Single Dad "Starting Over"(Hu...

By fanforfanfic

What happens when a 27 year old Country music sensation is forced to "Start Over" as a single dad? Will he be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109

Chapter 96

224 18 13
By fanforfanfic

Liddy's POV

I awake to find Harper laying on one side of me and Hunter on the other. He has his arm wrapped protectively over both of us. I can't help but smile. This is where I belong. How did I ever think I could leave them? I love these to people more than anything else in this world.

I reach over and stroke Harper's cheek and forehead. She feels cooler which is a good sign but I'm still extremely worried about her. She's still lethargic and winces whenever we touch her head or knees.

"Good morning, beautiful." Hunter whispers in my ear. "How's she doing?"

"Morning to you, too." I smile. "She's doing okay for the moment. Her temperature appears to have gone down, but I don't think she's getting better. What about you?"

"I agree. If it was the flu like Dr. Sanders thought we should be seeing some sort of improvement, but we're not. That's why I've decided to call Dr. Fields, Andy and Melissa's pediatrician and get a second opinion."

I sigh with relief. "Thank you. I'm really worried about her. When are you going to call?"

He looks at the time. "The office isn't open yet. I'll call right after I take a shower."

"Okay, I'll get Harper up, make you some coffee and see if I can get her to at least drink something. Then if you don't mind could you watch her while I get ready?"

"I could do that. But it'll cost you." He smirks.

"Oh, it will?"

"Uh huh." He says as he kisses the delicate spot below my right ear."

"What exactly do you want in return?" I giggle.

He leans over and whispers in my ear while gently running his fingers along by bare arm, causing goosebumps to form. I blush as soon as he finishes telling me his thoughts. "Uhmmmmm, I can do that. Later tonight, maybe?"

"Deal!" He then smiles that smiles that makes my heart skip a beat. "Can't wait for tonight."

I blush. "Okay, well then ah uhm why don't you hit the shower and meet me down in the kitchen when you're ready."

He leans over me and kisses Harper on the tip of her nose then brushes a brief kiss on my lips. "See you in bit. Don't forget to start...."

"Your coffee? I won't."

__________________

Hunter's POV

I can't believe my luck Dr. Fields had a cancellation so we can bring Harper in today! I call Dan and explain that Harper isn't getting any better and that I need to bring her in for a second opinion. He understands and asks that I call and tell him what we learn.

"Hey, babe." I say as I walk into the kitchen to find Harper sitting in her booster seat picking at some cheerios that are in front of her while Liddy is making me a cup of coffee.

"Here you go." She says as she hands me my morning dose of liquid caffeine. "What's up?"

"Thanks." I kiss her on her lips. "I was able to get Harper an appointment later this morning at 11:30 with Dr. Fields."

"That's awesome!" Will you be going into the studio then meeting Harper and I there. Or do you want Renee to take her, instead?"

I can't believe she needs to even ask me that? I walk over and pull her into my arms. "That's a silly question. I want you to go with me. I ALWAYS want you to be with me. Do you understand?"

She nods her head. "Promise me, no more doubts."

"I don't doubt that you love me. I just kind of feel awkward. Harper is Renee's daughter. I don't want to impose."

"You aren't imposing. Trust me. Harper will want you to be there with her. She always wants to be with you, especially when she's sick, but I'll ask her just to be sure... Hey punkin, you need to go back to the doctors today because you aren't feeling any better. Do you want your mom or Liddy to come with us?"

"Lids."

I look over and Liddy has tears in her eyes. "See I told you. She loves you so much. Almost as much as me."

She giggles. "I know she does. It just surprises me sometimes."

"You are such a good mother to her. You rub her back, rock her to sleep and sing to her. Renee doesn't do a lot of that stuff. She has gotten better but honestly, she can't hold a candle to you. You make Harper feel safe and loved."

"Thank you for saying that." She says as she hugs me.

"I'll keep saying it until you finally believe it."

She smiles and kisses my lips. "Well, per our bargain." She winks "It's my turn to shower while you watch her. Then when I'm done I'm going to attempt to give her a bath."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about our agreement. Thanks for reminding me." I smirk. "You go get ready. We'll be fine. I'll try to get her to eat and drink some more."

"Okay."

"Oh and I won't be going to the studio today, so it looks like you're stuck with me."

"I think I handle that." She laughs as she runs up the stairs.

___________

Liddy's POV

"Here we go sweetie. Time to take a bath."

Harper nods her head, but I can tell that she's nervous or scare or something. She definitely isn't excited like she normally is. As I remove her clothes she whimpers. It breaks my heart to know she's in pain. When I lift her into the tub and start to wash her body I notice that her knees are swollen and there appears to be a rash, on her lower back.

I call Hunter into the room then start asking Harper some questions. "Baby girl, does your back itch?"

"No?"

"Did it use to itch and then stop?"

"No."

"Does anything hurt besides your knees?" She shakes her head, yes and points to her feet. "Do they hurt when you walk?"

"Yes."

"What about when you aren't walking?"

"Till hurt."

"When did your feet start hurting? Do you remember?"

"No."

I'm getting more concerned with every question I ask. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself. I don't want Harper to know I'm worried. "What about your hands or neck? Do they hurt?"

"Uh huh"

"Which ones?"

"Boff."

Where to heck is Hunter? I call his name again and I finally hear his footsteps on the staircase.

"What's up, Babe?"

"Ah, um would you mind looking at Harper's back for me? Tell me if you see something?"

I can tell by the look on his face he knows I'm concerned. It's evident in my voice even though I'm trying to hide it.

"Sure." He then examines her back and points to the same area I saw. "It looks like a rash to me."

"That's what I thought to." I say before pouring some water over Harper's head, so I can wash her hair. 

She complains as soon as I do it. "It  hhh hurts."

"What does?" Hunter asks.

"My head!"

"I'm so sorry sweetie." I kiss her cheek. "But you REALLY need your hair washed. Can you be brave for a few minutes? I promise to be extra careful."

She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "Kay."

I quickly apply the shampoo and bring it to a lather being as gentle as I can. Hunter tries to distract her by singing her favorite song, Hearts and Rockets. It does help. She loves to listen to him sing. But even as hard as I tried to not hurt her I did. By the time I rinse her hair we are both crying.

I wipe away my tears. "All done, baby girl. You were so brave. I'm so proud of you." I glance at Hunter. I can see how upset he is. "You can towel her off. Just go slow and use a SOFT TOUCH."

He nods his head before wrapping a big puffy towel around his daughter. "Let's get you dried off and into some clean clothes, okay?"

"Hotay." She sniffles.

Once she is dry he picks her up and places her on the floor. I hand him a loose fitting mint green cotton dress that he easily slips over her tiny little body. He points to her swollen knees as he helps her put on her pink panties. I nod but neither of us mentions the condition of her knees, in front of Harper.

"Thanks for your help." I whisper, clearly still upset. "I'm so glad you were here. She's going to hate me now, for washing her hair."

He pulls me into a side hug. "She won't hate you."

"She should."

"She won't trust me."

I look at the time, we still have over an hour before we need to leave for the pediatrician's office. "What would you like to do Harp's? Play with your doll house? Walk Cole? Or watch a movie?"

"Movie, peez."

"A movie it is." Hunter cheers.

I stop him from picking her up. "Let her walk. She told me her feet hurt. We need to know if it's causing her to limp."

His eyes get huge. I know what he's thinking. How could she have gotten so much worse over the last few days?

_______________________

14.4 reads!!! This is so awesome.

Thank you for reading Huddy's story and for voting and COMMENTING. I truly appreciate it.

So now Harper is showing more symptoms. What do you think she has? Feel free to share what you think in comment section or DM me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 18.2K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
112K 5.5K 15
What happens when a 39 year old man falls head over heels for a 26 year old girl who is a complete opposite to him? A man who doesn't know defeat...
231 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
141K 3.6K 22
What happens when you take the city girl and move her to the country? That's currently the situation that Elizabeth or Liz for short is facing. Her d...