Hearts Of Glass #AdultFiction

By CathyAltier

WATTPAD FEATURED STORY It's the summer of 1976. Sarah has lived in the small lakeside town of Breezewood a... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 13

4K 142 8
By CathyAltier

Sarah woke with a start and looked at the clock. She had been asleep for two hours! She laid her head back on the pillow, feeling the effects of the pill. Her body felt relaxed, her nerves were calmer. Her anxiety over the fight with Sam had lessened.

She decided that a long hot bath sounded like a good idea, but when she swung her legs over the side, and stood up, she was surprised at the effort it took. She seemed to move in slow motion as she walked into the bathroom and ran the water.

Sinking down in the hot water was heavenly. She sighed and relaxed, letting the steamy water wrap around her, like a warm hug.

Sarah had been relaxing for awhile in the tub and the water had gotten cold. She wasn't ready to end her bath, she liked the floating sensation of being in the water. She was adding more hot water when she heard the door to their room open.

Sam called her name as he looked around the empty room. For a moment he panicked, thinking she had left him. Then he noticed the partially open bathroom door, seeing the steamed mirror inside. He walked inside and stood looking at Sarah.

She had her eyes closed, her head was laid back on the tub. Her hair floated around her, skimming over her breasts, the pink nipples poking through. The brown fluff of curls at the triangle of her thighs swayed as she shifted, straightening out her long legs, her pink toenails showed bright in the water.

His eyes focused on the toenails as he began to speak softly.

"You know, your feet were the first thing I saw the day we met." His voice was husky with emotion. "They looked so small and sexy. As I watched you walk by me, I saw all of you. I wanted you then," he looked at her face, at the amber eyes that were watching him now. "I didn't know how much you would mean to me, in such a short time. All I knew was that you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and I would be a fool to let you go."

He knelt by the tub, his fingertips grazing the tears that ran down her cheeks. "Sarah, I don't want to lose you. I know I've done some stupid things, but this is all new to me."

Sarah raised her hand and traced Sam's stubbled jaw, trailing her finger in the groove where his dimple appeared when he smiled.

She smiled, sadly, as he captured her hand and kissed the palm. "We have a story going on here, you and I. This isn't the end of it, yet. You won't lose me, Sam. I'm here."

Sam closed his eyes against the rush of emotion he felt. His voice was thick with tears. "I was so afraid, Sarah. I couldn't think of anything else today. I was afraid you wouldn't be here when I came back."

Sarah shifted in the tub, "Why don't you come in here with me? There are some things we have to talk about and this water feels so good, I don't want to get out."

Sam stripped down and slid in beside her, hissing as the hot water slipped around him. He settled in on his back, with Sarah in the crook of his arm, her head on his shoulder.

"Ok, let's talk." He laid his head back, ready to hear what she had to say.

"I'm staying, Sam. But there are some things that have to change."

Sam's fingers ran through her hair as he nodded in agreement.

"First of all," Sarah's hand played with the black hair on his chest, while she spoke. "There will be no more groupies. No talking to them, no contact with them."

She looked at him, staring into his eyes, fiercely. "I won't stay here and watch you fucking around on me."

"I wasn't fucking around on you. I told you that." Sam sounded exasperated.

"Then what was it? If you hadn't been too strung out to get it up, which is something else we have to talk about. But first, we have to agree on this."

Sarah raised up and looked at him, angrily. "That fucking girl had your dick in her hands, and her mouth! You were encouraging it, you had your hands in her hair, so I know you wanted it just as bad as she did. What the fuck were you thinking?"

"It was the drugs, Sarah. I never would have even looked at her if I hadn't been so fucked up."

Sam shifted uncomfortably. Memories of Cherry's mouth on him last night had been coming back, he knew he was guilty of what Sarah was saying.

"Did you even think of me? Did it even occur in that fucked up, drugged out mind of yours that I was in the next room?"

Sam shook his head, "I don't know what I thought at the time. I just know that it will never happen again."

Sarah felt her anger building, in spite of the pill she had taken. "No, it won't. Because next time I see you with a groupie, Sam, I will be gone."

"I promise, there won't be a next time." Sam said with conviction.

"Good. Now, secondly, you can never mix all those drugs again. That was dangerous, you could have overdosed. Please, Sam, don't do that again."   

 "I promise. Is there anything else you want to get off your chest?" Sam's hand played with her hair, straying close to her breasts.

 "I'm still mad at you, you know." Sarah felt her resolve weaken as his fingers teased over her nipple.

"Yeah?" Sam's hand trailed down her stomach, settling in the brown curly hair. He raised up slowly in the water and kneeled down between her legs, resting her feet on his shoulders. He kissed the tender skin around her ankle, then moved upwards, leaving a trail of soft kisses up her calf, his tongue swirled in the soft underside of her knee. 

Sarah laid her head back, her hands clutching at his black silky hair. Her anger was nothing but a wisp of smoke, drifting away, as she gave in to the fire that Sam had ignited in her.

***

At dinner that night, Sarah noticed that Gisette sat at the end of the table, away from her and Sam. Trish slid into the seat beside her, whispering in her ear. "Is everything alright between you two?"

Sarah nodded and whispered back, "We're good."

She felt Sam's hand squeeze hers as he talked to Leon, on the other side of him. She lowered her voice even more, leaning into Trish. "I took that pill you gave me. It helped a lot."

Trish laughed, "Valium does the trick every time. I have more if you want them."

Trish shifted her eyes to Gisette. "She's watching us. God, I'd love to scratch her eyes out."

"Trish!" Sarah laughed, "What has she done to you?"

"Georgie told me that practice today was pure hell. She's picking at Sam constantly. She got pissed because he left to take a leak. And she keeps bugging him, wanting to see the songs that he wrote."

"What songs did Sam write?" Sarah hadn't heard about today. But then, Sam never really talked with her about their practice sessions.

Trish's eyes opened wide with surprise. "You've never seen the songs he wrote about you?"

She looked over Sarah's shoulder and raised her voice, enough to catch Sam's attention.

"Sam, why haven't you shown Sarah the songs you wrote?"

Sam looked at Trish, then at Sarah. He felt the flush rise in his face. "No, I guess I haven't." He said softly to Sarah. "I wrote them when we first met."

"Can I see them?" Sarah asked. She didn't understand why he hadn't shown them to her before.

 "I'll show you later tonight, ok?" He leaned in and kissed her cheek.

***

After the show, they all gathered in Georgie's room, as they had done every night. Sarah sat in Sam's lap, in the chair that was placed back in a corner.

Sam was keeping his promises to Sarah.  He avoided the groupies and only smoked the joints that came around to them.

There were only a few groupies in the room, brought back by Tex, Leon and Barry. They were occupying one bed in the room, and Georgie and Trish sat on the other, near enough that she and Sarah could talk.

Sarah looked around the room at the other people, all connected with the band, some way or another. She was looking for Gisette, but was satisfied that she wasn't there.

 "If you're looking for you know who, she isn't coming tonight." Trish spoke so only Sarah could hear. Georgie and Sam were in a serious conversation of their own. "She's on a long distance call to her daddy. No doubt crying about how she is being mistreated."

"Well, then maybe he will find someone else to do the job." Sarah retorted.

"Oh no, she doesn't plan on being replaced by anyone, and especially a man."

Trish's face screwed up in disgust as she told Sarah. "There's an article in some magazine, coming out soon, about women who do the same jobs as men. She's one of the featured women in it."

"Well," Sarah shrugged, "Look on the bright side of it. It will be good publicity for the band."

She felt Sam's hand pick up her braid and absently play with it, while he talked with Georgie.

"Hey, I wanted to see if you wanted to go shopping Saturday during practice. We'll be in Chicago!" Trish asked her, excitedly. "Just think of all the stores we can go to."

Sam looked over at Trish and laughed, as he picked up on what she had said. "There goes my credit card!"

"Not true," Sarah pouted, playfully. "I didn't spend that much last time. And besides," She smiled at him sweetly, "You didn't complain when you saw what I bought."

"Ah Sam! Did you like those black lace panties that she bought?" Trish laughed, "Georgie liked what I got too, didn't you, sweetie?"

Trish leaned over to kiss Georgie and giggled as he pushed her down on the bed.

Sam put his lips close to Sarah's ear, his lips tickled as he whispered. "Buy a bikini."

"What? Why do I need a bikini?" Sarah leaned in, distracted by the way he was nuzzling her neck.

"For our little get away. I haven't forgotten about it. Did you?" He kissed her on the lips, and she got lost as their tongues connected.

"Alright! Everyone out!" Georgie called out, laughing. "I'm gonna get laid and I don't want an audience."

Sarah couldn't see Trish; Georgie had her completely hidden under him, but she heard the little giggles. She took Sam's hand, standing up as she said her goodnights to everyone

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9M 636K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
1.7M 51.1K 37
She thought she lost herself in love, but in fact she was found. Copyright © 2016 by moonpilots. All rights reserved. {featured on the official wat...
15.6K 1.2K 47
Colliding with a famous rock band vocalist was an accident, but dating him was a choice. Samantha Morris felt at a crossroads after graduating from...
1.4K 39 37
One night labels Summer a cheater. Summer's whole life changes after one-night shatters everything she holds important. She suddenly finds herself tr...