--

The next time I awoke I was met with a harsh bright light directly over my eyes making me squint.

My eyes raked around my surroundings only to discover white walls with a few posters on them and a small television in front of me. I had watched enough television to know that I was in a hospital.

Slowly I turned my head to the left and came face to face with all different types of machines making strange beeping noises.

Turning my head to the right I was met with someone sitting on a dark green couch underneath a window. Through the open blinds I could see darkness.

Though my eyes fixed on the person who was typing something quickly onto their phone.

"Ann?" My voice croaked out and her head shot up, her blue eyes big.

"Carter, hi sweetheart." She smiled and set her phone down, walking over to the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know." I answered truthfully, my body felt fine but I was so confused. "Why are you in Haven?"

"You're not in Haven, sweetie, you're in Sydney." She gave me a small smile and my heart immediately began to pick up beat.

"What? Where's Ender? The shop- Ender. I have to get back." I made to sit up and she quickly tried to calm me down.

"Ender's okay. He's with Ari in Haven, she's bringing him after school is over. Jason is here, he's out getting us some food." She patted my hand gently.

"How did I get to Sydney?"

"Helicopter. They needed to run some more tests to make sure there wasn't any damage when you hit your head, but they didn't have the right machines  We're still waiting for the results."

Reaching up a hand I felt a bandage along the side of my forehead.

"Oh." I replied, the little pieces starting to come together. "Where's Ashton?"

She gave me a sad smile."He's still in London. He's trying to get the first flight back that he can."

I nodded and then began to relax a little.

The door opened and Jason walked in followed by Ari and Ender.

"Car, you're awake!" Ender shouted and ran over to me, his little backpack bouncing on his shoulders.

"Hey, hi!" I opened my arms to him as he scaled onto the bed and into my embrace. Breaking into a smile I hugged him tightly to me, moisture springing to my eyes.

"Does your head hurt, are you feeling better?" He asked as he laid down next to me.

"I feel a lot better, thank you." I smiled and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Guess what? I get to stay here the whole weekend with you instead of for three hours after school when Ari brings me." He beamed up at me.

"Aww." I laughed lightly and suddenly stopped. "Wait it's Monday?" I looked up confused.

"No honey, it's Friday. You've been out for four days." Ann said from the other side of my bed and I blinked heavily.

Looking up at Ari I noticed she had tears in her eyes. "Thank you, for taking care of him."

"Anything for you, Car." She came forward and hugged me, her sniffles making me feel even more sad and guilty for not being there for my own brother.

"I'm gonna go get your nurse." Jason said and went into the hallway.

"So can someone tell me what happened, please before I totally freak out that I have missed a week of my life." I tried to say calmly even though I was flipping out on the inside.

"Well when you didn't show up to pick Ender up from school they called me as the secondary contact and said they couldn't get ahold of you so I picked him up and took him to your house. You had left your phone on the counter and we didn't know where you were." She took a deep breath.

"So I called the police and they said they couldn't file a missing persons report until it had been 24 hours so I had Ender spend the night with me and the next day you still weren't back so I took him to school and waited at the police station all day until I had to pick him up. They sent out a missing persons alert that night and the next day they sent out a search group. They found the boat that night at that cove where you dive and you were almost unconscious."

Her arms were folded anxiously across her stomach as she explained.

"After they got you back they helicoptered you straight back here to run tests and everything. You were lucky Carter, if they hadn't've found you you could been way worse."

I sat there blankly, taking it all in.

"Yeah and Ashton called me yesterday freaking out because he'd been trying to call you for days and you hadn't answered. Said he had to go through like five people to get my number and he about had a heart attack when I told him." She added and I know she didn't mean to, but the stacks of guilt bricks on my shoulders became even heavier.

"Oh my God." I sighed. "I'm so sorry."

"What, why?" Ari asked, standing up straighter.

"Because I put you guys through so much and I didn't have my stupid phone and- Ah God I'm so stupid- I'm so sorry." I fumbled.

"Carter stop. Just shut up and stop that right now." Ari rolled her eyes, getting kind of miffed. "We were worried about you. You didn't inconvenience any of us, not when you are our family, okay? All we want is for you to be alright."

"But-" I began and she cut me off.

"We may be in a hospital but I won't hesitate to knock you out. No one is mad at you, please relax and just- just- just get better." She pleaded and I gave in.

"Okay. Okay, I'm sorry." I nodded and she visibly relaxed.

The door opened and Jason and who I assumed must be my nurse walked in.

He was a tall man with brown hair and brown eyes, maybe in his thirties and had a tan complexion.

"Halle Chase, my name is Parker and I'll be your nurse while you're here. Do you mind if I check your vitals really quickly?"

"Sure." I nodded and he began to do things like check my pulse and shine a small flashlight in my eyes.

A ringing from the corner of the room had Ann scurrying over from the circle of people that surrounded my bed to her purse.

"Five bucks says its Ashton again." She chuckled and then held it up. "Yup!" She smiled.

She quickly walked to the hallway and answered it and all I could hear were her muffled words through the closed door.

"Is he mad?" I asked Ari as Parker moved away for a second.

"Not mad, but I'm pretty sure you scared the hell out of him." She admitted with a shrug.

"Great." I sighed sarcastically.

"Okay Halle, I'll have your doctor come right in but you seem to be doing okay. He should have an update on your cat scan and MRI, alright?" He smiled and me.

"Yes, thank you." I gave him a little smile and he took a folder with my information and left.

Ann came back in as Parker exited, phone in hand.

"He can't get here till Sunday." She frowned. "You know his work. He's trying his best though. I've never heard him so mad before."

"Oh no. I'm going to be fine, he doesn't have to leave work for me." I assured her and she gave me a knowing smile.

"Tell that to him." She laughed.

Her ringtone went off again and she rolled her eyes. "Probably calling for the update."

She answered the call and had Jason fill her in so she could relay the information to him.

I watched her the entire time and then finally she glanced over at me.

"I'll ask." She held the phone away from her ear. "Do you want to talk to him?"

I nodded eagerly and she told him I would be on and passed the phone off to me.

"Hi." I said shyly and I heard him let out a loud breath.

"Oh my God. Hi, Hey, how are you?" He sounded utterly relieved.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Hey, you don't have to come here, I know your work is busy and I have people to take care of me. So stop trying to get out of work, I'm fine."

"Carter." He said in a slow, careful voice and I knew he was mad. "You are out of your damn mind if you think I'm not coming to see you. I've been scared to death for the past week and all I want to do is get there in person and make sure you are okay for myself. I just want to see you,okay? I just want to see you." He sighed at the end.

"Ash I- "

I was interrupted by Parker walking back into the room with another man.

"Hey my doctor is here I'll call you back, okay?"

"Okay. And, Carter?"

"Yeah?"

"I... I'll be there soon." He sighed.

"Alright."

I hung up the phone and handed it back to Ann.

"Halle, nice to know you're awake, I'm Dr. Scott." He held out his hand I shook it.

He had brown hair and eyes like my nurse Parker did but he was older, maybe around his fifties, and had a almost grandfather feel to him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm feeling alright."

"No headaches, or pain in your head?" He looked down at his clipboard.

"No." I shook my head.

"Any vision or hearing impairment?"

"None."

"Alright. I have the result from your MRI but we are going to have to take you in for a second one just to double check and your cat scan results should be available soon. I'm going to have Parker take you down to the MRI room." He smiled and patted my arm gently.

"Alright." I nodded.

"Wait what's an MRI?" Ender asked in a small voice from where he was sitting on the sofa.

"It's kind of like a big magnet that helps us see what's going on inside the body." Dr. Scott explained. "She's going to be okay, don't worry." He smiled.

Ender nodded up at him with wide eyes.

Parker came over and began to wheel my bed away from the wall.

"Wait, Car!" Ender called and ran over to me, Parker stopping the bed. "You're coming back right?" He grabbed on to the edge of the bed.

"Yes, I'll be back. Don't worry bro, I'm going to be fine." I gave his hand a squeeze. "I love you."

"I love you too." He pulled himself up by his elbows and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Don't worry, she'll be back in a few hours." Parker assured Ender and then began to wheel me out again.

"Bye, Car." Everyone else called out to me as I left and I settled back into the stiff pillow, letting Parker wheel me off to the MRI.

I came back a few hours later completely exhausted.

The doctors were looking over some spot on the side of my head where I hit it that they could see on the screen when they did the MRI and cat scan.

I fell asleep after I was taken back to my room and Ender crawled up into the bed to cuddle with me while I slept.

Ann took the couch while Ari and Jason curled up in separate chairs.

I woke up in the morning to the smell of coffee and voices talking quietly.

"They just have this incredible bond, it's amazing." Ann said softly.

"They really do." Ari replied. "I've never met a brother and sister that were so close, and I guess James' and Megs' deaths brought them even closer. She has to be his sister and act like his mother at the same time and she's so strong because of it." Ari said. "When we couldn't find her, Ender was so distraught. He couldn't sleep and I stayed up the whole night with him while he cried saying that he "lost her too". It broke my heart."

My back was facing towards them so they couldn't see the tear rolling down my cheek. God, I was such a failure.

I had made him feel like he was alone and that's the last thing I ever wanted him to feel. He was my family, the only person I had left, and I was all he had..and I had left him.

Waiting until my eyes were dry I finally turned around and showed that I was awake.

The room I was in had a shower and I took a quick one, feeling much more refreshed.

Parker came by and brought me a tray of breakfast and by lunch time I was practically dying of boredom.

He also came back every hour to check my vitals and told me every time that he came back that my results should be here soon. I was starting to think "soon" meant never.

Ender had brought his homework to finish and was done with it quickly.

I had him fill me in on everything that happened at school and with footie practice. Ari told me that the boat had been brought back to the house and the Riley's were watching over Bear and the house for us.

Ashton called later in the evening to say he was on his way back and would be there in the morning and that Michael was coming back with him.

Dr. Scott stopped by after dinner and said that the results were in back up because he sent them off to another doctor for a second opinion  on the mystery spot and I would for sure get them tomorrow. His personal guess what that it was a bruise on the skull from where I had hit my head on the edge of the boat but he would have a definite answer tomorrow.

"But it's nothing serious?" I questioned him.

"It's shouldn't be but I want to be sure." He explained and then said goodnight to all of us.

I was restless the entire night, Ender falling asleep next to me. Eventually my eyes shut and I was able to catch a few hours of dreamless sleep.

Parker woke up me up accidentally when he came to give me an IV with saline to replenish my fluids.

Ender freaked out at the needle and Parker explained to him that it doesn't hurt to which I strongly disagreed but kept my mouth shut.

"Hey Ender, would you like to go with me to the vending machine?" Ann offered and he agreed, walking with her down the hall. I mentally thanked her for distracting him.

A lady came by later in the day to get the information that they didn't have or that Ari and Jason weren't able to provide for them.

"Alright I'll print out some forms for you to sign and be back in a little bit." The lady with platinum blonde hair and obviously spray tanned skin smiled at me and then left as quickly as she came.

My saline bag had drained empty and Parker came back in to take out the needle.

As he was putting a cotton ball over it and a bandaid to stop the little amount of bleeding the door to my room swung open and Ashton stalked in, his pointed look immediately falling on me.

"Thank God." He muttered and power walked over to me, raising my back off the bed as he gathered me in a hug.

"I know you're fine but I've still been so fucking worried." He said into my hair as my arms went around his neck.

"It's okay. I'm glad you're here." I whispered back and he hugged me tighter to him if it was possible.

"Ashton don't strangle her." Ann quipped from the doorway where she stood, her hand on Ender's shoulder.

"Shut up." He mumbled to where only I could hear but released me none the less. He bent down to kiss me but my eyes glanced at every one in the room who was watching our exchange, including my nurse Parker, and he paused and then pulled away, settling for a kiss on the cheek instead.

"Excuse me I need to finish her exam." Parker cleared his throat behind Ashton and he hesitantly backed up so Parker could finish.

He watched us like a hawk as Parker did things like take my temperature, check my blood pressure, and shine that stupid light in my eyes again.

"You look okay. Your results should be back soon, okay?"

"For her MRI and her cat scan?" Ashton asked Parker, his arms folded across his chest like a concerned father.

"Yes, Sir." Parker answered him and then grabbed my chart before briskly leaving the room.

Even after Parker had left and everyone had gone back to waiting in their chairs for the results to come back, Ashton still stood there, tension filled and rigid. He looked almost angry but I wrote it off as concern.

I would've been fine with that too, but he kept looking at me like I was about to break apart or spontaneously combust at any second and it was getting frustrating.

"Would you calm down, please?" I finally snapped at him and his eyes slightly widened before he walked around to the side of my bed by the window and pulled a chair over to sit next to my bed.

"Sorry." He said and grabbed my right hand in both of his.

"Um," Ari cleared her throat, "Hey Ender, Jason, I saw this really creepy old man down the hall tying a bunch of balloons to a stuffed cat. Do you wanna go see?"

"Sure." They both said, taking the hint.

"I'll go too." Ann stood up and followed them out of the room.

I let out a chuckle at their weird exit.

"What?" Ashton gave a small, breathy laugh.

"They're just really sweet is all." I smiled. "It was nice of your mom to be here too."

"I called her after Ari told me you were here in Sydney." He stroked his thumb over the back of my hand. "She was worried about you too. When I told her I couldn't get ahold of you she tried to call but it just went straight to voicemail."

"You gave us all quite a scare there, Car. When I first couldn't get ahold of you I thought that you were ignoring my calls or something but when you didn't answer the house phone or the shop phone I knew something was really wrong. Luke had gotten this girls number at the party on the island a while back, first time he texted her was for Ari's number. That girl didn't have it but she knew someone who might, and that person knew someone who might and so on and so on until we finally got it. When she answered all she told me was to get to St. Vincent's Hospital and had Jason call me back to tell me what happened because she was on the ferry with Ender coming over here.

"I tried to leave work but it was impossible and it was too late to reschedule anything so I had to sit there, thousands of miles away, waiting for phone calls to tell me if you were still breathing. It drove me crazy."

I bit my lip. I didn't know what to say. I felt so incredibly guilty and sorry for all of the trouble and worry I had caused but every time I tried to apologise they told me that it wasn't necessary. If they would just let me apologise I would feel so much better.

I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I felt my eyes well up with tears but I refused to let them fall. I just wanted a few hours by myself, no phone-to just think but no- instead I had to slip on damn water and knock myself out.

I was angry. I was so angry at myself for leaving my damn phone behind. Angry at myself for slipping in that stupid water. And angry at myself for causing all of the people I love and care about most to worry about me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" His voice became softer and his eyes scrunched together in concern. His hand reached up to brush some hair back that had fallen in my eyes.

"I feel like a failure." I breathed, trying not to completely burst into tears.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, the concern growing even more and even adding a bit of confusion to his features.

"I heard Ari talking this morning and she was saying that Ender was crying saying that he had lost me too when they couldn't find me and I hate myself so much for that. He thought he was alone. I've spent every second since our parents died making sure that he never felt alone and there I went and abandoned him. I'm all he has and I just disappeared like that..."

My last words came out in whispers and I took in a staggered breath, the tears threatening to spill over.

"No, baby, no. You're not a failure. What happened wasn't your fault and you couldn't control it. Ender was just scared and worried like the rest of us. All that matters is that you're here now. He knows he's always got you to be there for him, okay? He knows that, I promise you." Ashton said tenderly to me, his sweet words and fingertips wiping away the stray tear drops.

"I just feel so guilty..." I said brokenly under my breath and he immediately began to shush me.

"No one blames you Carter, you don't have to feel guilty." He stroked at my cheek gently and leaned forward, softly touching his lips to mine.

"I'm sorry for worrying you too." I looked up at him with doe eyes and he just shook his head.

"I don't care, just as long as you're okay." He gave me a little smile.

After a few minutes he spoke up again.

"Do you need me to get you anything?"

"I'm fine. But you could probably let the others know they can come in now. I'm sure they want to be here when Dr. Scott comes to give me my results."

"I'll go get them." He patted my arm and then left, coming back a minute later with everyone including someone new.

"Michael." I smiled when he walked in.

"Hey, Car, how ya doing?" He walked over and I gave him a hug.

"I'm great." I smiled.

His hair was currently red since the last time I had seen him in a photo when it was blonde and I had to admit the red suited him quite nicely.

Michael took a seat next to Ann on the sofa while Ashton stayed in the chair by my bed and Ender crawled up next to me so I could cuddle and hold onto him.

I was in fact quite nervous for what Dr. Scott might say about my results.

An hour passed and I was so bored. Ari had braided my hair into two French braids just for something to do.

"Ugh. This is driving me crazy." I groaned, letting my head fall back into the pillow.

"Would you stop hitting your head on things please?" Ashton griped at me and I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"I will kick you out of this hospital room." I mumbled and I could imagine him rolling his eyes. Ann snorted at my retort and Michael let out a little chortle.

"Carter, please?" Ashton sighed and I let out a whine.

"I'm just so sick of waiting. It's making me nervous and I'm about to freaking lose it!"

I didn't mean to raise my voice but I was getting so aggravated.

"Okay," Ari stood up, "I'm going to go get you a coffee...and a candy bar." She said the last part under her breath and I rolled my eyes as she scurried out of the room.

The room was annoyingly quiet while I waited for Ari to return. Maybe once I had the caffeine in my system I would feel better.

When she came back she handed me the coffee and a candy bar which I took gratefully.

After I had eaten I went back to just laying there, bored out of my mind.

"Car?" Ender turned in my arms to look up at me, his voice barely a whisper. "Why is it taking so long?"

"I don't know, bud. Maybe they don't know what's wrong yet?" I suggested.

"Oh." He replied and went back to fiddling with the blanket.

All of our heads jerked up when the door opened and Parker walked in.

"Halle, sorry about the wait." He frowned. "I'm going to have you come with me for a minute."

My throat immediately became dry.

"Ender, you can come too." Parker waved him over and Ender crawled out of the bed, me following after him.

Ari had brought me a change of clothes which I gratefully changed into after my shower to get out of the horrible hospital gown; my white sweater since the hospital was freezing and some yoga pants.

"Wait, shouldn't I go, I'm her emergency contact." Ari stood up hastily.

"It's immediate family only." Parker replied.

"But-" She began and Parker cut her off.

"I'm sorry, but those are the rules." He apologised.

I turned around to tell them that it was okay when Ashton stood abruptly from his seat and stalked towards me, enveloping me in his arms.

His hold on me was strong and urgent.

"I'll see you when I get back, okay?" I said lowly into his ear.

He nodded his head against mine and kissed my ear.

I gave his lips a quick peck and then took a step back.

His eyes looked sad, worried, and scared all at the same time but he forced a smile onto his lips.

I gave his hand a quick squeeze and then followed Parker and Ender into the hallway, taking Ender's hand.

Parker led us down the maze of hallways until we reached a room and he opened the door for us.

Dr. Scott was sitting there, typing out something on the computer in the corner. The tan walls made me nauseous and my stomach was doing backflips.

"Halle, have a seat." He gestured to the tan sofa facing a black screen.

I drug Ender with me and we sat on the couch together, holding hands.

Dr. Scott stood up from the little desk he was sitting at and took two black transparent sheets from a manilla folder.

He placed them on the screen and flipped on a switch.

Two x-Rays of my skull appeared on the screen.

"Okay, so in this photo on the left, you can see where the black spot is, that's where you hit your head. On the right, you can see that same spot is smaller. That's telling us that it's healing which tells me that indeed it is a bruise. We've scanned the images carefully for any dents or cracks in skull but there are none that are apparent." He said, pointing at the different places on the photos.

"So it's just a bruise?" I asked.

"Just a bruise." He gave genuine smile.

"I'm okay?" I asked again, exasperated snd enthralled.

"You're okay. Your bruise should be healed in about a week and there is no permanent damage. You're free to go, Halle." He gave me that grandfatherly smile.

"Thank you so much." I stood up and shook his hand.

"Of course, I hope you feel better and have a safe trip home." He gave me another smile and then swept out of the room.

"You're okay, Car, you're okay!" Ender beamed happily next to me and threw his arms around my waist.

"I'm okay." I pulled him to me, my eyes brimming with moisture of happiness.

Parker escorted Ender and I back to our hall and said he would send by the lady to check me out of the hospital.

I opened the door to my room, everyone's heads snapping up.

Ari looked like she was about to burst into tears. Jason looked like he was trying to hold himself together for her. Ann inhaled sharply and looked like she was preparing herself for the worst. Michael sat up a little straighter and took a deep breath, seeming the calmest out of everyone.

Ashton though, he seemed to be just as distraught as Ari, maybe even more. His eyes were wide and his hands were pressed together and resting under his chin, like he had been praying.

I was still teary eyed and was overall utterly relieved.

Everyone was staring at me with wide, expectant eyes and I blinked heavily, opening my mouth to speak.

"I...I can go home." I breathed, my voice breaking.

"You're okay?" Ari's words cracked and I nodded and smile thumbing its way onto my lips.

"She's healed!" Ender shouted, jumping forward and putting both of his arms in the air.

A laugh escaped me and so did the tears as everyone's faces broke out into smiles, laughs, and tears of their own.

Ari was the first one to run towards me and hug me, her jubilant words flying out of her mouth so fast I had absolutely no idea what she said, and the fact she was almost sobbing didn't help.

Jason finally dragged her away, patting me on the shoulder.

I looked away from them and my gaze was magnetised to Ashton's. He was standing up now and making his way towards me like a man on a mission.

His hands met either side of my face when he approached me and his mouth came down on mine with a force that made me fumble backwards a few steps.

I placed my hands on his chest to stop me from falling and out of surprise for his bold motion in front of everyone in the room.

Though he shocked me by the gesture, I didn't stop it, my lips moved with his happily.

"Ash." I managed to get out between kisses but he ignored me at first.

I could feel everyone's eyes on us and my cheeks were burning, embarrassed at the public display of affection.

Pressing lightly on his chest he seemed to finally get my hint.

"Sorry." He almost panted as he pulled away.

"It's okay." I reached up to pat his cheek lightly.

I peaked over his shoulder to see Ann smiling happily at us and Michael trying not to laugh at Ender's expression, which was one of disgust.

I stifled a chuckle and Ashton positioned me so that his arm was across my shoulders.

Using my fingers I wiped away my tears and sniffled.

"So what did they say it was?" Ann asked.

"It's just a bruise and it should be fully healed in a week." I smiled and Ashton gave my shoulders a squeeze.

"That's amazing Car, really." Ashton kissed my temple.

I couldn't stop smiling, my body on overdrive from excitement and still pumping from the adrenaline of fear earlier.

This week had been rough even though I was only awake for part of it, but it was finally over, and I was ready to go home.

--

Wow.

I honestly didn't know I was going to write this but it happened on its own and it was good to see the other sides of Ashton.

The next part will most likely be from Ashton's point of view but who knows haha

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and as always, vote and comment if you'd like (I love to read your thoughts and opinions) and I'll have the next part up soon.

much love xx -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...
413 23 21
As far as everyone knows Michael Clifford was an only child. That is until he told the world of his twin sister Mena Clifford who had been hidden awa...
17.2K 1.1K 68
Laura is a broken girl, she has no family and is in an abusive relationship. When she runs away to stay with Ashton Irwin it quickly becomes clear th...
13.9K 215 36
Jasmine Irwin was stuck in an abusive relationship. Her brother Ashton found out, and so did her brothers best friend... Luke. Jasmine knows she hate...