Faking A Billionaire

By lifestoriess

Everyone would love to be a billionaire, but why go through all that hard work when you can fake it? *Complet... More

Faking a Billionaire
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 13

1.9K 113 1
By lifestoriess

Taren's P.O.V

"You can't stay cooped up in here for the rest of the summer." Orlando nudged me as I smushed my face into my pillow.

"Why not?" I asked, flipping over so he could hear me clearly.

"It's not healthy," He replied and patted my arm. He gave me a concerned look before continuing. "Did something happen at the party?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I whimpered and flipped back over to stuff my face in my pillow. "I just want to stay in here forever."

"Come one," Orlando said enthusiastically and the bed perked up when he stood. "We need to get your mind off of whatever is making you sad. Let's go grab some lunch in downtown LA."

"If I go," I began and sat up, pushing my covers off my body. "Will you let me sulk in my room in peace after?"

"Sure," Orlando shrugged and headed for the door, grabbing the knob. "We're leaving in 10."

"Great."

Carly's P.O.V

"What the hell is this?" I angrily stated and slammed my fork down on the table.

"Pancakes?" The waiter answered with a shaky tone.

"You should know that I don't eat carbs," I shouted and shoved the plate back into his hands.

"You've ordered pancakes every morning since you got back." He explained and stumbled awkwardly on his feet.

"People change," I replied and picked up my phone, typing in my password. "I want a vegetarian, carb-free meal."

"Yes, Miss." He bowed and scurried off to the kitchen.

I began going through my texts from various people when I came across Orlando's name. We had exchanged numbers and texted each other whenever I locked myself in Taren's room. I hated to admit it but I missed him. We only knew each other for a few weeks but we grew close over that short span of time. I decided to give him a call to see how everything is going. He picked up almost immediately.

"What do you want?" He answered with a sigh.

"Someone's grumpy today," I replied with a sarcastic tone and chuckled. "I wanted to check in on you because I kind of, not really, miss you"

"Wow, you're so sweet." Orlando snapped.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked with a disgusted expression.

"Taren's been acting weird ever since the switch. Did you know what happened?" He questioned.

"I haven't spoken to Taren since that night and I wouldn't waste my time on her." I smugly replied and checked my nail polish.

"Why are you so mean?" Orlando shouted from the other end. "You always have to bring everybody done. Would it kill you to be nice for a change?"

"I called to see how you were doing and this is how you treat me?" I hollered back at him. "I don't need this. How about you lose my number?"

I ended the call before he could respond and tossed my phone to the side. The waiter arrived back with a new meal but I stormed into my room. This is unbelievable. Why did I even miss Orlando in the first place?

"Carly!" A loud whispered voice shouted. I looked up and scanned my room but saw nobody. "Are you up there?"

"Hello?" I called out and a rock flew into my room from the window. Not this kid again.

"I just want to talk to you about last night." He shouted again as I stood up and stomped over to the window.

"You're a stalker, you know that?" I insulted.

"Can we talk?" He asked with furred eyebrows.

"I have nothing to say to you." I snottily replied and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Don't act like what we had was nothing," Jase desperately demanded with a frown. "I know you started to like me."

"That wasn't really me-" I began but stopped myself. Jase gave me a confused look before I continued. "I wasn't thinking straight. It's called jet-lag."

"You had jet-lag for almost a month?" He smugly responded and crossed his arms prominently.

"I can't explain it but I wasn't in the right head space," I dismissively said before rolling my eyes. "Go home and leave me alone, neighbor."

"I'm not leaving until you tell me the truth." He stated while tapping a foot.

"I just did tell you the truth. You better get off my property before I call the police," I snapped and turned back to my room. Jase called my name a few times before silence followed. I sighed with relief until a shoe flew through my open window. This kid's messing with the wrong Carly. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You're lying to me and I know it. I'll stay here all night if I have to until you give me answers." Jase explained while wagging a finger up at me.

"It wasn't me who you were hanging out with these past few weeks, idiot! It was someone that looked like me." I replied with an aggravated tone.

"What?" He shouted, shaking his head vigorously.

Dammit.

Taren's P.O.V

"Planet Hollywood is the best you could do?" I chuckled and flipped through the lunch menu.

"It's a classic," Orlando stated and tossed his menu to the side. "Are you feeling any better?"

"No, but thank you for getting me out of the house," I answered and smiled in his direction.

"What exactly happened at that party?" He pestered."

"Orlando." I sighed.

"I know you probably don't want to talk about it but maybe I can help." He offered and outstretched his hand to rest on mine.

"Unless you know anything about relationships with boys, I don't think you'll be of much service," I explained and returned to scanning over the menu.

"I can beat up boys for you," Orlando playfully answered but I didn't laugh. His smile dwindled to a shy frown. "You met a boy in Beverly Hills, didn't you?"

My frown grew into a shy smile as I closed the menu and rested my head on my hand. Imagining Jase and his adorable laugh made me happy but sad at the same time. I would never see him again. "His name's Jase..."

Carly's P.O.V

"Wait, start over," Jase said for the fifth time. I had invited him inside to sort out everything involving Taren.

"We got into the wrong cars at the airport, she ended up here and you were hanging out with her the whole time." I dimly explained with exaggerated hand movements.

"And you guys switched back during the party?" He asked and I nodded, throwing him an obvious look. "Where is she now?"

"Somewhere on the outskirts of trashy Santa Monica." I shrugged and leaned back in my chair.

"I have to find her," Jase stated and instantly stood up from his seat. "Can you take me to her?"

"It's no use," I sighed and pulled myself to my feet. "She's leaving in a few weeks anyway."

"Why?"

"She's only visiting California for the summer," I explained while strutting out of the living room with Jase following close behind. "Now that you're brought up to speed, you can leave now."

"I can't just let her go and ask myself what if?" Jase shouted as I grabbed the handle to the front door. He shut the door before I could fully open it.

"I don't know how to help you here, Jase," I admitted while running a hand through my hair.

"I really like her, Carly," Jase said and his expression shocked me. He looked heartbroken. "Take me to her."

A warm feeling started growing in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what it was. Sympathy? Lose? Love? My mind went straight to Orlando. I missed him a lot. Was the way Jase felt about Taren the same way I felt about Orlando?

I have to be losing my mind.

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting!

xoxo, Leah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637 96 17
She has a lot of why's. A plane ticket will answer it all. 500k will help her. She just needs to pretend for a few days and she'll get answers, but w...
304 6 27
Living the high end rich life with designer clothing, homes, yachts and other fun stuff sounds like the dream. Right? Especially with your dad being...
68.1K 1.6K 20
After two years of smooth sailing at your dream job in the big city, a disastrous morning at your favourite coffee shop changes the course you had so...
11M 361K 53
[The Mr Series #1] ❝oh, you silly girl. didn't they ever tell you?... rich boys don't have hearts.❞ Don't speak to them. Don't go near them. Don't...