Friends (Camren)

By roxkvato

Friends don't love me like you do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
A Final Word

Chapter 26

4.8K 82 26
By roxkvato

Camila's P.O.V.

December 26th. Finally. Although I love Christmas, the past two days had dragged by. I went through the usual motions with my sister: writing letters to Santa, baking cookies for the jolly old soul; I mean don't get me wrong I enjoyed all of these things, in fact I looked forward to them each year, but something felt off this year. Not to mention Christmas in Miami felt nothing like Christmas in New York, it was literally scorching here...I just didn't feel like it was Christmas which has to be the suckiest feeling in the world. I couldn't complain though, I mean my dad finally bought me a car so I could actually be somewhat independent. A dark red Ford Fusion actually. Not only was the weather fucked up, but between all of the festivities and events that came along with the holiday, I hadn't been able to see Lauren, hell I'd barley been able to talk to her. That's why I was particularly excited for this evening because Lauren, Normani, Ally and I were getting together to do our own gift exchange at Ally's favorite restaurant: Waffle House of course.

Usually we would groan at the option due to the amount of times we go there, but we were all so happy to see each other no one had the heart to object. Besides, the setting was perfect and although Miami heat was really killing my usually ever present Christmas spirit, the tiny restaurant brought the sense of Christmas cheer I had longed for all month. It was cold inside and as all of my friends complained, I hid my hands in the sleeves of my sweater, relishing in the cool temperature. This is what it should feel like outside. The tall Christmas tree in the corner of the place was lit perfectly and the lights were shining brightly in my friends eyes. On the backs of each chair was an over-sized Santa hat, and on top of all of the circular lights hanging from the ceiling were large red bows.

Upon our arrival the four of us exchanged hugs as Ally squealed a plethora of "Merry Christmas everybody!" We stomped into Waffle House together telling each other about what we did and what we got for Christmas, and as much as I tried to pay attention to the girls in front of me, the green eyed beauty sitting beside me was making me crazy...and she wasn't even doing anything. Her bright red shirt made her eyes an unbelievable shade of emerald and her dark wash ripped jeans were making me want to rip them off, but I intended to push those thoughts from my mind as soon as possible. Aside from the four of us there was no one else in the small building and I was grateful for that because in all honesty we were being pretty loud, thank God the workers didn't seem to mind.

"So what are your holiday traditions, Mila?" Ally asked, and I felt everyone direct their attention at me.

"Well, me and my family always get together and bake cookies for Santa of course, but one of my favorite traditions will always be writing letters to Santa with my sister. Seeing her get so excited over something so small reminds me of the actual importance of Christmas. The innocence of it all. I love it." I mused, reflecting on the tradition I shared with Sofi.

"Oh. My. God. That's so precious. " Ally gushed as Normani nodded in agreement.

"She's right, Camz, that's adorable." Lauren seconded, reaching over to plant a kiss on my cheek and intertwining our fingers in the process.

"You're adorable." I stated cheesily, giggling at myself.

"Shut up." she shook her head, but smiled anyway.

"You guys are gross." Normani said, feigning disgust.

Our conversation was interrupted by out waitress coming to take our order.

"Are you guys ready to order." asked the dark skinned woman, smiling politely at the four of us.

"Yes ma'am!" Ally exclaimed, knowing that we all knew what we wanted.

"I'll take a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on Texas toast and a waffle of course!!" Ally finished simply.

"I'll have an order of cheese eggs, an order of hash browns, and a few slices of tomatoes." I explained, receiving the same look I got from every waiter when they took my order here. It wasn't offensive though, I mean who really ordered that here anyway?

Normai and Lauren got the usual All Star Special with hash browns instead of grits, laughing at each other for being "pigs." It was actually quite funny how the four of us never steered away from our usual order, there were even some times when we came in and the cook immediately began making our food because he knew exactly what we wanted.

After the waitress had left and the sweet smell of bacon had taken over the place, we began our conversation again. It was simple small talk to fill the silence while we waited on our food to arrive, but then Normani got an idea.

"We should FaceTime Dinah guys...it doesn't feel right without her." Normani expressed genuinely.

"I didn't even think of that, I've been meaning to do that all week!!" I agreed, pulling out my phone and dialing Dinah's number quickly. I set my phone up on top of the napkin holder so that she could be seen by the whole group.

As soon as the screen said "connecting," the four of us angled ourselves so that we could all see the girl, and she could see us.

"Hey Dinah!" we all hummed in union, then laughed at ourselves.

"Guys, oh my god!" the girl squealed, obviously excited to see us.

"We all wanted to talk to you so we figured it would be cool if we just FaceTimed you now." Normani explained to our friend.

"Are you guys at Waffle House?" Dinah asked.

"Duh." Lauren chuckled.

"Go figure." Dinah rolled her eyes, clearly not surprised by the girls' choice.

The four of us caught up with Dinah, asking simple and more specific questions about the events of the last few months. New York seemed crazy, and I hated to admit that I missed it.

"Oh shit, Mila, I totally forgot to tell you something." she practically yelled, stifling a laugh.

"Okay...what?" I asked, confused at what could possibly be so surprising.

"Um so...well I think it's actually going to make you laugh...I'm not sure." she elaborated.

"Just tell me Dinah." I stated bluntly.

"Well Austin is...kind of...gay." she chuckled out.

"Wait what?" I gasped. That was fucking hilarious...but what?

"Yeah. Like after he and Becky broke up...or stopped fucking...or whatever they were doing...he started dating this guy named Shawn. Like he isn't out or anything, but I skipped class one day and caught them making out behind the gym." she explained, clearly humored by the finding.

"Holy shit...that's ironic." I laughed with a smug smile on my face.

"Asshole." Lauren mumbled under her breath, still obviously upset about the whole situation that had happened previously.

I responded to her by planting a gentle kiss on her  cheek. There was no need to bring up a negative topic right now, all was well and I didn't want to bring up useless, old drama.

That's when our food arrived. Half a dozen hot plates were placed sporadically around the table, eliciting a cheer from the shortest girl in the group.

"I'm so jealous, that looks delicious." Dinah admitted enviously.

"Mhm." the four of us muffled, mouths already stuffed with breakfast food.

We spent the next ten minutes stuffing our faces with food while Dinah belted out whistle tone notes through the phone.

"Normani!" Dinah exclaimed suddenly, startling the whole group.

"Damn it Dinah! What?" Normani snapped back because she had spilled her chocolate milk on her jeans.

"Hold the phone up to your ear." the Polynesian girl insisted.

Quickly doing what was asked of her, the dark girl cupped the speaker of the phone around her ear, making it impossible for us to hear what was being said. As Normani's eyes widened and a mischievous grin creeped up across her features, the three of us grew curious.

"Oh my god." she said with a stunned expression on her face.

"What?" Ally said looking genuinely concerned for her friend.

"Does anyone have a dollar?" she inquired with a smug look on her face.

"Yeah..." Lauren replied confused, but still reaching for her purse to find a dollar and giving it to Normani.

The girl stood up and walked to the jukebox, earning a look of realization from all of us. As soon as the music started, we knew what she was playing.

I don't want a lot for Christmas,
There is just one thing I need.

Normani sang immediately.

I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree.

Lauren joined in.

I just want you for my own more than you could ever know.

Ally continued.

Make my wish come true.

Camila began.

All I want for Christmas is you.

Dinah sang loudly over the phone.

The five of us danced and sang along with each other obnoxiously loud until the song was over. Even some of the workers joined in.

"This is what Christmas should feel like" I thought, walking behind my girlfriend, wrapping my arms around her torso and placing my chin on her shoulder. She responding by turning her head to place a chaste kiss on my lips, making my heart flutter as usual.

"That was such a great idea, Dinah." Ally stated, out of breath, receiving a nod from all of us.

"Do you guys want to do gift exchange now?" Lauren suggested. The sun had been down for a while now, and we were all admittedly becoming a bit tired.

"Sure!" Ally agreed.

We all exchanged presents, which consisted of small, sentimental items including mugs, humorous underwear, stuffed animals, and candles, each item personalized for the receiver. Of course Lauren and I got each other a more special gift, representing how we felt for each other.

"You open yours first." Lauren pleaded, insecurity in her eyes. She was obviously not pleased with what she got me, which I'm sure was perfectly fine especially coming from her, but I agreed nevertheless.

She handed me a wide square box wrapped in red, striped paper. Ripping open the gift carefully, I took the top off of the box. It was an Ed Sheeran vinyl, my favorite artist. Not only was it a vinyl but it was a signed vinyl, signed by Ed Sheeran.

"Lauren." I gasped, bringing my hand up to my lips. To anyone else this would be nothing to freak out over, but to me it was everything. "How did you get this?"

"My dad is friends with someone who is related to someone who knows someone who is Ed Sheeran's great uncle. I literally just asked once to see if it was a possibility and he got it to me within a week." she explained, still nervous.

"It's perfect." I stated firmly. "Absolutely perfect."

The dark haired girl was now smiling thankfully.

"It's your turn." I chimed, pulling my record up to my chest and handing her her gift.

Taking the paper off of the box carefully, Lauren's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to figure out what she was unwrapping. A look of realization took over her features, followed by a gasp. She stared at the box for a while and finally looked up at me, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"You fucking didn't." Lauren smiled.

"I fucking did." I assured her.

"Holy shit." she squeaked out.

"Now you can capture moments like this, just like you wanted." I referred to our conversation on the nature trail.

"I love it." she practically yelled, holding up her new Cannon camera for the three other girls to see.

"You guys are adorable." Ally said, endeared.

"You really are. But it's getting kind of late, so Ally and I are probably gonna head home." Normani said, reaching across the table to hug both of us and then pulling Ally out of the booth behind her.

"Bye babes!!" Ally yelled cheerfully before disappearing out the door.

I decided to move to the booth across from Lauren because, although I loved being so close to my girlfriend, I didn't want to come off as one of those annoying, clingy couples.

"They're such a mess." Lauren chuckled, shaking her head at the pair.

"Yeah they are!" Dinah yelled from my phone, startling both of us...we had forgotten about her presence entirely.

"Shit, Dinah." I heaved, clutching my chest dramatically.

"Sorry. I had to remind you guys that I was here before you did something disgustingly cute." she groaned.

I locked eyes with the green eyed girl and both of us rolled our eyes in sync.

"I've gotta go anyway guys." Dinah insisted.

Picking up my phone, I bid my best friend goodbye.

"Bye, DJ." I smiled.

"Bye, Mila. Bye Lo!" Dinah sang out, causing me to laugh instinctively.

Hitting the end button, I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye. Looking up confused, I saw my girlfriend looking at the screen of her new camera.

"I captured my first moment." she explained, smiling softly down at the photo.

"You're an idiot." I laughed, endeared at the action.

"You love me." she smirked, getting up from the booth and grabbing my hand, pulling me behind her.

"Whatever, that's gross." I joked, kissing her cheek to contrast my previous statement.

Lauren pulled me out of the restaurant and quickly to the car. Pushing me up against her car she gripped my waist and placed her forehead against mine.

"So gross." she whispered seductively before taking my bottom lip in hers.

The kiss was over just as quickly as it began, and she backed up, still gripping my fingers loosely.

"Goodnight, Camz." she hummed sweetly.

"Goodnight, Lo." I answered before hopping into my car.

God, she would be the death of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 41.6K 30
Camren FanFic. Lauren G!P.
39.4K 1.5K 26
❝Oh, Zayn, i don't have enough middle fingers to show you how i feel about you.❞ ― Cᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ © itshannaboo
195K 6.6K 14
Camila and Lauren grow up together and fall in love a best friends to lovers au
Bad News By Giny

Fanfiction

2.4M 69.7K 57
Lauren is a smart girl and kind of nerdy. She only has two friends at school, Normani and Dinah. She's had a small crush on the mysterious badass Cam...