Hearts Of Glass #AdultFiction

By CathyAltier

WATTPAD FEATURED STORY It's the summer of 1976. Sarah has lived in the small lakeside town of Breezewood a... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 24

3.4K 127 11
By CathyAltier

Sam pushed open the glass doors of the hotel and walked outside, then stopped and looked around.

He had no idea where he was going, he just needed to have some peace from Sarah's ranting. There was no way he was going back to the club, where he knew Gisette was waiting for him.

He turned in the opposite direction and walked until he found a small bar set in between a barber shop and a drug store.    

Sam opened the door, looking through the smokey haze and headed for the long row of bar stools that lined the right side of the room. There were only a couple old men sitting at the closest end, so he walked past them and sat at the last stool.

The bartender took Sam's order for a double shot of whiskey then pointed at the clock on the wall. "We're closing in fifteen minutes."

Sam looked up at the clock in surprise. It read 2:15. He thought back in his head, calculating just how much time he had spent with Gisette. It had to have been at least an hour and a half, maybe close to two hours.

Gisette had dragged him out on the dance floor where she informed him that she had taken one of the yellow jackets that she had gotten from Trish. She said that all she wanted to do was dance, and she wasn't letting him go until she was tired.

They had always loved to dance together. When they were together before, clubbing had been the thing they did the most. To them, it was their foreplay before the actual foreplay. They would feel the sexual tension beginning on the dance floor and carry it over to their bed at night.

Tonight Sam had determined that it would be different. They would be able to dance without turning it into foreplay. But he didn't notice how one song slipped into another, then another. They were dancing and laughing as friends.

Then a slow song came on and Gisette had snuggled into him. She whispered in his ear, her French words were warm and soft. He felt his resolve fading and he tried to pull away, whispering. "Pas une bon idee, Gisette."

Gisette had taken his hand from behind her and slid it between them, cupping it around her breast. "Oui, il est." She softly kissed his neck, and gave a soft laugh when she felt him shiver. "You want me, Sam, as much as I want you."

Her soft accent dulled his senses and he shook his head to clear it even as his fingers slipped through the neckline of her dress. He felt a warmth wash over him as her nipple responded to his touch. "This isn't right." He whispered in her ear. "We can't keep doing this."

"Just once." Gisette kissed him softly along his jaw. "No one will ever know." Her hand slid down to his zipper and she stroked him. "Just one more time, please."

Sam felt her lips moving against his neck, softly and slowly, and her warm breath heated his blood sending it rushing wherever she touched. "Just once more. I want to feel you in me. Feel your cock pulse in me as you come." His hand pushed her against him as he rocked his hips forward, and she murmured. "Yes, Sam. Like that, do it again." The softly spoken French words pleaded with him and he felt her hand, hot and demanding, stroking him.

They slipped back into the shadows, kissing passionately, their hands moving over each other. Gisette moved her leg, revealing a slit in her skirt and Sam slipped his hand through, sliding expertly up her thigh. He growled low and closed his mouth over hers when his fingertips grazed over her bare silken skin and felt the spasm shiver through her body.

Sam breathed raggedly into her ear. "Not here." He felt Gisette's hand press down hard, massaging and he gasped. "Fuck, we can't do it here."

"Remember, Sam? The night at the club.." Gisette's voice was husky, heavy with passion as she reminded him in detail what they had done. She murmured that no one noticed them that night, promised him that no one would see them now.

They stumbled into the hall, their hands on each other as they fell back onto the stairwell in the back corner. Gisette hands stroked him as she slid the zipper down and freed him from the tightness of his jeans. Their lips were lightly touching and the softly spoken words were warm breaths that added to the flame.

He pushed her back on the stair, feeling the jolt as her head hit the wood. His hand pulled at the slit in her skirt and heard the fabric tear. The unbearable ache guided him and he could feel her silken thighs widen as she rocked up to meet him.

He felt a whoosh of air as he was yanked backward. Gisette was cursing loudly at the interuption and he fought to get back to her, to slide into the warmth he so badly wanted.

Georgie pulled Sam off Gisette and hauled his ass outside the bar, pushing him around and yelling. He told Sam that he was a stupid fucking asshole to leave Sarah alone.

Sam stumbled around in confusion, attempting to zip his pants as his mind tried to change tracks. His body was still vibrating from his actively engaged libido just a minute ago. He needed the release that he had been so close to getting. He swung out angrily at his brother, but he was still unsteady on feet and his aim was off.

Georgie grabbed the arm that Sam swung at him. He held it in the air as he sneered in Sam's face. "You fucking dumb ass! Get your dick out of that whore and go get your girl!"

Georgie said that Sarah had left with Tex and he wouldn't blame her if she fucked him. He told Sam that it was a good possibility that Sarah and Tex were fucking right now, after all, isn't that what he was just doing?

When the words sunk in, Sam was stunned. Sarah and Tex? He left Georgie, outside the bar, still yelling at him, as he ran to the hotel.

Sam sucked down his drink, left a couple bills on the bar, and left.

He turned and walked in the opposite direction of the hotel, deep in thought. He was a fucking asshole, just like Georgie said.

He had a beautiful girl, one who had loved him with all her heart. Sarah had left everything behind and went with him when he asked her to. She had chosen him over Pete, someone who could have given her a more stable life. Someone who would have loved her as she deserved to be loved. Fuck! The guy that she had given her cherry to! The son of a bitch that was just waiting for him to fuck up. The only one that Sam knew who could take Sarah away from him

And what had he done? Sam cursed himself mentally. He had let himself get caught up in Gisette's web, again. And in doing so, he could lose the only girl who ever meant anything to him. Sarah was the only girl he had ever loved, the only girl he ever wanted to love. And he was driving her right into Pete's arms.

Sam looked around at the deserted sidewalk and street, then lit up a joint, smoking it as he walked. He knew he had to go back and talk to Sarah. And apologize, beg, plead with her to please forgive him. He had to prove to her that he would be true to her. With a plan in mind, he turned on his heel and jogged back to the hotel.

***

Sam entered his room and heard pounding coming from the door connecting his room to Georgie's. He threw the door open, then ducked as Georgie's fist came down near his head.

"What the fuck is wrong, man?" Sam yelled.

Georgie ran to the bed, frantically telling Sam. "I have been knocking and yelling at this door, for five minutes! Here, sit her up!"

Sam pulled Sarah to a sitting position and her head lolled back.

"Sarah! Sweetheart, wake up!" he yelled as he patted her cheeks. "Fuck, Georgie! She's not coming around! Sarah, please, Sweetheart!" He pulled her to him, crying as he rocked her. "Sarah, please!"

Sarah's eyes fluttered open, then closed again. "Fuck off, Sam." She mumbled then fell asleep again.

Sam laid his forehead on her head and sniffed loudly. "Thank you, Sweetheart." He rocked her as he murmured. "I love you." He raised his eyes to Georgie. "Is she going to be okay?"

Georgie stepped back from the bed, exhaling loudly in relief. "God, she scared the shit outta me! Keep waking her up, don't let her go into a deep sleep. I've gone through this with Trish. The pills will wear off in a few hours."

"What did she take?" Sam's voice was muffled as he buried his face in her hair.

"She takes Valium." Georgie cocked his eyebrow at his brother. "You didn't know that?"

Sam looked down at Sarah's sleeping face, and felt a stab of guilt run through him. He wasn't even paying enough attention to notice if she was taking anything or not.

"No, I didn't know." He said as he touched her cheek with a finger, running it down a trail left from her tears.

Georgie saw the pain in Sam's face. He walked over to him and patted his back.

"You want to talk about it, little brother?"

Sam shook his head and Georgie nodded and said, "Give a yell if you need me."

Sam watched Sarah closely for an hour, waking her up every few minutes. She would open her eyes, look at him and tell him to fuck off, then nod back off. Finally he'd had enough of the fuck offs.

He picked her up, taking her into the bathroom, and laid her in the tub, then he turned the shower on and let it spray on Sarah. She sat up, spitting and sputtering as the water splashed up on her face.

"You, asshole! What are you doing?" She yelled.

"I'm keeping you awake, Sweetheart." Sam turned off the water. He sat on the toilet and, leaning over the tub, he threatened her. "I'm going to turn that water on every time you go back to sleep."

Sarah curled up on the bottom of the tub. "Fuck off, Sam."

Sam turned the water on again, smirking as she sprang up again when the cold spray hit her.

"Fuck off!" Sarah said, then she laid her head back on the wall, crossed her arms and sat glaring at him.

"I am getting so tired of hearing that!" Sam said.

"Then leave me alone. I am not going back to sleep." Even as she said the words, her eyes started to close.

Sam reached over and turned the water on.

"Wake up, Sarah!"

He laughed as she spit out the water and shook her head. He was getting a sadistic pleasure out of watching her. He finally turned the water off, and sat back again.

Sarah looked at him furiously. "Stop spraying me with water!"

"Nope." Sam's eyes gleamed mischievously. "Stay awake."

Sarah drew up her knees and rested her chin on them, mutinously glaring at him.

Sam chuckled. "Are you going to stay awake?"

"Yes, you asshole!"

"Okay, good." Sam sat back. "We have to talk, sweetheart. And I need you to stay awake. If I see you falling back to sleep, I'm going to turn on the water again. Do we have a deal?"

Sarah nodded in agreement.

Sam exhaled and knelt down by the tub, reaching for Sarah's hands, pulling on them, when she refused to unwrap them from around her knees.

"You're not going to make this easy on me, are you?" Sam muttered.

Sarah looked at him, curiously. "Make what easy?"

"I'm trying to propose to you, sweetheart!"

Sarah looked at him and laughed. "Marriage?" She snorted. "You want me to marry you?"

Sarah stood up in the tub. "I can't fucking believe you!"

"I'm sorry, Sarah. I'm sorry for everything I've put you through. I love you, Sweetheart. Marry me and I promise I will be the most faithful husband you've seen."

"What a crock of shit! Do you think being married is going to stop you from running around with Gisette?"

"Yes!" Sam shouted in frustration. "I know it will!"

Sam followed Sarah as she walked into the other room. He stopped short when he saw her duffle bag, packed and sitting by the door.

"You were going to leave tonight? While I was gone?" He panicked. "Sarah, no, listen to me!"

Sarah whirled around to face him, water flying from her soaked hair. "Why should I listen to you?"

"Because I fucking listened to you before!" Sam yelled. "And now it's my fucking turn!"

Sarah went back into the bathroom and came out with a towel. She started wrapping it around her hair, calmly saying, "Ok, then. Talk. I'm listening."

She settled in on foot of the bed, and wrapped her arms around her knees, watching as Sam paced the floor. Finally, he started talking.

"I know I hurt you. I know that I should have paid more attention to you....... Fuck, Sarah, if I could go back and start again, I would do everything differently."

He knelt in front of her and laid his forehead against her legs. "I'm sorry, Sweetheart. Please forgive me. Please don't leave me. I can't imagine my life without you."

"I can't take this anymore." Sarah whispered painfully. "You don't get to have us both. If you want Gisette, then I'll leave."

"No, I don't want Gisette. I want you." Sam's voice cracked and he drew in a ragged breath. "I want you, Sweetheart."

"Will you stay away from Gisette?"

Sam lifted his tear stained face to hers. "I will. To keep you here with me, I will do anything."

He saw her eyes close. "Sarah!"

Sarah said, softly. "Shh-h, I'm thinking."

"And?" Sam whispered, fearfully.

Sarah opened her eyes and shook her head. She ran her fingers over his face, tracing where his dimple would be if he was smiling. "I'm not leaving you, Sam. But you have to prove to me that you can stay away from Gisette."

Sam gave a sigh of relief, and moved to hug her, but she pulled away, slipping under the covers.

"We need to get some sleep."

Sam curled in next to her, holding her and stroking her hair as she drifted off. He lowered his head and listened carefully as she mumbled something.

"I can't hear you, Sweetheart." His fingers stroked over her cheek and he smiled as he saw her trying to speak as she fell asleep.

Sarah raised her sleepy voice. "No more of the fucking French. If you have to talk to her, speak English."

"I promise." He whispered, but she had already fallen asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 29 24
COMPLETE โœ”๏ธŽ "๐‘€๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก" All of a sudden when I turn to face him o...
105K 2.2K 20
If all it is, is 8 letters...why is it so hard to say? โ€ข "Who is this annoying girly girl person?" The boy screamed. "Who is this jackass of a strang...
13.4K 515 38
"So, let me get this straight," I looked at him weirdly, raising my hands slightly in exclamation. "You like me?!" I asked him in disbelief. "Like or...
6.4K 297 23
Just a week before she was supposed to get married 20 year old Summer's fiance calls off the wedding and leaves town with one of her best friends. Fe...