Trials of the Hunt

De lavendardoll

When the Wild Hunt rides at night, it blots out the sky and people disappear never to be seen again...or so t... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue

Chapter 54

7 1 0
De lavendardoll

Gannon awoke alone to the sound of birds chirping. The cool morning air stirred delicate flowers that surrounded him in the center of his garden. The dirt had been turned, but was neat and damp. Gannon remained on his side, examining the small grouping of red pelliwort closest to him. Dew had collected on the petals and the stem and leaves were fuzzy and damp. The wildlife was abuzz around him, as blue jays and maui sang and called to one another. A loon flew overhead, casting a brief, dim shadow over the garden.

"If I don't rise now..."

Gannon slowly rolled around in the patch of pelliwort just off the main path. The scent tickled his nose as the soft petals rubbed against his skin, depositing their delicate scent upon his naked body. He slowly sat upright, stretching his arms high above his head and yawned, bits of dirt falling from his moist skin.

He stood in his beautiful garden, naked, and quietly returned to his abode. It was pristine, like he hadn't left everything in a trail leading outside the previous night. Even the mages had been through the abode. He could still feel protection magics that weren't his own. Especially around the bathroom.

This would be a difficult day for everyone. House Lupuna would be lucky to maintain half its noble alliances when the day was over. He could only imagine how his father would take Padraig's betrayal, how he would handle this latest adversity.

Without a shave, without a shower, Gannon donned his best military uniform, slick new shoes and a classic timepiece. There were meetings to attend, and a favor to ask. Safety had now become an issue. The bathroom was off limits and he bound Orion around his waist as he left his abode.

The palace was nearly empty, save for the small groups of mages in their heavy maroon cloaks, staffs by their sides. Knights in shiny plate armor with the crest of the wolf emblazoned on their chest plates lined the walls between the administrative entrance and the offices. They stood shoulder to shoulder at attention.

Activity picked up the closer he got to the offices, as government workers shuffled to and fro, but even the offices seemed sparse. The gossip in the halls spoke of the impending sidhe march on the palace. Families were leaving Capital City in droves as the news circulated that King Kirwin stood to lose his throne to a coup. The king and his heir were in hiding. Padraig had stolen his brother's betrothed on the day of their engagement. Public support for the heir and his soon-to-be mate was very low, as the general populace found the move to be in terribly bad taste, especially for a would-be king. The people demanded repayment for the farce of a ball the noble houses had used public funds to finance.

With rumors swirling about the sidhe march on the palace, tensions were high among those remaining in Capital City. Some spoke of overthrowing the king and fighting the sidhe. Others would join with the sidhe to dethrone the useless monarchy. The first whispers of rebellion filled the palace.  

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

9K 480 29
This is a story of two worlds, one being the normal earth and the other a magical one set in the medieval times. One school trip to the forest brings...
51 4 22
Layton Hammond grew up with a troubling childhood but now he's found his feet and a new family in his pack. All Layton needs now is his mate or so h...
271K 10K 34
She is a hunter, hunting the paranormal since she was 9, when she was abandoned by her family. She is known as Golden Eyes, because it is rumored her...
195 18 14
A tundra shrouded in biting winds and merciless cold, a town terrorized by a blood-thirsty nightmare and a half-blood Prince facing an adversary to c...