Those Perfect Flaws || ✓ || P...

By pialikesbands

#1 in Teen Fiction Blaze Ryder is everything Alaska feared. He is eyes and embraces and fallings stars, choc... More

Before You Read
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Appreciation Update.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Fun Facts + Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Alternate Ending?
Alternate Ending!

Chapter 6

8.5K 377 56
By pialikesbands

Date: 13th January, 2016.

Edited on: 23rd June, 2016.

I'm really happy and proud right now because this book is #4 in the Teen Fiction (as of 13th January 2016) list so here's an update.

"Do not fall in love with people like me.

I will take you to museums,
and parks, and monuments,

and kiss you in every beautiful place,
so that you can never go back
to them without tasting me
like blood in your mouth.

I will destroy in the
most beautiful way possible.

And when I leave
you will finally understand,
why storms are named after people."

ALASKA'S POV

The next morning I woke up feeling fresh. Fresher than I had ever felt in the past few days.

Rolled over in my bed and looked at the clock which read 6:55am in bright red numbers. I stretched my arms above my head and decided to have the day off.

I picked up my phone from my nightstand and rolled on to my back. Opening up the group chat on Whatsapp, I typed in, "I is no coming to hell hole. I is taking the day off." I swiped the chat bubble towards my left to see who had read the message. None. Looks like the motherfuckers were still sleeping.

I opened up my Instagram and scrolled through my feed, liking the pictures and tagging Liz, Noah or Liam in whichever posts I found relatable. A few minutes later my phone vibrated in my hand indicating I had a new message.

It was from Liam and read, "Put your lazy ass back to bed then. I'll be there after school."

The second one was by Noah saying, "Oh and quit tagging me on IG at this ungodly hour."

I rolled my eyes appreciating they didn't use the stupid abbreviations. Nobody in the group was allowed to use abbreviations because I hated them and the guys became used to it after a little while.

While I was viewing 5SOS's snapchat story, my grip on the phone loosened and it facepalmed me. It hurt like a bitch. I rubbed my nose and set the phone aside, locking it. Seeing that it was just 7:13am, I went back to sleep.

I woke up again to Liz bouncing on me. I didn't want to get up so I kicked her off me, resulting in her falling off the bed. I could hear her groaning from the ground so I pulled up the blankets over my head and tried to fall back asleep.

I heard Liz getting up and moving towards the bed. She tried to rip off the blankets but I held on tight. She pulled harder which led to me hitting myself. I sat up and left my death grip on the blanket to cradle my jaw and sat up. I saluted Liz with the finger and rest my head on the headboard.

A few seconds later, I opened my eyes and made my way towards the bathroom, taking out clothes from the closet.

After showering, I walked back in the room, seeing Liz scrolling through my phone.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, sounding curious and not rude.

"I attended the first lecture but it was boring so here I am." she said.

"Mhm, lets take a day off and binge watch American Horror Story." I suggested. Liz agreed.

It was still early, so we had the whole day ahead of us, we could easily complete Season One.

We went downstairs to make some breakfast. I stood on my tip toes to get some flour but I couldn't reach it. I sighed and jumped, getting a grip on the corner of the packet.

While removing the flour in the bowl, Liz spoke up, "You know Blaze doesn't like it when you both are not talking."

I puffed up my cheeks saying, "I know, this is the longest we have gone without talking after his mum passed away. But y'know, he is the one who has to come and apologise. I know we both said some nasty shit to each other but he crossed the line the other day.

He called me a slut because I talk to the guys. I mean, c'mon, they all are my friends. At least, I'm not hooking up with them?! I never call him a man whore when he hooks up with every girl he sees!"

"What I mean is that he is annoyed because you're spending so much time with Liam. He is not used to Liam being all buddy buddy with you." she further explained while cooking the eggs.

"Yeah, but Noah is mostly with Blaze and I can't go to him. I don't want him taking sides between his two best friends. Yeah, we text all day but I don't know, I can tell Liam everything too." I ended with a shrug.

"Mkay, let's just have breakfast." she said with a somewhat bitter tone.

We carried our plates to the living room and set them on the coffee table. I put in 'American Horror Story: Murder House' in the DVD Player and Liz closed all the curtains so it was dark.

Its never too early for horror shows.

I put my legs on the table and the food plate on my lap.

After several candies, popcorn, and seven and half hours later we were through season one. By now, we had blankets all around us as we had built a fort. I stretched and quickly jogged up the stairs to get my room for my phone.

While coming down and checking my phone simultaneously, I saw that I had seven missed calls from Liam. Shrugging, I dialled his number, calling him back. I entered the living room and laughed at something Liam was saying.

Liz lipsed a "Who is it?" and I lifted up my finger indicating her to wait.

She pursed her lips and annoyance radiated off her in waves.

I hung up the phone after Liam said that he'd be at my place in five.

When Liam arrived, Liz left abruptly after saying a 'Hello' to him, not before hitting my shoulder with her in a rough manner. What the heck is wrong with her?

Liam and I caught up about school and Noah, until my little brother Kyle came bouncing in the living room. He fist bumped Liam and told me to get ready for dinner because were were going out with guests. Liam left after hugging both Kyle and I.

I climbed upstairs and stripped down in the bathroom to take a nice hot shower.

After throughly washing myself, I wrapped myself in a white fluffy towel and walked in my walk in wardrobe to pick something out.

After staring at my clothes for five minutes, I sighed. I had nothing to wear. Metaphorically, of course. After throwing my head back in exaggeration and sighing once more, I settled on a dressy ripped jeans with a black spaghetti top and a shrug which was short and open from the front and reached to my knees at the back. I put on some mascara and kohl. Thats it, I was done.

I straightened my hair and put on my black converse on my blue socks. I walked to the mirror and I seeing how I looked, I was satisfied. I strutted downstairs and as soon as my mum saw me, she started ranting.

"ALASKA! We are going to a good place with guests! The least you could have done was wear a dress. And oh God! Look at your face. Go apply some make up, lip stick at least?."

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out of the house, grabbing Kyle's hand and taking him with me.

Mum said this every time but it didn't bother me. I just ignored her. I hated dresses and make up.

We got into the car with mum in the passenger seat. Dad backed away from the driveway and I connected the aux cord to my phone. After ten minutes of driving and Kyle and I singing (thankfully, we had the same music preference), we reached a sophisticated restaurant. I lazily climbed out of the car and entered the restaurant. The usher assigned to our table.

I swung my legs below the table accidentally hitting my mom. She glared at me but didn't say a word. She knows now that its fucking useless.

A minute or two later, Damien and his parents arrived. So these were our "guests". Mine and Damien's dad owned a company together and we often has these dinner meetings.

After the dinner, Damien and I clicked loads of selfies with silly faces and I added them to my Snapchat and he uploaded them on Instagram with the caption, "Favourite girl" and a heart. We had dessert later in a shop, downtown. After hugs and kisses, we were off, back on the way home.

I got quickly undressed and slid into my Minion pyjamas with a plain black t-shirt on the top. I sighed in comfort and a small smile featured my face. Rolling my neck and stretching my arms above my head, I laid on my bed. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

+ + + + + + + + + +

It was the exact same place with the exact same smell of alcohol and cigarets. It had the exact same flooring made up of concrete and tiles. I could feel the exact same fucked up emotions: Anxiety and fear.

I looked around the ruined, abandoned building exploring the place for any exits that I could use. There were none. I was just going round and round in circles. There was not a single way out, I was goddamned stuck.

There were loads of people today. Ten? Fifteen? I couldn't count because of the lack of light. I could just see silhouettes thus, I squinted my eyes so I could see them more clearly.

Eleven men and a woman.

I was tied to the chair again today by two men. The woman came ahead and her eyes were covered by a mask.

I looked at her with fearful eyes, anticipating her next move. It all felt so surreal.

Everything faded into the dark.

+ + + + + + + + + +

I don't remember what happened next, but I got up panting. What was up? Why was I having those dreams? They're just getting more and more violent. Scarier.

I guess I'll just have to ask mom about it. I just wanted to be okay.

________________________

So there it is. Shorter than usual but hey, it's an update!

All the love,
Pia xx

VOTE

COMMENT

VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 127 26
In the midst of his teenage years, a 14-year-old high schooler found himself falling deeply in love for the very first time. However, there was a cat...
165K 3.9K 32
It started with a kiss and ended with a list. The middle is a bit more complicated. The list of rules is supposed to protect mine and Beck's friendsh...
121 28 24
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
3.9K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...