Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 101

272 16 14
By fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

It feels a little strange to still be laying in bed with Hunter, at 7:30 in the morning. Normally I would be up with Harper by now, making her breakfast or reading her some stories, trying to be as quiet as possible until he woke up. The reason I'm not is because Lynette and Leo kindly offered to take Harps with them back to their hotel last night, after we celebrated Hunter's 28th birthday.

I can't believe it's September already, only two and a half months before the wedding. There is still so much to do. I have started making some of the decorations already. I've been applying silver glitter on over 80 masks that I will eventually attach seating card labels to and sketching out what I want each centerpiece to look like. Unfortunately, I can't do the rest of the decorations until one month before. I can't risk having the white pumpkins turn brown or start to rot. Thankfully, my entire bridal party, plus Jan and Lynette have offered to help me decorate them, which is nice because I will need over 130 before all is said and done.

"Hey babe." Hunter whispers in my ear instantly sending chills down my back. "What are you doing?"

"Thinking about all the stuff I still need to get done before the wedding."

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Not right now. Maybe when it gets a bit closer."

"Alright, just promise me you will ask. I don't want you to get all stressed out."

"I promise." I say as I roll over and lay my head on his chest. " I love you so much. I hope you know I can't wait to marry you."

"I can't wait to marry you, too." He smiles.

I snuggle in closer to his warmth and begin to draw small circles on his chest. "Hun, why do you love me?"

"There are lots of reasons why. You're strong, kind, trustworthy and oh so beautiful. You take my breath away every time I look at you."

I roll my eyes. "I doubt that."

"You do, honestly." He says as he kisses the tip of my nose and runs his fingers through my hair. "You make me feel safe, loved and appreciated. I know that I can count on you to be there for me, which is something I will never take for granted. I want you to know. You are sweet and patient with my fans and most importantly with Harper. You are honest, encouraging and so damn sexy. You are caring, giving and incredibly maternal. You will be an amazing step mother to Harper and mother to our children."

I stiffen as soon as I hear the part about being maternal. "Bbbbb but what if I can't have children?"

"You will."

"Seriously Hunter. What if I can't? Will you still love me then?"

He tilts my head so I am looking directly at him. "IF you can't. I promise you it will make no difference. I will still love you with my whole heart."

"I hope so." I whisper as tears fill my eyes.

"Baby, don't cry, please. Everything will be fine. There's nothing to worry about."

"I can't help it. I keep thinking about what Renee said. That Harper will be devastated if she doesn't have a brother or sister. I don't want to do that to her." I begin to sob.

"Liddy, listen to me. Renee only said that to hurt you. You know that. We've talked about this before. She said that because she was jealous and angry that I love you instead of her."

"Jealous or not, we both know that she is right. Harper will be so upset."

"Why do you feel that it's solely our responsibility to give Harper a sibling? Remember Renee can have children, too."

"I know that. But it seems like Harper keeps asking us and not Renee. Did she mention it when you and Renee were together?"

"Ah, could you do me a favor and not refer to she and I as together. Because we NEVER were."

"I'm sorry, but you know what I mean."

"Yay, I do. And to be honest I don't really remember. Maybe once?"

"See! She asks me almost every day. She's expecting us to give her a brother or a sister."

"And we will. We can try In Vitro Fertilization a few times. If it doesn't work we can try a surrogate or we can even adopt. Don't worry, please."

"Have you really thought about what it would be like to have a surrogate carry our baby? I have. We would miss so much with our child growing in another woman's uterus? We wouldn't be able to feel him or her kick for the first time or see if when you sang to them, if they calmed down or moved around more. Have you considered how awkward it would be to go to doctor's appointments with her and what the actual delivery would be like?"

"I agree we would miss some things and that it would be a bit strange, but we could find someone who we both really like, so hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult."

"See!!! You even admitted it. It would be difficult. I don't want to put you through that! Having a baby is suppose to be something magical and a true bonding experience between a husband and wife. I want that with you. It bothers me so much to think that you got to experience all those wonderful moments with Renee and there's a good chance that we may never share any of that because we have to use a surrogate or need to adopt instead."

"Baby, it would be different, but in the end getting to raise a child with you, would make it all worth it."

"Are you sure that you wouldn't resent me?"

"ABSOLUTELY not! Babe, I love you for who you are. You are my soul mate. If we don't have children for whatever reason, it's okay. It's all part of God's plan. We'll still be incredibly happy. I just know it." He says as he wraps his arms tightly around me.

"I'm so scared. God, I wish it didn't have to be this way. I wish I could be like a normal woman. I wish we could get pregnant like a normal couple. I HATE that we have use a lab to conceive our child. I'm so sorry. "

"It's okay." He says as he rocks me in his arms. "You have NOTHING to feel sorry about. You didn't do anything wrong."

"I just feel so broken."

"You're not broken. You're perfect. You are everything I need in this world. You make me so happy. I can't imagine loving anyone more than you. You complete me."

"But you could do so much better."

"Shhh Stop saying that. You are the VERY BEST for me. I don't care if it's going to be a bit more difficult to have children. None of that matters as long as I have you by my side every day for the rest of my life. PLEASE, believe me."

"I want to. I really do. I'm just scared."

"Let me ask you a question. Would you love me any less, if I were the reason we couldn't get pregnant? Would you still want to marry me?"

"What? Of course I would still love you and want to spend my life with you."

"Why?"

"Because you're amazing. You make me laugh when no one else can. Just the sound of your voice makes me smile. You're smart, witty and handsome as heck. You are generous, understanding and patient. You're ..."

"Short."

"Maybe a little short. But so am I so we're perfect for each other."

"Exactly!" He cheers as he kisses my cheek. "So since it wouldn't matter to you if I were the reason we couldn't conceive a baby, you have to concede that it wouldn't make a difference to me either."

"I guess so."

"You don't sound very convinced."

"I'm sorry. I know you mean everything you are saying right now. I really do. But I'm afraid in a few years, if we still haven't had a baby you'll change your mind.

  Actually I'm terrified, but I don't want to tell him that. He's worried enough about me right now. It's written all over his face. I wish I hadn't even brought the subject up.

"Babe, I swear to you I'm NOT going to change my mind. I'm always going to love you, more and more every day. PLEASE, trust me."

I sigh. "I'm trying. I really am."

"You know what? Why don't you do some research and figure out what infertility doctor you want to see then make an appointment? After talking with them I'm sure that you'll feel less anxious about all of this."

"I already know who I want to be my doctor."

He chuckles. "Of course you do. You are always prepared. Just another reason why I love you so much. So what's the doctor's name and where are they located?"

"Her name is Dr. Abby Elben. She's part of the Nashville Fertility Center."

"Why does that name sound so familiar to me?"

"I don't know. She has a wonderful reputation from what I've read."

He repeatedly mutters her name over and over. "Abby Elben, Dr. Abby Elben.". When he makes the connections his face lights up. "She was the doctor that Charlie and Cassie Kelley saw a few years back, when they were having problems conceiving."

"Are we talking Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum?"

"Yes. ... I can't believe I forgot about that. His wife Cassie had some sort of issues with one or both of her fallopian tubes. I'm not exactly sure of the details. All I know for certain is that she had a beautiful baby boy a few months after the Wheels Up tour ended."

"She did?" I ask excitedly.

"She certainly did. Would you like to talk with Cass about her infertility? If you do tell me and I'll call Charlie later and set up a time when all of us can get together."

"Yes! Please call him."

"Okay, I will. Cassie is so nice. You'll love her. Charlie is a great guy also. I'm positive they wouldn't mind discussing their issues with us. They probably could give us some advice and answer a few of our questions."

"So did she carry the baby or did they use a surrogate?"

"She was pregnant. She had really bad morning sickness. I use to feel so bad for her. She missed quite a few shows because of it."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about them before?"

"I know! I'm so sorry. I totally forgot."

"It's fine. I'm not angry. I'm just glad that you finally remembered. I'm looking forward to meeting Cassie. It will be nice to talk with someone who has similar problems. Right now I feel like such a freak."

He wraps me in his arms and holds me tight. "You are NOT a freak. You are my beautiful fiancé who I couldn't love more if I wanted to."

_____________________________

Sorry for the delay in updates. I had a bit of writer's block until this morning.

Thank you for reading 16.1 K reads. That's incredible!!!

Please, vote and comment if you are still enjoying Huddy's story. Your comments keep me motivated to continue writing.

I need to give a shout out to the story THE GUY NEXT DOOR. By Percabeth5599

It is amazing! I started reading it and couldn't put it down! It isn't a Hunter Hayes fanfic but it is still awesome. If you haven't read it you NEED to!!! Like now!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 1.1K 14
A Grown Ups fan fiction. What will happen when Katie the 13 year old daughter of Marcus Higgins falls for the fun, good looking, sweet Greg Feder?Ho...
8K 212 28
A small family had lost the father a year ago. The mother never found anyone else until a man shows up and takes her breath away. The daughter doesnt...
231 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
50.8K 877 41
What will happen when Ally has had enough and moves away from her dad to start a new chapter of her life? What will happen when she bumps into someo...