PROWESS. (COMPLETED)

By MaryEden08

Prowess (ˈpraʊɪs) 1. Outstanding or superior skill or ability. 2. Bravery or fearlessness, esp in battle. Th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
PLEASE READ - Author's Note
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Author's Note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
READERS - HELP PLEASE
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Epilogue
Author's Note - What Happens Next

Chapter 4

33.1K 1K 54
By MaryEden08

Anastasia’s POV

Every part of my body tingled with his touch, he had become the only reason I was still standing; he kept me strong on the outside while melting me on the inside. Our dance had now ended and he was leading me over to meet his parents, the King and Queen! I would have been nervous since I was supposed to have introduced myself anyway (me being Prowess and leader of my pack) but with my mate leading me by the hand and waist, I could think of nothing except his touch. We had just reached them when the only thing that could claim my attention interrupted. My pack.

Prowess! Wherever you are we need you outside the palace now; we’ve got a threat approaching! Awaiting your orders ma’am. Came Rick’s urgent thoughts. He was using the emergency mind communication loud and clear. Rick’s warning alerts my wolf and now I felt the danger.

“Wait!" I spoke sharply, gripping my mate’s hand tightly; his wolf reacted instantly and I was pulled into a protective embrace.

I’m on my way! Take the perimeter in twos, leave your mates inside and alert the nearest Alphas. I’ll go round back and take care of protecting all the mates and the Royals. Now go! My Prowess ordered back.

“What’s wrong?” my mate asked concerned. I heard the protectiveness in his voice, his wolf growling at the thought of me being in danger.

“Forgive my bluntness and lack of introductions your Majesties, there is no time. A threat is approaching and I must make sure you are all safe, please tell me where your safe room is located?” I asked the King and Queen. Shock and confusion covered their features; the Queen recovered quickly enough to be the first to reply.

“Of course but please tell us first, my dear, the threat you speak of?” she replied somehow managing to keep her tone gentle, I noticed the King and the Prince’s brother tighten their hold on their mates as Kellen had done.

“Mother I can sense the threat too, we must make everybody safe!” Even with a cautious tone, my mates voice sounded appealing.

“Please! There is no time. We must make an alert,” I pleaded. “Send the ladies to the safe room and the Alphas with their packs to the perimeter.”

“Of course my dear” the Queen replied, turning to face the audience fully, she spoke louder and with some authority. “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just been made aware that a threat may be approaching-” growls filled the room “-Ladies please follow me up to the safe room.”

“Alphas give your orders to your packs and make your way to the perimeter,” spoke the King his voice dripping with command. At this all chaos broke loose; the ladies headed to the stairs, mates kissed each other and packs headed to the doors.

“Royal guards, escort the ladies to the safe room and guard it with your life!” My mate growled loudly, though to me- had I not been so desperate to get to my pack- it was a turn on. Giving his gaze back to me, he spoke softly.

“I’ve just found you; I’m not going to leave you. Especially when a threat is on its way,” he said with contrast firmness.

“Don’t. Your responsibility is to your people and right now the packs. Now go and don’t even think about arguing with me.” I tried my best not to make it an order; he smiled at my strict tone.

“You sound sexy talking like that, however you’re right,” he sighed. Instead of replying, I got on my tiptoes, pulled his head towards me and kissed him with every passionate emotion running through me, which he wasn’t slow on returning.

At that moment I knew I couldn’t tell him who I was; the oncoming threat, I felt sure, had the intention of bringing down the Royals and my identity would put both him and myself in danger. This realization only made me deepen the already too deep kiss we were sharing. To make sure he would know I wasn’t leaving him forever, I slipped my bracelet into his pocket, then pulled back.

“Now go,” I said breathlessly, pushing him in the direction of the doors but before he could protest, the King put a hand on his shoulder.

“Kellen, your mate is right; you need to protect her and our people. Lets go,” He ordered. With one last look and a smile at me, Kellen left with his father. Ignoring the heartache his parting caused me; I ran to the bathroom and changed out of my dress into my werewolf compatible clothes, throwing my bag out of the open window once I was done. Phasing into my wolf, I concentrated on the position of my pack.

Update now! I ordered tapping into the pack’s mental communication.

We’re being attacked from all sides by about 120 rogues. The Alphas and their packs have joined us now, along with the Royals. We’re evenly matched and we have the upper hand, thought back my beta.

Good keep it steady, with that I pulled out and ran to the safe room, pushing my four legs to go faster. The royal guards in their wolf forms snarled when they saw me; letting out a menacing yet commanding snarl in return, I bowed letting them know I wasn’t a threat but a leader of protectors. Before receiving their answer, I saw a rogue coming from the side corridor which the guards hadn’t noticed yet; springing on my back paws, I leapt towards it snarling, my teeth cutting into its neck.

That wasn’t the only one; five new rogues soon out numbered us. However, the guards trained fighting skills and my ruthless, natural ones easily matched the five untrained rogues and it didn’t take long until they had all been dealt with. The guards were now the ones bowing to me, having felt my authority and given I was a female wolf they had put them together, establishing I was in fact the Prowess.

Status outside? I asked of my beta through thought again.

Got them all; the royal guards are taking over now. Some of the pups are injured but apart from that everyone’s good and we’re awaiting your orders ma’am, came Rick’s reply but I could tell he wanted to know if his mate was safe; this thought I could tell was backed by the pining thoughts from other members of my pack.

Very good, we had rogues in here too but they were dealt with. They didn’t get any where near your mates. Rick, Samson, Nate and Mick, you’re to come here and take over my position. I’ll be waiting for you to give your orders. Jackson, Mine, Brandon and Vince you’re to wait for me by the gates with the pups, is that understood? I put the full weight of authority into my command.

Yes Prowess! came the replies of my whole pack.

Good. Go! I could see through their eyes that they didn’t need any prompting and obeyed loyally. Turning back to the guards, I tapped into the general communication wave.

Some of my pack members are on their way here, they are no threat, I told them and in reply they bowed again. It wasn’t before two minutes that I was joined and they took my flack bowing to the guards. They will wait with you and protect the mates until they are safely released; when that happens they shall escort the mates of my pack home. I commanded making sure that my pack as well as the guards knew this.

Understood Prowess, the guards answered in sync.

You got that boys? I asked tuning my orders on Rick, Samson, Nate and Mick.

Yes Ma’am, they replied and bowed.

I’ll have a carriage waiting for you, the mates are to go in the carriage; Samson you’ll sit with the driver, Rick you, Nate and Mick will run wolf with the carriage, understood? I commanded.

Yes Prowess, they chorused together.

“What’s your intention ma’am?” asked Rick.

I’m taking the rest of the pack back to the house, get them cleaned up and then I have other business to attend to, which requires my full attention. Take care of everything here please? If you need anything else you know where I’ll be. Treat yourselves to a party when you get home boys, you and everyone else. You’ve done good work today and deserve it. I thought.

You got it, thanks Prowess. We’ll see you back at the house, replied Rick and I felt his loyalty and gratitude backed by the thoughts of Samson, Mick and Nate.

A pine for my mate arose in my heart. My beautiful Prince couldn’t be allowed to see me for a while nor could I see him; if the rogue attack was to see if the Prince had found his mate yet, to find his weak point then my showing up had put my pack and myself in danger and this made my mate vulnerable; a risk I wasn’t willing to take. If the rogues found out who I was then they would plan to find me and kill me in order to make the Prince come after me before killing him too. With the Prince dead they could then slowly take out the rest of the Royal family. I couldn’t let that happen.

After giving out my orders and with last bows from my pack, I left them and pushed my wolf faster down the corridor to the exit. Once outside, I grabbed my bag in my teeth and sprinted to the gates where the rest of my pack waited. I had been very careful to avoid being seen by the Royals who I had passed, in the distance talking to the different packs in human form. Upon reaching my pack, they all stood to attention.

Prowess, they greeted me and bowed.

Good work boys, now are you all in a good position to run home? I inquired, when I received the replies that they were and some only had minor injuries that were beginning to heal already, we started the run home. Blocking my thoughts from the pack, I ran with my mind full of my mate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone! :D Because the last chapter was quite short, I thought I'd upload two chapters, so there you have them :) What do you guys think so far? COMMENT and VOTE to let me know please! Thankyou, MUCH LOVE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 14.3K 43
DEFINITELY YOUR ATYPICAL STORY, JUST A HEADS UP -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:- She was a goddess, they were her worhshipers, and they ruled the wood Her...
171K 1.7K 5
The head which was expected to be held high to bear the crown of a princess, was bowed down in fear . The eyes which always witnessed love and care, ...
28.2K 478 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...
306 7 10
This story? It goes back to the time of the medieval period. The era of king and queen. Treachery and Loyalty. A girl whose leading knowledge is high...