The Lost Potter

Da read_write_thrive

(Sorry about the working title, brainstorming left me empty handed) Sybil never finished the prophecy. While... Altro

The Complication
The First Year.
Orphaned.
Lessons.
Ready For School?
The Encounter
Diagon Alley
The First Night at Hogwarts
The First Day
Wide Awake Part 1
Wide Awake Part 2
Wide Awake Part 3
Bruises and Scars
A New Schedule
Happy Holidays
Home Sweet Home
The New Home
Training AND Bonding!
Continuing the Plan
Breaking the News
Unfinished Business
Come On!
A Visit from the Candyman
Finally
Back Into Civilisation
Home Sweet Home
Hello, Again.
Recap
Animal Friends
The Girl in the Low Shack
The Tell-All
The First Attack
Trapped
The Second Visit to Hogwarts
Hello, again. Again.
New and Old Friends
When Plans Fall Through
Walking The Dog
Merry Christmas Potters Part 1
Merry Christmas Potters Part Two
Somewhow Even Worse
No Clue
So Complicated
Priorities
Discovery
Momentum
The Big Reveal
Explanations
Enter Snivellus
We're going to be in so much trouble
The Rat be a Rat
The Reveal
The Old Foes
Is This the End?
Author's Note/ SEQUEL

The Hogwarts Express

11.7K 246 119
Da read_write_thrive

The Hogwarts Express

September 1st, 1991

"Olivia, come on! We don't want to be late!" Mrs. Malfoy called as she rapped on Olivia's door, "And don't forget your trunk!"

Olivia sighed as she slipped on her other sock. She'd packed her trunk full of her supplies and personal belongings the night before, now thankful she had. Putting her shoes on, she grabbed her trunk and met the Malfoy family at the fireplace in the foyer. She kept her eyes down and quietly thanked Draco as he politely grabbed her trunk for her.

"Platform 9 3/4," Narcissa called first, stepping into the green flames. Next was Draco, with Olivia to follow, but Lucius stopped her for a second and kneeled down in front of her.

"Now, Olivia Merope Gaunt , you listen to me. You tell anyone about your punishments and I will make sure that what happened two days ago will feel like a pinch compared to what I will do to you. Do I make myself clear?" Mr. Malfoy threatened. Olivia refused to make eye contact and tried to just nod, but he slapped her across the face for it.

"Yes sir," She replied, locking eyes with the cruel man. His were menacing while her young eyes were welling up with tears, both from the pain of the shock and from the mental scars that seemed to throb. He nodded and let her pass through the fireplace, meeting Draco and Narcissa on the other side.

The family plus Olivia walked out on to the platform, saying their goodbyes like the other families who arrived early at 10:15. Olivia got no goodbye from Lucius, but got a quick half-hug from Narcissa. Draco, however, got a full on speech and hug from his father and a hug and a teary kiss from his mother. The two children found a car easily and packed their trunks and their new pets in.

"What did he say to you?" Draco asked softly as they sat down across from each other. Olivia sniffled but looked up at him surprised.

"Why are you asking? You've never wanted to know about my punishments before," Olivia asked quietly, genuinely curious.

"Just tell me," Draco pushed. He usually pushed Olivia's beatings out of his mind, trying to convince himself that his father was a good man. But right now, he just wanted to hear the truth. The whole time his father lectured him on getting good grades, his father was staring at Olivia's beautiful green eyes with loathing. And Draco hated it.

"He-he just threatened me. He said to never tell anyone about my... punishments or he'd scar me even more," Olivia said as tears started to stream down her face, "Why am I cursed to this hell?"

Draco scooted into the seat next to her and hugged her with one arm. She crossed her arms as she quietly sobbed, with Draco awkwardly sitting next to her. It took her a while to calm down, and when she did she smiled at Draco thankfully, giving him a full-on hug. She was glad to finally have someone to talk to. And Draco was finally glad to have his sister trust him again.

~

Harry had just been dropped off at King's Cross Station when he felt the familiar pull. As he pushed his cart forward, he opened his mind to try and find the curious Olivia.

Olivia? Are you there? He asked out, a bit hesitant. While he was doing so, he found that there was no platform 9 3/4, turning around awkwardly as he tried to find it.

Harry! Hi! Where are you? We've got room in our compartment. Olivia called out in her mind. She'd jumped when she'd heard Harry's voice and now Draco was staring at her strangley.

"Sorry, Harry messages me and I wasn't expecting it," She apologised. Draco, however, starting fangirling once again.

"He's here? Where is he?" Draco asked and Olivia shushed him, waiting for another message:

I'm not on platform 9 3/4, if that's what you mean. Do you know how to even get there? Harry asked, feeling frustrated.

Oh, you just have to run through the column in between them. It's magical. Olivia responded. Draco waited for her to say something but she shushed him again.

Harry sighed and hoped she wasn't pranking him. Bracing himself, he ran through the wall, and found himself exactly where he needed to be. He sighed in relief. Thank you so much. Now what compartment are you in? Harry grabbed his stuff from the trolley and boarded the train.

Olivia didn't even have to respond because when she looked to the door she found Harry already standing at it, looking down the hall. She giggled and opened the door, letting Harry in. He smiled at her when he finally recognised the face he'd seen from his bedroom window.

"Well, Olivia Gaunt, it's great to actually meet you in person," Harry said, shaking her hand as he put his stuff down.

"Same to you, Harry Potter. This is Draco Malfoy, I live with his family," Olivia tried to explain, knowing that saying she was someone's ward tends to sound suspicious.

"Pleasure," Draco stood and shook the famous boy's hand, trying his hardest not to freak out.

Is his father the one who would punish you? Harry tried to ask subtlety. Olivia nodded in response.

"Okay this telepathic communication is going to take getting used to," Draco commented. The trolley lady stopped by, and being the giddy eleven-year-olds they were they bought as much candy as they could. They snacked on the treats, Harry staring in true wonder at the moving pictures and the chocolate frog.

"So, Harry, what house are you hoping to get in? I want to get into Slytherin, like my family before me," Draco half-bragged.

"What are houses, exactly?" Harry asked.

"They're these big groups the students are sorted into. Slytherins are cunning, Hufflepuffs don't really do anything, Gryffindors are brave but really are a bunch of bullies, and Ravenclaws are really smart but kind of snobbish," Olivia explained what they'd been taught. She was fine with getting into any house, but Slytherin would mean staying close to Draco.

"Oh. How are the students sorted?" Harry asked, but a girl knocked at their door.

"Excuse me, but have you seen a toad around?" She asked. They each shook their head no.

"Why? And who are you, if you don't mind me asking?" Olivia questioned, inviting the fellow bushy-haired girl to chat with them.

"I'm Hermione Jean Granger, and I'm trying to find my friend Neville's toad, he's already lost it," She sighed, "And you all?"

"I'm Draco Lucius Malfoy," Draco introduced, staying sitting as he gave an impromptu handshake.

"I'm Olivia Merope Gaunt, if we're giving our full names now," She laughed, feeling happy for once.

"And I'm Harry James Potter," Harry tried to laugh along, even though his name was no where near as weird as the others'.

"Well it's nice to meet you all, but there's still a toad on the loose," Hermione smiled as she exited.

"We probably need to be getting our uniforms on," Olivia commented as she checked the time. She grabbed her stuff and went to the restroom in the back of the train to change. When she returned, both the boys had changed and were sat back down.

"So she seemed nice," Harry commented.

"So where were we? The sorting hat?" Olivia questioned, rubbing her hands along her uniform.

"What in the world is a sorting hat?" Harry laughed, getting chuckles from the other two. Draco, glad to finally be able to show off his knowledge, jumped on to explaining.

"Well, as you would know if you were raised by a decent wizard family, the sorting hat is a magical hat that can read your mind. It sees what house you fit into," Draco elaborated. Olivia stared at him oddly from the first comment, but Harry brushed it off.

"Have you guys heard of me?" Harry asked after a few minutes of silence. The other two looked at him as if he were stupid.

"Um yeah," Olivia said before Draco cut in.

"You're Harry Potter! The boy who lived! You were the son of the pureblood James Potter and the horrid mudblood Lily Potter who managed to survive what they didn't! I'm pretty sure the whole wizard world knows who are you, especially with your," Draco pointed to his forehead, so Harry sighed and lifted his hair, showing off his scar.

What's a mudblood? Harry asked mentally. His face was furrowed, because he knew it couldn't be a good thing from the way Draco said it. But why would Draco call his mother something offensive?

Its someone born from two filthy muggles who somehow has magic. Olivia recited the lines she'd practically seared into her head. It wasn't until she'd said it that she realised how offensive it must have sounded. Oh Harry it's-

"What did you call her?" Harry said, an angry look on his young face. Draco looked at him confused.

"Your mother? A horrid mudblood. All mudblood are horrid, it's not just her-" Draco tried to brush it off, but Harry was not backing down.

"Why does it matter who her parents were? She was a great woman," Harry had tears well up in his eyes, and he tried to hurriedly wipe them away.

"It always matter who your parents are," Draco looked at Harry as if he were stupid, but Olivia shut him up with a glare.

Harry are you okay? She asked as Draco shrugged at her.

Sorry I told myself I wouldn't get emotional anymore over it, Harry started, but was cut off by the train coming to a stop. The three grabbed their stuff and left the compartment in silence. As they got off, Olivia spoke one last time before Harry split from the group.

Hey I'll talk to him about it, okay? Sorry about this. Olivia tried, but Harry shook his head at her. She sighed, glad he wasn't mad at her too. She watched him meet Hermione and the ginger boy he was with, smiling as the two shook hands. Then she turned around to walk with Draco to the boats, giving him a right smack on the back of the head. If this was how he was going to make friends, he was going to have a bad time.

~~

Running low on inspiration, guys, idk what to do.

Hope you enjoyed!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

444K 15.3K 155
"𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒶𝓁𝓁" ... Maisey Howell knew nothing of her prophecy or long lost br...
242K 5.5K 30
BOOK ONE. Olivia Potter didn't know the Wizarding world existed until her fourth year. She didn't know that she had a twin brother. She was left alon...
838K 25.3K 99
*This story has a messy plot and unedited writing.* "𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 �...
459K 9.7K 31
Abandoned by his parents in favour of his twin at the behest of Dumbledore, Harry Potter grows up tortured and tormented by his relatives. And yet Ha...